20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 701 of 942.
#35001 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

A fantasy RPG version where you can make your own character would be even cooler, pick your class but also get to customize their name, appearance, and maybe find cool gear in-game by completing quests or simple random awards. Theme it after Skyrim, Diablo, D&D, etc... Add a co-op "adventure party" mode. If I had the skills and time to make a home-brew pin I'd be tempted to do it myself

Great idea…as long as it’s more Skyrim and not Elden Ring…that m’fer would have the tightest shots on the planet and go stdm if you didn’t plunge juuust right.

#35002 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

sorry for the noob question, but what's the Disney/Stern connection? I keep seeing reference to the "Disney" guy (usually derisively). Is that Gary Stern somehow?

seth davis (resized).PNGseth davis (resized).PNG
#35003 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Maybe a vault this year?

Vaults are usually put into the production schedule to keep the line going, I think Godzilla will keep Stern busy until 2030 at this rate.

#35004 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No third cornerstone this year, according to George on a couple of the podcasts he said 2 cornerstones this year. Eddy/Dwight and Danger/Tanio with ZY on the art for both.

Has Danger been promoted to cornerstone titles? I assumed the Danger game was another HomePin.

Also 2 cornerstones doesn't mean there couldn't be a vault (or Kapow?) release.

#35005 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Has Danger been promoted to cornerstone titles? I assumed the Danger game was another HomePin.

Just going off what George Gomez said on a couple podcasts.

2 cornerstones, Eddy & Dwight with Zombie Yeti and Danger & Tanio with Zombie Yeti.

I guess most of Bonds production will be done early this year and they can’t keep up with Godzilla. Always happy to see more titles though but going of Gomez it sounds like a lean year again like 22.

#35006 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes, it's a cornerstone.

Quoted from Damonator:

Correct. Gomez suggested that they might run Stranger Things again but I'm guessing that wouldn't happen until the final season is released in 2024.

#35007 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yes, it's a cornerstone.

Correct. Gomez suggested that they might run Stranger Things again but I'm guessing that wouldn't happen until the final season is released in 2024.

I would rather see a new stranger things with season 3, 4 and 5 once it’s released. That would be all kinds of epic!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35008 1 year ago

At the prices they are going for, Stranger Things vault would be just them printing money. Though I think it depends also highly on if their license for ST even allows them to do it or they would need to spend big money on more.

#35009 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

At the prices they are going for, Stranger Things vault would be just them printing money. Though I think it depends also highly on if their license for ST even allows them to do it or they would need to spend big money on more.

Get a new license, use the same physical game design/art (with tweaks, as needed), update the code with some new video and possibly new modes and they are good to go. Why spend hundreds of thousands of $ on a new game design/art/code if they have one that works with a title that is in demand?

#35010 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Ghostbusters was queued up to be the next vault - but that was their plan a year ago - I suppose they could pivot to Stranger Things, but doubt they would expand it to include more seasons as all the artwork/inserts are tied to Season 1/2.

#35011 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ghostbusters was queued up to be the next vault - but that was their plan a year ago - I suppose they could pivot to Stranger Things, but doubt they would expand it to include more seasons as all the artwork/inserts are tied to Season 1/2.

I saw the rumor about GB, and there is a new movie expected to be released on December 20, 2023, but doesn't it seem unlikely that they make more of a DMD game (vs. the current architecture)?

#35012 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I saw the rumor about GB, and there is a new movie expected to be released on December 20, 2023, but doesn't it seem unlikely that they make more of a DMD game (vs. the current architecture)?

But what if they could vault GB/Tron/LOTR *with* LCD on Spike2?

I heard a rumor that they like money at Stern. Vault LCD on those titles would be fat stacks of it.

#35013 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would rather see a new stranger things with season 3, 4 and 5 once it’s released. That would be all kinds of epic!!

That would be cool, but they never updated Game of Thrones for newer content from seasons after the pin came out, so seems unlikely. HOWEVER, the Duffer Bros are big pinball fans, so maybe they're pushing for it. That could help.

#35014 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Vaults are usually put into the production schedule to keep the line going, I think Godzilla will keep Stern busy until 2030 at this rate.

The market is saturated with gz premiums. Won't be surprised if this is the last year that they make them.

#35015 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

The market is saturated with gz premiums. Won't be surprised if this is the last year that they make them.

Interesting. I'm certainly seeing them available but how do define saturated?

#35016 1 year ago

Might be saturated in 2023 but I couldn't easily buy one used for less than NIB MSRP in 2022, so that would imply a shortage of this popular game relative to demand.

#35017 1 year ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

but how do define saturated?

The technical term is a " shitload "

IMG_20230115_030947 (resized).jpgIMG_20230115_030947 (resized).jpg
#35018 1 year ago

Saturated is not based on how many are out there alone. It is hard to have the market saturated with keepers. Gz is definitely a keeper and we have not reached saturation yet. On the other hand look at a game like GNR. Tons of them out there used for well below MSRP including CEs and tons NIB at distributors. Stern made a boatload of Mandalorians last year when they were short on parts for other machines. That market hit saturation before the topper came out.

#35019 1 year ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Interesting. I'm certainly seeing them available but how do define saturated?

I mean flooded with them. I think people are going to start selling their's pretty soon. I'm thinking about selling mine in a month. Unless the revenue picks up again.

#35020 1 year ago

So, if true, would this indicate gz is a honeymoon pin? And once honeymoon is over reality sets in that it just makes a good first impression?

#35021 1 year ago

When I start seeing a lot of used Godzillas for sale, and they don’t immediately sell once they’re listed, I’ll believe the market is saturated.

Until then it’s all conjecture. Nobody has any data. We have no clue how many Stern has really sold, nor how many the market can hold.

With the old games we have data, but now the sales numbers are all fog of warred, we just guess blindly.

#35022 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Saturated is not based on how many are out there alone. It is hard to have the market saturated with keepers. Gz is definitely a keeper and we have not reached saturation yet. On the other hand look at a game like GNR. Tons of them out there used for well below MSRP including CEs and tons NIB at distributors. Stern made a boatload of Mandalorians last year when they were short on parts for other machines. That market hit saturation before the topper came out.

Also just like GNR people were asking more than msrp on LEs and then the price dropped. I think the same will happen for gz premiums.

#35023 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Also just like GNR people were asking more than msrp on LEs and then the price dropped. I think the same will happen for gz premiums.

It's all about the wait times .
GNR is available in stock , once Godzilla's are in stock , the second hand market will drop but when they are no longer made , prices will rise .

#35024 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Theme I haven’t heard mentioned but I think would be awesome is Wayne’s World/Wayne’s World 2. Produce a show, save the girlfriend, collect bands, put on a rock concert. Cross your T’s and dot your... lower case j’s. Lol. Also football phone multiball or ballroom blitz multiball. Game ooooon, game onnnn! Party time, excellent!

Schwing! Maybe there could be an SNL Wizard Mode?

#35025 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I’ll take Wayne’s World all day over Bill and Ted. Wayne’s World has actual humor in it. Great movies, neither are really relevant now though.

I was at an arcade this past Thursday and the bartender (maybe late 20's) was wearing a Wayne's World hat. So it's definitely still out there.

They could have the Pacer with flames in it - that starts Bohemian Rhapsody...

Maybe another shot that plays the first few bars of Stairway to Heaven ... and then a "No Stairway" callout.

#35026 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but if they did a vault would they do LE, Premium and Pro? Or just Premium and Pro?

#35027 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

A lot of NIB buyers never keep a game more than a year, so there will always be a lot of turnover while the game it still available new for the first couple of years. Gz will surely saturate soon at this rate, but keepers like that will always hold value better than average games. Even if it ends up being kept by the second or third buyer, it is still a keeper. There are 21,000 TAFs and TAFGs out there and the price is still stupidly high...

#35028 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but if they did a vault would they do LE, Premium and Pro? Or just Premium and Pro?

Vaults are premiums and pros.

#35029 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Might be saturated in 2023 but I couldn't easily buy one used for less than NIB MSRP in 2022, so that would imply a shortage of this popular game relative to demand.

Meh. They're out there. I sold a Pro and then a Premium each with very low plays for less than MSRP when I was done with them.

#35030 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Never an LE. I can't think of ever vaulting an LE. AC/DC had TWO LE machine flavors (Back in Black LE, and Let there be Rock LE), but the LTBR wasn't a vault.

#35031 1 year ago

This has probably been mentioned before but Wallace & Gromit would be a great theme, probably for a smaller company like Spooky. Lots of content to work with.

#35032 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never an LE. I can't think of ever vaulting an LE. AC/DC had TWO LE machine flavors (Back in Black LE, and Let there be Rock LE), but the LTBR wasn't a vault.

Wouldn't EHOH 40th be like an SLE vault?

#35033 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. They're out there. I sold a Pro and then a Premium each with very low plays for less than MSRP when I was done with them.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that every single Godzilla that's been sold new so far has never changed hands since. But there's clearly more demand than the market can currently satisfy. Will that tap out this year? Who knows!

All we have are anecdotes, and very little actual data.

Prices might be insane, but at least Stern is seeing that innovative layouts and mechanically interesting games with permissible licenses sell. Godzilla has me wondering if $10k is actually too much. (It is, but still ...)

#35034 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that every single Godzilla that's been sold new so far has never changed hands since.

I was more pointing out that >MSRP+ used HUO isn't always the case for GZ pricing.

#35035 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Wouldn't EHOH 40th be like an SLE vault?

It's usually not a vault until it's IN the vault and pulled out. EHOH never left the "active" list.

#35036 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's usually not a vault until it's IN the vault and pulled out. EHOH never left the "active" list.

Fair enough. Just thought EHOH SLEs & LEs were already vaulted. Then they did another SLE with the 40th. Other than different powder coat it's exactly like the SLE signature and all. Just for ggg71's question about if LEs are ever remade. Sorry

#35037 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Fair enough. Just thought EHOH SLEs & LEs were already vaulted. Then they did another SLE with the 40th. Other than different powder coat it's exactly like the SLE signature and all. Just for ggg71's question about if LEs are ever remade. Sorry

Plus I think Stern adjusts the "rules" as needed to unleash more cash. So what's true for vaults/special versions today may not be true tomorrow.

#35038 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

My turn for a “dumb” question…. LOL. (I was wondering the same thing…)

Do they ever make and release more toppers?

I’d love one for my SW - but not willing to fork out $3k (or whatever they go for these days…)

#35039 1 year ago
Quoted from scubadiver6:

My turn for a “dumb” question…. LOL. (I was wondering the same thing…)
Do they ever make and release more toppers?
I’d love one for my SW - but not willing to fork out $3k (or whatever they go for these days…)

They have done reruns of toppers, but not after a game is retired from the active list. Star Wars is still active, but I don't know what the licensing is like on the topper, so not sure what the odds of a SW topper re-run are.

#35040 1 year ago

I think a beach boys pin would sell even better than the beatles. Girls, hotrods and surfin would make for some fun gameplay, not to mention the great songs.

#35041 1 year ago

I would have thought the new Wednesday series would be great for a new addams family clone

#35042 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus I think Stern adjusts the "rules" as needed to unleash more cash. So what's true for vaults/special versions today may not be true tomorrow.

Well that's for sure! For those of us that bought EHOH SLE's thinking they were 1/50, then they stuck one up our rear and pounded out 200 more a couple yrs later for the anniversary. Go figure $

I'll most likely get beat up for saying this :/
But beware 007 60th buyers

#35043 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They have done reruns of toppers, but not after a game is retired from the active list. Star Wars is still active, but I don't know what the licensing is like on the topper, so not sure what the odds of a SW topper re-run are.

Star Wars toppers were limited and had numbered plates. No chance for remake there. Shame because it really completed the game and is the second best Stern topper ever.

#35044 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

This has probably been mentioned before but Wallace & Gromit would be a great theme, probably for a smaller company like Spooky. Lots of content to work with.

Is it all all spooky though.

#35045 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

so not sure what the odds of a SW topper re-run are.

For whatever reason, SW is the only topper that's been a limited edition.

8F95142B-36FE-4856-9019-FD0849E27013 (resized).jpeg8F95142B-36FE-4856-9019-FD0849E27013 (resized).jpeg

#35046 1 year ago

SDTM teased off the next vault being a SAM game. Said it initially wasn’t well received

#35047 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

SDTM teased off the next vault being a SAM game. Said it initially wasn’t well received

Sounds like Metallica to me! Jokes aside.. Tron could be a reality

I cannot see Stern doing any vaults this year unless they are super expensive. Stern have too many backorders to fill and move the factory at the same time.

#35048 1 year ago

So, I was thinking with Christine, they could have a fog machine emitting when you enter the mode to purchase the car and drive it to “Darnell’s”
George Thorogood’s bad too the bone would go great when the start button is pushed.

#35049 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sounds like Metallica to me! Jokes aside.. Tron could be a reality
I cannot see Stern doing any vaults this year unless they are super expensive. Stern have too many backorders to fill and move the factory at the same time.

Seems like Stern is all caught up except for 007, which is expected.

#35050 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Indiana Jones or Avatar would fit that bill. Not interested in another go-round at either. They didn't even finish Crystal Skull on their first release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 701 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/701 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.