Topic Stats

• 7,131 posts
  • 856 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 715 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200224_203832 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
402B5124-95F3-42E8-A674-D6DBFF13E14E.gif
07e76b163f705f552b377b297f38f13f (resized).jpg
7549F73A-02CA-497F-8D9F-C1A185980F0F (resized).jpeg
4EFEF544-5FE1-4620-A028-98349BFA4303 (resized).jpeg
4E07F09B-95DE-488D-A2B2-39942B750A17 (resized).jpeg
S3 (resized).jpg
S2 (resized).jpg
F4F02BFF-9B6D-48ED-A714-5FC2FF026950.gif
1228DFDA-64AC-41E7-8584-EEB30C3A0C9F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200219-135915_Facebook (resized).jpg
245D0A9A-29F0-4692-9B59-C229DBC960CA (resized).jpeg
2F676DB4-C0D0-43F2-9FFD-10B81FD937DE (resized).jpeg

There are 7131 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 143.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He is after all still very relevant.
ยป YouTube video

And has hair like a middle-aged lesbian.
And sings like he's constipated.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Only compared to the first two of the middle 3. Compared to the others, it still sucked.

I thought it was great, after the OG 3 its by far the best of the series, the new one really didn't do anything for me at all.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was great, after the OG 3 its by far the best of the series, the new one really didn't do anything for me at all.

Did they show different versions in Canada???

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And has hair like a middle-aged lesbian.
And sings like he's constipated.

But he's got the power to turn back time...

Isn't that what most on here want?

#305 3 years ago

If Stern makes Aerosmith, I hope it's just a re-branding of The Rolling Stones, and they replace "Mick on a stick" with the head of Steven Tyler. The entire purpose of the game would be to bash him in the face, maybe knock off his wig and makeup. I might actually play that a few times.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

If Stern makes Aerosmith, I hope it's just a re-branding of The Rolling Stones, and they replace "Mick on a stick" with the head of Steven Tyler. The entire purpose of the game would be to bash him in the face, maybe knock off his wig and makeup. I might actually play that a few times.

Maybe they will re brand Kiss instead. His mouth is the only one as big as Gene's.

#307 3 years ago

Sure we all know that Aerosmith is next by now and Star Wars is way out on the horizon, but as Yoda said

000_(resized).jpg

#308 3 years ago

I am still wondering if Stern will do a Fast and Furious pinball. I heard that they had obtained the license-not sure if it was a rumor? They may have put it on hold or cancelled plans due to Paul Walkers death? Who knows now that they are moving forward with a Fast and Furious 8?

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did they show different versions in Canada???

Nope, I never understood why people didn't like the 3rd one? It was dark and action packed, showed the birth of both Vader and the Emperor but then again I route for the Empire in those films so I guess that helps.

VaderEmperor_(resized).jpg

#310 3 years ago

So, Slayer was a smoke screen? Digital table or Stern have the Slayer license and will release a pinball in the future? On track for Aerosmith still?

And then...Star Wars more likely for later than March 2017?

Most likely:
Aerosmith
Batman '66

New rumor:
Elvira 3

Future:
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

Possible future that Stern mentioned a lot on Facebook and then people forgot:
Guardians of the Galaxy

Pins that people really want that will probably happen if it keeps getting mentioned: Jaws

Rumors that fizzled out:
The Fast and the Furious
Superman
Resident Evil
Mad Max

Pins that really should happen after all the posters, banners, marketing that I've seen lately that are begging for Stern Pinball: Suicide Squad.

#311 3 years ago

Star Wars pin is going to be hard to pull off. There are already 7 movies and more to come. I don't see it coming together well and high probability that Stern will phone it in. Easy sell on theme alone.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Games I would love to see made:
Jaws based only on the Spielberg movie.

Quoted from underlord:

Next Gen gamers will have their time in pinball....but not yet.
Now, someone mentioned Jaws??

Quoted from frankie898:

After watching JAWS again with my wife on the 4th of July, i would love to see this made into a pin. And its one of my wifes favorite movies, so she would be all in on getting one lol

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

JAWS please! Easy theme to translate into a pinball machine. C'mon Stern make it happen!!!

Quoted from ahdelarge:

Pins that people really want that will probably happen if it keeps getting mentioned: Jaws

OK I guess I'll mention it again.... JAWS.

JAWS_STERN-POSTER_(resized).png

#313 3 years ago

Jaws? What about Sharknado?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think it would only be fair to compare it to "Jaws 19" which was more recent than 1975, I think Jaws 19 if I recall came out sometime in 2015.

And sure we all know about Stern's most recent Pabst Can Crusher... but really... wasn't it Quint who did the best (Narragansett) Can Crushing in 1975 ...

death_battle___jaws_19_v_s_sharknado_by_badboylol-d9dvfhw_(resized).png
quint_crushing_(resized).jpg

#crushitlikequint_(resized).jpg

#315 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nope, I never understood why people didn't like the 3rd one? It was dark and action packed, showed the birth of both Vader and the Emperor but then again I route for the Empire in those films so I guess that helps.

Watch all of this, then come back and we'll talk.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope not. Not another outdated theme.
How bout something people living in the now might want?

You mean like hipster/Millennials?

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're wrong on this one, Odie. Star Wars is a theme that has survived for 40 years now, and is more popular than ever with the new movie reboots.
Target date: March 2017, by many accounts (after Aerosmith).

Could be a Rouge One pin. Unusual choice, but maybe not. Ritchie may be waiting until the new trilogy is done to do a pin about that. Rouge One is a self contained anthology movie.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I route for the Empire too for the last 36 years but to me the story was : Darth Vader tracked and killed all the Jedi. Revenge of the Sith showed me a crying Anakin uncertain about his future. Really not a dominating winner in my book. So be it.....it's the story now an no one can imagine anything else.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Revenge of the Sith showed me a crying Anakin uncertain about his future. Really not a dominating winner in my book. So be it.....it's the story now an no one can imagine anything else.

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Watch all of this, then come back and we'll talk

Yeah I understand but like the outrage towards Prometheus for whatever reasons I just don't care, its a movie and the 3rd one was highly entertaining for me as was Prometheus and while I really enjoy SW and Aliens etc. its makes zero difference to me regarding being faithful to the story line and all that jazz, I love the first ST film "Kirk Unit" its my favorite after W of K and I love the 5th one as well but the ST geeks for the most part really frown upon them, why? I guess if you will actually go to a convention then you are into it on a higher level, well a different level as my love for ST runs deep, if I'm entertained for that hour or 2 then that's all that matters.

#321 3 years ago

Deadpool, Deadpool, omg please be Deadpool!

#322 3 years ago

Not to go too far back but isn't it supposed to be an original title Lawlor was working on at one point?

All indications point to Wizard Blocks. Haven't had a magic based pin since ToM.

#323 3 years ago

Being a lover of Disney I'd love to see them collaborate with Disney to produce a Haunted mansion themed pinball. There's a ton of inspiration in the ride. PoTC is a keeper in my collection. The hatbox ghost, the skinny dog, tomb stone drop targets, 999 ghouls, madam Leota's floating head.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman71:

Being a lover of Disney I'd love to see them collaborate with Disney to produce a Haunted mansion themed pinball. There's a ton of inspiration in the ride. PoTC is a keeper in my collection. The hatbox ghost, the skinny dog, tomb stone drop targets, 999 ghouls, madam Leota's floating head.

Disney World or Disneyland. Have the whole park under glass.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not to go too far back but isn't it supposed to be an original title Lawlor was working on at one point?
All indications point to Wizard Blocks. Haven't had a magic based pin since ToM.

Not to nitpick, but Pinball Magic by Capcom was released 3 months after ToM.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Then to get the complete disneyland experience 1000 ball multi ball.

#327 3 years ago

Wayback_(resized).jpg

#328 3 years ago

Sixteen candles. Long duck dong skill shot

#329 3 years ago

I think it's too early for a new Star Wars pin. The force awakens, while visually entertaining, was pretty weak. The plot goes like this, where is Luke Skywalker? A resistance planet gets blown up. Kylo Ren kills and betrays his father, Han Solo. The resistance destroys a newly built Death Star. The resistance find Luke Skywalker standing on top of a mountain. The end.

Not a lot of material to base a pin around. Maybe after the next 2 installments there will be some juicy material, but the force hasn't even "awakened," ...yet.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Not a lot of material to base a pin around.

Unless they base it on episodes 4, 5 and 6.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

2 hour wait mode. Express Pass hurryup. Fireworks feature, followed by traffic jam.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Not to nitpick, but Pinball Magic by Capcom was released 3 months after ToM.

But was in dev. Way Before Tom was even considered right?

#333 3 years ago

Heavy Metal Parking Lot!

Heavy_Metal_Parking_Lot_movie_poster_(resized).jpg

#334 3 years ago

I was talking to Lyman at Pinburgh, and he sort of let it slip that he's working on the code for the next game. After seeing the massive pre-orders and overall success of Ghostbusters, Stern is going to continue capitalizing on the nostalgia factor.

I was asked not to tell anyone, but hell, I didn't sign an NDA...

Stern's next game is Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I was talking to Lyman at Pinburgh, and he sort of let it slip that he's working on the code for the next game. After seeing the massive pre-orders and overall success of Ghostbusters, Stern is going to continue capitalizing on the nostalgia factor.
I was asked not to tell anyone, but hell, I didn't sign an NDA...
Stern's next game is Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Oh boy!

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Stern is going to continue capitalizing on the nostalgia factor.

Wonderful.

th_(resized).jpg

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Sharknado 4 premiers tonight @8PM.

http://www.syfy.com/sharknado4

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm actually surprised nobody here chimed in saying Bon Jovi should be the next music pin.

I would not be opposed to a Bon Jovi machine. He's got enough good songs for one. Living on a Prayer would be great on a machine with a bunch of people singing along.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would not be opposed to a Bon Jovi machine. He's got enough good songs for one. Living on a Prayer would be great on a machine with a bunch of people singing along.

No TigerLaw please no, Bon Jovi pin?

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Bon Jovi pin?

Great idea. It would sell 10s of ? well 10 games total. Makes as much sense as areosmith.
How many more flops/dud games can stern make before they change their business model?

#342 3 years ago

Music themed machines I would be interested in the most are Rush, Van Halen and possibly Bon Jovi.

#343 3 years ago

No Bon Jovi....unless we get the power to turn back time.....

Sharknado....hell yeah!!!! Only if it comes with a working chainsaw topper.......unfortunately that franchise has gotten ridiculous.

Now let's take 2 Lava / 2 Lantula and make an original theme....
It's too much pin....it's too much balls!!!

But seriously a great horror theme such as Evil Dead could be cool if done right.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

.unfortunately that franchise has gotten ridiculous.

"Gotten" ridiculous?

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

"Gotten" ridiculous?

LOL!!! Yeah I hear ya....

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

"Gotten" ridiculous?

Ha, yeah, that was exactly my thought too when i read that.

I would certainly be in for and Evil Dead/AoD/Ash theme though. That would actually be a fun, campy theme that would probably still sell some pins.

#347 3 years ago

Journey, Rush, Iron Maiden all great bands with great music.

#348 3 years ago

I think Beatles, The WHO, Jimmy Buffett, Led Zep, Pink Floyd or even a game based on a genre like classic rock/hard rock where they use a variety of bands all on one machine. These bands all have a cult like following and would be big sellers, pricey licensing I'm sure though.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No Bon Jovi....unless we get the power to turn back time.....

How do you explain KISS getting done? They are older than Bon Jovi.

#350 3 years ago

Aerosmith? Bon Jovi? What's next, Lawrence Welk?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
There are 7131 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside