20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 712 of 942.
#35551 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Its price. At $13k your buying pool goes down. Even more at $20k so its best when restoring to make it look nice but don't make it so nice that you take a bath on resale. Some with a home renovation. They may have issues if the next IP's are not as popular with 1000 LE's at $13k price. I don't think I will do it for Venom and Foo Fighters if those are coming out.

Exactly I backed out of a LE from several dealers.

And since buying a pin for ones home in the first place should require a sanity check. Looks like a SLE Bond is in my future. Geez this hobby is nutz!!

#35552 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think a lot of people backed away from Bond because of the lack of code.
I cancelled my Bond for that reason and got a JP for now. I will probably get a Bond but development is super slow and I wanted a more complete game.

Bravo! Now that's how you do it. New games shipping with incomplete code is a joke. If you down tools, they will soon get the message and release games with complete code.... trust me, it can be done.

#35553 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Kong done similar to Godzilla would kick ass. Replace the burning building with Empire State Building and throw in some vintage battle clips and a rocking soundtrack. How would this NOT sell?

A KK pin would look pretty awesome next to GZ. I grew up watching those old monster movies so I'm all for it.

#35554 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Several distros have bond LEs still. Either the price is too on not a popular theme.

It's the price. Several dealers I had contacted in between the 007 teaser and the official announcement that had told me they were all pre-sold later contacted me and said they had LEs available. People dropped out because of the huge price increase from the previous titles. Coincidentally, I just received an email from Marco that the LE is now in stock with them.

#35555 1 year ago

2022-2023 will be the years that the new pinball machine price ceiling was found and exceeded.

A costly mistake for Stern Pinball and Jersey Jack Pinball.

Let's hope that reality hits for these manufacturers and things settle down from here.

Screenshot_20230207_054504_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230207_054504_Google (resized).jpg
#35556 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

A KK pin would look pretty awesome next to GZ. I grew up watching those old monster movies so I'm all for it.

In the meantime, you can at least put a Jurassic Park next to it. Godzilla + T-Rex isn't bad.

#35557 1 year ago

Elwin on Loser kid podcast talks a little JAWS!!!

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-101-elwin-keith-elwin

4D01D935-1115-4277-9346-CE7B5D2BF1E1 (resized).jpeg4D01D935-1115-4277-9346-CE7B5D2BF1E1 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35558 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Elwin on Loser kid podcast talks a little JAWS!!!
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-101-elwin-keith-elwin
[quoted image]

I don’t recall any mention of Jaws whatsoever.

#35559 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I don’t recall any mention of Jaws whatsoever.

At 34:57 Jaws.

#35560 1 year ago

Bond Jaws isn't the same as Spielberg's JAWS.

#35561 1 year ago

Ahhh yes… I see.

#35562 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bond Jaws isn't the same as Spielberg's JAWS.

Was it Bond Jaws? Oh man, you killed my vibe!

#35563 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Was it Bond Jaws? Oh man, you killed my vibe!

Mission...accomplished?

#35564 1 year ago

Still holding hope on Jaws the fish!

#35566 1 year ago

Elwin’s Monsters Tour -

T-Rex in JP 2019
Godzilla and King Ghidorah in GZ 2021
Jaws in Jaws 2024 ???
King Kong in 2026 ???
Harry Potter & Wizards in 2028 ???

#35567 1 year ago

"Speaking of Elwin's 2024 Stern cornerstone game, according to the man himself it will have two full-size flippers and two other flippers, four total. Three of the flippers are on the same side of the game."

Hmmm, kinds sounds like Roadshow? Or do the 2 mini-flippers on the same side mean a mini-playfield?

Later,
EV

#35568 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Elwin’s Monsters Tour -
Harry Potter & Wizards in 2028 ???

This may have a ray of hope, or maybe just fan-boi wishful thinking....

https://www.disneydining.com/disney-to-acquire-harry-potter-bb1/

Later,
EV

#35569 1 year ago

Uh boy, another opportunity for Disney to destroy a beloved franchise.

What would happen to The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter at Universal?

#35570 1 year ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

EV, I think your fan-boi mind missed the final paragraph....

"Answering this question and others would only be the tip of the iceberg, were Disney to actively pursue a deal with Warner Bros. to buy Harry Potter. Long before those questions are asked, we need to ask whether Harry Potter is the right intellectual property for Disney–and whether this satirical trip down imagination lane could ever have any merit to it."

Note the final section after the hyphen...

#35571 1 year ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

A deal for HP’s full rights might cost $30B imo. That is serious money and a commitment for Disney. Don’t know the amount but I’d bet it is even higher. Disney is pushing hard to make it happen. After the dust clears, pinball licensors will be in touch. They’ve been waiting for this to play out and it is moving at breakneck speed now.

Also, if Stern is being positioned for sale, what if Stern is courting Disney for a $600M sized buyout offer? They are aligning themselves in new ways by seasoned entertainment industry vets and a direct phone line to Disney.

I don’t care what it takes, get me an Elwin-Potter pinball by 2028 or endure the spells from he who must not be named (lord v

#35572 1 year ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

That's the cornerstone of the Universal parks...... but they do lease the Marvel comic properties from Disney with the preexisting license. Maybe the same arrangement all over again?

Since I'd like to see Disney fail and go belly up, I'm all for it. Pay that 30 billion!!! Universal still has the exclusive theme park license, and the HP franchise is 20 years old anyway. The original actors are dropping like flies, no more movies are coming even if they wanted to. Last time I was at Universal Orlando, it was full of middle age people dressed as Hogwarts students. 15 years left in that world tops, and it's already on the decline. Epic Universe has another HP land being built now (too old Universal, it's getting too old).
Magical Beasts shows that no one cares if it doesn't have Harry, Hermine and Ron. They are the new Luke, Leia and Han. Disney just wants to bury them too.

#35573 1 year ago

A deal for HP’s full rights might cost $30B imo. That is serious money and a commitment for Disney. Don’t know the amount but I’d bet it is even higher.

How do you get to that number? Disney bought Lucasfilm for a bit more than $4B..

#35574 1 year ago

I think he used $tern’s inflation formula.
So, looks about right.
$4B to $30B, cause you know, “inflation” LOL

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

How do you get to that number? Disney bought Lucasfilm for a bit more than $4B..

#35575 1 year ago

When Stern releases their new pins with inflation it will be $9,700 for a pro 12k for a Pre and LE $15k. They will be on par with JJP

#35576 1 year ago

I smell hypocrisy when people complain about raising msrp. People who are in it to make a buck by reselling the machine need to get out. I am different I route and like playing machines. I would like to buy a CCrLE at msrp. But scalpers want 3k or more for one. Which puts it at JJPs and Stern's le prices.

#35577 1 year ago

HP is a Dream theme for our family idk what you’re talking about but kids of all ages love HP. Shits on Tv non stop. If I’m going to pay 20-25k for a limited pin it’s Harry Potter.

#35578 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I believe Harry Potter license generates about $6B per year (wag) x 5 years of cashflow = $30B. I am talking about EVERYTHING included. Books, movies, tv, films, broadcasting, streaming, characters, individual actors, products and theme park licenses. Even assets, props and wardrobe, exhibits, trademarks, copyrights and probably stellar constellations and jk Rowling’s heart. But an all-in approach and Disney wants to win the bid so they may offer $50B as a comfortable margin. Then after they get the licenses and assimilate it, we’ll know if it was a wise investment or a folly.

#35579 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

2022-2023 will be the years that the new pinball machine price ceiling was found and exceeded.
A costly mistake for Stern Pinball and Jersey Jack Pinball.
Let's hope that reality hits for these manufacturers and things settle down from here.
[quoted image]

Especially after recent facility expansions. Pinflation has peaked. They have no choice. Buyers market incoming. See you on the other side, fellas.

#35580 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Especially after recent facility expansions. Pinflation has peaked. They have no choice. Buyers market incoming. See you on the other side, fellas.

I agree it's peaked just like most asset prices.

That said I'm not seeing massive deflation and I don't know if we will. Little bit but I can't see any big drop anytime soon.

#35581 1 year ago

I believe Harry Potter license generates about $6B per year (wag) x 5 years of cashflow = $30B. I am talking about EVERYTHING included.

Sure, if you look at past revenues with everything included. Doesn't mean the franchise would sell for that much unless you include tangibles such as theme parks, toys or maybe another book deal. Anyhoo, there's so much money in those franchises, damn interesting to see how much we love those books, movies and games!

If it were based on value alone, I guess we should expect a Pokémon ($92B, really?), Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh..!

media_franchises.pngmedia_franchises.png
#35582 1 year ago

So Barbie pin next?

#35583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

When Stern releases their new pins with inflation it will be $9,700 for a pro 12k for a Pre and LE $15k. They will be on par with JJP

You are not far off. I’ve been told to expect my Foo fighters LE to be at or near 15k when it’s announced this December.

#35584 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

That will never happen!

JJP will raise prices too, of course!

#35585 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

You are not far off. I’ve been told to expect my Foo fighters LE to be at or near 15k when it’s announced this December.

Who told you that!?

#35586 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Uh boy, another opportunity for Disney to destroy a beloved franchise.

I am eager for Harry Potter 9-3/4 if that happens

what if Stern is courting Disney for a $600M sized buyout offer?

For a company that did 23M in 2021? I think Manufacturing is a little too much for Disney to handle direct. They would rather license their property to a manufacturer and take the easy money.

If they do Spawn I really hope it's the animated series and not for the rumored movie. It seems like animation is much easier to deal with the license and celebrities instead of the resource-draining lawyers like we see with 007.

#35587 1 year ago

I heard it will be a music pin(not heavy metal-rock) and comical....

#35588 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

What if...Foo Fighters is code for a Bee Gees pin

#35589 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Your dealer is preparing to rip you off.

#35590 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Oo, that Barenaked Ladies pin everyone's been dreaming of!

#35591 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

That sounds suspiciously and awesomely like Tenacious D!!!!!!!

#35592 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

What if...Foo Fighters is code for a Bee Gees pin

Or the Multiball mode is the Dee Gees.

#35593 1 year ago

I was curious if Keith liked upper left flippers or right flippers more

3 left side flippers seems to answer my question…

#35594 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Your dealer is preparing to rip you off.

I think it has more to do with 5.1 audio. 4 speakers & sub as well as a larger video display being unveiled

#35595 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Quoted from Diamond:

I think it has more to do with 5.1 audio. 4 speakers & sub as well as a larger video display being unveiled

I'm skeptical (about the price). If they can't sell 1,000 James Bond LEs at $13k, they are not going to sell 1,000 Foo Fighter LEs at $15k (or $13k).

Also, a larger video display and new audio system would indicate a whole new platform. Are they moving to Spike 3 already?

#35596 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Also, a larger video display and new audio system would indicate a whole new platform. Are they moving to Spike 3 already?

We don't need a larger display. It's the perfect size now. Any bigger and the form factor of the backglass/translite get's messed up. Just look at a JJP. Backbox/display dimensions are all off. Please don't give us what nobody is asking for.

#35597 1 year ago

I agree, I don't want a bigger screen to justify the price. I want the same screen at a better price. If I want better audio, a 3rd party solution like PinWoofer will always be better than what they put in the box. Instead of adding speakers just keep the current ones and drop the price.

They'd better come up with a way to offer value for price or else I'm just gonna keep buying used HUO machines.

#35598 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sure, if you look at past revenues with everything included. Doesn't mean the franchise would sell for that much unless you include tangibles such as theme parks, toys or maybe another book deal. Anyhoo, there's so much money in those franchises, damn interesting to see how much we love those books, movies and games!
If it were based on value alone, I guess we should expect a Pokémon ($92B, really?), Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh..! [quoted image]

Still confused by Anpanman. How on earth can it be higher grossing than themes like Harry Potter and Mario? Never heard of it until i saw this list some time ago.

#35599 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Who told you that!?

Likely some Foo.

#35600 1 year ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Still confused by Anpanman. How on earth can it be higher grossing than themes like Harry Potter and Mario? Never heard of it until i saw this list some time ago.

It's a global list, not just the US. Anpanman is hugely popular in Japan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 712 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/712 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.