Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 924.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly don't understand this drumbeat for Jaws on Pinside. It's a good movie, but what about it would make for a good pinball? I don't see it.

Something about a Jaws pin just pulls you in..

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not everyone. I hope it's NOT Jaws. Give me something from the Ben Heck 90's license collection.

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agreed. 100%

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not everyone. I hope it's NOT Jaws. Give me something from the Ben Heck 90's license collection.

give me an example of what would be in the ben heck 90's collection?
I saw AMW in google search is there others ?

#3455 4 years ago

I don't think JAWS will ever get made.
Three years ago I knew a guy on the inside that absolutely swore to me the next pin was going to be JAWS... then crickets for the next three years. I don't think it was ever really in serious discussion at any point.

Looks like Jurassic or TMNT are the front runners and I'm fine with either of those themes.

#3456 4 years ago

Jurassic and Jaws are both Universal properties. Not sure if the deal with Universal was a one-off for Munsters but maybe they scooped some other IPs.

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

give me an example of what would be in the ben heck 90's collection?
I saw AMW in google search is there others ?

Some of these are right before or right after the 1990's but basically in that block:

Big Trouble in Little China (<----#1 pick for me)
Bill & Ted
The Matrix
True Lies (forget Bond, do this)
The Mask
Groundhog Day (The POTENTIAL!)
The Fifth Element
Edward Scissorhands
Men in Black (the first 3, not the abortion of a reboot)
Animated Aladdin
and on and on and on...

Just tons of great movie properties if they're going the licensed route. But also do at least one huge video game property from that era, too. Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot, Tomba, Twisted Metal:Black, Kirby, Zelda, Tingle, A better Super Mario?, etc, etc.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If they did a Bond they could really make some cool Artwork on the cab, loads of movies + soundtracks to choose from:
[quoted image][quoted image]

He was my favorite Bond too

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm continually shocked pinball manufacturers aren't working with videogame licenses.
Pokémon, Metroid, Resident Evil, Half Life, Halo, Mario Bros, Sonic The Hedgehog, etc etc etc.
So many great titles that are known for big action, have a huge built-in fanbase, and so many assets to work with creatively.
From the 80s you had stabs at it with Q*Bert, Baby Pac, Mr. and Mrs Pacman, Joust. 90s Gottlieb gave us SFII and 2 Mario games. (Rollercoaster Tycoon counts, I guess)
But here we are with pins based off 50-60 year old TV shows and bands doing their long retirements. I love the new titles, but the people that grew up on home video games are now the ones with the careers and midlife crises!
I've seen a lot of griping in forums where people are like "NEW RESIDENT EVIL GAME???" and it's a thread lamenting that the new machine is a Biohazard pachinko from Japan. The pachinko/pachislo industry has done a decent job in tapping the video game world. I think other popular ones were Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill.

Castlevania has been my wish for a long long time. I think Ninja Gaiden would work too. Maiden was my wish and it happened. I started a few threads about it and knew it would be a hit as some disagreed. Sure the Archer layout helped but it’s a hit. Castlevania could be the new Horror pin unless Elvira 3 knocks it out of the park.

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Castlevania has been my wish for a long long time. I think Ninja Gaiden would work too. Maiden was my wish and it happened. I started a few threads about it and knew it would be a hit as some disagreed. Sure the Archer layout helped but it’s a hit. Castlevania could be the new Horror pin unless Elvira 3 knocks it out of the park.

Castlevania would be awesome. Not so sure about Ninja Gaiden. Maybe a Metal Gear pin? Lots of source material.

#3461 4 years ago

Bladerunner.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Castlevania would be awesome. Not so sure about Ninja Gaiden. Maybe a Metal Gear pin? Lots of source material.

Castlevania would work as horror for a pin I know. Just always think of both those games as my favorite NES franchise games. I still have not pasted all of them. Loved the music.

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Bladerunner.

Or the video game ripoff of it Kojima did, Snatcher.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Castlevania would work as horror for a pin I know. Just always think of both those games as my favorite NES franchise games. I still have not pasted all of them. Loved the music.

Castlevania doesn't have to be horror, it can just be gothic like the 80s and 90s games. I think that approach would have wider appeal. But yeah, a Rondo of Blood era Castlevania with good animations and a large castle to explore would be a really cool pin.

#3465 4 years ago

B
l
a
d
e
r
u
n
n
e
r

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm continually shocked pinball manufacturers aren't working with videogame licenses.
Pokémon, Metroid, Resident Evil, Half Life, Halo, Mario Bros, Sonic The Hedgehog, etc etc etc.
So many great titles that are known for big action, have a huge built-in fanbase, and so many assets to work with creatively.
From the 80s you had stabs at it with Q*Bert, Baby Pac, Mr. and Mrs Pacman, Joust. 90s Gottlieb gave us SFII and 2 Mario games. (Rollercoaster Tycoon counts, I guess)
But here we are with pins based off 50-60 year old TV shows and bands doing their long retirements. I love the new titles, but the people that grew up on home video games are now the ones with the careers and midlife crises!
I've seen a lot of griping in forums where people are like "NEW RESIDENT EVIL GAME???" and it's a thread lamenting that the new machine is a Biohazard pachinko from Japan. The pachinko/pachislo industry has done a decent job in tapping the video game world. I think other popular ones were Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill.

Why stop there, as I wrote in Another thread, world of warcraft or civilization?
Great music allready made. Progression, wizard modes etc. The complexity is all there.
Old Bond themes isn't going to engage younger people, and tits and ass, probebly isn't very popular in a home environment, which seems to be a growing location for new pins.

#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why stop there, as I wrote in Another thread, world of warcraft or civilization?
Great music allready made. Progression, wizard modes etc. The complexity is all there.
Old Bond themes isn't going to engage younger people, and tits and ass, probebly isn't very popular in a home environment, which seems to be a growing location for new pins.

The Witcher would be a boss pin theme, too. Hopefully the netflix show doesn't mess up the property too much.

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Animated Aladdin
and on and on and on...
Just tons of great movie properties if they're going the licensed route. But also do at least one huge video game property from that era, too. Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot, Tomba, Twisted Metal:Black, Kirby, Zelda, Tingle, A better Super Mario?, etc, etc.

I think most of the better Disney and pixar would make for an awesome pin, especially with well integrated led-cutscenes and complementing animation.
There is also huge advantages to the know it factor by all family members.

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

world of warcraft

oh yes, WoW or StarCraft would both be amazing pinball themes

#3470 4 years ago

Friday the 13th. Crystal Lake, the camp, cabins. Collect all the counselors before Jason or Mrs. Vorhees get you!

Never happen, I know.

#3471 4 years ago

I heard Stern is working on Bones Brigade

Jimbo Phillips on art

Lyman on code

Elwin on layout

(lies)

#3472 4 years ago

#3473 4 years ago

#3474 4 years ago

#3475 4 years ago

Is there any reason why they can’t do a Superman?
Surely this would be a hit for collectors and Ops?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 4 years ago

Spaceballs !

#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Spaceballs !

OW! My Balls! (aka Idiocracy)

#3478 4 years ago

Are there any Nintendo properties that would have the crossover, critical mass, correct market segment (operator or home use with enough $) to be worthwhile for stern to make a pinball from?

* Mario kart
* classic arcade donkey Kong
* Pokemon
* NES

Nintendo has a number of hugely popular IP's, but most of them are linked to lower age groups than the typical pinball purchaser and are products that sell at much lower product prices.

#3479 4 years ago
FFFF930D-0C77-412E-B3A0-8581F4D77335.gifFFFF930D-0C77-412E-B3A0-8581F4D77335.gif
#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

thanks for showing the links there is sound with cosmic carnaval , as far as things going on in the pin i noticed a bunch of inserts with multicolored leds more than just game play indicators they seem to be apart of the light show . the music is hard metal like with a guy playing the bent saw w/mallet like it was a lead guitar . it has a flow with 2 ramps and a center loop w/ spinners and maybe 2 banks of switches and maybe a center gobble hole . it has a strange vibe to it after a while of watching and at times it seemed more like a piece of art that could be played , they need to show how the game is played for scoring it may need something additional maybe in software upgrades

A machine having inserts and sound/music doesn't really count as anything "going on." Those are bare minimum basic requirements for a game.

I find it concerning that the videos released by Suncoast are hiding the gameplay. There was a video by one of the engineers, but there were no callouts and very few indicators that anything was going on.

#3481 4 years ago

Combine them and do "Ow! My Spaceballs!"

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

I always thought is was incredible that a mortal man could CRUSH an empty beer can...with one hand! Must be all those crackers he eats at City Hall meetings.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Is there any reason why they can’t do a Superman?
Surely this would be a hit for collectors and Ops?

I would love a Superman pin. It seems like a good risk, considering the success of Spider-Man and Deadpool and others. If the game is well-designed, the theme is...super broad. That cabinet could look amazing too, if they stick with classic Christopher Reeve Soop. That crystal S logo from Superman The Movie is pretty cool. I'm not sure about TM and copyright issues on here, so I hesitate to post it.

#3484 4 years ago

Next to the requests/wishes

Are Jurassic World and Bond the biggest possibilities for a July release?

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Next to the requests/wishes
Are Jurassic World and Bond the biggest possibilities for a July release?

Don't forget Bill & Ted and Godzilla!

#3486 4 years ago

What happened to the TMNT rumors?

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Yep rumour nothing more

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

People saying they would like to see one made does not make it a rumor.

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Yep rumour nothing more

On a positive note, that’ll save me money!

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Yep rumour nothing more

More wishful thinking.

But in my opinion TMNT is a great license, since it's a franchise thats popular with us old folks but still gets refreshes on TV.

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

More wishful thinking.
But in my opinion TMNT is a great license, since it's a franchise thats popular with us old folks but still gets refreshes on TV.

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

#3492 4 years ago

Jaws and MadMax

Can only dream I guess.

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

Well you sound like a stick in the mud! Haha

TMNT is in the pipeline...

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Well you sound like a stick in the mud! Haha
TMNT is in the pipeline...

So for what ages are tmnt?
40 to 48 year span?
I know none of my kids would care for a turtle pin.

Btw if you think im wrong, answer the questions.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I would love to see Zombie Yeti do the turtles justice. Turtles are prime 80s nostalgia (which is huge right now). You cant write a game of on theme alone anyway.

Quoted from V8haha:

Well you sound like a stick in the mud! Haha...

^^that as well.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So for what ages are tmnt?
40 to 48 year span?
I know none of my kids would care for a turtle pin.
Btw if you think im wrong, answer the questions.

I'm 37. My son is 6. I think we would both enjoy a tmnt pin.

#3497 4 years ago

In my country turtle movies and series are shown but kids don't seem to care a lot.
I experienced turtles in the eighties as a kid, loved it back then but would never buy anything turtles today...

#3498 4 years ago

The North American love of tmnt is still strong. Even Michael Bay cant kill them and he tried really hard lol
If your only tmnt knowledge is the 80s cartoon (which is understandable) I can see why you cant imagine it as a pin. That was the campy turtles. Picture the difference between Adam West Batman and Michael Keaton as Batman.

Screenshot_20190628-093748_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093748_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093838_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190628-093838_Google (resized).jpg
#3499 4 years ago

It's still not likely to happen but I could see it doing very well.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I experienced turtles in the eighties as a kid, loved it back then but would never buy anything turtles today...

Wait a minute. I'm 37 and I was in the prime tmnt hype. Even saw the live stunt show when I was 8. If you are in your 50s our did not truly live through the tmnt era as a kid. You might have watched it bit you would have been like 20. I breathed, lived, ate and slept tmnt. You should watch the documentary about how crazy the turtle hype truly was.

Edit: Mixed quotes. My bad. Entire point is moot. Apologies. (But to anyone in their 50s. I understand why you dont get it.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/70?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.