Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 734 of 938.
#36651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It was a typo dude, you that fkn petty??

Car's = Car is

Cars' = Cars is

You were both wrong

#36652 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Car's = Car is
Cars' = Cars is
You were both wrong

Cars. Carz. Kars. Carghs. When a world becomes a sound. Thanks Ted Lasso!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_satiation

#36653 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Car's = Car is
Cars' = Cars is
You were both wrong

It's not a complete sentence. If it was it would be either cars or cars'. Regardless, it would not be car's.

#36655 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

I don't know. Again, FF was better than expected but nobody is talking about it?

Except the foo fighters hype thread which is one of the top threads here the last two weeks?

#36656 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230316_002426_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230316_002426_Instagram (resized).jpg
#36657 1 year ago

Thanks for getting us back on track. Who do you think does art for BTF?

#36658 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Thanks for getting us back on track. Who do you think does art for BTF?

My current prediction is Eddy, Dwight, Martinez.

408829-2 (resized).jpg408829-2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
#36659 1 year ago

Porsche developed a hydrogen based fuel that works in ICE and is carbon neutral. Look it up.

Hydrogen's a disaster as an auto fuel, logistically. You have to make it (one process) then still transport it by truck (inefficient) because there's no infrastructure to move it around. It will never take off. Guzzoline's days are numbered. Anyone who has had an electric car knows this. Everyone else will find out eventually. The problems with electric are much more solvable than for any other system on the chess board.

#36660 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hydrogen's a disaster as an auto fuel, logistically. You have to make it (one process) then still transport it by truck (inefficient) because there's no infrastructure to move it around. It will never take off. Guzzoline's days are numbered. Anyone who has had an electric car knows this. Everyone else will find out eventually. The problems with electric are much more solvable than for any other system on the chess board.

80% of the electricity in the US comes from coal and nuclear.

#36662 1 year ago

I'm okay with my next pin being power by coal, nuclear power, solar, wind, gas, oil, Fred Flintstone, so long as that next pin is Super Mario Brothers... or Back to The Future.

#36663 1 year ago

80% of the electricity in the US comes from coal and nuclear.

Um, no. Those aren't correct numbers, at least for the USA.

Coal is 19%
Nuclear is 18%

Renewables are 21%.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

The change away from fossil fuels doesn't happen overnight, but in the US, fossil fuel use is falling since 2000, while renewables are increasing. Same for the EU and most of the developed world. The only major place where that isn't the case is China, which have more than quadrupled their coal use since 2000 because they have an energy problem and coal is cheap.

This really isn't the thread for this kind of discussion, though. Probably better in the EV thread.

#36664 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coal is 19%
Nuclear is 18%
Renewables are 21%.
The change away from fossil fuels doesn't happen overnight, but in the US, fossil fuel use is falling since 2000, while renewables are increasing. Same for the EU and most of the developed world. The only major place where that isn't the case is China, which have more than quadrupled their coal use since 2000 because they have an energy problem and coal is cheap.
This really isn't the thread for this kind of discussion, though. Probably better in the EV thread.

I'm not wrong but we can move on.

#36665 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coal is 19%
Nuclear is 18%
Renewables are 21%.

19+18+21 = 58/100

#36666 1 year ago

19+18+21 = 58/100

dangerfield_confused.gifdangerfield_confused.gif
#36667 1 year ago

"I'm not wrong but we can move on" is my new favorite response to being confronted with inconvenient facts.

#36668 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"I'm not wrong but we can move on" is my new favorite response to being confronted with inconvenient facts.

Inconvenient to who?

#36669 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

HA!! I like it.

#36670 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm okay with my next pin being power by coal, nuclear power, solar, wind, gas, oil, Fred Flintstone, so long as that next pin is Super Mario Brothers... or Back to The Future.

If a pin did ship with a small solar panel you might qualify for a tax credit.

#36671 1 year ago

I wanted to move on but seriously we can discuss. You think the windmills and solar panels are a legit energy source? Of the 20% renewable, a large portion of that is water which was done 100 years ago by Westinghouse and Tesla (not Elon BTW).

#36672 1 year ago

Everyone is partly correct..

1.21 Gigawatts to power the flux capacitor however the vehicle still runs on gasoline (not whiskey). Due to the inherent hazards and availability of plutonium the vehicle was fitted with a Mr. Fusion that converted waste into electricity, sometime in the near future.

#36673 1 year ago

I wanted to move on but seriously we can discuss. You think the windmills and solar panels are a legit energy source? Of the 20% renewable, a large portion of that is water which was done 100 years ago by Westinghouse and Tesla (not Elon BTW).

Hydropower is 6.2%. Hydro means water. That's less than 1/3 of the 21% renewable. Please stop pulling these numbers out of thin air and quote actual sources IN THE EV THREAD WHERE IT BELONGS. I don't think most "next Stern" owners care about your made up facts and I feel bad correcting them here since it's WAY OFF TOPIC.

#36674 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think most "next Stern" owners care

100 percent. Got a point. Fact check that.

#36675 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hydropower is 6.2%. Hydro means water. That's less than 1/3 of the 21% renewable. Please stop pulling these numbers out of thin air and quote actual sources IN THE EV THREAD WHERE IT BELONGS. I don't think most "next Stern" owners care about your made up facts.

I feel bad for you. Go research Google University or maybe you should ask a professional in the industry if you know one.

#36676 1 year ago

I feel bad for you. Go research Google University or maybe you should ask a professional in the industry if you know one.

Quoted from Vespula:

100 percent. Got a point. Fact check that.

For real. Move on.

#36677 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hydropower is 6.2%. Hydro means water. That's less than 1/3 of the 21% renewable. Please stop pulling these numbers out of thin air and quote actual sources IN THE EV THREAD WHERE IT BELONGS. I don't think most "next Stern" owners care about your made up facts and I feel bad correcting them here since it's WAY OFF TOPIC.

I mean think about what you just said. If 6% comes from hydro, that means that 15% comes from wind/ solar?. So basically 85% comes from something other than wind or solar.

#36678 1 year ago

jfc nearly 40% of our energy comes from natural gas. There's no mysterious missing % just move on like you suggested, you're making an utter fool of yourself.

Anyways, who wants to see Zombie Yeti draw Venom?

Venom (resized).pngVenom (resized).png
#36679 1 year ago

CRU BTTF post me out of this mess.

#36680 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

jfc nearly 40% of our energy comes from natural gas. There's no mysterious missing % just move on like you suggested, you're making an utter fool of yourself.
Anyways, who wants to see Zombie Yeti draw Venom?[quoted image]

I get it bro. Again 80% of electricity is non renewable.

#36681 1 year ago

I mean think about what you just said. If 6% comes from hydro, that means that 15% comes from wind/ solar?. So basically 85% comes from something other than wind or solar.

Please read the link I included in the initial post about an hour ago. It literally answers all your questions and is STRAIGHT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. And you'll get some actual facts at the same time, instead of floundering with made-up numbers.

After you do that, if you want to continue to discuss, PLEASE GO TO THE EV THREAD. This is not the thread for this conversation.

I get it bro. Again 80% of electricity is non renewable.

<79% actually. And falling. Non-renewable is decreasing. Renewable is increasing. It doesn't happen overnight, but it's a steady change.

#36682 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Please read the link I included in the initial post about an hour ago. It literally answers all your questions and is STRAIGHT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. And you'll get some actual facts at the same time, instead of floundering with made-up numbers.
After you do that, if you want to continue to discuss, PLEASE GO TO THE EV THREAD. This is not the thread for this conversation.

So stop posting on it.......

#36683 1 year ago

So stop posting on it.......

Repeat that one more time. Fingers crossed...

mirror (resized).jpgmirror (resized).jpg
#36684 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Repeat that one more time. Fingers crossed...[quoted image]

LOL. This is the same kind of groupthink bs that allows the pinball industry to sell games to us for 12k.

#36685 1 year ago

Where are all the emotional posts regarding peoples experience with FF. How they went to a concert and it changed their world. All a sales pitch.

#36687 1 year ago

You know.....Clerks would be a good pin.

#36688 1 year ago

See something productive came out of this.

#36689 1 year ago

You know Clerks would be a good pin.

I was thinking of other super quotable 90s movies that might pair well with Pulp Fiction, and that would be one.

#36690 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I do!

#36691 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

who wants to see Zombie Yeti draw Venom?[quoted image]

ZY is the fantastic! I would love to see him on a vault Stranger Things art package also. A Vecna model.

#36692 1 year ago

Can we just agree already that bttf as well as jaws are not happening. Everyday all day these damn delusional talks about the two of them.

#36693 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Can we just agree already that bttf as well as jaws are not happening. Everyday all day these damn delusional talks about the two of them.

I hope you are incorrect. Jaws and BTTF are blockbuster pins for me.

#36694 1 year ago

CRU BTTF post me out of this mess.

4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230118_151842_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230118_151842_Instagram (resized).jpg
#36695 1 year ago

Where are all the emotional posts regarding peoples experience with FF. How they went to a concert and it changed their world. All a sales pitch.

Foo Fighters is nothing more than “Hard Rock” for 35-45 year old white chicks. Not a polarizing band for many.

#36696 1 year ago

Someone posted “heavy metal for moms” a couple weeks ago - cracked me up! No edge to them and their tunes do nothing for me. Game looks cool though, but no way would I want to hear their music daily in my house.

#36697 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Game looks cool though, but no way would I want to hear their music daily in my house....

You forgot the last part on that sentence "....especially when playing pinball."
Just joking with you Foo fans. I have Rush so I'm an easy target for those people that don't like it appreciate MY all-time favorite band. . But at least Rush is a male dominated sport. No Karen's here. Lol. Sorry just kidding again, couldn't help myself.

Anywsy, there's some talk about bttf or jaws as a future release I'm hearing about?

#36698 1 year ago

Foo Fighters are easily in my top 5 list of rock bands. even better that they are widely accepted among family & friends of both genders.

#36700 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can’t wait!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 734 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/734?hl=codhollandaise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.