Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 708 of 942.
#35351 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Westworld!!! (the series, not the movie)

It's already dead. HBO cancelled it before filming the last season. That show really went off a cliff fast...and I used to be a big fan.

#35352 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

How about an FFFB
[quoted image]

that would be so cool but honestly (though me and all my freinds grew up reading them), way too obscure. better to do an original table; "Dirty Smelly Hippies!" or "Weed Smoking Drop-outs!" or "420: The Pin" or "Ganga Queens" or "Mari Jane."

#35353 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

that would be so cool but honestly (though me and all my freinds grew up reading them), way too obscure. better to do an original table; "Dirty Smelly Hippies!" or "Weed Smoking Drop-outs!" or "420: The Pin" or "Ganga Queens" or "Mari Jane."

And just use the soundtrack from “Dazed and Confused”. Massive hit.

#35354 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's already dead. HBO cancelled it before filming the last season. That show really went off a cliff fast...and I used to be a big fan.

Damn it, was looking forward to Season 4 too
Yeah i agree it did kinda evolve into a different place but i was still enjoying it. Still reckon it would make for a great pin though.

#35355 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Cypress Hill could fit the bill .

IMG_20230126_023149 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_023149 (resized).jpg
#35356 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

I personally will lose interest if the timeline is anything newer than Jeff Spicoli… because screw all you youngsters!

#35357 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

First season was like:
Wow.gifWow.gif

Then, after that, it was like:
Wut.gifWut.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35358 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I personally will lose interest if the timeline is anything newer than Jeff Spicoli… because screw all you youngsters!

I Don't Know

#35359 1 year ago

It's been suggested before, but I honestly think one of the best unused license opportunities is Futurama. The intro practically looks like a pinball playfield:

ExaltedRapidKingfisher-size_restricted.gifExaltedRapidKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Some loopy wireforms with a section that passes through a green tube (ala Xenon or BBB) would be a great look for attracting location play.

The basic delivery framework makes for a good ruleset base, there are tons of episodes to draw content from, and animation works really well for LCD screen displays. See Rick and Morty for example, but unlike R&M it's an 'adult' show without being R rated or problematic for families. Easier to sell to a broader audience.

And the extra bonus is it's popular with a geeky audience that tends to be old and wealthy enough to afford a pinball and could be tempted to own their first. No magic theme is going to sell thousands of pinball machines to people who've never owned one, but this feels like it has as good a chance as any to cross over that way.

#35360 1 year ago

I'm about 95% certain Futurama is coming out in the near future....

#35361 1 year ago

Yup. After 2nd season simply Unwatchable.
Really bad.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#35362 1 year ago

Men in Black? That was rumored a long time ago, but I guess the government shushed that as too close to the truth. Joking, of course.

All kidding aside, lots of great footage, music, and callouts exist for that IP. I make this look good!

#35363 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's been suggested before, but I honestly think one of the best unused license opportunities is Futurama. The intro practically looks like a pinball playfield:

Day one purchase for me !

#35364 1 year ago

I love it! Oh and we need a pencil for the shooter rod!

Quoted from screaminr:

You would have to shoot every shot twice

#35365 1 year ago

Yeah definitely not for the masses. It was tongue in cheek because someone else posted weed smoking hippies. But I love Groo too lol

#35366 1 year ago

1 billion percent would buy!!

Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]
Some loopy wireforms with a section that passes through a green tube (ala Xenon or BBB) would be a great look for attracting location play.
The basic delivery framework makes for a good ruleset base, there are tons of episodes to draw content from, and animation works really well for LCD screen displays. See Rick and Morty for example, but unlike R&M it's an 'adult' show without being R rated or problematic for families. Easier to sell to a broader audience.
And the extra bonus is it's popular with a geeky audience that tends to be old and wealthy enough to afford a pinball and could be tempted to own their first. No magic theme is going to sell thousands of pinball machines to people who've never owned one, but this feels like it has as good a chance as any to cross over that way.

#35367 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

+1

#35368 1 year ago

Batman VS Superman....plase....

batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-movie (resized).jpgbatman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-movie (resized).jpg
#35369 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Seriously GI JOE would have it all. Not from the movies, but the cartoon.
All the characters. Years of material. The possibilities are so wide open yet already lined up for them.
It's nostalgic, it's not too old but not a new stupid cartoon (looking at you Pokemon, although anything can be a great pinball machine).
GI JOE. GO JOE. Because the more you know hahah

Yes, I grew up with GI Joe, and I think it would be a wonderful license...but aren't we starting to grow out of that demographic? Although, they just released a machine centered around '60s Bond movies, so what do I know?

C'mon, Pokemon would kill. Stern gets the license from Williams to recreate Slugfest's card dispenser...boom, you have exclusive cards that come out from the machine. This thing would print money.

Not to mention, this theme has been around since 1998 in the US...and it's stuck around...with like a 1,000 Pokemon now? The biggest hurdle is Nintendo which Gottlieb witnessed with The Legend of Zelda pin.

#35370 1 year ago

Futurama as a tribute to BBB seems like an obvious way to go

#35371 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm about 95% certain Futurama is coming out in the near future....

I'm surprised it hasn't been done tbh.

And not because it's my favorite show or a dream theme or anything like that, it just seems like a really smart "actually good for pinball" license.

Multi-season TV shows > movies or bands or just about anything when it comes to lots and lots of assets and themes in general.

Way more callouts, episodes provide mode idea fodder, tons of extra characters and potential mini-bosses etc. Futurama has all that in spades. Great voice acting, that might be available for custom callouts. Battling the robot Devil for instance is an easy slam dunk idea. Feed grapes to the Hedonism-bot. Get taunted by Zapp Brannigan. There's a long list of really obvious and easy good ideas to draw from.

Animation and modern LCD screens are a perfect fit. Content looks great on them in HD, and it's easier to work with 2D assets when it comes to cutting things out, making new icons and text etc. Less 3D rendering, a lot of much faster Photoshop work. Futurama has great 'simple' art that's a good match for working with.

Futurama (resized).pngFuturama (resized).png

From the perspective of working on pinball and really seeing what ingredients are helpful for making the game come together I honestly thing animated series are hard to beat. But there are a limited amount with genuine adult appeal that don't cross the line into too weird. There have been two Simpsons pins for a reason.

#35372 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly thing animated series are hard to beat.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. I touch type and sometimes my executive control substitutes a similar word for the actual word. Since I'm often thinking and typing but not reading as I type, I don't even realize it until I read it back. Over time, I've found that think/thing is really common for some reason, even though the swapped k/g letters aren't even close on the keyboard. It's less a typo and more some kind of executive control/autopilot substitution without authorization.

#35373 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. I touch type and sometimes my executive control substitutes a similar word for the actual word.

lol yes, happens to me all the time. I swear more often as I get older …

It’s not autocorrect it’s exactly as you said, touch typist meets brain.

#35374 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm surprised it hasn't been done tbh.
And not because it's my favorite show or a dream theme or anything like that, it just seems like a really smart "actually good for pinball" license.

I can see why it wasn't done before. The show was cancelled multiple times for various reasons. Though more importantly fan demand has brought it back multiple times

But now seems like a better time to do it, especially with the...what third revival of the show being in production?

Again, I'll be mildly surprised if we don't see a Futurama pin within two years. Just not from Stern...

#35375 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Animation and modern LCD screens are a perfect fit.
I honestly think animated series are hard to beat.

My top three animated choices are The Incredibles, Futurama, and Scooby-Doo.
I swear I'll buy the first one of those three that gets made into a pinball machine.

#35376 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

My top three animated choices are The Incredibles, Futurama, and Scooby-Doo.
I swear I'll buy the first one of those three that gets made into a pinball machine.

Uhhhh, you are in luck....
http://shop.spookypinball.com/scooby-doo-collector-s-edition-initial-payment-2000-p160.php

#35377 1 year ago

Stern should seek the rights from Naughty Dog (& maybe HBO) for The Last of Us.

It has had a huge surge in popularity with the new show.

EE0C2C22-DAB6-4DFE-88E6-95AB12280BB9 (resized).jpegEE0C2C22-DAB6-4DFE-88E6-95AB12280BB9 (resized).jpeg
#35378 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Stern should seek the rights from Naughty Dog (& maybe HBO) for The Last of Us.
It has had a huge surge in popularity with the new show.
[quoted image]

This would be 2 pins featuring the same lead actor! He's also The Mandalorian.

And not a stretch to think at all really. Altho I would be hugely disappointed with pretty much anything except....

GI JOE. A real American Hero!

#35379 1 year ago

Venom with Ozzy and McFarlane…nuff saidF31BAD2F-767B-4506-8CA0-CF4E1DABD969 (resized).jpegF31BAD2F-767B-4506-8CA0-CF4E1DABD969 (resized).jpeg

#35380 1 year ago

I would like to see Mad Max Collection of all 4 movies into the one Game

MadMax (resized).jpgMadMax (resized).jpg
#35381 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Just the first two for me .
Happy Australia Day everyone

IMG_20230126_143046 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_143046 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_191630 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_191630 (resized).jpg
#35382 1 year ago

How about a motorbike themed machine based on The Goose

The Goose (resized).jpgThe Goose (resized).jpgThe Goose 2 (resized).jpgThe Goose 2 (resized).jpgjimgoose_mm4 (resized).jpgjimgoose_mm4 (resized).jpg
#35383 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

[quoted image]

The Toecutter said he will be happy with part 1

There is enough content to make an epic MAD MAX pin.

1 and 2 are the best...

Kundalini wants his hand back !

Happy Australia Day !

mad (resized).jpgmad (resized).jpg
#35384 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

How about a motorbike themed machine based on The Goose
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_20230126_210157 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_210157 (resized).jpg
#35385 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Kundalini wants his hand back !

That line always cracks me up

IMG_20230126_210901 (resized).jpgIMG_20230126_210901 (resized).jpg
#35386 1 year ago

The Nielsen numbers for most streamed TV shows of 2022 came out. I think updating the Stranger Things pinball is a no-brainer. Also, how about Seinfeld? A comedy from Stern would be a new and welcome direction.

top streaming content 2022 (resized).jpgtop streaming content 2022 (resized).jpg
#35387 1 year ago

What was the last "original" pin? I get it that themes dominate and was trying to think of the last original themed pin. Was it TNA?

#35388 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

What was the last "original" pin? I get it that themes dominate and was trying to think of the last original themed pin. Was it TNA?

AP Oktoberfest was after TNA, Legends of Valhalla was 2021.

#35389 1 year ago

Drained is the most recent original game. If for some reason you don't want to count 3rd party P3 add-on titles and just count fully complete non-licensed then I think it's Legends of Valhalla.

#35390 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

AP Oktoberfest was after TNA, Legends of Valhalla was 2021.

Black Knight SOR is a sequel to an original theme, I think that should count too. And we have Galactic Tank Force coming out soon. There are quite a few options for collectors that like original themes.

#35391 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Black Knight SOR is a sequel to an original theme

It's older though, even if you count it. Since the question was what was the last one. But sure, even though it's the third game in a trilogy of sorts it's not a license. Return of the Jedi was still an original Star Wars movie.

#35392 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But sure, even though it's the third game in a trilogy of sorts it's not a license.

Absolutely a license (Bally/Williams through Planetary)

#35393 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

By that definition all of the Chicago gaming remakes are also licensed themes because CGC paid to license them. Gene's Big Bang Bar too since they licensed it from Capcom.

#35394 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

By that definition all of the Chicago gaming remakes are also licensed themes because CGC paid to license them. Gene's Big Bang Bar too since they licensed it from Capcom.

Of course

#35395 1 year ago

Does anyone really care that Steve Ritchie’s third game in his original series had to have the name licensed because another company he didn’t work anymore for owned it?

Yes, it’s a licensed name. It’s still an original game which is what we’re actually discussing.

#35396 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

By definition, yes. Well done!

By comparison or what was actually meant, not at all.

In addition:
It‘s still Steve Ritchies baby, but he holds no rights to it/ the name. But the license was ‚free‘, or at least that‘s what Planetary Pinball said they‘d want if he ever does a new one.

So basically you compare the license of a multi million dollar franchise to a free license noone cares about, by it‘s original creator.

#35397 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

Genuinely curious. Would anyone be interested in a John Wick pin?

Absolutely! I thought Borg would have done this already, Ironman but on Steroids!

Magnets and drops to fight back at the player, a super tight shot like the amp on avatar for head shots, combos galore!!

I would be seriously interested but keep it to the first two films the 3rd was a little over stuffed.

There is also some great artwork out there for John Wick.

#35398 1 year ago

So glad I can make my own games. Ticking off my wish list 1 month at a time. Mad Max has been on my radar for some time now, now that would be epic.

#35399 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The Nielsen numbers for most streamed TV shows of 2022 came out. I think updating the Stranger Things pinball is a no-brainer. Also, how about Seinfeld? A comedy from Stern would be a new and welcome direction.
[quoted image]

Can't wait for the NCIS pin

#35400 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

cobra-kai-wallpaper-ixpap-8 (resized).jpgcobra-kai-wallpaper-ixpap-8 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 708 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/708?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.