vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 941.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So for what ages are tmnt?
40 to 48 year span?
I know none of my kids would care for a turtle pin.
Btw if you think im wrong, answer the questions.

My 5 year old loves TMNT! I'm 42 and would be interested in a pin if done right. I used to play the heck out of the TMNT arcade game with my friends and owned the games on NES and SNES as well.

I did hear a rumor that Zombie Yeti is working on a 2020 release game for Stern so I really hope TMNT is it!

#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm 37. My son is 6. I think we would both enjoy a tmnt pin.

And it will be about nunchucks and eating pizza or what?
Sorry that i cant see it. Dorky and strange as best. With that said lets see How wonka is doing....
(Another theme im totally puzzled about)

#3503 4 years ago

I would love to see a Thor pin, comic book style like the Spiderman bauld edition

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

And it will be about nunchucks and eating pizza or what?
Sorry that i cant see it. Dorky and strange as best. With that said lets see How wonka is doing....
(Another theme im totally puzzled about)

I'm not going to pretend I remember all my tmnt info but If memory serves some good options....
Save April (if you played the data east you now hate me lol)
Build Donnies inventions.
Raphs Rage mode
Splinter multiball (maybe 4 ball mb as splinter trains the turtles)
Defeat Bebop and Rocksteady
Destroy mouzers to get to Baxter the fly
Defeat the Shredder mini wizard
Send Krang back to dimension x (technodrome wizard mode)
And yes, of course collect pizza.

The more I think about the theme, the more I'm realizing that it could be pretty similar to deadpool. Goofy butt kicking ninja and all. I'd rather play turtles for nostalgia but I've really warmed up to deadpool.

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not going to pretend I remember all my tmnt info but If memory serves some good options....
Save April (if you played the data east you now hate me lol)
Build Donnies inventions.
Raphs Rage mode
Splinter multiball (maybe 4 ball mb as splinter trains the turtles)
Defeat Bebop and Rocksteady
Destroy mouzers to get to Baxter the fly
Defeat the Shredder mini wizard
Send Krang back to dimension x (technodrome wizard mode)
And yes, of course collect pizza.
The more I think about the theme, the more I'm realizing that it could be pretty similar to deadpool. Goofy butt kicking ninja and all. I'd rather play turtles for nostalgia but I've really warmed up to deadpool.

Great ideas! You also have the "ooze" similar to Ghostbusters and this game would just beg for a subway escape. Lots of other villians to fight and you could also get an assist from Casey Jones.

And I almost forgot the best part! Ninja Rap!

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

40 to 48 year span?

I'm not personally interested in TMNT, but it has way more appeal than you give it credit for. I'd say most millenials and late gen X love TMNT, so everyone from like 30 to 45. Plus they still make cartoons for kids, so it's kinda perfect for a relatively young family for a home setting. It's perfect for a bar setting full of millenials. (I see a TMNT on location that regularly drives a lot of coin drop from the non-players. Imagine if the game was decent!)

I think it's worth noting that Raw Thrills made a TMNT game a couple of years ago. So people are clearly asking for and buying this theme for location play.

#3507 4 years ago

How about Jon Carter From Mars. I know the movie didn't go over very well but I think it would make a excellent pin. Hey, It has four armed green Martians. How could that go wrong?

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

40 to 48 year span?

Gladly

You could have a canister of ooze from TGRI that you would have to lock 4 balls in.

You could collect the 4 different weapons from the turtles

You could build the turtle van! (Maybe turtle van video mode)

Save NYC from any or all the villains

Save April

Sewer slide ramp.

Skateboarding Mikey

Large technodrone with built in ramp that opens up.

Ooze mode (lights out flashing green)

Krane body suit or shredder interactive toy. (Smash shredders mask until it breaks)

Ninja vanish jackpot. Try to lock all multiballs

It would be amazing if they did different artwork for the models

Pro based off the new movie being filmed.

Premium current cartoon theme.

LE classic 80-90s cartoon.

Or just do it all off the 80-90s

This theme has legs 5-45 ages it would be a smash hit on route and that’s the best insurance policy to keep this hobby alive!

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

In my country turtle movies and series are shown but kids don't seem to care a lot.
I experienced turtles in the eighties as a kid, loved it back then but would never buy anything turtles today...

I’d disagree if it’s on TV then kids are watching. TV time is valuable if they weren’t seeing a return they would pull it from the schedule.

If you saw it on route that nostalgia would cause you to drop some coins in it i promise

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I did hear a rumor that Zombie Yeti is working on a 2020 release game for Stern so I really hope TMNT is it!

ZY would absolutely KILL IT on TMNT artwork. Are you listening Stern? This is a cross-generational theme that would generate plenty of sales if done properly. Let's hope that white board drawing really was a hidden clue

9c1826ecbe30e90ac6a4f48797089a8c3faa5b0d (resized).jpeg9c1826ecbe30e90ac6a4f48797089a8c3faa5b0d (resized).jpeg

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm not personally interested in TMNT, but it has way more appeal than you give it credit for. I'd say most millenials and late gen X love TMNT, so everyone from like 30 to 45. Plus they still make cartoons for kids, so it's kinda perfect for a relatively young family for a home setting. It's perfect for a bar setting full of millenials. (I see a TMNT on location that regularly drives a lot of coin drop from the non-players. Imagine if the game was decent!)
I think it's worth noting that Raw Thrills made a TMNT game a couple of years ago. So people are clearly asking for and buying this theme for location play.

I have three kids under 20 and they couldnt care less for turtle. I'm to old but my wife is of turtle age, but isnt interested. Maybe its different in the US?
I think maybe turtles was a way to Milk martial art popularity, with a kid setting, which also seems hopelessly outdated.

Harry Potter, pixar, despicable me/minions or transylvania series on the other hand, the kids all love.

I think turtle maybe are way more popular over there.

Come to think of it, for me beeing older....
If Spielberg deliver on his promise of doing prisoners of the sun, i would surely love a Tintin pin.
Dont know though if Tintin was/is as popular over there.

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I have three kids under 20 and they couldnt care less for turtle. I'm to old but my wife is of turtle age, but isnt interested. Maybe its different in the US?
I think maybe turtles was a way to Milk martial art popularity, with a kid setting, which also seems hopelessly outdated.
Harry Potter, pixar, despicable me/minions or transylvania series on the other hand, the kids all love.
I think turtle maybe are way more popular over there.
Come to think of it, for me beeing older....
If Spielberg deliver on his promise of doing prisoners of the sun, i would surely love a Tintin pin.
Dont know though if Tintin was/is as popular over there.

Yeah it's simply an American thing. TMNT was a smash hit in the late 80s and early 90s, still sorta relevant today, etc. Extremely few Americans going to bars care about Tintin. That's an even worst theme than The Munsters.

Also TMNT was originally a mildly popular underground comic book. Then it was sold out and reformed as a kids property which begat a ton of toys, cartoons, and a few successful movies.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

Sry but...
You're too old.

It's the hot shit with us sub 50 kids.

#3514 4 years ago

Grand theft auto would be a great pin if handled correctly.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There are about 50 other video game franchises that deserve a pin more than gta. That's a much narrower demographic than youd think.

#3516 4 years ago

I would want classic nintendo and sega titles (i still cant believe sega never made a true sonic pinball) but realistically if they start doing game themes they would make more money with popular mobile games (like angry birds or something but I dont know what is currently popular)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3517 4 years ago

I’m glad I was able to get people talking about TMNT! 39 and I’d love it!

#3518 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I would want classic nintendo and sega titles (i still cant believe sega never made a true sonic pinball) but realistically if they start doing game themes they would make more money with popular mobile games (like angry birds or something but I dont know what is currently popular)

A lot of those mobile games don't translate to other media. Candy Crush game bombed hard as a game show.

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What about GTA in particular? The games are goofy fun, but I don't remember much about them being very memorable. I mean they could make a High Speed 3 but toss on the GTA name. That sorta works?

Also I think the theme is limiting in the number of locations you could put it in and wouldn't necessarily be a high earner from random people. (A lot of random people actively don't like GTA, but games like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon? Quarter drops all day!)

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

ZY would absolutely KILL IT on TMNT artwork. Are you listening Stern? This is a cross-generational theme that would generate plenty of sales if done properly. Let's hope that white board drawing really was a hidden clue
[quoted image]

I feel like there could be something to this.

The other drawings on the board are: X-wings flying towards a Star Destroyer, the Black Knight and Slimer(?)

#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah it's simply an American thing. TMNT was a smash hit in the late 80s and early 90s, still sorta relevant today, etc. Extremely few Americans going to bars care about Tintin. That's an even worst theme than The Munsters.
Also TMNT was originally a mildly popular underground comic book. Then it was sold out and reformed as a kids property which begat a ton of toys, cartoons, and a few successful movies.

Weren't they trying to steer kids away from "ninja" stuff in the UK in the 80's?
I had a TMNT arcade game that had a reimported card in it and the title screen said "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles"
I remember reading something about how they didn't want kids into ninja stuff.

#3522 4 years ago
C4B5265C-0976-43FA-AE91-E8550C9077B1 (resized).jpegC4B5265C-0976-43FA-AE91-E8550C9077B1 (resized).jpeg
#3523 4 years ago

Turtles, Godzilla, Jurassic World......... teeth + more teeth.....
Sorry just don't get it guys.....

There's just nothing real exciting about the above, kind of Nerdy IMHO........

Elvira? Less teeth but more tongue + T**.... This is just a Stern crew wet dream revisited......... thought they would have gotten over their teenage crush by now FFS

Maybe the exciting themes are too costly license wise, who knows....

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Turtles, Godzilla, Jurassic World......... teeth + more teeth.....
Sorry just don't get it guys.....
There's just nothing real exciting about the above, kind of Nerdy IMHO........
Elvira? Less teeth but more tongue + T**.... This is just a Stern crew wet dream revisited......... thought they would have gotten over their teenage crush by now FFS
Maybe the exciting themes are too costly license wise, who knows....

The themes Stern picks isn't surprising. Look at the ages of most of the designers and decision-makers. Gary is still giving himself a pat on the back about The Beatles

#3525 4 years ago

Local man posts on pinball forum that everyone is a bunch of nerds.

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Weren't they trying to steer kids away from "ninja" stuff in the UK in the 80's?
I had a TMNT arcade game that had a reimported card in it and the title screen said "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles"
I remember reading something about how they didn't want kids into ninja stuff.

Heroes are just more heroic while Ninjas are evil. I grew up with "hero" turtles as well, wich is absolute BS because as a kid that couldnt speak english I would neither understand what a "hero" or a "ninja" is.
But yeah, as far as I know the UK censored the appearence of weapons wich didnt fell into arms law (and you could freely buy), like the nuchucks.

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Let's hope that white board drawing really was a hidden clue
[quoted image]

No way Stern did that by accident. If I remember correctly, when they drop hints like that the game is typically a few releases away though.

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Friday the 13th. Crystal Lake, the camp, cabins. Collect all the counselors before Jason or Mrs. Vorhees get you!
Never happen, I know.

Don’t forget Spooky pinball. This would be great from them.

#3529 4 years ago

What are the odds of Stranger Things?
My wifes favorite show, she has greenlighted a NIB purchase if that theme ever gets picked up and made.

#3530 4 years ago

Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a great, upbeat pin with rock and funk. High energy. CALI-FOR-NIA drop targets. There’s a reason why they are in the rock n roll hall of fame. We need a music pin with a more recent band like the chili peppers. Come on Stern!!!

#3531 4 years ago

I love all the TMNT talk i hope stern is listening I’d be a pro and LE buyer. One for route one for home. Shit maybe 3 for route 1 for home

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I love all the TMNT talk i hope stern is listening I’d be a pro and LE buyer. One for route one for home. Shit maybe 3 for route 1 for home

I’d be all in on an LE as long as they didn’t do the current TMNT.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

I’m 50+ and would love to see a Turtles pin.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

No way Stern did that by accident. If I remember correctly, when they drop hints like that the game is typically a few releases away though.

They dropped hints for Spider-Man, ghost busters, Metallica and Superman. All were made except Superman. But Superman was on the board but was canceled. There were probably more but don’t remember.
So if they went back to their old routine of dropping hints I would say they at least have the license and it’s a possibility.

#3535 4 years ago

I think TMNT would kill on location. However, my wife will kill me when I order the LE lol.

#3536 4 years ago

TMNT would make a good pin...bring it on.

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There are about 50 other video game franchises that deserve a pin more than gta. That's a much narrower demographic than youd think.

LoL:

"Industry analyst Doug Creutz says Grand Theft Auto 5 has made more money than any other form of media in history, with over 90 million units sold and $6 billion in revenue." - IGN

The game has great possibilities as a pin similar to high speed, but you could also add in heists etc. Semi-adult content would be cool as well. Plus it would be a contemporary theme that is still crazy popular amongst the demographic that plays and would play Pinball.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They dropped hints for Spider-Man, ghost busters, Metallica and Superman. All were made except Superman. But Superman was on the board but was canceled. There were probably more but don’t remember.
So if they went back to their old routine of dropping hints I would say they at least have the license and it’s a possibility.

I heard Superman, Jaws and Beetlejuice were all on the board, especially Sup and Jaws, but were cancelled. That's a bummer. The first 2 are themes I would consider pre-ordering on theme alone!

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a great, upbeat pin with rock and funk. High energy. CALI-FOR-NIA drop targets. There’s a reason why they are in the rock n roll hall of fame. We need a music pin with a more recent band like the chili peppers. Come on Stern!!!

How about a pin for us easy-listening folks? Air Supply, America, Bread, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, REO and Styx! They could be calmer, less violent games. Maybe with a 3.5 degree pitch. The ball just gently, slowly, barely rolls back to your flippers. With a huge center post like a marshmallow. Ahhhhhh.

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How about a pin for us easy-listening folks? Air Supply, America, Bread, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, REO and Styx! They could be calmer, less violent games. Maybe with a 3.5 degree pitch. The ball just gently, slowly, barely rolls back to your flippers. With a huge center post like a marshmallow. Ahhhhhh.

The only one I would love would be Styx. Mr Roboto should be a pinball machine on its own.

#3541 4 years ago

Resident Evil !!
Cool chick
Cool theme
Cool Art
Zombie apocalypse
What’s not to like

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Resident Evil !!
Cool chick
Cool theme
Cool Art
Zombie apocalypse
What’s not to like

Hard to fill the shoes of the excellent walking dead pin.

#3543 4 years ago

John Wick?

#3544 4 years ago

I do think that Stern should consider some kind of video game cross over. The new Halo game by Raw Thrills is very entertaining. I had to pull my wife away from playing it for over 20 minutes.

Bring on TMNT, HALO, World of Warcraft, Super Smash Bros. or any hybrid video-pinball machine. If done right and with the proper LCD integration-it could be cool and also could attract tons of non- pinheads?

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LoL:
"Industry analyst Doug Creutz says Grand Theft Auto 5 has made more money than any other form of media in history, with over 90 million units sold and $6 billion in revenue." - IGN
The game has great possibilities as a pin similar to high speed, but you could also add in heists etc. Semi-adult content would be cool as well. Plus it would be a contemporary theme that is still crazy popular amongst the demographic that plays and would play Pinball.

And Mustangs are popular cars. Numbers dont make good themes. GTA is not as popular with the pin ball BUYING community as with the younger crowd (that's where the numbers are) and the theme would be alienated by many operator locations with it's over the top violence. Gta is on a lot of parents no play lists. Ive played through several gta games myself (vice city being my favorite) How would this really translate into a pin anyway? Just buy a Getaway and pretend you are killing people along the way.

#3546 4 years ago

I would love a John Wick pin the license has so much potential. Younger audiences will be attracted to the pin so will older die hard pinball players as it's a violent action packed film.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And Mustangs are popular cars. Numbers dont make good themes. GTA is not as popular with the pin ball BUYING community as with the younger crowd (that's where the numbers are) and the theme would be alienated by many operator locations with it's over the top violence. Gta is on a lot of parents no play lists. Ive played through several gta games myself (vice city being my favorite) How would this really translate into a pin anyway? Just buy a Getaway and pretend you are killing people along the way.

Mustang also happens to be one of the worst designs in modern pinball. People won't even play the one on location here for free. GTA has a ton to offer, even without the sex and violence. I mentioned some possibilities in my previous post. It would attract a younger crowd, and many on this forum have played the game and likely like the game.

#3548 4 years ago

Yeah, GTA would be a hard pass for me.

#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Resident Evil !!
Cool chick
Cool theme
Cool Art
Zombie apocalypse
What’s not to like

Resident Evil was talked about for years (around the time of Tron?). I wonder if Stern had the license and for whatever reason they never followed through with it?

#3550 4 years ago

Need a really nice adult theme for a change
Sexy girl was great with pic feature

Maybe Deep Throat ?
Endless possibilities

Most of these end up home used only anyway
And possibly bars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/71?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.