balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 729 of 923.
#36401 1 year ago

You won't see that. Maybe a Tron Vault.....

#36402 1 year ago

So Stern's licensing director Jody Dankberg spent the entire FF LE debut stream wearing a G1 Transformers helmet (Jack said Shockwave I think).

If that's not a strong hint at the rumored possible retheme release that may be coming then I'd be surprised... Otherwise wtf is that about? Pure coincidence someone had the helmet laying around and Jody just felt like being weird as hell??

I'd rather have Tron, but doing TF right with improved code and G1 style would be a winner for me.

Zombie Yeti said on the FF insiders podcast something like sign him up for G1 TF, he'd love to do it - so fingers crossed. I don't recall how it came up, maybe it's a deflection when asked about it randomly, but him mentioning it at all kinda throws that into doubt, so who knows...

#36403 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

So Stern's licensing director Jody Dankberg spent the entire FF LE debut stream wearing a G1 Transformers helmet (Jack said Shockwave I think).
If that's not a strong hint at the rumored possible retheme release that may be coming then I'd be surprised... Otherwise wtf is that about? Pure coincidence someone had the helmet laying around and Jody just felt like being weird as hell??
I'd rather have Tron, but doing TF right with improved code and G1 style would be a winner for me.
Zombie Yeti said on the FF insiders podcast something like sign him up for G1 TF, he'd love to do it - so fingers crossed. I don't recall how it came up, maybe it's a deflection when asked about it randomly, but him mentioning it at all kinda throws that into doubt, so who knows...

It was because of the Foo bot. You know the giant combiner they use to defeat the overlord. In this game. It's on the playfield and the cabinet! It's an homage to transformers and voltron..ect

#36404 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

It was because of the Foo bot. You know the giant combiner they use to defeat the overlord. In this game. It's on the playfield and the cabinet! It's an homage to transformers and voltron..ect

You must be right - I saw a transcript of Zombie Yeti's comments, and he offered up loving TF and being onboard with a G1 TF game (with the Kyzviat brothers) all by himself. Seems unlikely to even be in the works if he's taking about the theme openly...

#36405 1 year ago

I'm not a fan of ZY's art style but it's pretty much perfect for G1 Transformers. One can dream.

#36406 1 year ago

What percent are we at with venom being the next cornerstone?

#36407 1 year ago

JJP Godfather why do I think of rats nest when I see pic-Haha

JJP rats nest (resized).jpgJJP rats nest (resized).jpgRats nest.gifRats nest.gif
#36408 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You won't see that. Maybe a Tron Vault

So looks like I get the year off from Stern FOMO? Tron 2.0 LCD followed by Venom

Starting to buy some mods for older Stern titles and fixing up some arcade games. Have to switch focus which is good(probably healthy as well). Wonder if this may be the first year with no FOMO from Stern

#36409 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

JJP Godfather why do I think of rats nest when I see pic-Haha
[quoted image][quoted image]

That makes me excited to see what's comming , compare that to a Godzilla Pro .

IMG_20230305_014140 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_014140 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_013943 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_013943 (resized).jpg
#36410 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That makes me excited to see what's comming , compare that to a Godzilla Pro

Looks like a technicians nightmare to me, Godzilla Pro is epic and may eat GF for breakfast. Do not be fooled by coil count-remember WOZ-'The rainbow show with no flow'.

#36411 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Do not be fooled by coil count-remember WOZ-'The rainbow show with no flow'.

Don't forget it's JJP's biggest selling game , with 5000 ruby red's sold , plus the other versions .

#36412 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't forget it's JJP's biggest selling game , with 5000 ruby red's sold , plus the other versions .

yawn.gifyawn.gif
#36413 1 year ago

Good suggestion , someone should finally do a Warner Brothers pin Justice .

#36414 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

should finally do a Warner Brothers pin Justice

A Warner Bros. pin must have Marvin the Martian

M (resized).jpgM (resized).jpgM. (resized).jpgM. (resized).jpg
#36415 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

A Warner Bros. pin must have Marvin the Martian
[quoted image][quoted image]

Being from Tassie , I would have to go for Taz .

IMG_20230305_024809 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_024809 (resized).jpg
#36416 1 year ago

G1 Transformers would be so awesome, I could get excited for that. I'm still dreaming of Goonies one day... dream theme.

#36417 1 year ago

For some reason , also a big fan of Hubie and Bertie .

IMG_20230305_025652 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_025652 (resized).jpg
#36418 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

G1 Transformers would be so awesome

Would be epic and have me pulling trigger for LE probably

I am a little disappointed-if it is Tron 2.0-been there done that unless complete redesign(added movie footage-meh)

I was jazzed for the possibility of another IJ, or Transformers or something? Now I guess I get to check out BTTF memes and GIFs for the next year?-Oh vey

#36419 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I get to check out BTTF memes and GIFs for the next year?

I did watch a great episode on Netflix-The movies that made us about BTTF. Really interesting documentary and well worth the watch(lots of insider details)-FYI

#36420 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I'm not a fan of ZY's art style but it's pretty much perfect for G1 Transformers. One can dream.

Not to derail this thread btw - I’m seriously curious: What defines my ‘style’ and what don’t you like about it?

Legit question as all I ever try to do is spend every second I can squeeze out of a schedule trying to prove that you can create unique and interesting composition and drawings that hopefully look like they’re worth the price and are thoughtful to the subject at hand. There’s more - but that’s the basic gist…

But something about that is unlikeable to you so I am curious. Not trying to be a dick - legit trying to understand in case I’ve been wasting my life

I haven’t had a vacation in 10+ years as a result btw. So I really do question my efforts. This could help!

/end derailment

#36421 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I’m seriously curious: What defines my ‘style’ and what don’t you like about it?

I think your art is spectacular and you are super talented. My only critique is the spectrum of colors for the particular palette. More reds and less pinks,etc. Rich colors that blend well and still have a dramatic effect. I tried to pick apart what art I did not like on Foo Fighters and the only thing I could come up with is the band members legs look a little too long towards bottom of pf and remind me of one of the inflatable tube men dancers. -Thank you for all that you contribute and I appreciate all that you do personally.

#36422 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think your art is spectacular and you are super talented. My only critique is the spectrum of colors for the particular palette. More reds and less pinks,etc. Rich colors that blend well and still have a dramatic effect. I tried to pick apart what art I did not like on Foo Fighters and the only thing I could come up with is the band members legs look a little too long towards bottom of pf and remind me of one of the inflatable tube men dancers. -Thank you for all that you contribute and I appreciate all that you do personally.

Interesting… I’ve never had a single note from a licensor on a project…. I work for their property technically. I used to think that was the litmus test.. along with sales.

I’ve been questioning it tho - really hope the next guy knocks it out of the park for you!

#36423 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not to derail this thread btw - I’m seriously curious: What defines my ‘style’ and what don’t you like about it?
Legit question as all I ever try to do is spend every second I can squeeze out of a schedule trying to prove that you can create unique and interesting composition and drawings that hopefully look like they’re worth the price and are thoughtful to the subject at hand. There’s more - but that’s the basic gist…
But something about that is unlikeable to you so I am curious. Not trying to be a dick - legit trying to understand in case I’ve been wasting my life
I haven’t had a vacation in 10+ years as a result btw. So I really do question my efforts. This could help!
/end derailment

I also think your art is spectacular .
My only concern is , that they use you too much and your artwork isn't considered special because everybody gets used to it .

#36424 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I’ve been questioning it tho - really hope the next guy knocks it out of the park for you!

I have noticed artist are sensitive and somewhat introverted. I recommend staying humble and take it with a grain of salt. I have seen Chris go off the rails and it does not put him in a good light(very talented guy).

#36425 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

Your art is amazing. GB LE ,Foo LE, Iron Maiden LE Soooo good... As well as the rest.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36426 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

Artists are their own toughest critics. I’m sure you’re always striving for perfection and picking apart your work long after the job is completed. Notice I said “job” not piece because I’m sure you’re always thinking about tweaks to the pieces you’ve “finished” and how you could keep improving it. Your post is case in point. You do amazing work and none of us are to tell you how you should be doing your job. Art is subjective and to some it will appear different than to others. You wont make everyone happy all the time. You can make some of the people happy most of the time. Personally I’d like to see your art breathe rather than be too condensed. Your talent and detail stands out as it is and when it’s sandwiched in too tightly or too busy around the main focus the brilliance of your work might get lost. Keep up the great work. I hope you’re on the next BTTF pin!

#36427 1 year ago

Yeti your art is killing it on every title you've touched.

It's been awhile, but I'd really like to have another beer with ya and shoot the shit.

VERY glad to see you growing at stern and it has upped the bar to anyone coming into the scene now.

#36428 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

Also thank you. My game room and friends loves your work!

#36429 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have noticed artist are sensitive and somewhat introverted. I recommend staying humble and take it with a grain of salt. I have seen Chris go off the rails and it does not put him in a good light(very talented guy).

Chris is a friend but he’s not an introvert (podcasters are not introverts in most cases at least)

It’s not about like or dislikes btw - I promise. It’s about effort and time for anyone who does this. It’s much harder work and longer days than when I was a carpenter, for instance. More pain too.

I could work in other industries for more return but I love pinball and tried to push where I thought I could. Never intended to wear it my welcome.

I appreciate your input. I’m not being snarky or sensitive. I legit need to hear this right now so thanks.

#36430 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

really hope the next guy knocks it out of the park for you!

But you are the next guy since you are on both cornerstones this year. Unless...there's a third game coming from Stern this year?

#36431 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Your art sells games !
At the end of the day , the overwhelming majority love your art .
Avengers wouldn't have sold half as many if it wasn't for you .

#36432 1 year ago

All art (including music) is subjective to the audience and you will never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. I find your work fantastic a selling point on FF and other pins (also very cool that you have worked with FFs before with their show posters)

I can imagine it must be hard to pour that much effort into something and then hear people say they don’t like it. I would say well over 95% of the responses to your work I have seen have been very positive, focus on those instead of the ones who don’t find your art to be their preference.

Just my 1/2 cent.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

#36433 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I legit need to hear this right now so thanks.

Honestly your work is top notch, you capture great detail without making it look like a cartoon. The only thing I see is the color palate needs to be toned down. You don't want to be remembered as a rainbow show artist. It worked for Ghostbusters but I do feel like the hot pinks,etc. could have been left out on FF with the same effect. Iron Maiden is a masterpiece with the toned down colors-just a suggestion. Sorry I am an art snob

#36434 1 year ago

Pinball is lucky to have zombieyeti

#36435 1 year ago

Imagine a world falling apart… because people just did everything the way pinside wanted.

Ha. No thank you.

#36436 1 year ago

It pains me to think that you take criticisms of your art too seriously - and question your blood, sweat, and tears into it.. That is a miniscule minority of the response /feedback. Your body of work has to be the most beloved art in all of pinball, ever. Unquestionably on modern times.
Is there any argument there? Only Franchi is even in the same league. But you can't make everyone happy, all the time.

Concentrate on the vast majority that think your work is fantastic, sir. I look at my Maiden and GZ everyday. Masterpieces. Kudos to you on FF as well, I was personally blown away seeing the Pro initially, and I don't even like the Foo Fighters, LOL.

#36437 1 year ago

Stern, please give us an Insane Clown Posse and Beavis & Butthead pin.

#36438 1 year ago

Oh man I think the entire package of FF is incredible. I really want to get a set of the pro decals as well. zombieyeti any chance the FF banner will be the foo bot that’s on the sides of the premium? I need it

#36439 1 year ago

I apologize for it coming across like that. Not my intent. I try to not come here for sanity - BUT - that seems self serving so I try to take it all in. Good & bad. Listen - i get burnt out and I question why I function that way occasionally. That’s it. I’ll get a break sometime and regroup.

I am a people pleaser tho - so I don’t like letting people down.

Now - Please forgive my derailment and just get back to speculating on BTTF!?

Quoted from PinKopf:

It pains me to think that you take criticisms of your art too seriously - and question your blood, sweat, and tears into it.. That is a miniscule minority of the response /feedback. You're busy on work has to be the most beloved art in all of pinball, ever. Unquestionably on modern times.
Is there any argument there? Only Franchi is even in the same league. But you can't make everyone happy, all the time.
Concentrate on the vast majority that think your work is fantastic, sir. I look at my Maiden and GZ everyday. Masterpieces. Kudos to you on FF as well, I was personally blown away seeing the Pro initially, and I don't even like the Foo Fighters, LOL.

#36440 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Please forgive my derailment

Not a derailment and I appreciate you posting here and asking for feedback-good stuff

#36441 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I am a people pleaser tho - so I don’t like letting people down.

dude, your art is awesome, 'nuff said.

#36442 1 year ago

#36443 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I try to not come here for sanity

You are very wise indeed.

#36444 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

The vast majority of pinheads love everything that you do. I don't think you have much to worry about there. I'm not an art critic, but since you are asking, I *personally* feel that your art style is AWESOME for marvel themes and great for music themes, but less fitting for darker or movie themes like GZ or GB, for example. It's always technically great, but very busy and overly colorful for some themes, imo. Sometimes less is more... maybe more primary colors, muted colors, and blacks/greys instead of hot colors and pinks, purples, etc? Some larger and bolder characters, or solid color spaces in place of so many small details jammed into the same space? Just some thoughts. What do I know.

#36445 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Please forgive my derailment and just get back to speculating on BTTF!?

F83B711F-C421-48F4-B8B6-BADF2CAA58EB.gifF83B711F-C421-48F4-B8B6-BADF2CAA58EB.gif
#36446 1 year ago

ZY, thanks for your efforts on all of your projects! Your talent has truly pushed the expectation of what pinball art should be to unprecedented levels. I would imagine this is a double edged sword for you.

My wife and I were discussing your art as we were trying to decide which FF pin to buy and you would have thought we were art history majors standing in the Louvre discussing some classic painting. I don’t know shit about art, but I appreciate the way the side cabinets seem to have so much depth to them as well as your attention to detail. For example including Dave’s cross around his neck and choosing Dave’s favorite guitar, the Gibson ES. For what it’s worth, my wife and I are big fans of the FF’s and we totally think you captured the ethos of the band. I hope you enjoy some well earned rest before you get started on back to the future.

#36447 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

Firstly, you deserve a lot of respect for getting on here and having this discourse, few people in your position would do that. And the fact you're open to opinions is very refreshing. Art is entirely subjective, I live with 3 professional artists (wife, son, and daughter), all whom have distinct styles and approaches to their work. I (as an engineer) often don't quite understand what they're doing or why, but its personal to them, even when they are working under commission to a client. The pin art you produce is almost always very well done and captures the mood and subject that I believe is attempting to be conveyed with the machine overall. I highly respect what you do and the creativity involved. Stick to your style, create images that speak to you. That's what got you to the point where you're probably the best known artist in this industry, and I know of people that have bought a pin largely because of your art. You shouldn't second guess what you're doing, stay the course.

#36448 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end derailment

Don't question your style. Amazing work. Period. I have an Avengers Infinity Quest and Godzilla right next to each other and they look so good because of what you did. And I'm really looking forward Foo Fighters that's now on the way. Be you. It's good. Really good.

#36449 1 year ago

Boomers triggered by colors but it’s everyone else who’s too sensitive…

#36450 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Boomers triggered by colors but it’s everyone else who’s too sensitive…

Heyyyyy, I'm a Boomer and I absolutely love the look of the FF pin. When I saw the green powdercoat I was in, it plays off the artwork so well. Only thing I'd change about the game is the wait time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 729 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/729 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.