balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 716 of 923.
#35751 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They are decent movies, Im a car guy so that helps. They can get kinda ridiculous, but its a movie, right?

Yeah, they're about the cars and the stunts (which have gotten ever more ridiculous). If you're watching any of them for the story, you will be disappointed.

#35752 1 year ago

Beetlejuice is a very strong rumor by one of the other companies and not Stern.

#35753 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh, so not Foo Fighters. Thank the heavens!

Ha ha.. I am not sure which one.

#35754 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they're about the cars and the stunts (which have gotten ever more ridiculous). If you're watching any of them for the story, you will be disappointed.

Wait, dragging a safe with a car through streets and buildings wasn’t real?

#35755 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Wait, dragging a safe with a car through streets and buildings wasn’t real?

ff (resized).pngff (resized).png
#35756 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I’ve never watched a single FF movie and now that #10 is coming out, I’m wondering if I should go down the rabbit hole on 1-9.

I think I learned everything I need to know about the FnF universe in the two and a half minutes on the ride at Universal Studios.

#35757 1 year ago

First one was good. I liked all of them to one degree or another up until 8 (7 is one of my favorites, actually kind of touching how they send off Paul Walker). 9 was a bit of a dumpster fire for me, so not much hope for 10.

#35758 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

[quoted image]

That’s a Fiero. What is that picture from?

#35759 1 year ago

Loved my Fiero in high school. Throw it into the corners as fast as you wanted, lock the wheel with one hand and control that under steer. That car was like a frickin go kart!

#35760 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They are decent movies, Im a car guy so that helps. They can get kinda ridiculous, but its a movie, right?

The cars are the stars .
I wouldn't care if they couldn't get the main actors , just show the cars and the sexy girls
Thanks to these movies , my car is worth more than it would have been .

IMG_20230215_213631 (resized).jpgIMG_20230215_213631 (resized).jpg
#35761 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s a Fiero. What is that picture from?

Apparently F9.

#35762 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Apparently F9.

That’s just silly. I guess I’ll have to watch it. At one point my father had 3 Fieros and was in an owners club. We’ve been to shows all over and still own an ‘87 GT. I drove it in the summers between HS and College. Fun car with good torque. Quick and nimble but not a lot of 1/4 mile speed. Unless you drop a northstar V8 into it

FED6EA78-0EE0-4348-B6C4-424E860AD373 (resized).jpegFED6EA78-0EE0-4348-B6C4-424E860AD373 (resized).jpeg
#35763 1 year ago
6D056531-0820-4358-B2CA-2BE895EF8855.jpeg6D056531-0820-4358-B2CA-2BE895EF8855.jpeg
#35764 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

First one was good. I liked all of them to one degree or another up until 8 (7 is one of my favorites, actually kind of touching how they send off Paul Walker). 9 was a bit of a dumpster fire for me, so not much hope for 10.

A lot of crazy stuff in the franchise but whether you like the films or not, the ridiculous over the top action scenes and stunts would make for good pinball.

#35765 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

It won't happen, but the mechs Stern could create based on Beetljuice would be epic.
[quoted image]

Spooky would be prime company to take on Beetle

#35766 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s just silly. I guess I’ll have to watch it. At one point my father had 3 Fieros and was in an owners club. We’ve been to shows all over and still own an ‘87 GT. I drove it in the summers between HS and College. Fun car with good torque. Quick and nimble but not a lot of 1/4 mile speed. Unless you drop a northstar V8 into it
[quoted image]

I had an 84 Fiero in high school. Iron Duke powered baby!

#35767 1 year ago

Universal received a Notification of Allowance from the Trademark Office updating their long-standing JAWS trademark for use on a Pinball machine. They have 6 months to file a confirmation of use or request an extension. Let the countdown begin.....DUM DUM.......DUM DUM.....DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#35768 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

CGC

#35769 1 year ago

I would love for CGC to do Beetlejuice. Why? Because I have a ton of respect on how they operate. They will not release half baked games. They seek perfection and it shows in the quality of their machines and manufacturing processes. Now it all comes down to having a good design as well. I would not mind seeing something simple with two competing ramps, center stand up drop targets(4) to get to Beetlejuice grave. No mini playfields, no bobble head toys, and a wide open playfield with shots in back. The theme, sounds, music, lights(rgb modes) all make it special. I did like Chris's art-so that will work as well. -Make it so

Intersting info on Jaws license. So basically-shit or get off the pot Let's not rush this one please

#35770 1 year ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

Universal received a Notification of Allowance from the Trademark Office updating their long-standing JAWS trademark for use on a Pinball machine. They have 6 months to file a confirmation of use or request an extension. Let the countdown begin.....DUM DUM.......DUM DUM.....DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM.......
[quoted image]

Definitely the next Elwin.

#35771 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Definitely the next Elwin.

damn an Elwin Jaws pin sounds like a solid winner right out the gate.

#35772 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Beetlejuice is a very strong rumor by one of the other companies and not Stern.

Actually Spooky Pinball would be perfect to produce Beetlejuice.

#35773 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Lol. My -later in the thread- post exactly!
Great minds

#35774 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would love for CGC to do Beetlejuice. Why? Because I have a ton of respect on how they operate. They will not release half baked games. They seek perfection and it shows in the quality of their machines and manufacturing processes. Now it all comes down to having a good design as well. I would not mind seeing something simple with two competing ramps, center stand up drop targets(4) to get to Beetlejuice grave. No mini playfields, no bobble head toys, and a wide open playfield with shots in back. The theme, sounds, music, lights(rgb modes) all make it special. I did like Chris's art-so that will work as well. -Make it so
Intersting info on Jaws license. So basically-shit or get off the pot Let's not rush this one please

Agreed with one exception. “No bobble head” and beetlejuice cannot exist in the same dimension. A shrunken bobble head perhaps, but “no…”, not possible.

#35775 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

damn an Elwin Jaws pin sounds like a solid winner right out the gate.

It depends. Are they using assets from Jaws ? Will Stern pull a JJP and use Jaws 4 to make their pin

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35776 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

Actually Spooky Pinball would be perfect to produce Beetlejuice.

If anyone does it just get Franchi on the art.

#35777 1 year ago

I'm not sure we need the Jaws theme specifically, I'm 51 and I can't remember much about the movie or characters beyond the "bigger boat" quote, and the younger someone is the less they'll know about it.

So, why not pick a more recent shark movie IP? Why not partner with Discovery and make a "Shark Week" pin? When I was a kid Shark Week was a major event to look forward to each year. Deep Blue Sea is more memorable to me than Jaws. Sharknado? The Meg? Just make an unlicensed shark theme?

I mean, clearly a lot of us think a shark attack theme would work but I don't know that it has to be Jaws in particular.

#35778 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm not sure we need the Jaws theme specifically, I'm 51 and I can't remember much about the movie or characters beyond the "bigger boat" quote, and the younger someone is the less they'll know about it.
So, why not pick a more recent shark movie IP? Why not partner with Discovery and make a "Shark Week" pin? When I was a kid Shark Week was a major event to look forward to each year. Deep Blue Sea is more memorable to me than Jaws. Sharknado? The Meg? Just make an unlicensed shark theme?
I mean, clearly a lot of us think a shark attack theme would work but I don't know that it has to be Jaws in particular.

No Jaws pinball? Oh lord, prepare to be tarred and feathered by the Pinside masses, for such slander!

(And I agree with you)

#35779 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If anyone does it just get Franchi on the art.

He said he was working on 4 or 5 games for the next 3 years on deadflip last night

#35780 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

No Jaws pinball? Oh lord, prepare to be tarred and feathered by the Pinside masses, for such slander!
(And I agree with you)

I am 40 and have never seen Jaws…I live a sheltered life.

#35781 1 year ago

Pogs pinball. Remember pogs? They're back, in pinball form!

#35782 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

ALF Pinball confirmed

#35783 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

ALF Pinball confirmed[quoted image]

Well sh*t. I'm fired.

#35784 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

#35785 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Well sh*t. I'm fired.

A568CE46-8D3B-4744-B144-44666DEC4E15 (resized).jpegA568CE46-8D3B-4744-B144-44666DEC4E15 (resized).jpeg
#35786 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So, like Safecracker, but with Pogs rolling down the backglass?

#35787 1 year ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

[quoted image]

Lots of potential.
Stern please don’t F this one up!

#35788 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Loved my Fiero in high school. Throw it into the corners as fast as you wanted, lock the wheel with one hand and control that under steer. That car was like a frickin go kart!

Speaking of go karts I have 2 Toyota MR2 that are supercharged.

20221021_063032 (resized).jpg20221021_063032 (resized).jpg20221021_065441 (resized).jpg20221021_065441 (resized).jpg
#35789 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

My 17 year old daughter has the movie poster on her wall. These kids know good movies and they all insta chat and stuff and it goes viral and they have watch parties .. it's not like it used to be now that everyone is connected by phones.

#35790 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

ALF Pinball confirmed[quoted image]

It’s back… in token form…

#35791 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Speaking of go karts I have 2 Toyota MR2 that are supercharged. [quoted image][quoted image]

Always loved MR2s!!

#35792 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Well sh*t. I'm fired.

Made me sad you mentioned Muppets, bc it’s clearly not happening then. Can only imagine the theme song on the plunge and a heckling topper ala BKSOR. “It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the lights”

#35793 1 year ago

..what you all really want is a Fiero Pinball with Hall & Oates music..!

quantum-leaps-the-quad-four-pontiac-fiero-that-never-was (resized).jpgquantum-leaps-the-quad-four-pontiac-fiero-that-never-was (resized).jpg
#35794 1 year ago
#35795 1 year ago

Found a picture of our old 87 I4 Fiero. My stepdad had his German stuff all over it before I inherited it. Such a fun little car! My old 81 CB750 and late cat also in that picture. Taken in Los Altos CA, I was 17 around that time. Good memories

E5C3C313-ABB3-43B1-99C1-23B54A6B7BF3 (resized).jpegE5C3C313-ABB3-43B1-99C1-23B54A6B7BF3 (resized).jpeg

#35796 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

I loved my Fiero!

#35797 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

Finally, a Real Man of Genius has spoken.

#35798 1 year ago

World’s Biggest Pinball Machine Maker Expands After Bump in Demand
https://www.costar.com/article/1684457330/worlds-biggest-pinball-machine-maker-expands-after-bump-in-demand

'“The business has been growing at 20% to 30% per year, and we expect that growth to continue for the foreseeable future,” said Peterson, declining to provide revenue figures.'

I wish them the best, but as they say in the finance industry, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

#35799 1 year ago

Speaking of 80’s cars…
Where’s my Knight Rider pin already?!

B71CC3EF-1E72-4E9A-ABFD-D4C9AE722FD2 (resized).jpegB71CC3EF-1E72-4E9A-ABFD-D4C9AE722FD2 (resized).jpeg
#35800 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Speaking of 80’s cars…
Where’s my Knight Rider pin already?!
[quoted image]

I freaking loved this show so much. haha
good times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 716 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/716 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.