enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 741 of 923.
#37001 11 months ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Super happy about FF. Know it won’t be another music pin for a bit, but please… Eminem, Snoop and Dre.

We've had the 60s with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, 70s with Aerosmith and Rush, 80s with AC/C, Iron Maiden and Metallica, 90s with Foo Fighters....next are the 2000s with Eminem?

#37002 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

We've had the 60s with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, 70s with Aerosmith and Rush, 80s with AC/C, Iron Maiden and Metallica, 90s with Foo Fighters....next are the 2000s with Eminem?

Given his different video personas, Em could be a good fit. Linkin Park would be a good choice. If Stern wants to really sell, do Taylor Swift. Her fans buy anything and she has the hits to support it.

#37003 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Given his different video personas, Em could be a good fit. Linkin Park would be a good choice. If Stern wants to really sell, do Taylor Swift. Her fans buy anything and she has the hits to support it.

I think Taylor Swift is a bit of a stretch. Not the demographic to afford a pinball machine either.

#37004 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I think Taylor Swift is a bit of a stretch. Not the demographic to afford a pinball machine either.

I think you underestimate her demographics. How many people would buy a machine because it would please the family...not necessarily the curmudgeonly bunch here. It would do gangbusters on location. It's not the license for me...but it would likely be a commercial success.

#37005 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

I think you underestimate her demographics. How many people would buy a machine because it would please the family...not necessarily the curmudgeonly bunch here. It would do gangbusters on location. It's not the license for me...but it would likely be a commercial success.

My wife went to two shows this past month. The Dallas tickets were resellin for thousands for a single night. They have the money.

#37006 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

On location I seriously doubt it would even draw attention from her fans. Lame title.

#37007 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Seeing how crappy seats were going for 2k in Tampa recently and sold out shows, they got the money. But are they into Pinball? lol unlikely

#37008 11 months ago

#37009 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Curmudgeonly bunch here = pinball buyers in general. Nobody is buying a Taylor Swift pinball machine because the pinball buying demographic doesn't care about Taylor Swift and Taylor Swift fans don't care about pinball.

#37010 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Curmudgeonly bunch here = pinball buyers in general. Nobody is buying a Taylor Swift pinball machine because the pinball buying demographic doesn't care about Taylor Swift and Taylor Swift fans don't care about pinball.

You always hear , someone or something is so popular they will sell a shitload .
Pinheads by pinball machines but a popular theme or person might be good on location .
Toy Story isn't popular on pinside but I was at an arcade today and it was by far , the most played machine . I can't picture any of those people playing it , buying it .

#37011 11 months ago

Taylor Swift breakup multiball? LOL, lamest theme idea ever. Would be hilarious if Stern surprised us all and put a Taylor or Britney pin out and it sold out thousands instantly

#37012 11 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Taylor Swift breakup multiball? LOL, lamest theme idea ever. Would be hilarious if Stern surprised us all and put a Taylor or Britney pin out and it sold out thousands instantly

Just count her tracks that's how manny boyfriends.

#37013 11 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Her fans were paying the price of a Stern LE OR MORE for tickets to ONE NIGHT of her current tour in some cities and she had way more demand than dates, even at those crazy prices. They have the money.

#37014 11 months ago

Foo Fighters looks as good as Godzilla.

Quoted from ahdelarge:

Eminem was already MTV in the 90s

#37015 11 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Foo Fighters looks as good as Godzilla.

Eminem was already on MTV in the 90s

#37016 11 months ago

I just realized I am wearing a pin monk t-shirt

#37017 11 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

I just realized I am wearing a pin monk t-shirt

Automatically a good day for scoring breakthroughs!

#37018 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Her fans were paying the price of a Stern LE OR MORE for tickets to ONE NIGHT of her current tour in some cities and she had way more demand than dates, even at those crazy prices. They have the money.

Time to get American Pinball on the phone and re-theme Galactic Tank Force.

#37019 11 months ago

Man…..I really would have liked to see Green Day or blink 182 instead of Foo Fighters. Just better music & I would’ve been all in on that. I’ve played the pro, it shoots great but i just can’t stand that much foo

Taylor swift sucks btw

#37020 11 months ago

Green Day would be cool. I’d like to see an original lineup Van Halen pin first, though. Can you say insta-buy?

#37021 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Seeing how crappy seats were going for 2k in Tampa recently and sold out shows, they got the money

HOLY SHIT!!! That makes $37 AUD to see Pink Floyd in 88' a WHOLE lot more fkn awesome!!!!

#37022 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

On location I seriously doubt it would even draw attention from her fans. Lame title.

Horrible title, actually. Teenage girls are not the pinball targeted demographic

#37023 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

1) How well did that work for Bond LE? Yeah, they were completely "sold out" at launch, also.
2) Why not just make the games $20K? Because even at current prices, they are running out of customers. There are plenty of other games that you can buy for less: Pulp Fiction for $10k, Scooby for $10k or less, Cactus Canyon, Galactic Tank Force, Fathom, Spinal Tap, or a thousand existing titles, or buy a Pro/Premium instead of an LE. Nobody has unlimited room or money, and there are only so many people that can spend $10k on a toy.
My advice: Don't push your luck, Stern.

I've already backed away from any NIB purchases. The economy is slowing and most NIB games depreciate 1k as soon as purchased at current prices. It will only get worse with more price increases.

#37024 11 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks pretty sure that Venom is finally up next. All signs point to this as the game that got skipped during the Covid slowdown, so it should be pretty far along as far as tweaking mechs, ball traps and software updates! The other rumor that I doubt is true, was the music will now be supplied by Ozzie?
This is a hard pass for me as is basically any Marvel beside Deadpool. If the game has Ozzie music from the Randy Rhoads era I might reconsider!

The premium/LE for this game will be worth 2k less than MSRP the minute it is purchased. LE may not even sell out at these prices.

#37025 11 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The premium/LE for this game will be worth 2k less than MSRP the minute it is purchased. LE may not even sell out at these prices.

Brian Eddy Venom with some Ozzy sound tracks.

I'll bet 24hr sell out for the LE easy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#37026 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:Brian Eddie Venom with some Ozzy sound tracks.

Yup, This face staring at you in your game room alone will sell the thing!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#37027 11 months ago

Everyone said Foo Fighters wouldn't sell , until they saw it .

#37028 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Brian Eddy Venom with some Ozzy sound tracks.

Maybe but they'll be worth 2k less within a few months of purchase.. Venom is a weak theme and Stern and other manufactures pricing has gotten out of hand. I've decided I'll let others take the hit buying NIB at these prices and buy any future games on the secondary market.

#37030 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Back the the Future 40th anniversary. 2025. Joe Kamikow Game. Franchi Art

LE will be at 17k by then!

#37031 11 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

LE will be at 17k by then!

Funny, this has been joked about over in the BTTF thread awhile ago.

6406C658-4C2B-44DD-82E7-6884123B3AEC (resized).jpeg6406C658-4C2B-44DD-82E7-6884123B3AEC (resized).jpeg
#37032 11 months ago

Franchi mentioned the Joe Kaminkow had 3 irons in the fire. Whether it was slot or pinball is to be determined.

#37033 11 months ago

Nice! So are we all still speculating a JAWS 50th anniversary release? Man i sure hope so....

#37034 11 months ago

What do you guys think of a Funko Pop pin?

I saw this about their new video game and how it blends a dozen properties pinheads are thirsty for. (Look at that flexibility when you aren't trying to recreate actor likenesses)

It combines Jurassic World, Back to the Future, The Umbrella Academy, The Thing, Child’s Play 2, Masters of the Universe, and Shaun of the Dead. I know some people want a specific BTTF game or similar, but I like how it gives you a little bit of The Thing, Shaun of the Dead, etc... which are strong licenses that might not be able to carry a full modern pinball game.

I've seen enough Funko Pop toppers here to know there are collectors...

#37035 11 months ago

They need to stop making 1000 LE per title.

#37036 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

American Pinballs next title. Just like hot wheels the main "toy" is strips of velcro all over the playfield that you can put your favorite funko pop on....
(other half of velcro sold separately)

#37037 11 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Why, they make $$$ on those. It wont happen.

#37038 11 months ago

Lego over Funko 100%.

#37039 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Only way Stern makes less than 1,000 LE models is if they can't sell them out quickly. I think Rush/Bond was close to not selling all 1,000, but Foo was quicker.

#37040 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I saw this about their new video game and how it blends a dozen properties pinheads are thirsty for. (Look at that flexibility when you aren't trying to recreate actor likenesses)
It combines Jurassic World, Back to the Future, The Umbrella Academy, The Thing, Child’s Play 2, Masters of the Universe, and Shaun of the Dead. I know some people want a specific BTTF game or similar, but I like how it gives you a little bit of The Thing, Shaun of the Dead, etc... which are strong licenses that might not be able to carry a full modern pinball game.
I've seen enough Funko Pop toppers here to know there are collectors...

Funko Pops are so dumb. I don't understand why anyone would want those things.

#37041 11 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Funko Pops are so dumb. I don't understand why anyone would want those things.

Ok? I don't collect Funko's either but they're super popular. People like them because it lets them blend a bunch of different media properties into a homogenous looking collection at a few bucks a pop.

#37042 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

but they're super popular.

Apparently not...

“New York CNN — Thirty million dollars worth of Funko (FNKO) Pop! figures – those big-headed, vinyl pop-culture dolls – will soon make their way into the hands of a new collector: The garbage collector.

Funko said in its fourth quarter earnings report that a combination of waning demand for the toys and a surplus of inventory is creating financial trouble for the company. Last year, they had to rent excess warehouse space just to hold the buildup of Funko figures, which range from Baby Yoda to Eddie Van Halen.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/05/economy/funko-pops-inventory/index.html

#37043 11 months ago

Just bought this at Hobby Lobby. Now I need a pinball to go with it.

20230425_121858 (resized).jpg20230425_121858 (resized).jpg
#37044 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Apparently not...

“New York CNN — Thirty million dollars worth of Funko (FNKO) Pop! figures – those big-headed, vinyl pop-culture dolls – will soon make their way into the hands of a new collector: The garbage collector.
Funko said in its fourth quarter earnings report that a combination of waning demand for the toys and a surplus of inventory is creating financial trouble for the company. Last year, they had to rent excess warehouse space just to hold the buildup of Funko figures, which range from Baby Yoda to Eddie Van Halen.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/05/economy/funko-pops-inventory/index.html

Yeah I heard about that. Sounded like they had a fuckton of Harry Potter pops dumped. They still sell over a billion dollars worth a year and are still growing.

#37045 11 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Does not matter. It’s just a number and think they(all manufacturers make more than number given. ) make more than what they say.

#37046 11 months ago
Screenshot_20230425_084537_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230425_084537_Facebook (resized).jpg
#37047 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Does not matter. It’s just a number and think they(all manufacturers make more than number given. ) make more than what they say.

Uhhh… say what now?
Given the LEs are numbered and I have never heard of two people having the same number how are you coming to this conclusion?

#37048 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

See the secondary market mess on pinside. That's why.

#37049 11 months ago

I can't stand Funko Pops. Basically a generic bobble head without a bobble that capitalized on the nostalgic boom and captured many collectors. These monstrosities take up half the retail space on most toy shelfs and are worse than the beanie babies craze. I see people put this garbage on top of their machines for toppers and I just shake my head. -Go buy some real figurines-not lame non working bobble heads. -Rant over(can you tell I hate Funko Pops and can't wait until they go belly up?)

#37050 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Go buy some real figurines-not lame non working bobble heads. -Rant over(can you tell I hate Funko Pops and can't wait until they go belly up?)

Yep , if you're going to buy dolls , get some that will hold their value and look cool

IMG_20230426_231708 (resized).jpgIMG_20230426_231708 (resized).jpgIMG_20230426_231740 (resized).jpgIMG_20230426_231740 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 741 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/741?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.