51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 700 of 941.
#34951 1 year ago

Theme I haven’t heard mentioned but I think would be awesome is Wayne’s World/Wayne’s World 2. Produce a show, save the girlfriend, collect bands, put on a rock concert. Cross your T’s and dot your... lower case j’s. Lol. Also football phone multiball or ballroom blitz multiball. Game ooooon, game onnnn! Party time, excellent!

#34952 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Lulz...no matter what happens in the future...we will always have the original trilogy. [quoted image]

You have watched these way too many times!

#34953 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Theme I haven’t heard mentioned but I think would be awesome is Wayne’s World/Wayne’s World 2. Produce a show, save the girlfriend, collect bands, put on a rock concert. Cross your T’s and dot your... lower case j’s. Lol. Also football phone multiball or ballroom blitz multiball. Game ooooon, game onnnn! Party time, excellent!

And everytime you hit the scoop, you hear "If you're going to spew....spew into this."

#34954 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

And everytime you hit the scoop, you hear "If you're going to spew....spew into this."

For locks before it’s lit, “We’re supposed to be in there!” “No you’re not” “My girlfriend is in there!” “Hey, a lot of people’s girlfriends are in there.” “DENIED...”

#34956 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Who cares about a
Snl knock off skit turned to movies of Bill and Ted's. Do Bill and Ted's. Better theme and intergenerational to pinball.

#34957 1 year ago

For bands, the most iconic and great classic band to not have a pin is Deff Leppard.

#34958 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

For bands, the most iconic and great classic band to not have a pin is Deff Leppard.

Well thats a bit of a hot take.

#34959 1 year ago

Who the hell is DEFF Leppard?

#34960 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

TPN a while ago gave a very heavy hint that one of the smaller companies (Dutch or American or Pinball Bros or something) was making it. The hint was something like "We're not worthy".

#34961 1 year ago

Perhaps he means the New Wave of British Heavy Metal band....
Def Leppard ?

But if he was such a fan, he would probably know how to spell it....

So it must be local Florida thing.... perhaps a Leppard rescue sanctuary ?

F F F Foolin !

#34962 1 year ago

How's this one come along over the past 6 months?

https://twitter.com/D34thSt4lker/status/1540126668324470784

#34963 1 year ago

It was just a rethemed Heavy Metal. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a just one-off or teeny run machine of a few dozen. Given the dump Bored Ape NFTs (and NFTs in general) have taken, maybe they pawned the one and only machine for rent money.

#34964 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Who cares about a
Snl knock off skit turned to movies of Bill and Ted's. Do Bill and Ted's. Better theme and intergenerational to pinball.

I’ll take Wayne’s World all day over Bill and Ted. Wayne’s World has actual humor in it. Great movies, neither are really relevant now though.

#34965 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

But if he was such a fan, he would probably know how to spell it....

Or at least Google it and then copy and paste the correct spelling.

#34966 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I’ll take Wayne’s World all day over Bill and Ted. Wayne’s World has actual humor in it. Great movies, neither are really relevant now though.

Yes! Saw Bill & Ted when I was younger, but Wayne's World was my first year of high school and still love watching it and so quotable....why do we need relevancy in pinball when nostalgia sells?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34967 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

..why do we need relevancy in pinball when nostalgia sells?

Exactly .
Especially since Gary Stern said the home market makes up 70% of sales now and I would guess the bulk of buyers would be in the 40 to 60 age range .

#34968 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

If he was such a fan, he would probably know how to spell Def Leppard.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Or at least Google it and then copy and paste the correct spelling.

Could have been worse. He could have made it into deaf leper, which is definitely not a good theme for pinball.

#34969 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was just a rethemed Heavy Metal. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a just one-off or teeny run machine of a few dozen. Given the dump Bored Ape NFTs (and NFTs in general) have taken, maybe they pawned the one and only machine for rent money.

Seemed more elaborate than that. Believe it had LCD and custom programming.

Agree that it's not some big thing. Was just a surprise since not (I don't believe) acknowledged by Stern and seemed more elaborate than the standard commissioned pin. Was wondering what's the deal out of curiosity.

#34970 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Seemed more elaborate than that. Believe it had LCD and custom programming.
Agree that it's not some big thing. Was just a surprise since not (I don't believe) acknowledged by Stern and seemed more elaborate than the standard commissioned pin. Was wondering what's the deal out of curiosity.

Yeah, you and me both. Wonder how much money they threw at it to add the LCD and custom programming over and above the usual "The Pin" package. Weird how it just randomly showed up, and then completely disappeared.

#34971 1 year ago

A rework of The Walking Dead with comic book style art with an expensive limited black and white variant.

Or give us another (this time affordable) single lvl game that’s a sequel to Centaur. I wanna see that art!

#34972 1 year ago

Can we get a better Star Wars? The biggest theme in the galaxy has one of the most underwhelming pins and the other one is too specific like (TS4)

#34973 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Can we get a better Star Wars? The biggest theme in the galaxy has one of the most underwhelming pins and the other one is too specific like (TS4)

You talking about these 2 pins?! These are great SW pins! I mean I'll keep buying em but I don't think we need another one just yet.

20220804_202931 (resized).jpg20220804_202931 (resized).jpg
#34974 1 year ago

I'm still waiting for a Wizarding World (Harry Potter) themed Pin to drop. When I see what's happening with the Hogwarts Legacy game coming out in February I think there would be a new Market of people to get into the hobby

#34975 1 year ago

You talking about these 2 pins?! These are great SW pins! I mean I'll keep buying em but I don't think we need another one just yet.[quoted image]

I’m in the same boat. To each their own I guess

C75941FE-C5C0-4563-9717-0989629099B3 (resized).jpegC75941FE-C5C0-4563-9717-0989629099B3 (resized).jpeg
#34976 1 year ago

You talking about these 2 pins?! These are great SW pins! I mean I'll keep buying em but I don't think we need another one just yet.[quoted image]

Same! I look forward to another Star Wars based game one day, but no need right now.

Give this man his dream BTTF already! Lol

#34977 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Same! I look forward to another Star Wars based game one day, but no need right now.
Give this man his dream BTTF already! Lol

FB_IMG_1673412598201 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1673412598201 (resized).jpg
#34978 1 year ago

Update on the JAWS trademark update/renewal: 12/20 Published for opposition by the USPTO...after 30 days if no one challenges the TM, the USPTO will register the mark and send the owner a certificate of registration within 2 months or so.

Then they have 6 months from receiving a certificate of registration to use the trademark in commerce. So with this timeline, the JAWS trademark that Universal applied for, that included using it for pinball, will become available in March, give or take a few weeks......when is the next cornerstone?

#34979 1 year ago

I really would like to see a Mario Bros pin based off the new movie. I would be so happy.

01-smb-dm-mobile-banner-1080x745-rr-f01-092922-633c42ab5bac8-1 (resized).jpg01-smb-dm-mobile-banner-1080x745-rr-f01-092922-633c42ab5bac8-1 (resized).jpg
#34980 1 year ago

I would think Avatar the Last Airbender would be ripe for a pin; super popular with the under 30 crowd, and their parents.

#34981 1 year ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

Update on the JAWS trademark update/renewal: 12/20 Published for opposition by the USPTO...after 30 days if no one challenges the TM, the USPTO will register the mark and send the owner a certificate of registration within 2 months or so.
Then they have 6 months from receiving a certificate of registration to use the trademark in commerce. So with this timeline, the JAWS trademark that Universal applied for, that included using it for pinball, will become available in March, give or take a few weeks......when is the next cornerstone?

If Jaws happens, it will be no sooner than the third cornerstone. That would put it late 2023 or early 2024 or later.

#34982 1 year ago

So…..
Megadeth, then beavis and butthead, then jaws, followed by bttf! Got it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34983 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

So…..
Megadeth, then beavis and butthead, then jaws, followed by bttf! Got it!

Don't hold your breath!

#34984 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I would think Avatar the Last Airbender would be ripe for a pin; super popular with the under 30 crowd, and their parents.

Only if you can get all the achievements in the first 5 minutes.

#34985 1 year ago
BTTF CRU (resized).pngBTTF CRU (resized).png
#34986 1 year ago

Haha...this is fantastic!!!

#34987 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Don't hold your breath!

Only hold your breath under water, or if you encounter a bad fart!

#34988 1 year ago

Haha...this is fantastic!!!

Cru!!!!!!we’re counting on you brother! Pull us through!!

#34989 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Cru!!!!!!we’re counting on you brother! Pull us through!!

It's our density...it's only a matter of time at this point.

#34990 1 year ago

It's our density...it's only a matter of time at this point.

You mean “our destiny” reconstituted.

#34991 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I really would like to see a Mario Bros pin based off the new movie. I would be so happy.
[quoted image]

This would be like the Toy Story 4 of Super Mario pinball machines.

#34992 1 year ago

So if spooky is not doing “Christine””, then maybe stern should dip their hat into something different!

#34993 1 year ago

Oh, wait……
We have Disney involved!! F!!!! Disney!!!

#34994 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

If Jaws happens, it will be no sooner than the third cornerstone. That would put it late 2023 or early 2024 or later.

No third cornerstone this year, according to George on a couple of the podcasts he said 2 cornerstones this year. Eddy/Dwight and Danger/Tanio with ZY on the art for both.

#34995 1 year ago

Probably the coolest fan art so far !

#34996 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

So if spooky is not doing “Christine””, then maybe stern should dip their hat into something different!

Oh man, what a dream horror theme

Could be soooo cool

Just for the record, I was able to give Halloween a good workout at a friends place the other night and I rate it very highly
A great shooting game with a dark theme, hits the spot for me.
When the code gets fully developed it will be a ripper !

20230107_003840_resized (resized).jpg20230107_003840_resized (resized).jpgjc (resized).JPGjc (resized).JPG
#34997 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

This theme spans generations and would be a perfect bridge between old and new players today. I agree with the above though, do not limit yourself to one movie or title, we need the whole enchilada.

Also, themes like Pokemon and D&D with personalized character development would be a huge step forward with IC. Disney-Infinity style toys that can communicate to a machine? Not everyone can buy a NIB machine but surely a LOT more people can afford a character with RFID or custom QR.

I'm 45 and love nostalgia, but I think we need to see some more modern themes and integration to keep growing the market. I think (hope?) the Jack Danger machine is gong to be more along these lines.

#34998 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Also, themes like Pokemon and D&D with personalized character development would be a huge step forward with IC. Disney-Infinity style toys that can communicate to a machine? Not everyone can buy a NIB machine but surely a LOT more people can afford a character with RFID or custom QR.

Interesting idea. A game with lots of characters like PotC but by default you only have access to a few or maybe you can use most/all of them but can't level them up. To do that you have to scan your figure and it keeps your experience and online ranking. TMNT already has a way to keep your turtle's training level between plays through IC so the foundation is there.

A fantasy RPG version where you can make your own character would be even cooler, pick your class but also get to customize their name, appearance, and maybe find cool gear in-game by completing quests or simple random awards. Theme it after Skyrim, Diablo, D&D, etc... Add a co-op "adventure party" mode. If I had the skills and time to make a home-brew pin I'd be tempted to do it myself

#34999 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No third cornerstone this year, according to George on a couple of the podcasts he said 2 cornerstones this year. Eddy/Dwight and Danger/Tanio with ZY on the art for both.

Maybe a vault this year?

#35000 1 year ago

sorry for the noob question, but what's the Disney/Stern connection? I keep seeing reference to the "Disney" guy (usually derisively). Is that Gary Stern somehow?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 700 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/700?hl=stlokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.