20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 702 of 942.
#35051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Indiana Jones or Avatar would fit that bill. Not interested in another go-round at either. They didn't even finish Crystal Skull on their first release.

Walking Dead was a SAM game that was pretty much awful at release, and became one of the best.

#35052 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Walking Dead was a SAM game that was pretty much awful at release, and became one of the best.

If they redid Walking Dead with Spike2 LCD and other Spike2 features and did a comic book art overlay, that would be very popular. So many people won't have it because of the ugly art package.

BUT, Walking Dead is over and Indy and Avatar both have new movies. Seems more likely it's one of those two original duds.

#35053 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

Elwin doing a Warriors pin.

OMG move over Zilla!!!

Is there any real chance of this?

How would they get away from the Lizzies?

#35054 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

SDTM teased off the next vault being a SAM game. Said it initially wasn’t well received

Im pretty sure they also mentioned it was based off of a movie.

#35055 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

SDTM teased off the next vault being a SAM game. Said it initially wasn’t well received

That could be Avatar or TWD, because initially a TWD was not well received at all until Lyman saved it with phenomenal code.

Avatar still isn’t particularly loved, but I would love to see a spike2 version of Avatar, new layout etc, as fun as the original is for a quick game it doesn’t hold up well to the spike 2 era of games, get the UV lighting kit back from stranger things for Avatar!

#35056 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Im pretty sure they also mentioned it was based off of a movie

At first I thought IJ? Movie coming out-hell yea! then I had another thought-Avaturd! Doh!

#35057 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At first I thought IJ? Movie coming out-hell yea! then I had another thought-Avaturd! Doh!

As much as everyone says its not happening, I'm hoping its Ghostbusters. New movie for that is coming also!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35058 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm hoping its Ghostbusters

Well if we are talking about SAM-Ghostbusters is Spike

May be a vault Ghostbusters? But if I had to guess I would guess Avaturd. SAM game not well received-new movie just released, new Disney dude at the helm-it all adds up

#35059 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well if we are talking about SAM-Ghostbusters is Spike
May be a vault Ghostbusters? But if I had to guess I would guess Avaturd. SAM game not well received-new movie just released, new Disney dude at the helm-it all adds up

Ah you're right, ........disregard.

Kills me though I missed the boat on GB. Now they are at a price out of my reach.

#35060 1 year ago

I vote Ozzy for next Stern music pin, but heard possibly Foo Fighters?

#35061 1 year ago

FOO Fighters

Avaturd

Looks like my money is safe from Stern for the meantime

#35062 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

FOO Fighters
Avaturd
Looks like my money is safe from Stern for the meantime

Venom in March has me excited to see what Eddy/Dwight have in store.

#35063 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Venom in March has me excited to see what Eddy/Dwight have in store

I collect comics, love Marvel but certain franchises do little for me. Deadpool did little for me(especially with bobblehead as main toy-repetitive modes) Venom theme does very little for me-movie was horrid. Now you have me at Eddy/Dwight combo(Mando is masterpiece). Just wish it was not Venom. I still want a Justice League, or a Superman or something. I am somewhat Marveled out-it has to be really special for me to consider.

#35064 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I collect comics, love Marvel but certain franchises do little for me. Deadpool did little for me(especially with bobblehead as main toy-repetitive modes) Venom theme does very little for me-movie was horrid. Now you have me at Eddy/Dwight combo(Mando is masterpiece). Just wish it was not Venom. I still want a Justice League, or a Superman or something. I am somewhat Marveled out-it has to be really special for me to consider.

Huge Marvel collect myself, comics, hot toys, artwork etc.

I wasn’t particularly a big fan of Deadpool but it’s a super fun game and the kids love the silliness of the bobble head.

Yeah those movies were terrible especially the 2nd, that was a train wreck. But comic wise venom is a big win for me; especially if they have a little spidey cameo on there. And according to Gomez it’s Eddy/Dwight + Zombie Yeti so I’m excited for that as I also love Mando, throw in some ZY and it could be great!

Wouldn’t mind a justice league comic version myself. We would have got a superman pin if Snyder hadn’t screwed the pooch on the DCEU.

#35065 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

And according to Gomez it’s Eddy/Dwight + Zombie Yeti so I’m excited for that as I also love Mando, throw in some ZY and it could be great!

Yeah I'm completely burned out on Marvel except Deadpool. I've never seen any of the Venom movies. Maybe if they do the rumored Ozzie music addition to this game and it is the greatest shooting game ever, I might buy one. My educated guess is that FF is Spring and Venom is Fall.

#35066 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ozzie music addition to this game and it is the greatest shooting game ever, I might buy one

You and I are like brothers from another mother-my thoughts exactly.

I will say I poo pood Godzilla because I thought I could not relate to the old cheesy movies. The more I played it-the more the layout grabbed me and theme took a back seat. Makes me think if Stern does a classic King Kong-I will keep my eyes open this time.

#35067 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Seems like Stern is all caught up except for 007, which is expected.

I don't think they are caught up at all, the only machines still in production and widely available in stock are Mando and Rush, everything else still in production you're going to have to wait for.

#35068 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I'm completely burned out on Marvel except Deadpool. I've never seen any of the Venom movies. Maybe if they do the rumored Ozzie music addition to this game and it is the greatest shooting game ever, I might buy one. My educated guess is that FF is Spring and Venom is Fall.

Gomez said Dwight/Eddy in March and they’ve been rumoured to be on Venom for a long time, conic based thankfully and not the terrible movies. If it was the movies I would have less than zero interest.

#35069 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gomez said Dwight/Eddy in March and they’ve been rumoured to be on Venom for a long time, conic based thankfully and not the terrible movies. If it was the movies I would have less than zero interest.

It has to be based on the comics: The movie would cost more, and you know what Stern thinks about costs.

#35070 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It has to be based on the comics: The movie would cost more, and you know what Stern thinks about costs.

Thankfully in this case it’s a good thing as the movies were beyond terrible, the second has to be one of the worst modern films made.

#35071 1 year ago

The only reason I finished watching the second Venom film was that I was trapped on an airplane with nothing better to do, and it passed the time. If anyone thought licensing that turd was a good idea I'd just laugh.

#35072 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only reason I finished watching the second Venom film was that I was trapped on an airplane with nothing better to do, and it passed the time. If anyone thought licensing that turd was a good idea I'd just laugh.

Not sure I would have stayed on board if that was the only film available

C5796E9A-4BC3-4BB7-AB54-1B73C61F3EE2.gifC5796E9A-4BC3-4BB7-AB54-1B73C61F3EE2.gif
#35073 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they redid Walking Dead with Spike2 LCD and other Spike2 features and did a comic book art overlay, that would be very popular. So many people won't have it because of the ugly art package.
BUT, Walking Dead is over and Indy and Avatar both have new movies. Seems more likely it's one of those two original duds.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Im pretty sure they also mentioned it was based off of a movie.

Y'all are leaving one off. Zach said something along the lines of "they have a new movie coming out," Transformers checks all of these boxes too I believe. My money is on Transformers with the classic art that everybody asked for when it came out with some slight adjustments to the playfield. If they get rid of the weird upper playfield on the premium, they might also get my money.

#35074 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Y'all are leaving one off. Zach said something along the lines of "they have a new movie coming out,"

Tron checks all those boxes. Plus it's been rumored for awhile by some insiders, and was widely panned when it came out (it was my first NiB!). Tron 3 is supposed to be out this year, with Jared Leto starring.

#35075 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

the only machines still in production and widely available in stock are Mando and Rush,

And being one month in to Rush pro ownership, I can definitely recommend it.

Quoted from pinmister:

The more I played it-the more the layout grabbed me and theme took a back seat.

i think this might be true for non Rush fans.

#35076 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Tron checks all those boxes. Plus it's been rumored for awhile by some insiders, and was widely panned when it came out (it was my first NiB!). Tron 3 is supposed to be out this year, with Jared Leto starring.

IMDB says:
In Development
Expected December 19, 2025

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6604188/

#35077 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That could be Avatar or TWD, because initially a TWD was not well received at all until Lyman saved it with phenomenal code.
Avatar still isn’t particularly loved, but I would love to see a spike2 version of Avatar, new layout etc, as fun as the original is for a quick game it doesn’t hold up well to the spike 2 era of games, get the UV lighting kit back from stranger things for Avatar!

TWD was not a movie. TWD is a series. I think Avatar could be a possibility, but my money is on Tron. If they do one at all.

#35078 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TWD was not a movie. TWD is a series. I think Avatar could be a possibility, but my money is on Tron. If they do one at all.

Was TRON poorly received? I thought it was well regarded (to the point of over-rated, IMO).

#35079 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was TRON poorly received? I thought it was well regarded (to the point of over-rated, IMO).

I agree.

#35080 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was TRON poorly received?

From what I recall, it was shat on quite a bit for Stern being cheap, Funhouse rehash, photoshop art, Lonnie code, this is their death knell, etc, etc. I guess it could just be the usual gripes people have when any new Stern comes out.

#35081 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

From what I recall, it was shat on quite a bit for Stern being cheap, Funhouse rehash, photoshop art, Lonnie code, this is their death knell, etc, etc. I guess it could just be the usual gripes people have when any new Stern comes out.

Was Lonnie the lead? IPDB lists Lyman as the lead.

#35082 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was Lonnie the lead? IPDB lists Lyman as the lead.

I thought Lyman finished it off after Lonnie started it. *shrug* It took 2 years to be able to earn an extra ball. It was just a mystery award up to that point.

#35083 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it were TRON I doubt Zach would have said it wasn’t well received. If Zach did say that then I think it rules out TRON.

#35084 1 year ago

Of all the SAM pins that have been suggested, why would Stern run something no one wants to buy? I don't recall seeing anyone craving a new run of Indy, Avatar, Transformers. None of those sell for big $$$ like Tron does.

And MNPinball has only mentioned one of those ....

#35085 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Of all the SAM pins that have been suggested, why would Stern run something no one wants to buy? I don't recall seeing anyone craving a new run of Indy, Avatar, Transformers. None of those sell for big $$$ like Tron does.
And MNPinball has only mentioned one of those ....

If Stern's betting on the theme, Indy and Avatar both are high visibility. TRON not so much.

BUT there's the new TRON ride at Disney making its first appearance stateside after a huge success in China, so mayyyybe?

#35086 1 year ago

I think SAM rerun rumors make zero sense. It’s old tech, there’s no reason to port it over or make old board sets again.

Someone has claimed inside info on a Tron vault every year since they stopped making them.

I have the “vault”, it’s the 3rd run with decals. The Legacy sequel got canceled, the game is done imo.

#35087 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think SAM rerun rumors make zero sense. It’s old tech, there’s no reason to port it over or make old board sets again.
Someone has claimed inside info on a Tron vault every year since they stopped making them.
I have the “vault”, it’s the 3rd run with decals. The Legacy sequel got canceled, the game is done imo.

If they're mining SAM, I'd rather have a TWD update to Spike with the comic art overlay. Very low interest in Indy, Transformers, Avatar, or TRON updates.

And for Whitestar, I still say LotR will print money as a Spike game. The most obvious candidate, with Simpsons close behind.

#35088 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they're mining SAM, I'd rather have a TWD update to Spike with the comic art overlay.

Agreed. Best game of the SAM era in my opinion.

#35089 1 year ago

TRON, Ghostbusters, Walking Dead are all fine by me but I'd like to see better art on Walking Dead and full displays instead of DMDs.

#35090 1 year ago
172FB393-E202-43E3-BDC0-142DA4B1CEFE.gif172FB393-E202-43E3-BDC0-142DA4B1CEFE.gif
#35091 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

TRON, Ghostbusters, Walking Dead are all fine by me but I'd like to see better art on Walking Dead and full displays instead of DMDs.

I've thrown about the idea of selling my Walking Dead Pro at the moment to make way for a new model game, but it's still one of my favourite playing games of all time....as themes go, I no longer care for the tv show. I can't see Stern re-licensing this game now that the show has ended?

Decisions...

#35092 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Poorly received in Australia!

#35093 1 year ago

Hopefully the next theme will be something that 21 to 35 year old would play. I'm getting tired of the senior citizen titles that won't work with my customers.

#35094 1 year ago

I think you are all fogetting one theme that makes a good pin but also had a movie flop at the box office and was to have a new movie in 2023 Star Trek

#35095 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Hopefully the next theme will be something that 21 to 35 year old would play. I'm getting tired of the senior citizen titles that won't work with my customers.

Mando, Stranger Things, Deadpool, TMNT not good enough for your customers? Stern needs sales.. I think the next few games will be targeted at senior citizens. They are mostly the only ones who will be able to afford how much the games will cost.

#35096 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Mando, Stranger Things, Deadpool, TMNT not good enough for your customers? Stern needs sales.. I think the next few games will be targeted at senior citizens. They are mostly the only ones who will be able to afford how much the games will cost.

You mean like how James Bond’s are just flying off the shelf? If Stern can’t figure out how to target and make sales to younger demographics their business will quite literally die out.

#35097 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You mean like how James Bond’s are just flying off the shelf? If Stern can’t figure out how to target and make sales to younger demographics their business will quite literally die out.

Well , old school Godzilla's are .
The younger crowd are into claw machines and shooting games .
When they eventually get bored of those they might find pinball , but probably through friends and family with a pin in their house .

#35098 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When they eventually get bored of those they might find pinball , but probably through friends and family with a pin in their house .

There was a LOT of great exposure at INDISC this weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday the tournament live stream hit the front page of Twitch and that diverted a LOT of traffic to the show live stream. Saturday it peaked at over 13k concurrent viewers. Sunday for the finals it hit over 16k viewers.

In chat there were a lot of questions from people who had little or no exposure to pinball previously. Karl and co did a GREAT job with the production, so people that checked it out got a very professional presentation that looked great with excellent commentary pretty much all weekend.

INDISC 2023-01-15 viewers (resized).jpgINDISC 2023-01-15 viewers (resized).jpg
#35099 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Kind of agree, I have a daughter and 8 nieces and nephews only 3 of them love the pinball machines. And 2 REALLY love them , enough to create an IC ID to log in with. We just need enough to keep carrying the torch!

#35100 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Kind of agree, I have a daughter and 8 nieces and nephews only 3 of them love the pinball machines. And 2 REALLY love them , enough to create an IC ID to log in with. We just need enough to keep carrying the torch!

Curious , how did they discover pinball , through an arcade or you .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

16,500 (Firm)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 702 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/702 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.