IMG_2567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8131 (resized).jpeg
20240308_135657.jpg
IMG_1602 (resized).jpeg
D&D (resized).jpg
260213d5-b8e5-468d-9762-eeace7ec42d7-large16x9_theboys (resized).jpg
DD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 719 of 917.
#35901 1 year ago

Honestly, for some of our older members a good theme from the Palaeolithic Period. And for some of the younger kids, possibly silent film era? I think operators would agree!

#35902 1 year ago

Who are the Food Fighters?
Ah found it…could be an interesting pin.

3149E9C5-13FB-426C-B413-64922282661C (resized).jpeg3149E9C5-13FB-426C-B413-64922282661C (resized).jpeg48C98C81-C5E2-4A41-8A25-5753C69F2A9B (resized).jpeg48C98C81-C5E2-4A41-8A25-5753C69F2A9B (resized).jpeg
#35903 1 year ago

Nate mentioned on his YouTube Travel channel he had some serious Pinball talk this week...
Could be the next Cornerstone Podcast interview.

#35904 1 year ago

What the thread REALLY needs, are more posts where folks make an amusing quip about not knowing what the Foo Fighters are, or who they are.

Real knee slappers, for sure.

#35905 1 year ago

Nevermind foo, bring on the Ramones!

9270d896d5d38e0015ecb5a036fc5546.gif9270d896d5d38e0015ecb5a036fc5546.gif
#35906 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not even sure Dave Grohl would agree with you on this since he idolises Rush...as evidenced by his induction speech for them at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
PS - I have every Foo Fighters CD they made. Love the band, so this isn't a this-vs.-that thing.

I saw someone say “Rush may not be your favorite band, but there is someone in your favorite band, whose favorite band is Rush”. Amazingly talented musicians all around. There was a lot of hate on here of Rush when the game came out, but it’s hard to deny that it’s a great game.

I think with a great layout, Foo Fighters have enough high energy music that will make for an awesome experience and we’ll see it make a few FF fans out of pinsiders.

#35907 1 year ago

I think Nirvana would make a terrible pinball theme. Moody teen 90s grunge rock just seems like the wrong vibe, and they weren’t around long enough to have enough content to pull together to make a complete feeling game.

While I think a Ramones song or two would be cool to add to another pin, I think a dedicated Ramones pin wouldn’t work. As Rolling Stone points out “TO THE UNTRAINED ear, every Ramones song sounds exactly the same.“

I think an absolute block buster music pin theme would be to make a Beastie Boys pin. They have lots of hits, had a long career with a big fan base, and have a lot of theming that could be pulled from their videos to make for an interesting design.

I could also see a Green Day pin being a commercial success. Long career with a big fan base. High energy music that lends it self well to the excitement of pinball. Easy to find 10-14 recognizable songs.

#35908 1 year ago

I wonder if Foo will have expression lights. Then maybe Rush owners can get some too!

#35909 1 year ago

Rush is one of my favorite bands but could not pull the trigger due to not so good playfield art and play. Not even going to buy a used one. Definitely mot going to buy Foo Fighter even if play is good, not one of my favorites.

#35910 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder if Foo will have expression lights. Then maybe Rush owners can get some too!

My Rush came with expression lights.

#35911 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My Rush came with expression lights.

Nice

#35912 1 year ago

Foo fighters are horrible, no good, very bad.

#35913 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Rush is one of my favorite bands but could not pull the trigger due to not so good playfield art and play. Not even going to buy a used one. Definitely mot going to buy Foo Fighter even if play is good, not one of my favorites.

Agreed. But trust me (and I own one)...you don't even notice the stupid cartoonish Rush members in the center of the playfield once you start playing.

#35914 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

While I think a Ramones song or two would be cool to add to another pin, I think a dedicated Ramones pin wouldn’t work. As Rolling Stone points out “TO THE UNTRAINED ear, every Ramones song sounds exactly the same.“

I'll have to disagree. The fast pace songs would be perfect for a game that plays fast and has great flow. They even have a song called Pinhead that needs to make it to a pin. Haha.
People always seem to think all their songs sound the same but after the first albums they definitely add more variety. Bonzo goes to bitburg, poison heart, pet sematary, I wanna live, howling at the moon, to name a few.

806f1ec70279ab089db603791d9ddb60--vintage-photographs-vintage-photos (resized).jpg806f1ec70279ab089db603791d9ddb60--vintage-photographs-vintage-photos (resized).jpg
#35915 1 year ago

Quick..... somebody create an official Foo Fighters owners thread.

#35916 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But trust me (and I own one)...you don't even notice the stupid cartoonish Rush members in the center of the playfield once you start playing.

Honestly. The game play is f’n amazing and it has good code. The rest of the theming and dmd content are pretty good and make up for the cartoony characters in the middle of the playfield.

#35917 1 year ago

I don’t want a foo fighters pin so won’t buy one. It is going to take a special band to get my interest. Stern can make a hip-hop pin and I’d buy one. Cypress Hill, Eminem, Notorious BIG, NWA or Dr Dre would scratch the itch.

I don’t want an Elton John pin so won’t buy one. JJP can make an Ozzy (Black Sabbath), Hendrix, Santana, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson or Prince pin and I will buy a CE.

#35918 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I'll have to disagree. The fast pace songs would be perfect for a game that plays fast and has great flow. They even have a song called Pinhead that needs to make it to a pin. Haha.
People always seem to think all their songs sound the same but after the first albums they definitely add more variety. Bonzo goes to bitburg, poison heart, pet sematary, I wanna live, howling at the moon, to name a few.
[quoted image]

I get it, I’m a Ramone’s fan myself, but most people only know 2 songs. They also never had elaborate shows or videos so there isn’t as much to pull from.

#35919 1 year ago

Jjp should stick with cartoons and Richies golden girls. Leave the music pins to stern.

#35920 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I could also see a Green Day pin being a commercial success. Long career with a big fan base. High energy music that lends it self well to the excitement of pinball. Easy to find 10-14 recognizable songs.

I think Green Day is going to happen at some point by some pinball company. I don't know how long it will take, but it seems inevitable.

#35921 1 year ago
33039138-D23E-4F11-BA07-E43261C1B71B (resized).jpeg33039138-D23E-4F11-BA07-E43261C1B71B (resized).jpeg
#35922 1 year ago

I feel like Stern making Foo Fighters (if true) is just to prove people wrong when they said Rush was the worst music pin they would make.

#35923 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Jjp should stick with cartoons and Richies golden girls. Leave the music pins to stern.

I played TS4 for the first time the other day, what a cluster!

#35924 1 year ago

The last time I thought a pin was as bad a choice as Foo Fighters was Metallica.

Hope to be that surprised …..and that the pro is $4600

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35925 1 year ago

Ramones would be so f'n incredible. Perfect pinball music! So glad I got to see them before it was too late!

#35926 1 year ago

It’s goofy as hell Stern archived/discontinued Stranger Things just for Vault it less than a year later.

Weird choice. Personally hoping the don’t make TRON into an LCD Spike 2 version. SAM system is far superior. Those node boards are awful.

#35927 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I played TS4 for the first time the other day, what a cluster!

Couldn't agree more.

I do like the Foo Fighters though - hopefully Stern gets it right. I like Rush (the band) but was skeptical about the pin... boy was I surprised - I think it turned out great (except for the band member graphics).

#35928 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Couldn't agree more.
I do like the Foo Fighters though - hopefully Stern gets it right. I like Rush (the band) but was skeptical about the pin... boy was I surprised - I think it turned out great (except for the band member graphics).

The art style was the decision of the band who were trying to mimic the style of a comic book done with their likenesses, so can't blame Stern for that one. Still better than movie poster clip art, at least. I actually like the artwork style in Rush overall (everything but the band members), but I don't care for the style of caricatures in general.

#35929 1 year ago

I wonder how long it'll take Stern to go a digital route. They already have leaderboard architecture. If I were the head of Stern (on the side) I'd be designing a digital pin and it comes with all of Stern's Vaulted machines available for purchase separately. They'll all fit on the same digital machine but each machine would be (Insert target market pricepoint here). They will work closely with Zen Pinball as they are the digital pinball industry leaders and now that Gary is not at the helm anymore, all vaulted Pins are getting the digital treatment to keep the sweet sweet money rolling in. It also encourages operators to buy the newer machines because people won't come out as much for the ones they can easily obtain digitally. Another sweet and easy revenue stream. There are a lot of pinball players/fans that would want the entire retired Stern library at their fingertips. Faithfully recreated as close as you possibly could without it being the real deal, the real price or occupying the real space!

#35930 1 year ago

Whatever the next theme is, I am very ready. Foo Fighters isn't for me, but I would love to see and play any new machine. I am SO curious and happy for Jack that he gets a full BOM, and all of Stern's engineers behind him to help him create another great game. I've played a lot of the JP home edition and it is a fun game. The T-Rex shot is a little clunky and probably a bit too difficult to hit consistently. (Maybe I'm just bad) that is literally my only gripe. Every shot on that game is satisfying. The code is fair and easy to understand, hard to beat. It's a great game for the money. Very, very excited to see what Jack puts out for a Pro/Premium/LE !

#35931 1 year ago

What about a new type of offering besides Pro, Premium and LE?
It would be cool if Stern also offered an “IKEA” version where you get to put it together yourself.

- It would keep the price down for the end buyers who have the skill to put a machine together.
- All the mod lovers could ad the stuff as they go along putting the machine together instead of having to disassemble a new game first to add stuff.
- It would mean Stern could pump out more games when they don´t have to put all of them together.
- You get a better understanding of how everything works and is put together which helps you when things stop working down the line.
- It would make a great bonding/science project to do with your kids, you get all the parts in numbered bags with a step-by-step assemble manual.
First title with this “IKEA” offering: “Lego – The Pinball Machine”.
I know I would buy one. And for those not interested, just buy the normal Pro, Premium or LE.

#35932 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

They made quite an entrance with their first one.

#35933 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

It would be cool if Stern also offered an “IKEA” version where you get to put it together yourself.

There you go..!

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#35934 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s goofy as hell Stern archived/discontinued Stranger Things just for Vault it less than a year later.
Weird choice. Personally hoping the don’t make TRON into an LCD Spike 2 version. SAM system is far superior. Those node boards are awful.

When is this mythical vault coming out again? I missed the Tron, ghostbusters, and LOTR vaults.

I sure don’t want to sleep on this one.

#35935 1 year ago

Regardless of how you feel about Led Zeppelin I think it helped generate a serious question:

Do you want a themed pin after this band or are you just a huge fan of the music?

I know that may sound goofy but what I'm getting at is you can listen to anything while playing pinball. You can customize soundtracks in many games also...but is there enough meat on the bone for your band in question to have an entire pin themed after them and if so, would it be interesting enough? Most importantly, would it sell enough units to have it make any sense?

#35936 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I turned 20 in 1992 so Foo is my era. I can’t name one song. Just went on Apple Music and listened to their “top songs”, only recognize one (Best of You).
I appreciate there are passionate fans of this band. That’s awesome. But, 1) it’s not for me and 2) there are a lot of bands like this with passionate fans. I’d rather see a Pearl Jam or Red Hot Chili Peppers pin.

Same age and agree. I've heard their songs through the years but cannot think of one. Still, it's better than another dinosaur rock band and step in the right direction. Hope it's successful so Stern will consider more modern, alternative band themes or at least more variety. Love to see a country, punk, grunge, or electronic theme someday.

#35937 1 year ago

I would be more interested in a Woodstock, Warped Tour, etc. festival themed concert pin with a collection of bands versus going whole hog on one. Partially why I think a Wayne’s World (Waynestock) pin would do great! Give me a thumbs up if you agree Jack!

609B7137-2D52-4895-8C16-4CA3AFAA7C0E (resized).jpeg609B7137-2D52-4895-8C16-4CA3AFAA7C0E (resized).jpeg
#35938 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I would be more interested in a Woodstock, Warped Tour, etc. festival themed concert pin with a collection of bands versus going whole hog on one. Partially why I think a Wayne’s World (Waynestock) pin would do great! Give me a thumbs up if you agree Jack!
[quoted image]

I was just talking with my wife about a Wayne's World theme. It would be easy to theme, could be translated to pinball easily, and would be well received. The music would be diverse as well

#35939 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

The last time I thought a pin was as bad a choice as Foo Fighters was Metallica.
Hope to be that surprised …..and that the pro is $4600

Metallica is a great pin though

#35940 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think Green Day is going to happen at some point by some pinball company. I don't know how long it will take, but it seems inevitable.

Why not go ask Billie Joe yourself, he's at his record store all the time, his office is right above it, go pitch a GD pinball to him, nice enough of a guy, I'm sure he'd listen if you're polite/cool.
B

#35941 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

I was just talking with my wife about a Wayne's World theme.

They could go whole hog and do a SNL theme. Cherry-pick the greatest skits over decades, regardless of political or favorite decade SNL has something for everyone IMHO

Might have to leave "D*ck in a box" for the aftermarket mods

#35942 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

They could go whole hog and do a SNL theme. Cherry-pick the greatest skits over decades, regardless of political or favorite decade SNL has something for everyone IMHO
Might have to leave "D*ck in a box" for the aftermarket mods

I suggested this very thing months ago and it did not go over well.

Just imagine when you drain hearing "Jane you ignorant S**t"

#35943 1 year ago

There was a recent SNL board game with "squares" that I think would be a decent roadmap for modes on an SNL pin. Would be tons of fun but hard to get the right audio/video assets cleared, I'd guess.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#35944 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

There was a recent SNL board game with "squares" that I think would be a decent roadmap for modes on an SNL pin. Would be tons of fun but hard to get the right audio/video assets cleared, I'd guess.[quoted image]

I would think a SNL pin would almost have to approach it with this style of making artistic representation of the SNL characters vs the actors. The likeness rights to all those actors over the decades is no doubt a cluster fuck of ever evolving contracts.

#35945 1 year ago

Stick with older stuff [Removed]. Spartan Cheer, Lunch Lady Land, More cowbell. D**k in a box, and anything with Chris Farley. You guys know that I am currently building a Tommy Boy? Plan to reveal it at TPF24. Maybe Expo this year if I can finish it by then.

#35946 1 year ago
Quoted from elsereturn:

Stick with older stuff [Removed]. Spartan Cheer, Lunch Lady Land, More cowbell. D**k in a box, and anything with Chris Farley. You guys know that I am currently building a Tommy Boy? Plan to reveal it at TPF24. Maybe Expo this year if I can finish it by then.

I hope there is a cooler in the coin door, where you can put 6 packs of bee....soda

#35949 1 year ago

Meh. It's about perspective. If I cared enough to dig them up there were plenty of what could be seen as "agenda" pieces in the history of SNL. I've watched every season since the late 70s. I used to make compilation tapes. So I'm not guessing about that.

#35950 1 year ago

Get ready !¡!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 719 of 917.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/719 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.