20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 696 of 942.
#34751 1 year ago

Any chance for an Elf or Christmas Vacation theme?

#34752 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

I know I can’t speak for everyone but Will and Ferrell in general just isn’t funny. Now a Griswold pin has potential

#34753 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I know I can’t speak for everyone but Will and Ferrell in general just isn’t funny.

You are in the SEVERE MINORITY on that one.

Quoted from Gopher4653:

There is an Elf homebrew out there. I've played it, and it's pretty darn good.

#34754 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You are in the SEVERE MINORITY on that one

I don’t think so. If you ask around you’ll find plenty of people that don’t care for his humor, but to each his own.

#34755 1 year ago

I don’t think so. If you ask around you’ll find plenty of people that don’t care for his humor, but to each his own.

Dozens of movies (including current ones and future projects that are still in the works), Billions of dollars of box office revenue, being a household name, and being considered (and voted) as one of the funniest people on earth would all be contradictions to your ideology.

I can appreciate that your opinion differs, but to say you are not in the minority is just silly.

#34756 1 year ago

He came over here for a publicity tour . He went to a football club and everyone was told they weren't allowed to take a picture of him , 1 player went to take a picture and he held a football in their face . Why would a famous Hollywood actor go somewhere for a promo and tell people they can't take a picture of them .
After that , I don't have anytime for him , I don't mind some of his movies but Adam Sandler does childish behaviour so much better .

#34757 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:Dozens of movies (including current ones and future projects that are still in the works), Billions of dollars of box office revenue, being a household name, and being considered (and voted) as one of the funniest people on earth would all be contradictions to your ideology.
I can appreciate that your opinion differs, but to say you are not in the minority is just silly.

Will had a very funny early career....... his initial SNL years were great, Mugatu in Zoolander 1 was amazing, Night at the Roxberry is still one of my favorite movies..... but since then? Nah. Not funny. I haven't seen Elf, I know a lot of people love that one. I just gave up on Will. Too much cringe for too many years. Just like Eddy Murphy was awesome and then couldn't be trusted to be funny anymore. After Nutty Professor 1, he just didn't have the touch anymore.

Maybe it's not their fault? Comedy in general has gone down the toilet the last 20 years. Comedians have admitted it themselves. All this nonsense about not offending anyone instead of being ruthlessly honest. At least Dave Chappell finally came out of hiding and isn't holding back.

I really wonder how Richard Pryor would have handled the 2000's..... or if they'd have run him out of town.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34758 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe it's not their fault? Comedy in general has gone down the toilet the last 20 years. Comedians have admitted it themselves. All this nonsense about not offending anyone instead of being ruthlessly honest. At least Dave Chappell finally came out of hiding and isn't holding back.
I really wonder how Richard Pryor would have handled the 2000's..... or if they'd have run him out of town.

I've heard , Jerry Seinfeld say there's a lot of comedians who won't perform at Colleges anymore , because almost everything they say will be deemed offensive .
" back in the day " you could say jokes but if you were being nasty , you would be called out for it .
Now , if you make a lighthearted generalisation , you'll be called a sexist , homophobic , racist , misogynist , stereotypic , or whatever type of crap .

#34759 1 year ago

I'd rather see an Anchorman pin than Elf, but neither is really a top choice for me.

#34760 1 year ago

I know I can’t speak for everyone but Will and Ferrell in general just isn’t funny. Now a Griswold pin has potential

In general, I agree, but Elf is a classic. Christmas Vacation has not aged well. Elf has held up very well so far.

#34761 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Will had a very funny early career....... his initial SNL years were great, Mugatu in Zoolander 1 was amazing, Night at the Roxberry is still one of my favorite movies..... but since then? Nah. Not funny.

It’s the exact opposite. The entire SNL cast during the Ferrell years were terrible. Mugatu wasn’t funny, and Night at the Roxbury is criminally unfunny.

Then he won me over with Old School. Then he did that pretty damn good stretch (Ricky Bobby, Semi-Pro, Step Brothers… etc) and Elf is a top 5 Xmas movie for families that adults can enjoy too.

Jingleheimer Junction, Robert Goulet, and Celebrity Jeopardy were good. Night at the Roxbury and The Spartans alone negated anything good he did prior to Old School.

#34762 1 year ago

Stay on target...

20221225_091655 (resized).jpg20221225_091655 (resized).jpg20221225_092251 (resized).jpg20221225_092251 (resized).jpg
#34763 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

He came over here for a publicity tour . He went to a football club and everyone was told they weren't allowed to take a picture of him , 1 player went to take a picture and he held a football in their face . Why would a famous Hollywood actor go somewhere for a promo and tell people they can't take a picture of them .
After that , I don't have anytime for him , I don't mind some of his movies but Adam Sandler does childish behaviour so much better .

agree here. Will and Adam both play the same childish character in every movie they are in. Adam is a whole better at it.

#34764 1 year ago

It's the BTTF dude!

Eventually it will me made.

#34765 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's the BTTF dude!
Eventually it will me made.

BookIt.

#34766 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Christmas Vacation has not aged well.

Wrong.

#34768 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Will had a very funny early career....... his initial SNL years were great, Mugatu in Zoolander 1 was amazing, Night at the Roxberry is still one of my favorite movies..... but since then? Nah. Not funny. I haven't seen Elf, I know a lot of people love that one. I just gave up on Will. Too much cringe for too many years. Just like Eddy Murphy was awesome and then couldn't be trusted to be funny anymore. After Nutty Professor 1, he just didn't have the touch anymore.

Night at the Roxberry is the best and would have a lot of video that would be perfect on a pinball.

https://c.tenor.com/Emuf-bOaN0gAAAAM/music-radio.gif
E9CB7B39-9699-454A-9A42-5E838FBE1A62 (resized).jpegE9CB7B39-9699-454A-9A42-5E838FBE1A62 (resized).jpeg

0D950947-60E0-41F2-B216-74639168EA4D (resized).jpeg0D950947-60E0-41F2-B216-74639168EA4D (resized).jpeg
#34769 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Night at the Roxberry is the best and would have a lot of video that would be perfect on a pinball.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That SNL accident really screwed Chris Kattan up. He was still a mess on Celebrity Big Brother 20 years later and left early.

#34770 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great movie back in the day.

#34771 1 year ago

Roxbury would make a great machine. I have a short list of pins I would like to make into a homebrew. Of course Elf was the first. I am currently working on Tommy Boy. Dodgeball is also on my list. My kids have dared me to make Sausage Party - yeah that would be interesting.
I will tell you from all the feedback on Elf, It would (or will ?) be a big it. I can't tell you how many times a guy has told me "the wife said I can buy Elf".

#34772 1 year ago
Quoted from elsereturn:

Roxbury would make a great machine. I have a short list of pins I would like to make into a homebrew. Of course Elf was the first. I am currently working on Tommy Boy. Dodgeball is also on my list. My kids have dared me to make Sausage Party - yeah that would be interesting.
I will tell you from all the feedback on Elf, It would (or will ?) be a big it. I can't tell you how many times a guy has told me "the wife said I can buy Elf".

Tommy boy will definitely be cool, but dodgeball would be EPIC!
I'm looking forward to it!

I really enjoyed playing Elf. Great theme and call outs.

#34773 1 year ago

I'm adding my vote to Dodgeball, that would be an awesome theme!

#34774 1 year ago

Team America, fuck yeah

#34775 1 year ago

A Team would “kill” at the box office. But face it, we are all just treading water until BTTF is rwleased.

FA809BB4-E865-44E8-9417-537BF0AB3FC1.jpegFA809BB4-E865-44E8-9417-537BF0AB3FC1.jpeg
#34776 1 year ago

Randy Martinez on art for BTTF?

408829-2 (resized).jpg408829-2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
#34777 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Randy Martinez on art for BTTF?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Didn't GG already say that the next two pins in 2023 will have Zombie Yeti's artwork?...one of which will be BTTF by Eddy/Dwight?

#34778 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Didn't GG already say that the next two pins in 2023 will have Zombie Yeti's artwork?...one of which will be BTTF by Eddy/Dwight?

He confirmed ZY art on the next two pins with Tanio/Danger on the next release and Eddy/Dwight after that. But either pin being BTTF seems a stretch. Pretty sure they'd have Elwin on a BTTF since they would be able to command top dollar with him designing. Also, the BTTF 40th Anniversary isn't until 2025, so it would be surprising to see the pin in 2023. 2024, maybe...

#34779 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He confirmed ZY art on the next two pins with Tanio/Danger on the next release and Eddy/Dwight after that. But either pin being BTTF seems a stretch. Pretty sure they'd have Elwin on a BTTF since they would be able to command top dollar with him designing. Also, the BTTF 40th Anniversary isn't until 2025, so it would be surprising to see the pin in 2023. 2024, maybe...

I thought Eddy before Danger?

#34780 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I thought Eddy before Danger?

Dunno concretely as I've only been casually following the breadcrumbs and may have missed a snack somewhere. But it seemed like Tanio/Danger were up next. Gomez also listed Danger first when talking about the 2023 games. Maybe important, maybe not...

#34781 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wasn't there a "drinks with (insert Stern name here)" episode where some employee said "future" with Eddy like three times in a row hinting that he was working on BTTF? Granted...Elwin on BTTF would be EPIC!!!...and also the best pin ever!!!

Anyways...I guess only time will tell.

#34782 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Wasn't there a "drinks with (insert Stern name here)" episode where some employee said "future" with Eddy like three times in a row hinting that he was working on BTTF? Granted...Elwin on BTTF would be EPIC!!!...and also the best pin ever!!!

I didn't see that one, but even if it WAS Eddy, 2023 seems too early, given the actual 40th isn't for 2 years. Maybe referring to Eddy's next time at bat? I still think Stern's putting Elwin on just their topline titles. He's taken the Lyman spot of name recognition and track record equaling people will buy based on name alone, and Stern knows that, so it seems like Elwin/BTTF is a natural for maximum cash milkage.

#34783 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Yep this happened. Seemed like a hint to me.

#34784 1 year ago

I had a crazy dream that Jack's new game was a sports theme. No egg nog before bed anymore. lol

#34785 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I had a crazy dream that Jack's new game was a sports theme. No egg nog before bed anymore. lol

Esports keeps it in the video game realm.

#34786 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Esports keeps it in the video game realm.

oh maaaan. Fortnite

#34787 1 year ago

Drone racing

#34788 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

oh maaaan. Fortnite

Fortnite would kill it. I could keep my kids off homebrew sonic or mine craft at pintastic. I'd be broke if this was a title

#34789 1 year ago

Nah, why make something like Fortnite, Minecraft, or Pokemon and get a kids interested when they can make Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, and Credence Clearwater Revival

#34790 1 year ago

I’d buy Pokémon LE so fast. I’d sell my wife’s car without asking. I’d probably get two

#34791 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I’d buy Pokémon LE so fast. I’d sell my wife’s car without asking. I’d probably get two

Gotta catch 'em all. 100 variations on the Premium art package.

#34792 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I hope this comes true. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.

#34793 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I hope this comes true. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.

My wife loves Pokémon and pinball way more than her car. I would be praised for this I assume.

#34794 1 year ago

It’s not a theme I particularly want, but I
could see pokemon being the biggest pinball release of all time or at least the last 20 years. The world wide popularly is so strong. It could single handedly introduce pinball to a new generation. I would try to get my hands on an LE just as a financial bet.

#34795 1 year ago

Pokemon would be huge for pinball. There's serious collectors that spend thousands on cards so a 10k machine wouldn't be that crazy to them. Make insider connected have a thing where it keeps track of how many pokemon you have collected. Operators would make a ton. Get DeadFlip to design it. It would be a homerun and huge for pinball.

#34796 1 year ago

Stern - Why not an oculus 3d pinball machine about drone racing? I can think of no better untapped craze. This could become a whole new category of pinball. Come on Stern, you know you want to …. Talk to me and let’s make this happen.

#34797 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern - Why not an oculus 3d pinball machine about drone racing? I can think of no better untapped craze. This could become a whole new category of pinball. Come on Stern, you know you want to …. Talk to me and let’s make this happen.

Augmented Reality (a real pinball game using digital effects) has been considered by pinball companies for nearly a decade now. Still too niche to become a viable option to make any decent coin.

Certainly is the future of pinball though... just not for this buying generation (40-60).

I came up with the idea of AR in pinball at the start of my career, when I added digital explosions to the castle in Medieval Madness (later copied by Pinball FX in their 'remastered' version).

In my very latest remake of Stern's Avatar, I'm still using AR when the AMP suit is being attacked and destroyed. Spectacular stuff, and really does take modern pinball to the 'next level' (I hate that expression, but I can't put it any other way).

Keep your peepers glued to my YouTube channel. What you see today, you'll be playing sometime in the future. I'm about 5 years ahead of everyone else with my ideas and innovations.

Love live digital pinball! (cue Pantomime boos from the crowd). Whatever.

#34798 1 year ago

I come here once a year to suggest Perfect Strangers and still no plans for production.

#34799 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Augmented Reality (a real pinball game using digital effects) has been considered by pinball companies for nearly a decade now. Still too niche to become a viable option to make any decent coin.
Certainly is the future of pinball though... just not for this buying generation (40-60).
I came up with the idea of AR in pinball at the start of my career, when I added digital explosions to the castle in Medieval Madness (later copied by Pinball FX in their 'remastered' version).
In my very latest remake of Stern's Avatar, I'm still using AR when the AMP suit is being attacked and destroyed. Spectacular stuff, and really does take modern pinball to the 'next level' (I hate that expression, but I can't put it any other way).
Keep your peepers glued to my YouTube channel. What you see today, you'll be playing sometime in the future. I'm about 5 years ahead of everyone else with my ideas and innovations.
Love live digital pinball! (cue Pantomime boos from the crowd). Whatever.

I think I found the perfect theme for your next project.

ab67616d0000b273a49177bec1b1929f0f37a4d2~2 (resized).jpegab67616d0000b273a49177bec1b1929f0f37a4d2~2 (resized).jpeg
#34800 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I think I found the perfect theme for your next project.
[quoted image]

I agree he sounded a little pompous, however...

1FCDE3ED-384C-4197-BDD5-59D4840E1234 (resized).jpeg1FCDE3ED-384C-4197-BDD5-59D4840E1234 (resized).jpegC1A2C724-75B9-4E03-87DC-BC8462D92E1A (resized).jpegC1A2C724-75B9-4E03-87DC-BC8462D92E1A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 696 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/696?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.