DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 698 of 937.
#34851 1 year ago

I thought Jack already confirmed a Golden girls pin. That would be a completely different direction as Gomez pointed out

#34852 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I thought Jack already confirmed a Golden girls pin. That would be a completely different direction as Gomez pointed out

I would be in. Dream theme status.

#34853 1 year ago
72850924-FEB6-4050-9A61-C5C753E49084 (resized).jpeg72850924-FEB6-4050-9A61-C5C753E49084 (resized).jpeg
#34854 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Then you would be stuck with a Barbie game even the women wouldn’t play. Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

r/incels is leaking again

#34855 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

r/incels is leaking again

Ha - yeah this comment is so sad. My wife is in her younger 30's and is into pinball. I wouldn't have a nice collection if it were not her idea. She makes more money so she picks most of the games. For Christmas she asked for pinball mods. And to top it off... we have several friends who are women who also play regularly that are our age. Our Godzilla LE is "hers" and she reminds me of that with a smile quite often.

Having said that my wife would find Barbie very objectionable. She wants BTTF like so many others.

#34856 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

She wants BTTF like so many others.

Here's a question......

How many BTTF LE's would they need to build to meet demand? I wonder if they'd ever do the Spooky way and allow an open build on their most expensive model. Demand is going to be off the hook...... I hear Cru is on every list that exists and could tie up the 1st 1000 units all on his own.

#34857 1 year ago

Just talked to Gary. He said the new GI JOE pin is coming along great. The assets are all there, it's loaded with mechs, and the art is phenomenal.

#34858 1 year ago

Ha - yeah this comment is so sad. My wife is in her younger 30's and is into pinball. I wouldn't have a nice collection if it were not her idea. She makes more money so she picks most of the games. For Christmas she asked for pinball mods. And to top it off... we have several friends who are women who also play regularly that are our age. Our Godzilla LE is "hers" and she reminds me of that with a smile quite often.

Having said that my wife would find Barbie very objectionable. She wants BTTF like so many others.

It seems so obvious that lots of women are into pinball. Sure, not every woman is into pinball but the same is true of any sub-group I can think of. But the worst part of this attitude, to me at least, is the sense that people who say this are basically implying that the pinball scene shouldn't even bother trying to cater to or appeal to women because "they don't even care anyway." Either way, the pinball scene in general doesn't give a shit about this stupid mentality and, from what I can tell, more women than ever are getting into pinball.

With that being said, I definitely get a weird feeling when people say how companies should release machines with "women's themes," it feels like a heart in the right place kind of sentiment but maybe missing the mark on the execution a bit. Like, don't women like Metallica, Walking Dead, The Simpsons, etc.? Seems like "Women's themes" are already represented in that regard. Though I do agree that companies being open to less historically conventional themes, like Barbie for example, is a good thing, the reality is that a business NEEDS to cater to where the money is and less conventional themes are inherently more risky just like original themes.

#34859 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Then you would be stuck with a Barbie game even the women wouldn’t play. Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

I wouldn't mind a Barbie pinball machine. Only if it played Aqua's Barbie girl on repeat 24/7 though.
Also. Some of the women i've met and consider to be friends with are some of the best pinball players in my region. Coincidence? maybe but your statement is highly ignorant.

#34860 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I wouldn't mind a Barbie pinball machine. Only if it played Aqua's Barbie girl on repeat 24/7 though.
Also. Some of the women i've met and consider to be friends with are some of the best pinball players in my region. Coincidence? maybe but your statement is highly ignorant.

848971E4-EF87-4459-A3A9-ECA69165B412.gif848971E4-EF87-4459-A3A9-ECA69165B412.gif
#34861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Here's a question......
How many BTTF LE's would they need to build to meet demand? I wonder if they'd ever do the Spooky way and allow an open build on their most expensive model. Demand is going to be off the hook...... I hear Cru is on every list that exists and could tie up the 1st 1000 units all on his own.

Hoping for a BTTF The Pin myself.

#34862 1 year ago
0056CAF1-8F39-464A-B29B-59C62FDE19DF (resized).jpeg0056CAF1-8F39-464A-B29B-59C62FDE19DF (resized).jpeg
#34863 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

With that being said, I definitely get a weird feeling when people say how companies should release machines with "women's themes," it feels like a heart in the right place kind of sentiment but maybe missing the mark on the execution a bit. Like, don't women like Metallica, Walking Dead, The Simpsons, etc.? Seems like "Women's themes" are already represented in that regard.

It reminds me of sports teams making their gear in pink "to appeal to women". Uh, women can wear your regular team logos you know.

There is no universal appeal. I don't personally understand why so many people think BTTF is a great pin movie for instance. I like the film, it's from a nostalgic time in my life, it has these iconic moments, and I also just don't have much of a desire to watch clips of it on a pinball screen. But that's the beauty of different stroke for different folks, and I hope people who want it get their game still.

#34864 1 year ago

Happy New Year Stern Pinball Champions !

All I want to know is WTF happened to KME JAWS ???
j (resized).JPGj (resized).JPGj2 (resized).JPGj2 (resized).JPGj3 (resized).JPGj3 (resized).JPG

#34865 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Here's a question......

They wont update the units. Just update the price. No use upping the units as its no longer really an LE if its the same number made as pros or premiums.

#34866 1 year ago

Today is the release of the new James Bond Super LE pin right? Will someone with all access please publish a picture in this treat?

#34867 1 year ago
Quoted from acakoning:

Today is the release of the new James Bond Super LE pin right? Will someone with all access please publish a picture in this treat?

Yes, and there is a separate thread for that game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/37

You can also just check Stern's website later today:
https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/

#34868 1 year ago

Gomez did say the 2 new cornerstones are great themes. Should be interesting to see what Danger and Eddy come up with. Then Zombie Yeti on art for them

#34869 1 year ago
Quoted from acakoning:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-officially-reveals-keith-elwin-designed-james-bond-60th-anniversary-limited-edition

#34870 1 year ago

Looks fairly cool and i do love the idea of having 4 spinners to rip but at potentially 30K (or more) AUD it's a big Nahhhhh from me

#34871 1 year ago

GNR LE poster art cabinet, with spinning record and slash hat. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

5k Topper extra.
James will be on a drone jetpack or flying Aston Martin that integrates and charges on the topper and hovers over the game and flies around the room at certain moments during the game making call outs.

#34872 1 year ago

Do it!

wonder-wheel-ferris-wheel.gifwonder-wheel-ferris-wheel.gif
#34873 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Do it!
[quoted image]

The baseball clowns will give the millennials nightmares.

#34874 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Do it!
[quoted image]

Baseball Furies Multiball!
Some kind of subway mechanism (to travel to the next gang zone and get closer to home turf)
Come Out To Play Multiball/Wizard Mode (clink...clink...clink)
Molotov Cocktail bash toy maybe?
Maybe a ferris wheel ball lock to represent Coney Island?
Each mode started could be a different gang to be "fought" before moving on to the next rival territory as you try to clear your name and find out who shot Cyrus.

That movie is so jank but it's a classic in my house.

#34875 1 year ago

Yeah, gotta admit, that would be cool.
The call outs.... Plenty!
Shit! The chicks are packed. The chicks are packed!

#34876 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

GNR LE poster art cabinet, with spinning record and slash hat. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Im so glad someone else has the same thought! And I could have guessed it would have been you my friend! Hahahaha.

#34877 1 year ago
warriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpgwarriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpg
#34878 1 year ago
Who-owns-the-rights-to-the-Warriors-movie (resized).jpgWho-owns-the-rights-to-the-Warriors-movie (resized).jpg
#34879 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

[quoted image]

I think a LOT of people would dig The Warriors as a pin, especially if Deadpool-type license was taken to embellish and expand the base movie events.

The Warriors.pngThe Warriors.png
#34880 1 year ago

Last 2 pages made me really pumped for …. BTTF and Pokémon Go! I’d pass on He-Man cause I’ve never watched a complete episode. It is just a theme I don’t care for, but happy to see people want it.

Seriously Stern, give us one of these themes a year: BTTF, Top Gun 2, Pokémon Go!, Pee-Wee’s Adventure, the Matrix and Kill Bill.

#34881 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Last 2 pages made me really pumped for …. BTTF and Pokémon Go! I’d pass on He-Man cause I’ve never watched a complete episode. It is just a theme I don’t care for, but happy to see people want it.
Seriously Stern, give us one of these themes a year: BTTF, Top Gun 2, Pokémon Go!, Pee-Wee’s Adventure, the Matrix and Kill Bill.

A347C5D1-17C0-4B93-AA32-A9FA6261C729 (resized).jpegA347C5D1-17C0-4B93-AA32-A9FA6261C729 (resized).jpeg
#34882 1 year ago

My wife is the one who suggested our first pin - Jurassic Park premium. We got an Elvira House of Horrors last year, and she wants to own all 3 some day. Local arcade has Party Monsters, and she’s working her way up to breaking the GC.

Sad people who can’t fathom life outside their own sad existence say things like “women don’t like pinball”.

#34883 1 year ago

I'd be into a Warriors pin. I wrote game ideas for it elsewhere. I think it lends itself well to a pinball adventure.

The story is simple, get from A to B. Fight different gangs along the way (think Stern Jurassic Park). Have a subway like map to track your progress. I thought it would be neat to iterate on the Elvis upper playfield where you're trying to shoot balls into a train door on an elevated train track.

#34884 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think a LOT of people would dig The Warriors as a pin, especially if Deadpool-type license was taken to embellish and expand the base movie events.[quoted image]

Select your weapons ahead of fighting - telephone, hand to hand, chains, tire iron, switchblades, baseball bats or broken bottles.

#34885 1 year ago

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

#34886 1 year ago

Gi Joe !!!!! +1

#34887 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Trate de evitar encontrarse con pandillas completando objetivos a medida que avanza por la ciudad de Nueva York, tratando de mantener unida a la pandilla de guerreros mientras intenta llegar a Coney, pero si falla, se encontrará con una pandilla. Y tu pandilla puede separarse de varias maneras. Cada pelea de pandillas incluye una canción de banda sonora y multibola... Obtienes 1 pelota por guerrero. Completa objetivos multibola para derrotar a la pandilla, agrega guerreros y mantente con vida para mantener a los guerreros juntos. Todo mientras el DJ te llama como en la película. Los segmentos de tu viaje dentro de la ciudad tienen modos de minijuego, donde juegas para recolectar armas. para su próxima pelea y reúnase con los guerreros perdidos para la próxima pelea de pandillas. Armas de puntos misteriosos, inicio de modos aleatorios para agregar guerreros al equipo (candados virtuales para el próximo para multibola), etc. Mucha diversión y sorpresas con este pin.

Woooo ....fine!!!!!

#34888 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

If you start the game with your warriors at, say 5x each, and you have to protect each of your members to maintain that while trying to get to home turf. Battle encounters where you don't make shots for a particular Warrior's hurryups as they fight reduces their multipliers until they hit 0 for the remainder of the game (you have 1x minimum as the player). So, you could make encounters when you run into other gangs or police or whatever. In a battle, melee is expressed as a series of hurryups. Each hurryup is a warrior member vs enemy encounter, so you can have multiple going at once in a gang encounter. So when you encounter the furies, for example, the warrior hurryup series you finish first, protects that warrior member, preserving their multiplier. If you take too long, their multiplier can get beaten down, and it's persistent, so that's bad. Could be pretty cool. So many possibilities with the license.

#34889 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you start the game with your warriors at, say 5x each, and you have to protect each of your members to maintain that while trying to get to home turf. Battle encounters where you don't make shots for a particular Warrior's hurryups as they fight reduces their multipliers until they hit 0 for the remainder of the game (you have 1x minimum as the player). So, you could make encounters when you run into other gangs or police or whatever. In a battle, melee is expressed as a series of hurryups. Each hurryup is a warrior member vs enemy encounter, so you can have multiple going at once in a gang encounter. So when you encounter the furies, for example, the warrior hurryup series you finish first, protects that warrior member, preserving their multiplier. If you take too long, their multiplier can get beaten down, and it's persistent, so that's bad. Could be pretty cool. So many possibilities with the license.

This is good! Relatively speaking, How expensive could this cult classic license really be? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most expensive one ever bought, 1 the least, is it a 3? And that just makes me wonder if anyone knows what actually was the most expensive license in pinball?

#34890 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is good! Relatively speaking, How expensive could this cult classic license really be? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most expensive one ever bought, 1 the least, is it a 3? And that just makes me wonder if anyone knows what actually was the most expensive license in pinball?

My bets on Bond.

#34891 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out 30 January!
Stern delivered Bond on schedule (to the day) if you account for their publically announced skip with Bond coming out 261 days after Rush. If you add in a predicted launch for their skipped game of 14 May, the Math works out perfectly at 130 days. Note that this is for their next Cornerstone pin. There is a high likelihood the Bond 60th will launch prior to this time and a good chance a home pin will be out for Christmas. This only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins
Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Skipped release (Doesn’t count… publically announced Skip from Stern).
Bond: 9/22/2022 ( 261 days… after Rush… counting as 130 (261/2) due to skip.
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 130 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 30 January 2023.
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.[quoted image]

Monthly reminder: Next Stern Pin Cornerstone due out 30 January based off of previous releases. See quoted text above for logic.

Note: This only goes off of previous releases of cornerstone pins. Chief Stern Designer Gomez has announced on stream they are likely only doing 2 pins per year until they are caught up (see post 34278). That is not factored in nor the Bond 60th orthe move to a new production line... But historically we would be seeing a launch late January.

My personal educated guess opinion on next cornerstone title would be a Venom pin. A Metallica vault would be the most likely vault if they do one (me thinks).

My "I wish they'd build this pins" are still Harry Potter or Mario (even a movie based one would work).

#34892 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm going to guess it was actually Beatles... but I'm talking out my butt.

#34893 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Beatles or Zeppelin. At least that was the excuse for Ritchie's anemic BOM on Zeppelin, so...

#34894 1 year ago

I'm going to guess it was actually Beatles... but I'm talking out my butt.

Maybe , but didn't they only take small snippits of the songs and whatnot?

#34895 1 year ago

What I don't understand is: Pinball companies are so needle-stuck on a theme. If the terms or assets aren't favorable to you.... move on!
JJP saying Disney told them TS4 or nothing.... beyond not believing that for a moment..... if they didn't want to give the needed theme or assets..... walk. There's plenty of other fish in the sea.

Same thing with Stern's LZ. Richie was sore that there was no Stairway..... well if they don't want to provide what you want..... walk away. Screw them. You're doing the licensor a favor giving them money and promoting their brand.

The Bond license holder was a pain in the azz.... so flip him the bird and get another theme. Flip him two birds for good measure and wait for him to croak off.
It's really dumb to try and push a rock uphill. Get a license holder that is happy to work with you...... <cough> Cassandra Peterson...<cough>

#34896 1 year ago

But historically we would be seeing a launch late January.

I'd be happy to see an announcement sooner rather than later - I've been assuming they'd reveal it at Texas Pinball in late March but it would make a lot of sense to announce the name and maybe a few pics prior to that and then have a couple of actual machines at the fest for people to review and hype up. I guess we'll see what happens.

#34897 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Same thing with Stern's LZ. Richie was sore that there was no Stairway..... well if they don't want to provide what you want..... walk away. Screw them. You're doing the licensor a favor giving them money and promoting their brand.

Yes, every licensor out there wants to cash in on the gigantic cash cow that is pinball . I am sure they make more money licensing Funko Pop figures.

#34898 1 year ago

New post from JD, another illuminati eye which historically have been hints at his titles. So what we gather from this? Is he-man too on the nose? Is there anything that is trace amounts of foo-fighters or pokemon in this?

Screenshot_20230104-141717 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230104-141717 (resized).png
#34899 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Is he-man too on the nose?

It's pretty on the nose, but technically what he posted is a troll.

Troll (resized).pngTroll (resized).png

#34900 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

New post from JD, another illuminati eye which historically have been hints at his titles. So what we gather from this? Is he-man too on the nose? Is there anything that is trace amounts of foo-fighters or pokemon in this?
[quoted image]

I see no Pokemon in this. Sadly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 698 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/698?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.