IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 724 of 940.
#36151 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

First off I am 52, just about the same age as Dave Grohl. Nirvana’s Nevermind was the soundtrack to my junior year of college. FF’s debut album and The Colour and The Shape were permanently in my 20 CD changer in my car for a few years. I consider FF one of my favorite bands. Over the years they have put consistent albums, each with 1-2 great songs and the rest pretty good. I do not consider them anywhere near the greatest band in the world, but their combo of rock anthems, great live shows and sense of humor click for me. I was lucky enough to see them play Lollapalooza in 2021, one of their last shows with Taylor Hawkins and it was awesome. So, yeah, I’m a fan.
Here is why I think this is going to be a successful pin:
Dave Grohl is arguably the biggest rock star in the world right now and the Foo Fighters are a very relevant band. For those people here who say they’ve never heard of the FF, I’m not sure what to say other than “sorry sir, I apologize for being on your lawn”. Grol was in Nirvana. Tom Petty fired him as drummer for the Heartbreakers when he heard his demo’s and told him to start FF. Letterman asked them to play his final show. It’s a band in the RRHOF. Grohl has a text thread open with Paul McCartney, Brian May and John Paul Jones, who he has played with many times all showed up at TH’s tribute concert. This is not common for a pin - most themes are generally old, bands that broke up years ago, movies that are 20+ years old. FF still play the biggest festivals in the world, all over the world. They are headlining 11 music festivals, including Bonnaroo, this summer. It’s okay to not like the FF, but to say they are irrelevant and no one likes them is just not true. I think there are going to be a ton of Pro’s in bars around the country and world.
Grohl and FF do not take themselves too seriously. From day one, after what looked like not a whole lot of fun in Nirvana, the FF and Grohl have been fun, silly and stupid. The have a library of the funniest/dumbest videos of all time. Studio 666 - a terrible slasher movie starring the band. The Dee Gees. Jamming with Fraggle Rock. Drum battles with a 14 year old girl. Trolling churches by playing on a flatbed truck. The Hanukkah Sessions. Arguably the best episode ever of Hot Ones, where Grohl owned Sean Evans. This always boded well for a pin and I think the trailer confirms it. A FF pin where the goal is to get play venues to ultimately get to Bonarroo wizard mode muiltiball. No thanks. Cartoons + Scooby Doo + Ghostbusters + Area 41 + FF music. Much more interesting.
FF control their catalog and assets. Through Rosewell, they will be able to give Stern probably anything they want. Compare that to what seems to be going on with Bond. The only issue I could think of is what impact the estate of Taylor Hawkin might have on his likeness in the game. However, he striked me as the kind of guy who would have no problem with a cartoon version of himself screaming callouts for eternity. He’s right there in the front seat of the van, which bodes well.
Dave Grohl is a shill and the Foo Fighters are a marketing machine. If you don’t like FF or Grohl its probably because they are everywhere and Grohl probably annoys you. They take advantage of playing festivals, going on the late night shows, playing the grammy’s. I think this pin will be one of the first that will be actively marketed by not only Stern and distributors but the band. While I think the Stern creative team has been doing nice work lately, I would bet the assets in this game are next level because FF/Grohl and their creative agency will be involved. I can see them having the assets/machine playing on the big screen behind them on tour this summer. They can leverage the investment in the creative assets that way. The last thing they need is whatever minimal royalties they get from a pinball machine - they can make $1m for playing an hour concert at some billionaire son’s bar mitzvah. Grohl does not seem to do anything half assed and I’m sure he’s pretty involved in the development of the game/assets and will do his part to make it successful. It not out of the realm of possibility that he/they put together some new music for the pin. I would bet that when Jack Danger does the livestream reveal of the machine, Grohl will be there downing Coke and Crown shots between every ball.
This could be the machine where new management’s DLC strategy kicks in. I have no inside info here and this is all conjecture. Insider connected and the OTA updates are cool, but you know Stern is angling for more. Building off the last point, FF are active and a marketing machine. Put a FF Pro in a few thousand bars and its a literal billboard for the band. During attract mode: list of upcoming concerts, FF appearing on Colbert Tuesday night, auto-download the newest single/video and play it for the patrons. While one strategy is DLC that owners pay for, the other is pure advertising. Most people here will hate one or both of those use cases that but its coming.
Zombie Yeti has a long relationship with the FF. He’s done many concert posters for them and the alien at the beginning of the teaser is straight from this art work. This is his wheelhouse and would think the art is going to be pretty cool.
Finally, who isn’t rooting for DeadFlip ? He’s worked his way up and now gets his first cornerstone with Stern and it’s for the Foo Fighters! We’ve all watched him stream from his apartment and Logan Arcade. Now he’s got Dave Grohl on speed dial. I hope he kills it. F’n A, Jack. Shots of Malort all around.
I’m excited about this.

Damn. Now I think have been missing out... Im about your age and only know one song by them that I can name, and I think it's called learning to fly, but I could be wrong. That was a pretty good song.
I really enjoyed your post and it was extremely enlightening and educational for people such as myself to know all this info and actually has motivated me to go listen to them at some point to see what I've been missing.
Thanks

Edit: just looked on Spotify and it was learn to fly, also am familiar with Everlong, but that song doesn't have good memories tied to it. Stressful.
I just started my hero, another grinding, no thank you.
Now I'm having doubts, I think you had to be there, or else the boat has sailed on FF for me... But I still liked your post all the same

#36152 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Dave Grohl is arguably the biggest rock star in the world right now

Dave is a great guy and phenomenal musician but he’s far from the biggest rock star on the planet. Long list of guys and gals in front of him.

#36153 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

While we are on the topic, what is the marginal cost of producing one machine? If sterns profit margin is less 65% id be shocked.

Cost of materials is way less than the R and D and licensing. 65% margin is a stretch

#36154 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

It would appear someone felt this was worth a downvote? LOL. After all, what could be more obnoxious than a location that puts these games on location for the pinball community to enjoy?

Random downvote? I thought, "maybe dingleberry's back."

Nope.

#36155 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Damn. Now I think have been missing out... Im about your age and only know one song by them that I can name, and I think it's called learning to fly, but I could be wrong. That was a pretty good song.
I really enjoyed your post and it was extremely enlightening and educational for people such as myself to know all this info and actually has motivated me to go listen to them at some point to see what I've been missing.
Thanks
Edit: just looked on Spotify and it was learn to fly, also am familiar with Everlong, but that song doesn't have good memories tied to it. Stressful.
I just started my hero, another grinding, no thank you.
Now I'm having doubts, I think you had to be there, or else the boat has sailed on FF for me... But I still liked your post all the same

Hey Vespula, not trying to convert you, music is subjective, but check this out:

some material is NSFW

#36156 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

First off I am 52, just about the same age as Dave Grohl. Nirvana’s Nevermind was the soundtrack to my junior year of college. FF’s debut album and The Colour and The Shape were permanently in my 20 CD changer in my car for a few years. I consider FF one of my favorite bands. Over the years they have put consistent albums, each with 1-2 great songs and the rest pretty good. I do not consider them anywhere near the greatest band in the world, but their combo of rock anthems, great live shows and sense of humor click for me. I was lucky enough to see them play Lollapalooza in 2021, one of their last shows with Taylor Hawkins and it was awesome. So, yeah, I’m a fan.
Here is why I think this is going to be a successful pin:
Dave Grohl is arguably the biggest rock star in the world right now and the Foo Fighters are a very relevant band. For those people here who say they’ve never heard of the FF, I’m not sure what to say other than “sorry sir, I apologize for being on your lawn”. Grol was in Nirvana. Tom Petty fired him as drummer for the Heartbreakers when he heard his demo’s and told him to start FF. Letterman asked them to play his final show. It’s a band in the RRHOF. Grohl has a text thread open with Paul McCartney, Brian May and John Paul Jones, who he has played with many times all showed up at TH’s tribute concert. This is not common for a pin - most themes are generally old, bands that broke up years ago, movies that are 20+ years old. FF still play the biggest festivals in the world, all over the world. They are headlining 11 music festivals, including Bonnaroo, this summer. It’s okay to not like the FF, but to say they are irrelevant and no one likes them is just not true. I think there are going to be a ton of Pro’s in bars around the country and world.
Grohl and FF do not take themselves too seriously. From day one, after what looked like not a whole lot of fun in Nirvana, the FF and Grohl have been fun, silly and stupid. The have a library of the funniest/dumbest videos of all time. Studio 666 - a terrible slasher movie starring the band. The Dee Gees. Jamming with Fraggle Rock. Drum battles with a 14 year old girl. Trolling churches by playing on a flatbed truck. The Hanukkah Sessions. Arguably the best episode ever of Hot Ones, where Grohl owned Sean Evans. This always boded well for a pin and I think the trailer confirms it. A FF pin where the goal is to get play venues to ultimately get to Bonarroo wizard mode muiltiball. No thanks. Cartoons + Scooby Doo + Ghostbusters + Area 41 + FF music. Much more interesting.
FF control their catalog and assets. Through Rosewell, they will be able to give Stern probably anything they want. Compare that to what seems to be going on with Bond. The only issue I could think of is what impact the estate of Taylor Hawkin might have on his likeness in the game. However, he striked me as the kind of guy who would have no problem with a cartoon version of himself screaming callouts for eternity. He’s right there in the front seat of the van, which bodes well.
Dave Grohl is a shill and the Foo Fighters are a marketing machine. If you don’t like FF or Grohl its probably because they are everywhere and Grohl probably annoys you. They take advantage of playing festivals, going on the late night shows, playing the grammy’s. I think this pin will be one of the first that will be actively marketed by not only Stern and distributors but the band. While I think the Stern creative team has been doing nice work lately, I would bet the assets in this game are next level because FF/Grohl and their creative agency will be involved. I can see them having the assets/machine playing on the big screen behind them on tour this summer. They can leverage the investment in the creative assets that way. The last thing they need is whatever minimal royalties they get from a pinball machine - they can make $1m for playing an hour concert at some billionaire son’s bar mitzvah. Grohl does not seem to do anything half assed and I’m sure he’s pretty involved in the development of the game/assets and will do his part to make it successful. It not out of the realm of possibility that he/they put together some new music for the pin. I would bet that when Jack Danger does the livestream reveal of the machine, Grohl will be there downing Coke and Crown shots between every ball.
This could be the machine where new management’s DLC strategy kicks in. I have no inside info here and this is all conjecture. Insider connected and the OTA updates are cool, but you know Stern is angling for more. Building off the last point, FF are active and a marketing machine. Put a FF Pro in a few thousand bars and its a literal billboard for the band. During attract mode: list of upcoming concerts, FF appearing on Colbert Tuesday night, auto-download the newest single/video and play it for the patrons. While one strategy is DLC that owners pay for, the other is pure advertising. Most people here will hate one or both of those use cases that but its coming.
Zombie Yeti has a long relationship with the FF. He’s done many concert posters for them and the alien at the beginning of the teaser is straight from this art work. This is his wheelhouse and would think the art is going to be pretty cool.
Finally, who isn’t rooting for DeadFlip ? He’s worked his way up and now gets his first cornerstone with Stern and it’s for the Foo Fighters! We’ve all watched him stream from his apartment and Logan Arcade. Now he’s got Dave Grohl on speed dial. I hope he kills it. F’n A, Jack. Shots of Malort all around.
I’m excited about this.

Wow, thanks for the greatest analysis / write up / background intro to a pin, ever. Even without the specifics, you paint what’s probably going on. Not only that it hypes me for the foo. I might just need this pin.

#36157 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wow, thanks for the greatest analysis / write up / background intro to a pin, ever. Even without the specifics, you paint what’s probably going on. Not only that it hypes me for the foo. I might just need this pin.

Thanks. It’s just really cool to be part of such a welcoming, open-minded community that allows for constructive dialog and conjecture when discussing the possibilities of a $10k toy designed for rich guys.

#36158 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Thanks. It’s just really cool to be part of such a welcoming, open-minded community that allows for constructive dialog and conjecture when discussing the possibilities of a $10k toy designed for rich guys.

+1
I am curious about this one!

#36159 1 year ago

I must be getting old but those music videos posted confirm my distaste for FOO fighters. Sounds like a bunch of screaming monkeys to me.

Wish Stern would have done a cool surf rock vibe machine-Expendables, Iration, Rebelution, the list goes on and on. Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, Talking Heads-so many good choices before FF. Oh well
(listen to guitar riff at 2:30-4:00 super sick)

#36160 1 year ago

I like the foo fighters, and I have for a long time...but this won't be a pin I will be going after unless it has an absolutely KILLER layout.

At current prices, I just don't see the value, and I feel a lot of other people don't either.

I can't imagine they will sell a lot unless they drop the prices, but I don't see that happening. This year should tell us a lot about the future of pinball.

#36161 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

and I feel a lot of other people don't either.

I can't wait for weeks-months from now with Foo Fighter LE's having a yard sale. I could be wrong but 13k(plus tax+shipping) makes little sense to me for a FOO fighters LE-you have to be a super fan for that. Time will tell

#36162 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey Vespula, not trying to convert you, music is subjective, but check this out:
some material is NSFW

Thanks for this.

I'll definitely watch these later today!

#36163 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I can't wait for weeks-months from now with Foo Fighter LE's having a yard sale. I could be wrong but 13k(plus tax+shipping) makes little sense to me for a FOO fighters LE-you have to be a super fan for that. Time will tell

Agreed. Foo fighters...while having a big following for a very long time...are no where in the STRATOSPHERE of James Bond.

Time will tell.

#36164 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Time will tell

Maybe 500 LE's but 1000 for FF? If the game play is not steller-oh boy!

#36165 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

“Bombshell Harry Potter” … like bombshell Toy Story, Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz????
POTC (while not immediate) and Guns and Roses are JJP’s best efforts. If they release a Harry Potter, it’s the parents of millennials that will be buying them for their kids just like the movie tickets.
JJP needs to get off this kiddie theme stuff. They’re great at making games but their theme choices just baffle me.

It was confirmed a long time ago by IP titan Joe K. That if HP is going to be made, for which he controls the license for pinball, it will be done by Stern. Here is his TWIP statement on the matter.
2DBEE08B-2319-470F-BFCA-16863B80EAE8 (resized).jpeg2DBEE08B-2319-470F-BFCA-16863B80EAE8 (resized).jpeg Even Pintastic is billing Godfather as JJP’s next release. 755326FB-A658-4CB2-AEA9-65CE2F25ACCD (resized).jpeg755326FB-A658-4CB2-AEA9-65CE2F25ACCD (resized).jpeg

#36166 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Dave is a great guy and phenomenal musician but he’s far from the biggest rock star on the planet. Long list of guys and gals in front of him.

Agree, just wish Foo was more rock n roll and less alternative. Dave’s side project Probot much more music I prefer he would revisit.Wish the best for pin as appears its will not just be about the band any my guess like his movie Studio 666.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36167 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Agree, just wish Foo was more rock n roll and less alternative. Dave’s side project Probot much more music I prefer he would revisit.Wish the best for pin as appears its will not just be about the band any my guess like his movie Studio 666.

Nice movie. Read the plot. Why all the interest in satanic crap? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_666

#36168 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why all the interest in satanic crap?

It sounds hilarious.

"As Samantha and Jaffee have sex, they are both killed when Grohl sneaks under the bed and drives a chainsaw through their heads, before cutting them in half."

#36169 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why all the interest in satanic crap?

Because satanic symbolism is nothing but a big middle finger toward any number of power structures: church, government, ‘civilized society’, adults, etc.

Rock and roll has embraced the middle finger and the big F.U. it represented since its inception.

The interesting, but also humorous part really, is the more outrage people have about it the more powerful a statement it is.

#36170 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It was confirmed a long time ago by IP titan Joe K. That if HP is going to be made, for which he controls the license for pinball, it will be done by Stern. Here is his TWIP statement on the matter.
[quoted image] Even Pintastic is billing Godfather as JJP’s next release. [quoted image]

Welp. Either Jack has HP or he's the biggest troll in history. (screenshot taken after Foo was announced)

Pinside_forum_7424609_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7424609_0 (resized).png
#36171 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Welp. Either Jack has HP or he's the biggest troll in history. (screenshot taken after Foo was announced)
[quoted image]

Its the latter.

#36172 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I must be getting old

You are.

#36173 1 year ago

Welp. Either Jack has HP or he's the biggest troll in history.

Not really a troll more of a desperate man who’s terrified he will have two flops in a row.

#36174 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Biggest troll in history seems to be what he’s going for, lol. He’s desperately trying to get us to pause and wait to see Godfather before making a decision on FF. Can’t blame him for that, but it’s a slimy way to go about it, by just attaching a non-related HP photo to his “hold on to your money” statement to the meme.

#36175 1 year ago

I mean, Harry Potter rhymes with Godfather, that is about as close as the next release will be to HP.

#36176 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I wonder if it's just a matter of heavy production, but seems every distro has stock on Bond and few sold out. The two local distros here got NIB sitting around since last run still and another is coming along in April? Just seems odd cause typically everything is sold out quick on those initial shipments, so unless bond was massively over ordered or stern just produced more than enough for once in a lifetime.....
Just browsing retailers and distros on here and online, seems like almost everyone has Bond in stock so it's kind of odd to see that.

I think it’s the pricing not the theme that hurts it. Now a premium is now just a hair above 10k after tax.I would love to have a big
Collection but with prices like that I have to really love the game or the theme

#36177 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It was confirmed a long time ago by IP titan Joe K. That if HP is going to be made, for which he controls the license for pinball, it will be done by Stern. Here is his TWIP statement on the matter. Even Pintastic is billing Godfather as JJP’s next release.

My point wasn't to debate which pin manufacturer is doing Harry Potter but drawing into question JJPs theme choices to potentially include HP. I think JJP's games are well executed in terms of theme integration and creativity but their choice of themes I find mostly unappealing save for the two I mentioned. Godfather could be interesting and on par thematically with GnR - a welcome departure from their strange attraction to kids movies.

#36178 1 year ago

Welp. Either Jack has HP or he's the biggest troll in history.
[quoted image]

OR people are gullible suckers and assume every picture taken means a pin will be made .

IMG_20230227_193559 (resized).jpgIMG_20230227_193559 (resized).jpgIMG_20230227_193628 (resized).jpgIMG_20230227_193628 (resized).jpg
#36179 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

the LE is 20.5k here.

let me be clear here. Location is Australia.

Given currency exchange, margins, duties taxes, shipping, GST. the price sounds about right, taking all these things into consideration.
i was certainly not complaining about the price, merely stating a comparison of the cost of the machine.

#36180 1 year ago
Quoted from ledge:

the LE is 20.5k here

Ouch Charlie

Ouch.gifOuch.gif
#36181 1 year ago

Foo needs a 500 LE unit cap.

#36182 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Foo needs a 500 LE unit cap

I don't know I thought about this-Stern has added so many distributors over the last five years that these can be sucked up through distribution. Now the smaller guys may sit on some but they may eventually move if game play is decent. Wondering how this game will do in a bar scene? I may underestimate the hipster scene nowadays-could be HUGE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36183 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know I thought about this-Stern has added so many distributors over the last five years that these can be sucked up through distribution. Now the smaller guys may sit on some but they may eventually move if game play is decent. Wondering how this game will do in a bar scene? I may underestimate the hipster scene nowadays-could be HUGE!

You just did. The Foo Fighters aren’t anywhere close to a “hipster” band.

I’ll help you out. See, if you can listen to someone on a generic am/fm radio that everyone has access to, it’s not going to gain hipster cred.

Also this band is 30+ years old.

#36184 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

It will be 1000 LOL

Quoted from doublestack:

You just did. The Foo Fighters aren’t anywhere close to a “hipster” band.
I’ll help you out. See, if you can listen to someone on a generic am/fm radio that everyone has access to, it’s not going to gain hipster cred.
Also this band is 30+ years old.

Correct - They are one of the biggest rock bands in the world today

#36185 1 year ago

My same thinking on Rush and Led Zeppelin. So glad to See Rob Halford team up with Dolly Parton at the H.o.f event . The godfather of metal or metal god should get a game by freakin now.

Quoted from pinmister:I must be getting old but those music videos posted confirm my distaste for FOO fighters. Sounds like a bunch of screaming monkeys to me.
Wish Stern would have done a cool surf rock vibe machine-Expendables, Iration, Rebelution, the list goes on and on. Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, Talking Heads-so many good choices before FF. Oh well
(listen to guitar riff at 2:30-4:00 super sick)

#36186 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Why? To further push up prices and create more unhappy customers? If Stern can sell more LE's, they should make more.

#36187 1 year ago

Since we are all wishful thinking here , I want a game based SOLEY on this guy.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#36188 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Oh noes, here comes record album sales numbers and out of context useless info! Look out!

Bro do you even know how many records Zep sold? Bro, that pin is going to sell amazing and forever..... lol

#36189 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

some material is NSFW

Yeah, so I've decided that because I didn't experience this band in real time, and to me the alternative grunge trend came and went with the 90s, the conversion won't ever happen for me. I appreciate the intro, but It actually hurts my ears, truth be told. Run, was ouch. Pretender was different but better and gave me some hope, then walk, left me puzzled and realizing I just missed the FF van and really big picture perspective is that I never got the grunge thing in my blood, never hung around with grunge or punk crowds and exposure to the vault of alternative grunge sound past the turn of the millennium is not going to bring me in as a new FF fan and as such their humor is also a miss.
Learn to fly is likely the only song I can listen to all the way through and say, yeah, that's a big hit. Everything else is FFFO (Foo fighter fans only) to me.
I can appreciate the musicianship and can see how it's good pinball music for the deep FF fans of the 90s who happen to also like pinball, enough to make it a successful venture for Stern, probably similar to Rush. Dedicated, older, pinhead fan base with cash to buy. Hopefully FF turns out to play at least as well as Rush does ! I'm excited you get your #1 music theme for sure, and I know what that is like since Rush is my all time favorite !
Looking forward to playing it on location. Thanks again for the FF ride, if nothing else I learned how unaware I was about how successful of a band they actually are, which by nature is a bit of a paradox for me. If I'm unaware of their existence for decades, except two songs from the late 90s, are they really that successful? Lol. Rush had success with little to no mainstream acceptance or radio airplay so for that reason I do understand and relate to how this paradox can exist... And the fact grohl is such a big Rush fan, makes total sense... So maybe Learn to fly their Tom Sawyer. The one everyone recognizes, if they know any at all.

#36190 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Oh noes, here comes record album sales numbers and out of context useless info! Look out!
Bro do you even know how many records Zep sold? Bro, that pin is going to sell amazing and forever..... lol

I said "today", and I know all about album sales. Bla bla bla.

LOL

#36191 1 year ago

From what I hear this is more of a four characters taking a road trip in a van sort of theme with FF music in the soundtrack. In other words not a traditional rock themed pin. Actually the teaser video looked like FF does Scoobie Doo...

#36192 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It will be 1000 LOL

sure bro.

#36193 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

From what I hear this is more of a four characters taking a road trip in a van sort of theme with FF music in the soundtrack. In other words not a traditional rock themed pin. Actually the teaser video looked like FF does Scoobie Doo...

Scooby Doo meets Ghostbusters.

#36194 1 year ago

Have been a longtime casual player and now a new owner of a Bond Prem. I'm already hooked and am plotting on what my 2nd machine should be(pending wife approval of course). Honest question though with all this discussion about themes. I appreciate a good theme but how do you weight theme vs layout/playability. I know its ultimately personal opinion but it feels like such a hard decision when committing to one game to own and play vs. feeding quarters wherever my heart desired.

#36195 1 year ago

So I thought this thread was about stern trying to obtain public input for the next pinball theme. Not a bunch of marketing tools trying to hype a game that received no public comment.

#36196 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

So I thought this thread was about stern trying to obtain public input for the next pinball theme. Not a bunch of marketing tools trying to hype a game that received no public comment.

Or did you think it was about people ‘acting like tools’ by trolling pinsiders?

#36197 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wondering how this game will do in a bar scene? I may underestimate the hipster scene nowadays-could be HUGE!

Depends on the bar I suppose. Foo Fighters is still too dad rock for the <35 crowd.

#36198 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Have been a longtime casual player and now a new owner of a Bond Prem. I'm already hooked and am plotting on what my 2nd machine should be(pending wife approval of course). Honest question though with all this discussion about themes. I appreciate a good theme but how do you weight theme vs layout/playability. I know its ultimately personal opinion but it feels like such a hard decision when committing to one game to own and play vs. feeding quarters wherever my heart desired.

I started buying games over a little over a year ago and bought games dependent on themes. The more games I play and try the more I'm finding out I like games more for different reasons. I recently got SW Pre. and enjoy that the most so far out of all my games just based on the speed and flow alone.

#36199 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Or did you think it was about people ‘acting like tools’ by trolling pinsiders?

Im not the one pushing garbage themes on people and using weak social media marketing techniques to do so.

#36200 1 year ago

Depends on the bar I suppose. Foo Fighters is still too dad rock for the <35 crowd.

I'm 35 and think of Foo Fighters as more like "my older brother's rock" than dad rock. But they're closing in on my demographic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
There are 46,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 724 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.