20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 697 of 942.
#34801 1 year ago

I have not been in this thread forever. It dawned on me that the new Netflix release Wednesday would be an awesome title as no one would be willing to remake the Addams Family.

#34802 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I have not been in this thread forever. It dawned on me that the new Netflix release Wednesday would be an awesome title as no one would be willing to remake the Addams Family.

Agreed. There is some discussion about this a few pages back

#34803 1 year ago

So two cornerstones this year for 2023 both with ZY art? One things for sure they are going to be good looking pins!

Eddy/Dwight - Venom
Jack/Tanio - …? Any ideas or rumours?

#34804 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So two cornerstones this year for 2023 both with ZY art? One things for sure they are going to be good looking pins!
Eddy/Dwight - Venom

Foo Fighters is the current rumoured game for the Jack Danger design. It's taken a bit of heat whenever it's brought up, but I'm optimistic for it as a title (if true). Popular well-known hits and you know the art will be amazing with Zombie Yeti. Another art package to go in the line-up of the best art in pinball.

#34805 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Foo Fighters is the current rumoured game for the Jack Danger design. It's taken a bit of heat whenever it's brought up, but I'm optimistic for it as a title (if true). Popular well-known hits and you know the art will be amazing with Zombie Yeti. Another art package to go in the line-up of the best art in pinball.

Thank god if so, I need to skip one here sooner or later!

#34806 1 year ago

I heard the foo fighters rumours a while back, not sure it’s a great use of ZY if true but I’m pretty excited to see Venom if true so if the other release this year is something like foo fighters that’s an easy pass for me which helps the old wallet!

#34807 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Nobody can name Foo Fighters songs, you just know it when you hear it.

Sales flop if made...

#34808 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm adding my vote to Dodgeball, that would be an awesome theme!

Added to the list Pins That Will Never See The Light of Day.

#34809 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Added to the list Pins That Will Never See The Light of Day.

Agree that it's not too likely but danger could push an unlikely theme.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34811 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I heard the foo fighters rumours a while back, not sure it’s a great use of ZY if true but I’m pretty excited to see Venom if true so if the other release this year is something like foo fighters that’s an easy pass for me which helps the old wallet!

I'm with you Zombie Yeti on a Music Pin doesn't line up. I would lean more towards 80s with JD like Heman.

#34812 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm with you Zombie Yeti on a Music Pin doesn't line up. I would lean more towards 80s with JD like Heman.

Somebody pointed these out to me earlier. He has worked with foo fighters. His art on my Primus and IMDN is also top notch.

http://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/product/foo-fighters-2021-albuquerque-gigposter
http://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/product/foo-fighters

#34813 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

What does lineup with ZY art and JD design enthusiasm is MOTU. GG said it was going to be a different category than what they usually do. Foofighter’s another music pin is not a different category, but MOTU just might be.

#34814 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What does lineup with ZY art and JD design enthusiasm is MOTU. GG said it was going to be a different category than what they usually do. Foofights another music pin is not a different category, but MOTU just might be.

He Man is an animated morning show. They already did TMNT, so that wouldn't be a new direction.

My money is still on video game IP, which would be a new direction for Stern for sure.

Or maybe card/board games? Magic:The Gathering or Settlers of Catan? That'd come out of left field. It'd also require a lot more video assets be created than video game IP where a lot of that might already exist in some form.

#34815 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He Man is an animated morning show. They already did TMNT, so that wouldn't be a new direction.
My money is still on video game IP, which would be a new direction for Stern for sure.
Or maybe card/board games? Magic:The Gathering or Settlers of Catan? That'd come out of left field. It'd also require a lot more video assets be created than video game IP where a lot of that might already exist in some form.

Jack has expressed interest in doing a Pokémon pin in the past. That would be a collassal license for Stern and a new direction for themes and would be something that Zombie Yeti would have the chops for. My kids would go absolutely crazy for Pokémon and I think the collector market would as well. If individual trading cards sell for 10's or even hundreds of thousands of dollars I can't imagine how valuable a Limited edition version of the pin could sell for.

#34816 1 year ago

I have to admit I kinda like not knowing what the next Stern is. This 007 Elwin anticipation has me biting my nails and I am not sure I would even be interested in it. Just the anticipation of the reveal has the nerves fired up. I feel like a rabbit running in circles with a carrot on a string. Stern from here on out just drop the game when it is ready, my nerves can't handle it

Ok you guys have some good ideas on what could be totally different. I got to daydreaming about this yesterday and my out of the park different daydream was this:

New Disney CEO bust out Avatar-Way of Water summer 2023
A whole new experience with the use of holographic projectors, UV ramps, LCD below playfield, and an immersive pin that takes you straight to Pandora with multiple levels. I am not into theme, but they could do a lot with it

#34817 1 year ago

I love the idea of projection mapping onto blank canvases. The scenes can change with the modes without the limitations of single sculpts to build the world under glass. That said, I think a new direction would be to make a pin that has a theme primarily aimed towards female players. A la Barbie.

#34818 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I love the idea of projection mapping onto blank canvases. The scenes can change with the modes without the limitations of single sculpts to build the world under glass. That said, I think a new direction would be to make a pin that has a theme primarily aimed towards female players. A la Barbie.

In family (feminist?) mode sure, adult male mode changes everything.

#34819 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Then you would be stuck with a Barbie game even the women wouldn’t play. Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

#34820 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Then you would be stuck with a Barbie game even the women wouldn’t play. Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

My daughter loves pinball…

#34821 1 year ago

Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

Fact: In the last year, since introducing women’s IFPA tournaments the number of women participating in the open events has increased here to nearly 30% of players.
Fact: I am hosting the first IFPA Minnesota state women’s tournament at my house in a couple weeks… they are pretty excited about this event.
Fact: Women actually give a fuck about pinball.

#34822 1 year ago

Women don’t give a fuck about pinball. Fact

You alright there?

#34824 1 year ago

Anyways.....
Maybe the new direction is a "younger" band whose music came out in the 90s and not the 70s/80s. ‍
Or it could be something jack did in the game. Jack sorta teased that on a stream but he could have been trolling.

#34825 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Anyways.....
Maybe the new direction is a "younger" band whose music came out in the 90s and not the 70s/80s. ‍
Or it could be something jack did in the game. Jack sorta teased that on a stream but he could have been trolling.

Good point. GG didn’t say explicitly that the theme was going in a new direction, but rather more generally that Jack’s cornerstone was going in a new direction. So that could be something new/different on the playfield or in the software.

#34826 1 year ago

Pokémon Go! would mark a new direction. Since reading the rumor above, I am starting to get excited to see JD’s PG! Makes sense from nothing.

I wish what the new direction was a 3d playable game that incorporates oculus goggles. Still have the physical table but buy the goggles to get an “enhanced” play. With the technology driving what’s new, He-Man or Foo Fighters themes would work and then would make sense with one part of the rumor.

#34827 1 year ago

Popcorn eating gif!

#34828 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Popcorn eating gif!

It’s nothing against women. It’s just a fact. I’m not going to be questioned by someone who makes money selling translights and decals of busty women.

#34829 1 year ago

It’s nothing against women. It’s just a fact. I’m not going to be questioned by someone who makes money selling translights and decals of busty women.

What ‘fact’ are you referencing exactly?

#34830 1 year ago

We know that Stranger Things is one of the top earning games on location. I see that as a sign that there's a younger market that's interested. I could see Pokémon earning well too.

I don't think it would automatically sell like mad and introduce new people to the hobby or anything wild like that, it's just a theme. But themes that earn can only help pinball really.

I personally doubt it's ever going to be a license made into a pin though.

#34831 1 year ago

Women don’t give a f* about pinball. Fact

JJP and Disney’s marketing departments beg to differ.

776BBB9C-0B04-4B39-B68C-22E52DD20FC9 (resized).jpeg776BBB9C-0B04-4B39-B68C-22E52DD20FC9 (resized).jpegBDC4C40C-A724-4EC6-9E64-194058D96187 (resized).jpegBDC4C40C-A724-4EC6-9E64-194058D96187 (resized).jpeg
#34832 1 year ago

Why does every Stern thread feel like it’s about Toy Story now?

It’s like people can’t even tell you their favorite 80s movie in peace anymore.

#34833 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It’s like people can’t even tell you their favorite 80s movie in peace anymore.

crujones4life lol.

2C1A4958-BE74-4305-B2B5-09027D35AA94 (resized).jpeg2C1A4958-BE74-4305-B2B5-09027D35AA94 (resized).jpeg
#34834 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

JJP and Disney’s marketing departments beg to differ.
[quoted image][quoted image]

To be fair, is she actually enjoying it? Its TS4 after all.

#34835 1 year ago

Let me be clear I'm not agreeing that this is a fact. I'm not. But...This hobby is male-dominated which is why I suggested adding adult male mode which got me two down votes ... no surprise. Lol.

#34836 1 year ago

I thought Jack was working on He-Man

Quoted from J85M:

Eddy/Dwight - Venom

#34837 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Jack has expressed interest in doing a Pokémon pin in the past. That would be a collassal license for Stern and a new direction for themes and would be something that Zombie Yeti would have the chops for. My kids would go absolutely crazy for Pokémon and I think the collector market would as well. If individual trading cards sell for 10's or even hundreds of thousands of dollars I can't imagine how valuable a Limited edition version of the pin could sell for.

Especially if they made even cursory changes to the sides of the art on the head for the Premiums and Pros so they had different pokemon featured on them. 50 or 100 different pokemon art on the heads spread across the whole Pro/Prem run. It would make specific machines within the Pro/Prem group even more collectible and the extra cost for additional paper stickers for the head would be negligible. Pokemon fans would go insane.

Switch has NFC, too. So there could be some kind of interaction with the next Pokemon release for switch.

#34838 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This is the direction Williams was headed with the Pinball 2000 systems in the late 90’s. Way ahead of its time.

#34839 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We know that Stranger Things is one of the top earning games on location. I see that as a sign that there's a younger market that's interested. I could see Pokémon earning well too.
I don't think it would automatically sell like mad and introduce new people to the hobby or anything wild like that, it's just a theme. But themes that earn can only help pinball really.

Pokemon Go was a massive phenomenon. People that were never into Pokemon were out in the real world trying to catch rare Pokemon. I have a buddy in his 40s that called me in the hunt talking about a random horde of people that were at this one random location hoping for a rare Pokemon to show up at 11pm at night. He previously had zero interest in Pokemon, but had gotten swept up in the excitement of the hunt.

If pinball locations can have different pokemon that appear on your IC profile and there's some kind of integration with the games, it would turbocharge pinball awareness across a wide multi-generational demographic, especially if you need to hang around the pin for a while. And while you're there, why not play it, too?

#34840 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Anyways.....

Hannah Montana, confirmed. Oh, Jack, you perv.

#34841 1 year ago

This Pokémon would be a take my money now:

1C8BEA74-2BC0-4EAF-A637-F4DE1AD4BCDA (resized).jpeg1C8BEA74-2BC0-4EAF-A637-F4DE1AD4BCDA (resized).jpeg27DDA6B3-2EC1-4764-8D22-090ADCD7BAED (resized).jpeg27DDA6B3-2EC1-4764-8D22-090ADCD7BAED (resized).jpeg
#34842 1 year ago

I think PinballMap is basically like Pokemon Go right now. Whenever I travel I'm looking at it to "catch" all the pinball games I can at different venues.

#34843 1 year ago
3DF35368-383A-43C0-9873-72F0FFB8AD5B (resized).jpeg3DF35368-383A-43C0-9873-72F0FFB8AD5B (resized).jpeg
#34844 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hannah Montana, confirmed. Oh, Jack, you perv.

“She came in like a Stern Pinballllll”

13679786-774A-4C0B-8E7F-70A41CF4C16A (resized).jpeg13679786-774A-4C0B-8E7F-70A41CF4C16A (resized).jpeg
#34845 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“She came in like a Stern Pinballllll”
[quoted image]

A38581A3-25F4-499A-825E-8C8D65309843 (resized).jpegA38581A3-25F4-499A-825E-8C8D65309843 (resized).jpeg
#34846 1 year ago

If you're right, I'm pretty sure this is the next Stern game...

FB_IMG_1672691612971 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1672691612971 (resized).jpg
#34847 1 year ago

I can hear the glass CLANK! like when playing "Junk Yard" when I see that wrecking ball pic

#34848 1 year ago

Sherlock Holmes is now completely in the public domain (it was only partially PD prior to 2023). It'd be great to have a WhoDunnit style pin with a Sherlock Holmes theme. I was bummed when American Pinball abandoned doing a SH pin.

https://apnews.com/article/public-domain-2023-5c30746553953b5accffcbaa9e860de0

#34849 1 year ago

Let's just get this Bond stuff out of the way........ it's been here since Sept.

Five months of Bond...... com'on Stern we're so tired of this theme already. Give us something new.

#34850 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Let's just get this Bond stuff out of the way........ it's been here since Sept.
Five months of Bond...... com'on Stern we're so tired of this theme already. Give us something new.

Bond 60th anniversary game is revealed tomorrow! You're welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 697 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/697 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.