Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 706 of 938.
#35251 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

All the conversation about music pins made me curious about the data versus opinions. I started looking at album sales of Foo Fighters versus Black Sabbath but it's apples and oranges considering that people don't buy albums anymore, so I looked at Spotify data. Obviously, that would skew towards a younger band, so that's not fair either. But I went ahead and highlighted the artists that have machines in red, artists that have been rumored in green, and artists that have come up in the last week or so in this thread in purple.
Personally I would buy either Foo Fighters or Black Sabbath if they were as well done as Rush. I still don't really understand why Stern would choose to make a Venom machine but if it's Brian Eddy with Ozzy music then I will definitely put my order in.
[quoted image]

In Other words, Foo still not happening!

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n (resized).jpg14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n (resized).jpg
#35252 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Maybe the new Stern will be a Bond SSLE.

It will be based on a Prem/LE and will have Goldfinger artwork AND include the Goldfinger song for $30k.

#35254 1 year ago

Time for a 4th Elvira!!!

elvira-mistress-of-the-dark (resized).jpgelvira-mistress-of-the-dark (resized).jpg
#35255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Time for a 4th Elvira!!![quoted image]

Talk about pissing some people off.

Guarantee it sells more than Foo..

#35256 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Time for a 4th Elvira!!!

Nah. The current Elvira trilogy is near about perfection.

#35257 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Maybe the new Stern will be a Bond SSLE.

That actually could happen
Look at EHOH SLE, then came the 40th anniversary SLE

#35258 1 year ago

JB 61st anniversary, and they'll make 4 times more

#35259 1 year ago

Fingers crossed for the real reason of Foo Fighters for me, I never get burnt out on a Megadeth song on the radio.

meg (resized).jpgmeg (resized).jpg
#35260 1 year ago

How about for some of our younger members a Duke, John Wayne, inspired pinball? For me it’s Civil War inspired. (Older member)

#35261 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s a terrible idea and why I downvoted your post. Elwin is not leaving Stern anytime soon imo. This is the real world. People don’t quit their jobs because of a single, Pinside over reaction.

My post was saying it's a terrible idea that Keith should leave Stern, so we agree?

To clarify, I was saying it in a joking way. "Keith Elwin should leave Stern if he doesn't want his games released in a timely manner". Saying that if he goes to another company, he'll be waiting a long time for them to put his games into production.

#35262 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

MacGyver for the win. I could see plenty of cheap campy assets used like GZ. Shoot shot combos and such to make gizmos and gadgets to fight bad guys and solve puzzles. Timed wizard mode with precision shots to diffuse the bomb without triggering an explosion. (Stern, thank me later).

I would get one!

#35263 1 year ago
Quoted from EightiesArcade:

How about for some of our younger members a Duke, John Wayne, inspired pinball? For me it’s Civil War inspired. (Older member)

Like Cactus Canyon? Love that game.

#35264 1 year ago

I think they should do a super dark and freaky Cthulhu pin… and commission some death metal band (a la early Opeth) to do original music for it which they can then sell the CD as well.

Everyone wins… especially us.

#35265 1 year ago

I know nobody is feeling a foo fighters pin BUT if was a tenacious d and FF/ Dave Grohl pin, that would be pretty awesome. They’ve collaborated many times together. I think pin’s should have more combination themes like that.

#35266 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

MacGyver for the win. I could see plenty of cheap campy assets used like GZ. Shoot shot combos and such to make gizmos and gadgets to fight bad guys and solve puzzles. Timed wizard mode with precision shots to diffuse the bomb without triggering an explosion. (Stern, thank me later).

If they ever make MacGyver it should look like they made it out of bunch of junk they found laying around the factory - duct tape, paper clips, matches, some loose change etc.

#35267 1 year ago

If we're going to get a Richard Dean Anderson pin...... let it be Stargate SG-1

Stern already has the ring mech they could use for the gate.

SGI-Front (resized).jpgSGI-Front (resized).jpg
#35268 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

In this hobby the youth is certainly mid to late 30s
I’d love to see Stern do another Strange Things pin though as that hits all the right notes for a lot of the age ranges in this hobby.
A follow up/continuation pin would kinda be a first for Stern too, do another stranger things with seasons 3, 4 and 5. That way those with stranger things already will likely buy another for the complete series in pinball form and it gives Stern another crack at the licence keeping it fresh.

Maybe they already have the license. And were planning it after the original. High hopes. But man that'd be cool as hell. Stranger things part 1 and then part 2.

#35269 1 year ago

Seriously GI JOE would have it all. Not from the movies, but the cartoon.

All the characters. Years of material. The possibilities are so wide open yet already lined up for them.

It's nostalgic, it's not too old but not a new stupid cartoon (looking at you Pokemon, although anything can be a great pinball machine).

GI JOE. GO JOE. Because the more you know hahah

#35270 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:Foo-Fighters could be code for a Mr.T pin he is always fighting foos

Rocky III for the win:
0A74A367-0341-4587-A74C-BA7061BB0F78 (resized).jpeg0A74A367-0341-4587-A74C-BA7061BB0F78 (resized).jpeg

#35271 1 year ago

I pity the fool that doesn’t shoot the left ramp.

#35272 1 year ago

It hasn't been mentioned in sometime, dare I say Welk....

#35273 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Foo-Fighters could be code for a Mr.T pin he is always fighting foos

He doesn’t fight them, he takes pity on them

#35274 1 year ago
F4F2FDF4-06E0-400E-A88E-BE4F3E55445C.gifF4F2FDF4-06E0-400E-A88E-BE4F3E55445C.gif
#35275 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

I pity the fool that doesn’t shoot the left ramp.

It’s not a suggestion, it’s a rule fool!

#35276 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

En serio , GI JOE lo tendría todo. No de las películas, sino de los dibujos animados.
Todos los personajes. Años de materia. Las posibilidades están muy abiertas pero ya están alineadas para ellos.
Es nostálgico, no es demasiado viejo, pero no es una nueva caricatura estúpida (mirándote Pokémon, aunque cualquier cosa puede ser una gran máquina de pinball).
GI JOE. VAMOS JOE. Porque cuanto más sabes jajaja

+1..…my dream theme...

#35277 1 year ago

I know people are tired of the comic theme, but since 90% of this thread is baseless speculation, here goes...

It would not surprise me to see a Fantastic Four theme or updated X-Men in the next few years as the characters are introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe. Love it or hate it, huge money in the MCU

Personally, I would like to see someone dip into the DC universe now that it's under new management…green lantern?

#35278 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Personally, I would like to see someone dip into the DC universe now that it's under new management…green lantern?

If they dip into the DC pool again-Superman first-then Justice League, then Flash, followed by Green Lantern.

JL (resized).jpgJL (resized).jpg
#35279 1 year ago

I bought a jukebox to put into my vacation rental, and I've ordered a variety of best of <band> CD's for nice variety.
Listening to Best of Van Halen now, and can't figure out how noone's made a VH pin yet. I'm pretty sure when they were writing their music, they must have been thinking "how could I make this song good for a pinball game"... and then based all their musical decisions on that.

...like any respectable true artists

#35280 1 year ago

I'd be all over Van Halen, Motley Crue, or Foo Fighters. I love a good music pin.

#35281 1 year ago

Van Halen would be better than most of the bands that keep getting mentioned, but that's from the perspective of a 51 year old so...

Still, there have been so many rock band pins I'd rather see something different.

#35282 1 year ago

A Kenny G pin would be amazing!

4AF6FB71-06FE-45AC-82E7-8634208F82AD (resized).jpeg4AF6FB71-06FE-45AC-82E7-8634208F82AD (resized).jpeg
#35283 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

A Kenny G pin would be amazing![quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#35284 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

A Kenny G pin would be amazing![quoted image]

Zamfir. It's all about the pan flute.

#35285 1 year ago

Venom
Foo fighters
Jaws
Indiana jones

#35286 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Venom
Foo fighters
Jaws
Indiana jones

Was that the word from Kaneda?

#35287 1 year ago

I hope we see "Marty and the Pinheads" on a brand new BTTF release in Summer of 23.

#35288 1 year ago

I love Foo Fighters, but really don't know if I would want a Pin for them. But I would dig some Monkeywrench multiball

#35289 1 year ago

Foo Fighters isnt happening! Please...

#35290 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It’s in fact happening. Locked in on an LE.

#35291 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What about Food Fighters?

197C1BFA-2293-4058-90B3-4A7DF69F9601 (resized).png197C1BFA-2293-4058-90B3-4A7DF69F9601 (resized).png
#35292 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

It’s in fact happening. Locked in on an LE.

Bad move, $10,000 by Chrismas. Get one a year later for cheap LEs wont sell out.

#35293 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Bad move, $10,000 by Chrismas. Get one a year later for cheap LEs wont sell out.

Looking like late December before any LE get to distro. Not sure what the March release is but it’s not foo fighters.

#35294 1 year ago

THIS would sell out immediately.

741071-download-free-christmas-vacation-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-mobile (resized).jpg741071-download-free-christmas-vacation-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-mobile (resized).jpg
#35295 1 year ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

THIS would sell out immediately.
[quoted image]

Halloween and Christmas pins brought out front and center of a game room for the holidays
Epic!!

#35296 1 year ago

I'm seeing a lot of people poo pooing Foo Fighters. I'm betting there are VERY few 90's kids that wouldn't want this band.

#35297 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm seeing a lot of people poo pooing Foo Fighters. I'm betting there are VERY few 90's kids that wouldn't want this band.

I'm right here. Someone just do Ramones already please instead of this shitty, dull stadium rock band.

#35298 1 year ago

I'm waiting for Stern to relaunch old themes in new machines. A new Simpsons pin wouldn't have to be based on The Simpsons Pinball Party.

The only dream theme left for me that hasn't been done pinball style is Harry Potter.

#35299 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm waiting for Stern to relaunch old themes in new machines. A new Simpsons pin wouldn't have to be based on The Simpsons Pinball Party.
The only dream theme left for me that hasn't been done pinball style is Harry Potter.

Would love to see Stern run POTC again, same cabinet art, revised translite to accommodate lcd and some new components on PF. Get the song or some clips which JJp couldn’t pull off and you have a HR. Stern seems to have a good relationship with Disney lately so why not.

I still think the ship is one of the best toys in pinball.

#35300 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I'm right here. Someone just do Ramones already please instead of this shitty, dull stadium rock band.

The Ramones never had sales backing them. They never went Platinum (1,000,000 records sold). It took almost 40 years after the release of one their albums to go gold. They did not make a majority of their money from record sales but from merchandise. I think you would have to make your own pin if you wanted that theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 706 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/706?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.