20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 728 of 942.
#36351 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stern all- access website LE's are gone. Not sure the amount.
[quoted image]

It's a marketing gimmick IMO.

#36352 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I just looked up Atari Road Runner. Too bad they only made 2 prototypes before it was canceled.

You didn't miss anything. Atari pins sucked overall. They just felt bad to play - there was SO MUCH empty space in them. Yuck.

#36353 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I appreciate JD's designs with his use of the newton ball / captive ball. I like where it is tucked in next to a ramp (he did something similar with JDJP). A slightly off shot scores the captive ball, but sometimes caroms and still scores the ramp shot. The captive ball eats some of the energy of a dead on shot and removes some of the clunk element a stand up target would impart with a rocket shot back at the flippers. It feels like good thoughtful design and makes what could be dead space on the playfield into something fun and interactive.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nasty exposed metal that on Bond has caused some damage to balls and could accelerate playfield wear.

B845F1B1-C061-4E63-A729-33990FBA9E53 (resized).jpegB845F1B1-C061-4E63-A729-33990FBA9E53 (resized).jpeg
#36354 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Nasty exposed metal that on Bond has caused some damage to balls and could accelerate playfield wear.
[quoted image]

Looks like those angles are covered up my the newton ball. I wouldn't think it could hit.

#36355 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

Looks like you can get the ball and the spinner on the same shot, ala iron maiden.

Right semi orbit also resembles that left spinner on iron maiden.

And last both upper and left orbit resemble iron maiden.

Bottom ramp is similar to dead pool’s

Love it! Super fast

Iron maiden is my all tome time favorite so I am on board with this awesome layout!

#36356 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Looks like those angles are covered up my the newton ball. I wouldn't think it could hit.

Good deal. Game looks like it will be a blast to shoot! Congrats Jack!!

#36357 1 year ago

Thinking what two balls in the upper playfield during multiball could play like.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36358 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thinking what two balls in the upper playfield during multiball could play like.

Go play GNR.

#36359 1 year ago

Two balls moving fast in a tight loop with multiple paths. I have put lot of time on GNR.

#36360 1 year ago

Next RATM !

Screenshot_20230228_194046_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_194046_Chrome (resized).jpg
#36361 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Two balls moving fast in a tight loop with multiple paths. I have put lot of time on GNR.

I knew what you meant,
2 hours with no post after 109 posts in 24 hours ...needed to break the glass and grab the defib.

#36362 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Next RATM ![quoted image]

Not like they have any actual rebellious fans left.

#36363 1 year ago

Against the PB machine...

#36364 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Against the PB machine...

I would love to see them retheme and slightly change Aerosmith to RATM.
Classic boomer ownage.

#36365 1 year ago

Please
Yes

#36366 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds like it might hurt, but to each their own

#36367 1 year ago

I would love to see them retheme and slightly change Aerosmith to RATM.
God forbid a locked ball

#36368 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

My god, the horror!

#36369 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

My god, the horror!

And stop playing immediately.

#36370 1 year ago

Rage Against the 10k Pinball Machine!

They would though. They sold out long ago. Not much rage left in the tank.

#36371 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think of Gottlieb Monte Carlo but Road Runner is more like Foo

Jack said his inspiration came from Dan Langlois with his 1987 Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown design

Screenshot_20230228_221839_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_221839_Chrome (resized).jpg
#36372 1 year ago

No to Rage Against The Machine

#36373 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Rage Against the 10k Pinball Machine!
They would though. They sold out long ago. Not much rage left in the tank.

Yeah, ok to each his own flavor. I'd prefer sold out RATM over wizard of oz

#36374 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I feel like you gotta love the theme AND layout to buy a game. If either falls short, why spend so much money? This is especially true if you live in an area with decent locations.

Agree totally.

#36375 1 year ago

I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure it’s pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

#36376 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

anybody else here thinking the PRO is the way to go?
it looks super flow-y, much more than the premium

Probably even the Premium is fast, I think if you don't flip on the upper playfield, it isn't noticeable slower as the Pro like some other premiums before, it's a shame the death save post isn't on the pro, otherwise definitely the pro. Now doubting to buy a premium, but with the prices these days it ain't much fun...
over 9k euro for a pro, and over 12k euro for a premium...
The LE looks sick, but at 17k, no thanks

#36377 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Probably even the Premium is fast, I think if you don't flip on the upper playfield, it isn't noticeable slower as the Pro like some other premiums before, it's a shame the death save post isn't on the pro, otherwise definitely the pro. Now doubting to buy a premium, but with the prices these days it ain't much fun...

The upper playfield looks super fast and is positioned in the game so you can see the ball for the most part on the rest of the game. I think the Area 51 upper playfield is a very well thought out and executed on Foo.

#36378 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Premium prices definitely making me choke a bit. Im going to watch pro game play and see if I'd be happy with that. For Bond the pro was definitely OK, here I'm not sure yet.

#36379 1 year ago

Stern has done it again with a combination of assets to create a great looking machine. Jack has come up with a unique playfield that is jam packed. The bright vivid colors make this game stand out and the art represents the theme well. Foo Fighters sell out stadiums and have a good following and should bring new blood into this growing hobby. Overall it looks like it will be a good machine for Stern. As much as I want to like every game Stern puts out the theme or layout usually have me taking a pass and sitting on the sidelines. This is a pass for me mainly for theme disconnect. Music pins are extremely subjective and usually bring out the most polar posting in regards to opinions. You either like the band-or you don't. Some people can buy without caring about music but I am not one of those. For those that like FOO-this looks like an interesting machine.

It looks like Jack incorporated aspects of Elwin ramps, Woz munchkin playfield, and a Scooby Doo type figure for main bash toy. Lots of elements from other games all thrown in to a jam packed machine. One of my concerns is how well the flow will be with tight shots and will the upper be a novelty? Uppers are hit or miss in terms of fun factor(right now I would lean towards Pro-just for extra ramp). I do like the risk reward side targets above outlanes but I am scratching my head at the death save pop up post? Yes it is something different but do you really think the average player is going to have a clue what it does and how to properly execute? You have to lift up flipper and anticipate timing-good luck for average joe. In my opinion it would have been better without the gimmick and just go back to the old school kickback(physical-not shooter lane bs).

The colors are a little overboard on this one and I can taste the rainbow. I asked the wife what she thought-her reply-'Looks a little too busy and sometimes less is more(it was almost like she reads pinside-deja vu). Overall it looks decent but I am not interested due to theme. If I were to buy I would probably go Pro because I really like the extra ramp(flow) and not a fan of the expression lighting. I have them on Led Zeppelin and they are OK but the rainbow show has worn off for me. I personally wish they would be an aftermarket addition for those that choose to put them on. I also do not care for the rainbow show lights JJP is putting out and I find them to be more of a distraction while playing. I do not see how people care for rainbow lights shining upwards in your face while trying to see the playfield to play pinball(again make them an aftermarket option). I want to congratulate Jack on what looks like a great machine for Stern-Kudos

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#36380 1 year ago

I am done-done-and onto the next one

NEXT (resized).jpgNEXT (resized).jpg
#36381 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure it’s pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

I think the reason that Stern is putting more in the games currently is that they are charging considerably more than they were when Maiden came out so the bill of materials is higher. That's why games like Godzilla have more in them than games like Maiden, JP or Star Wars. Premium prices are like $2200 higher and Pros are like $1400 higher. When Stern runs older games like Maiden they are charging the new much higher price without giving you anything extra besides Insider Connect. It's nice that Stern is packing their games with more features now, but we are definitely paying for it.

#36382 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the reason that Stern is putting more in the games currently is that they are charging considerably more than they were when Maiden came out so the bill of materials is higher. That's why games like Godzilla have more in them than games like Maiden, JP or Star Wars. Premium prices are like $2200 higher and Pros are like $1400 higher. When Stern runs older games like Maiden they are charging the new much higher price without giving you anything extra besides Insider Connect. It's nice that Stern is packing their games with more features now, but we are definitely paying for it.

No. They are still riding on inflated prices that were justified initially by Covid (and the issues around supply chain and workforce not willing to work).

These 2 issues now solved around the globe, mostly, Stern continues to ride this fake inflated price of over 20% because they figured they can.

It really does not matter if it lasts or not. They have a formula that know works at $6k usd so lots of time to backtrack if tbey need to but they won’t unless a much more serious financial crisis arises.
Time will tell. This is a luxury item now or a business one (designed to make money).

Not happy with how Stern continues to gauge. I can only buy a new game if I sell one.

#36383 1 year ago

Stern pro’s have more stuff in them these days. If one can get 95% of the experience, spend less and bring that pin home, it is a homerun. Sometimes offering extra flippers, additional playfield, additional mode, splashy technology or impressive trim might make upgrading to premium model a good idea. But offering extras doesn’t result in an automatic upgrade. It also must be worth it and that is a personal choice. Play both models and trust your gut to make the choice. There were twenty two Stern releases in the past 11 years and I placed half under premium model, leaving half listed under pro model.

Pro’s
Aerosmith
Guardians of the Galaxy
Beatles
Stranger Things
TMNT
Star Wars
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
Mandalorean
James Bond
Foo Fighters

Premium’s
AC/DC
Ghostbusters
Metallica
Batman 66
Star Trek
BKSOR
Munsters
Elvira’s House of Horrors
Avenger’s Infinity Quest
Jurassic Park
Godzilla
Rush

#36384 1 year ago

I'm dense. I read the post 3 times and came up just as confused each time.
What's your criteria for placing a title in that pro column vs. Premium?
Thx

#36385 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out 30 January!
Stern delivered Bond on schedule (to the day) if you account for their publically announced skip with Bond coming out 261 days after Rush. If you add in a predicted launch for their skipped game of 14 May, the Math works out perfectly at 130 days. Note that this is for their next Cornerstone pin. There is a high likelihood the Bond 60th will launch prior to this time and a good chance a home pin will be out for Christmas. This only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins
Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Skipped release (Doesn’t count… publically announced Skip from Stern).
Bond: 9/22/2022 ( 261 days… after Rush… counting as 130 (261/2) due to skip.
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 130 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 30 January 2023.
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.[quoted image]

Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out around 11 July 2023!

Stern delivered Foo Fighters almost 4 weeks behind the predicted time (28 February vs 30 January).This only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins. I have no idea what the next cornerstone pin will be, but most likely guess is Venom as of today (3/1/2023)
Math below.

Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Skipped release (Doesn’t count… publically announced Skip from Stern).
Bond: 9/22/2022 ( 261 days… after Rush… counting as 130 (261/2) due to skip.
Foo Fighters: 2/28/2022 (160 days… after Bond).
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 132 days.

Next Stern Pin is due on or about 11 July 2023.

*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

abb (resized).jpgabb (resized).jpg
#36386 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out around 11 July 2023!
Stern delivered Foo Fighters almost 4 weeks behind the predicted time (28 February vs 30 January).This only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins. I have no idea what the next cornerstone pin will be, but most likely guess is Venom as of today (3/1/2023)

Thanks for keeping track of this but your estimates are not going to hold up since Stern already said only 2 cornerstones again in 2023. However, I'm pretty confident that we are going to see "something else" in addition to the 2 cornerstones this year.

What is your estimate for the next boutique game?

#36387 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm pretty confident that we are going to see "something else" in addition to the 2 cornerstones this year. What is your estimate for the next boutique game?

4588BA25-B612-4A48-B20C-C84492C90006 (resized).jpeg4588BA25-B612-4A48-B20C-C84492C90006 (resized).jpeg
#36388 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern pro’s have more stuff in them these days. If one can get 95% of the experience, spend less and bring that pin home, it is a homerun. Sometimes offering extra flippers, additional playfield, additional mode, splashy technology or impressive trim might make upgrading to premium model a good idea. But offering extras doesn’t result in an automatic upgrade. It also must be worth it and that is a personal choice. Play both models and trust your gut to make the choice. There were twenty two Stern releases in the past 11 years and I placed half under premium model, leaving half listed under pro model.
Pro’s
Aerosmith
Guardians of the Galaxy
Beatles
Stranger Things
TMNT
Star Wars
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
Mandalorean
James Bond
Foo Fighters
Premium’s
AC/DC
Ghostbusters
Metallica
Batman 66
Star Trek
BKSOR
Munsters
Elvira’s House of Horrors
Avenger’s Infinity Quest
Jurassic Park
Godzilla
Rush

I do agree with you that Deadpool the pro is all you need. I do like the art package on FF pro better. I just need to play them but I do think the pro will be all you need. Unless you really want that upper play field. Im sure someone will make that "bash toy alien" here

#36389 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I do agree with you that Deadpool the pro is all you need. I do like the art package on FF pro better. I just need to play them but I do think the pro will be all you need. Unless you really want that upper play field. Im sure someone will make that "bash toy alien" here

$2700 price difference leaves plenty to buy a couple of molded toys for sure.

#36390 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

$2700 price difference leaves plenty to buy a couple of molded toys for sure.

Extra flipper, upper pf (meh), magnet under toy, purple toy purple van and last, save post... (too bad the post was not in the pro).
I am trying really hard to justify the Premium, I like how it looks...
Translate on pro is nicer, head decals on the premium are cool!

when is the first stream? that would be the deciding factor for me

#36391 1 year ago

LE stream tonight 6pm CST. Pro stream tomorrow 6pm CST.
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#36392 1 year ago

Extra flipper, upper pf (meh), magnet under toy, purple toy purple van and last, save post... (too bad the post was not in the pro).
I am trying really hard to justify the Premium, I like how it looks...
Translate on pro is nicer, head decals on the premium are cool!

My thought on the FF Pro vs Prem isn't about the toys as much is it's about how it plays. Obviously I don't know yet about the flow but by the looks of it, the Pro looks like it'll play hella-fast with no upper playfield and alien boss-duder-guy-thingy. The Prem from the looks of it will maybe give you more ball life. We'll see, but I'm not the biggest fan of fast pins and that would be my reason for going Prem

...for me at least, it's all about the flow

#36393 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Plastic ramps aren't inherently bad. They are way faster than metal ramps and habitrails.

Metal ramps don't crack or block playfield view as much(Mando). They also don't show as much dirt or ball trails. Metal may show signs of scratches or scrapes but in most cases give me Metal or wire form over plastic all day.

#36394 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

We'll see, but I'm not the biggest fan of fast pins and that would be my reason for going Prem
...for me at least, it's all about the flow

Isn't fast and flow the same? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just I'm just curious as what other people think. I feel they kind of mean the same thing to me. Like they "go together" as far as pins go. Premium on this looks awesome.

#36395 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Isn't fast and flow the same? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just I'm just curious as what other people think. I feel they kind of mean the same thing to me. Like they "go together" as far as pins go. Premium on this looks awesome.

not exactly but I do prefer fast and flow. An example of slow and flow is pretty much ANY Lawlor game. haha gonna get the forks and torches for that comment.

#36396 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I feel like Flow is separate than speed... I feel like there can be both a slow flow or a fast flow pin.

I'm just saying flow is important in general. I find Godzilla slow but flows well. There's obviously other pins out there that the flow of the layout sucks and feels clunky or those that lack any flow and it's just a chasm for the ball.

Pinball is subjective at the end of the day...

#36397 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

Pinball is subjective at the end of the day...

Of course! I was just wondering. Star Wars has both the flow and fast speed I've been loving lately. I hear RUSH Pro is like that also. I have only played the premium.

#36398 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Of course! I was just wondering. Star Wars has both the flow and fast speed I've been loving lately. I hear RUSH Pro is like that also. I have only played the premium.

I keep trying to get into Rush I play it on location. I just cant seem to get into a groove. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy. Then I realized they are both Borg games. I think I just have issues with his games lol. They are fun to play on location but will never be in my collection.

#36399 1 year ago

Can yo

194A80A2-7B14-40CE-8A82-4693F6EF9D91 (resized).jpeg194A80A2-7B14-40CE-8A82-4693F6EF9D91 (resized).jpeg
#36400 1 year ago

Just purchased a PRO. I wanted a Prem. but didn't like the upper playfield. I will miss the ball bump under the flipper. Looks pretty cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 728 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/728 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.