IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 727 of 940.
#36301 1 year ago

what a banger man... this pin looks super flow and fun.

#36302 1 year ago

Like even of the music isn't your jam, the ingenuity and magnitude of shots and creativity is beyond mind boggling!! Gold standard of pinball right here

#36303 1 year ago

WOW!!!!!!!

#36304 1 year ago
70F13FA7-063E-4735-9B95-5B4193CEE1FF (resized).jpeg70F13FA7-063E-4735-9B95-5B4193CEE1FF (resized).jpeg783E6DC7-F207-4EE0-8F3A-2858C22EC17C (resized).jpeg783E6DC7-F207-4EE0-8F3A-2858C22EC17C (resized).jpeg8288AAAB-2803-4F76-BF8D-90FA37222B94 (resized).jpeg8288AAAB-2803-4F76-BF8D-90FA37222B94 (resized).jpeg
#36305 1 year ago

It definitely has some innovative shots, but I just can't get over the theme. Not that I really dislike FF, but seeing it a whole pin covered with that art and faces is somehow cringe worthy to me. I really can't stand grunge, but the FF are mostly rock and roll so I have enjoyed some of their work. Even still there are only 3 or 4 of the songs in the game that I am willing to listen to from beginning to end even once. Cool looking playfield and congrats to people who are excited about it.

One thing for sure is the I am going to be really, really, really, really f@ckin pissed off if this game releases with expression lights before I am able to buy them for my Rush Premium. It has been a year now and waiting...

#36306 1 year ago

press release:

Foo Fighters and Stern Pinball Announce New Rock and Roll Pinball Machines!

CHICAGO, IL – February 28, 2023 – Stern Pinball, Inc. unleashes a new line of pinball machines celebrating and created in cooperation with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of 2021 inductees Foo Fighters. The Foo Fighters pinball machines are available in Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition (LE) models.

Foo Fighters first stepped onto the world stage in 1995 with their classic self-titled debut album. Over the course of their career, the band has released 10 studio albums, amassed over 32 million records sold worldwide, won 15 Grammy Awards, were recipients of the first-ever MTV “Global Icon” award, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2021. One of the biggest headliners on the global stadium, arena and festival circuits, their music will soon begin filling gamerooms and entertainment locations in pinball form.

Stern’s Foo Fighters machines bring the Foo Fighters concert experience home as players are immersed in an epic pinball adventure featuring 15 iconic songs spanning the band’s expansive catalog, including All My Life, Best of You, Breakout, Everlong, Holding Poison, I’ll Stick Around, Learn to Fly, Monkey Wrench, My Hero, Run, Something from Nothing, The Pretender, This is a Call, Times Like These, and Walk.

More than two years in the making and with creative input from the band’s own Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Chris Shiflett, Rami Jaffee, and the late, great Taylor Hawkins, Stern’s Foo Fighters is a top-shelf pinball machine—and so much more. An entire new universe has been developed with jaw-dropping hand-drawn artwork and custom animations including “Foo Fighters Saturday Morning Action Time!”—a fictional TV series chronicling the band’s quest to save rock and roll… AND THE WORLD! Join Foo Fighters on this rescue mission to thwart the evil, mysterious alien Overlord and his army of bots. Search the Area 51 upper playfield to break into and unleash pinball chaos. Jump in the van for a righteous tour of duty to save humanity from extinction and let rock rule!

Foo Fighters pinball machines include Stern’s award-winning Insider Connected™ system, which enables players to interact with the game and a global network of players in a variety of ways. Through Insider Connected, players can track progress, earn new game-specific achievements, engage with the player community, and participate in promotions and Challenge Quests. Insider Connected also provides an operator-focused toolset to drive location play through Location Leaderboards, build player loyalty, analyze performance, make adjustments remotely, and maintain the machines. Registration for Insider Connected is available at insider.sternpinball.com/.

Limited to 1,000 machines globally, the highly collectible Limited Edition includes the Expression Lighting System™. With 96 intelligent RGB LEDs, the Expression Lighting System enables full color spectrum control. Positioned in pockets cut into the cabinet sides to provide color themed full playfield illumination, this integrated playfield lighting system is synchronized to custom light shows specifically designed for every song and dynamically responsive to game events. The LE version also includes an exclusive Rock-Battle inspired full-color mirrored backglass, exclusive full color high definition reflective foil decal cabinet artwork, custom high gloss Overlord green powder-coated pinball armor, a custom designer-autographed bottom arch, exclusive inside art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball playfield glass, shaker motor, a sequentially numbered plaque, and a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Stern Chairman Gary Stern and President & CEO Seth Davis.

“Partnering with Foo Fighters, we created an entirely new pinball universe under the backdrop of incredible music. The energy from this unique, fast and flowing game design, choreographed with spectacular lightshows and stunning hand-drawn artwork has created the ultimate gaming experience,” said Seth Davis, President & CEO. “Get connected today and become a hero.”

The new Foo Fighters pinball machines will be on display and available to play at a special debut launch event at The House of Internet party during SXSW March 10th-12th at The Pershing in Austin, Texas.

Pricing and Availability:
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”)*:
*MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.
Pro Edition: $US 6,999
Premium Edition: $US 9,699
Limited Edition: $US 12,999

#36307 1 year ago

Looks incredible. Several innovative features. The out-lane ball save is clever, for sure. Initial impression is outstanding. WOZ called, and want's it's Munchkin Playfield back...

#36308 1 year ago

anybody else here thinking the PRO is the way to go?
it looks super flow-y, much more than the premium

#36309 1 year ago

Not seeing the benefit of adding $2500+ for the premium on this one…. But definitely intrigued by the pro

#36310 1 year ago

I wasn't wild about the idea of another band pin...but this is soooo much more than that...Kudos to JD on what looks like a super fun design and theme integration! Looking forward to playing one and I've been won over that this was an excellent idea.

#36311 1 year ago

I had zero interest in this theme...I like FF, but thought nah...Damn Jack...Bravo man!!!! Pin looks fun as hell!!!

#36312 1 year ago

I would definitely go LE if I could justify price.

Best LE for ages.

#36313 1 year ago

Actual footage from Stern HQ

B63CB12E-C106-4ADD-8814-E89D38C1B5D2.gifB63CB12E-C106-4ADD-8814-E89D38C1B5D2.gif

Looks like a hell of a pin for your first cornerstone! Excited to flip one.

#36314 1 year ago

That layout looks killer. The art is sick. Did you see that there are even targets in the outlanes (correction - inlanes) to shatz? That lower van shot turn around ramp is going to be lightning quick. DeadFlip came out swinging on his first cornerstone.

Why did I just buy a new machine

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#36315 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That layout looks killer. The art is sick. Did you see that there are even targets in the outlanes to shatz? That lower van shot turn around ramp is going to be lightning quick. DeadFlip came out swinging on his first cornerstone.
Why did I just buy a new machine
[quoted image]

The SHATZ targets are genius, and I really like the captive ball loop mech.

#36316 1 year ago

Great looking machine, layout looks fantastic. I think Jack Nailed it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36317 1 year ago

Wow. Well done Jack! Looks really f'n cool!

#36318 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Did you see that there are even targets in the outlanes to shatz?

Inlanes, but yeah… that is interesting. IMDN had one high standup on the left inlane for it… but having 2 shallow ones is interesting.

#36319 1 year ago

Game looks solid. Very unique. I'm always take a wait and see approach on new releases but I am pleasantly surprised and super happy for Jack Danger. Love his passion for the hobby. Unfortunately, I wear my hat backwards so I am not allowed to buy it or have nice things for that matter. Dang.

#36320 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Looks pretty cool! I'm happy for the FF fans that are getting this. I think a lot of others will be in even if they are neutral on the band. As usual, I wish I had more room and money.

I am still firmly in the Foo Fighters are a bland band camp, but given the direction of the pin, loving it! Also that death save post is amazing as someone mentioned!!!

#36321 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pro looks great. Prem and LE have the same art and backglass, just different colors? Kinda odd IMO. Pin is probably a home run!

#36322 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

One thing for sure is the I am going to be really, really, really, really f@ckin pissed off if this game releases with expression lights before I am able to buy them for my Rush Premium. It has been a year now and waiting...

Looks like LE only

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

anybody else here thinking the PRO is the way to go?
it looks super flow-y, much more than the premium

Upper playfield could slow the game down for sure

#36323 1 year ago

Does anybody else think that the ZY art package is just getting to be too much? I mean the playfield is so packed with color and stuff it needs room to breathe. Sometimes less is more.

#36324 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Upper playfield could slow the game down for sure

It looks like the way the diverter for the loop works, it can move and then you hit a stand up and drain off the upper pf. So you can't just spam loops all day.

#36325 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Does anybody else think that the ZY art package is just getting to be too much? I mean the playfield is so packed with color and stuff it needs room to breathe. Sometimes less is more.

I'll go along with ya on that one. I mean, it's not ugly, its actually a great looking pin, and hes super talented obviously, but yeah. He's definitely a fan of the bright popping reds, oranges and yellows. I too have thought it's a bit much sometimes.

#36326 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks like LE only

Not the point. It's still 1000 sets of Expression lights when I have been waiting a full year for a set for my Rush. Hopefully this is a signal that the Rush lights will be available soon but I'm not holding my breath.

#36328 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not the point. It's still 1000 sets of Expression lights when I have been waiting a full year for a set for my Rush. Hopefully this is a signal that the Rush lights will be available soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Just buy Pinstadiums. The expression lights on LZ don't really add much to the game so my point is if you're going to spend that kind of money on lights spend it on some that will actually add something to the game.

#36329 1 year ago

the expression lights on Stern are lame. Add nothing to the game.

I think this one is a pro! I am not a fan of upper playfields and that upper PF gave me Halloween vibes or TSPP and ... I am not a fan.

I do wish the pro had that post at the out lane though.

#36330 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:crujones4life lol.
[quoted image]

funniest post i will see all week

#36331 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Just buy Pinstadiums. The expression lights on LZ don't really add much to the game so my point is if you're going to spend that kind of money on lights spend it on some that will actually add something to the game.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the expression lights on Stern are lame. Add nothing to the game.

There is no way for me to give each of these posts the thousand thumbs down they deserve, so I will just say that I couldn't disagree more. To each his own, but Expression lighting is AWESOME.

#36332 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

There is no way for me to give each of these posts the thousand thumbs down they deserve, so I will just say that I couldn't disagree more. To each his own, but Expression lighting is AWESOME.

no it is not. IF you think it is awesome power to you. JJP is who nailed this with their light bars, Stern's attempt is half a$$ at best.
If you played a recent JJP game with their light bars you will understand (I have own, and sold TS4 recently) and I dislike JJP games in general just to be clear, this is not a JJP is better post, this is a JJP light bars are better post and Sterns are mediocre.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36333 1 year ago
4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png87fd573a9d11d5498b97de2b39208d899a625cc0 (resized).jpg87fd573a9d11d5498b97de2b39208d899a625cc0 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
#36334 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'll go along with ya on that one. I mean, it's not ugly, its actually a great looking pin, and hes super talented obviously, but yeah. He's definitely a fan of the bright popping reds, oranges and yellows. I too have thought it's a bit much sometimes.

Thank you. He’s awesome but just in my eyes needs more black (:

#36335 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I agree. I want my Rush ELs also.

#36336 1 year ago

Love stern’s expression lighting. It’s a must on stern Rock pins! GNR’s lighting is bad ass as well.

#36337 1 year ago

I had a strong feeling that Jack Danger would bring his A game on this title and deliver a sleeper hit! Stern has a deadly 1-2 punch with KME and JD designing games. The game looks incredible and has lots of innovations and design elements that we haven't really seen from Stern. I inlanes and sling shape on this game remind me of something we'd see in the classic Bally days, and I love the way he integrated Shatz targets into the design. The kicker target is also really cool and there are many different paths for the ball to flow on this game which makes for a fun shooting layout. I can't wait to play one and if I like it I may seriously consider picking up a Pro! After a dismal 2022 it appears that Stern is back with a vengeance!

#36338 1 year ago
sternz.jpgsternz.jpg
#36339 1 year ago

Stern gives a master class in cock blocking with a game that looks like an incredible shooter ,and delivers a rock theme with the art feel of scooby doo AND retro sci fi. Way to spike the ball.

#36340 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

IMDN had one high standup on the left inlane for it… but having 2 shallow ones is interesting.

1979 Atari Roadrunner

Screenshot_20230228_140631_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_140631_Chrome (resized).jpg
#36341 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

1979 Atari Roadrunner [quoted image]

Literally had no idea this pin existed. Cool!

#36342 1 year ago

I think of Gottlieb Monte Carlo but Road Runner is more like Foo

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#36343 1 year ago

Game play and art looks good but I cannot imagine keep listening to music and see playfield art during play when I do not like FF! I wish they had this type of art and playfield for Rush! Then I would have bought Rush for sure!

#36344 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed Stern has stopped referring to themselves as a global lifestyle brand in their press releases?

Way to go pinside. You shamed them out of that label

#36345 1 year ago

Stern all- access website LE's are gone. Not sure the amount.

21308BDC-D5EC-4C7A-81C5-3E4B33FDD07E (resized).jpeg21308BDC-D5EC-4C7A-81C5-3E4B33FDD07E (resized).jpeg
#36346 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Literally had no idea this pin existed. Cool!

I just looked up Atari Road Runner. Too bad they only made 2 prototypes before it was canceled.

#36347 1 year ago

Regardless of whether you like the title our not can we just celebrate the fact that they went back to using wireforms instead of plastic ramps?

#36348 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Regardless of whether you like the title our not can we just celebrate the fact that they went back to using wireforms instead of plastic ramps?

Plastic ramps aren't inherently bad. They are way faster than metal ramps and habitrails.

#36349 1 year ago

I appreciate JD's designs with his use of the newton ball / captive ball. I like where it is tucked in next to a ramp (he did something similar with JDJP). A slightly off shot scores the captive ball, but sometimes caroms and still scores the ramp shot. The captive ball eats some of the energy of a dead on shot and removes some of the clunk element a stand up target would impart with a rocket shot back at the flippers. It feels like good thoughtful design and makes what could be dead space on the playfield into something fun and interactive.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 727 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/727 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.