Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 733 of 938.
#36601 1 year ago

Man would I love to Cocaine Bear the pin, done in a 90's retro style....

#36602 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

It’s because comic art was retired quite some time ago.

But, why didn't they retire the original art and rerun the classic art instead?

#36603 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It's weird even the hype has simmered down for Bond 60th-I think people are bamboozled by all the releases-I know I am.
You get a pinball, and you get a pinball, and you get a pinball-everyone gets new pinball machines!
[quoted image]

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still waiting to receive my free pinball machine from pinmister
I hope that it's a bond 60th

#36604 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's finally here... Pinball burnout. Too many too fast. Must unplug, get back to real life, eat, work, talk to humans, family, chores, sleep. Oh yeah, play pinball, almost forgot.

One week after reveal, the sky is falling

#36605 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

It’s because comic art was retired quite some time ago.

Perfect example of an executive making the wrong decision. The fact that comic art units command $2k above NIB MSRP while selling in short order should have been a clue to Stern about what consumers want. The same can be said about Spiderman. The VE comic is the one everyone wants and for good reason. The comic art is actually quite good while the movie art looks like cheap, photoshop garbage.

#36606 1 year ago

If y'all popped in the SW club you'd see the original art is the preferred version overall. It has been discussed numerous times. Have you seen the font on the comic art?! Ewwwww.

#36607 1 year ago

i suspect their are many fewer comic premiums out there which is why the demand. I too much prefer the original art, for what it's worth.

#36608 1 year ago

Let's get back on track.

Screenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpg
#36609 1 year ago

Back to the future was released before I was born. I love the movies. Showed my kids (7,9,11) the movies... they loved them. Wife loves them. Parents love them. I think it is a theme that appeals to many generations and would sell like hot cakes.

#36610 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Let's get back on track.[quoted image]

2025, Book it!

#36611 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Mom needs a new liver, let me know.

I was in the NAVY, I don’t think anyone would want it.

#36612 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

i suspect their are many fewer comic premiums out there which is why the demand. I too much prefer the original art, for what it's worth.

Fair enough

#36613 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I was in the NAVY, I don’t think anyone would want it.

I was USMC, ill take it!

#36614 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was USMC, ill take it!

Haha! It’s yours brother!

#36615 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Back to the future was released before I was born. I love the movies. Showed my kids (7,9,11) the movies... they loved them. Wife loves them. Parents love them. I think it is a theme that appeals to many generations and would sell like hot cakes.

Maybe it's the next Raw Thrills title?

Another throw back title, like PF.

#36616 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was USMC, ill take it!

Your Devil Dog body will reject it. Its not strong enough. Maybe for someone in the "Chair"-force. lol. Army Vet here

#36618 1 year ago

Gomez also earlier said that if they were rerunning it they would address the TK lock, to try to make a version that worked more consistently out of the box. So the Prems would actually be slightly upgraded over first run machines.

#36619 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Be cool if someone could do a pinball music swap for Foo using 311

Just got home from 311 day at sea. I would love this!

#36620 1 year ago

This is a long shot and more of a 'what if' then what i really think it'd be. But you know what i'd really like to see? A Jamiroquai pinball machine. I feel like some of the sections from their music video's would compliment the playfield if done right. though it's easier to imagine then do.

Jamiroquai (resized).jpgJamiroquai (resized).jpg
#36621 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

This is a long shot and more of a 'what if' then what i really think it'd be. But you know what i'd really like to see? A Jamiroquai pinball machine. I feel like some of the sections from their music video's would compliment the playfield if done right. though it's easier to imagine then do.
[quoted image]

This is pinside.
Nothing less is desirable but from the 70s 80s and 90s only.

(Juat look at the screeching about GTF)

Why don't we just make a juke box pinball machine and rid of this music pinball obsession.

Plug in an album, AI generate modes and vola a music pin.

(Multimorphic eat your heart out this)

Musical pinball are the musical tooth brushes in the kitty section.

Wasting your money on a dated music pin is certainly going to not look good. When people from 3000s are going to look at the erra and refer it to as inferior.

#36622 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

This is pinside.
Nothing less is desirable but from the 70s 80s and 90s only.
(Juat look at the screeching about GTF)
Why don't we just make a juke box pinball machine and rid of this music pinball obsession.
Plug in an album, AI generate modes and vola a music pin.
(Multimorphic eat your heart out this)
Musical pinball are the musical tooth brushes in the kitty section.
Wasting your money on a dated music pin is certainly going to not look good. When people from 3000s are going to look at the erra and refer it to as inferior.

A juke pin would be neat but unrealistic in my opinion. I feel as though having the same layout with a new theme would serve to hinder it more then it would benefit... I don't really so much have a obsession with music pins. as to tell you the truth i really dislike the majority of them. the exception being Rush. and maybe metallica on a good day... I just happen to be a musician so alot of my time is spent learning about audio and making sounds.... I guess a really neat non-musical pin would be M*A*S*H or Colditz or Hogan's Heroes. Edit: Or Mchale's Navy

#36623 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

[quoted image]

We need a Simple Plan pin way before those goofballs. lol.

#36624 1 year ago

Hearing Motley Crue's Live Wire in this new commercial was exciting. It also brings it into 2023.
Check it out.

#36625 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hearing Motley Crue's Live Wire in this new commercial was exciting. It also brings it into 2023.
Check it out.

They are trying so hard to make electric cars cool. Question - If you live in a big city and have to park on the street or in a garage, where do you charge your vehicle?

#36626 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Your Devil Dog body will reject it. Its not strong enough. Maybe for someone in the "Chair"-force. lol. Army Vet here

Someone from the Scouts would have to donate to them.

#36627 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

They are trying so hard to make electric cars cool. Question - If you live in a big city and have to park on the street or in a garage, where do you charge your vehicle?

At work? Shopping? Even in podunk Redding, CA there are LOTS of chargers around town. And rapid charging means you're not running out of power unless you're the kind of person that runs out of gas, too.

My wife had an all electric Fiat 500e (crazy good lease deal since it was a compliance car - like $80/mo) and a Volt hybrid (also great lease deal at about $65/mo). The Fiat 500e was a fantastic around town car she still talks about. It was the first one in our town, so she got lots of attention (she didn't actually like) driving it. The Chevy Volt, however, was an absolute piece of CRAP. Fiat electric is coming back to the US market next year with a revised 500e, and she wants one already. Doubt there will be any crazy lease deals this time, so we might just buy it.

We got a new Odyssey last year, but I was trying to hold out for the electric or hybrid one coming. Didn't make it, unfortunately, but I might sell it prematurely when the hybrid or electric is released. Electric transport is fantastic. If we could be an all electric car household right now with cars/vans we like, we'd do it.

#36628 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At work? Shopping? Even in podunk Redding, CA there are LOTS of chargers around town. And rapid charging means you're not running out of power unless you're the kind of person that runs out of gas, too.
My wife had an all electric Fiat 500e (crazy good lease deal since it was a compliance car - like $80/mo) and a Volt hybrid (also great lease deal at about $65/mo). The Fiat 500e was a fantastic around town car she still talks about. It was the first one in our town, so she got lots of attention (she didn't actually like) driving it. The Chevy Volt, however, was an absolute piece of CRAP. Fiat electric is coming back to the US market next year with a revised 500e, and she wants one already. Doubt there will be any crazy lease deals this time, so we might just buy it.
We got a new Odyssey last year, but I was trying to hold out for the electric or hybrid one coming. Didn't make it, unfortunately, but I might sell it prematurely when the hybrid or electric is released. Electric transport is fantastic. If we could be an all electric car household right now with cars/vans we like, we'd do it.

They should make the existing fuel more efficient and retro fit it to ICE vehicles. Speaking of BTTF, Mr Fusion would be the way to go. EVs are trash and if you live in the cold weather part of the country good luck with the heat. This is more about emerging markets and a cash grab than saving the planet. lol. Wait a minute, cash grab, pinball. Is there a connection here?. hah.

#36629 1 year ago

They should make the existing fuel more efficient and retro fit it to ICE vehicles. Speaking of BTTF, Mr Fusion would be the way to go. EVs are trash and if you live in the cold weather part of the country good luck with the heat. This is more about emerging markets and a cash grab than saving the planet. lol. Wait a minute, cash grab, pinball. Is there a connection here?. hah.

Fuel efficiency has hit the wall, I'm afraid. Our new Odyssey turns off at stop lights to save ONE MPG. And you can't override it permanently. You have to press a button every time you start the van. So you can kiss that coming super-internal-combustion-engine fantasy goodbye. Carmakers are using gimmicks to try to pass fuel efficiency standards that are already almost out of reach.

Electrics are diminished in extreme hot and extreme cold. We are in the extreme hot end. 120F isn't uncommon in the summer and we have weeks, sometimes months over 100F straight. But the reduction in efficiency isn't enough to put us off electric now that we've owned one (and a crappy hybrid). It sounds like you haven't, so it's hard to take your extreme, unrealistic conclusion seriously.

Also, for the record, it doesn't mean I can't still have a 60s era musclecar for fun. I love the Barracudas and Chargers, etc of that era. Had a ton of fun in my 20s with my Dart with a 318 V8. But for transportation in 2023, those are terrible choices. Fun, yes. Practical? No.

#36630 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fuel efficiency has hit the wall, I'm afraid. Our new Odyssey turns off at stop lights to save ONE MPG. And you can't override it permanently. You have to press a button every time you start the van. So you can kiss that coming super-internal-combustion-engine fantasy goodbye. Carmakers are using gimmicks to try to pass fuel efficiency standards that are already almost out of reach.
Electrics are diminished in extreme hot and extreme cold. We are in the extreme hot end. 120F isn't uncommon in the summer and we have weeks, sometimes months over 100F straight. But the reduction in efficiency isn't enough to put us off electric now that we've owned one (and a crappy hybrid). It sounds like you haven't, so it's hard to take your extreme, unrealistic conclusion seriously.
Also, for the record, it doesn't mean I can't still have a 60s era musclecar for fun. I love the Barracudas and Chargers, etc of that era. Had a ton of fun in my 20s with my Dart with a 318 V8. But for transportation in 2023, those are terrible choices. Fun, yes. Practical? No.

Porsche developed a hydrogen based fuel that works in ICE and is carbon neutral. Look it up.

#36631 1 year ago

Car's that run off farts..it's coming!!!

#36632 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

cars'

#36633 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

IMG_20230316_230109 (resized).jpgIMG_20230316_230109 (resized).jpg
#36634 1 year ago

Not sure how It would work in a big city like Manhattan but assuming if you lived there with the vehicle you have a parking garage set up to charge.

I have a Tesla with a charger in my garage and it works great for what I need it for. The area I live in has Tesla superchargers all over the place so never a issue. 0-60 real quick.

#36635 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The area I live in has Tesla superchargers all over the place so never a issue.

Small world. My area has superchargers on Vettes, Camaros, Stangs, and Challengers all over the place too - oh wait, wrong superchargers.

#36636 1 year ago

#36637 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroRambler:

Small world. My area has superchargers on Vettes, Camaros, Stangs, and Challengers all over the place too - oh wait, wrong superchargers.

Ha , we have them also thank goodness.

#36638 1 year ago

In regards to the video I posted it was great hearing Motley Crue. Especially LiveWire.
Wondering if there enough fans for a Crue pin.

#36639 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not sure how It would work in a big city like Manhattan but assuming if you lived there with the vehicle you have a parking garage set up to charge.
I have a Tesla with a charger in my garage and it works great for what I need it for. The area I live in has Tesla superchargers all over the place so never a issue. 0-60 real quick.

Yep, ditto. Best run around and daily driving car I've had. I've had the Tesla for almost 5 years, and I've had to......replace tires and fill the washer fluid. Ideal daily driver.

Electric cars have their place, but they aren't ready for some areas, no matter what. But that doesn't mean everyone should continue to turn their noses up to them, like they are a foreign concept, for sure.

As for the Crue, hey, maybe it happens one day.

#36640 1 year ago

We used to live in a high rise downtown Columbus, Ohio.
The parking garage has EV plugs, and several near by street spots has EV plugs.
It wasn’t ideal, but it was workable.
Fast forward to two years later, and there is even more EV infrastructure installed downtown.

However, my EV experience was not good.
I owned a Polestar 2 for all of 3 1/2 months before getting rid of it. It has numerous issues. The worst issue was that the parking brakes (like all EVs) apply every time it’s parked. If you drive on a wet day, the following morning the brakes would be rusted to the rotors. The car would pop and lurch forward when you drive off. About 2 months into ownership the pads left material on the rotors, and both pads and rotors had to be replaced.

#36641 1 year ago

What about a multi-band pin like Rock Band (video game) where you have to time shots to complete songs while the music is playing. Stern could offer expansion packs that cover every genre of music that offers expandability via upgrades vs single band themes- just a thought.

#36642 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroRambler:

What about a multi-band pin

It’s called Wayne’s World (Waynestock). Would be an awesome theme with great music!
-
Oh and hydrogen fuel cell > EV 100%

#36643 1 year ago

You silly, you bring your own small gas powered generator everywhere you go. Super convenient!

FcEW2iqaAAAdm5e (resized).jpgFcEW2iqaAAAdm5e (resized).jpg
#36644 1 year ago

I just dont get how mining cobalt in africa is any better than refining oil in saudi.

BTW FF was way better than expected.

#36645 1 year ago

It was a typo dude, you that fkn petty??

#36646 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It was a typo dude, you that fkn petty??

Get over it.

#36647 1 year ago

So the answer is yes then

#36648 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

So the answer is yes then

I don't know. Again, FF was better than expected but nobody is talking about it?

#36649 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In regards to the video I posted it was great hearing Motley Crue. Especially LiveWire.
Wondering if there enough fans for a Crue pin.

Probably more than Foo Fighters.

#36650 1 year ago

Again, FF was better than expected but nobody is talking about it?

Is this maybe similar to Rush?
Or
Tucked among unusual amount of pin releases at the same time and suffering due to the competition ?
Or
Initial media blast meets reality?
Or
Not enough face time by enough people to solidify and support the hype to keep momentum going?
Or
Enough people have played and/or enough people have watched streams that it's just not resonating.
Or...?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 733 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/733 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.