20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 942.
#3351 4 years ago

Just watched the new Godzilla Movie.
Horrible characters but awesome Kaiju Action and a loveletter to the 1954 Original!

I'd like a Godzilla pin.

#3352 4 years ago

I think Stern could do this justice !

Mustaine is motivated and timing could be good, Grab the licence and run with it Stern Pinball.

https://shop.heavymetal.com/products/megadeth-death-by-design-w-4-clear-vinyl-warheads-on-foreheads-album-set-signed-by-dave-mustaine
Must (resized).JPGMust (resized).JPG

Amazing 4 flipper layout, KME perhaps, High energy soundtrack , Incredible art, thinking ZY here, Coded to perfection by Lyman and cool callouts from Mustaine and Vic Rattlehead would be awesome !

The MOST incredible lightshow, Total Destruction.

Dreaming of the 12 track set list now,So many awesome choices

Megadeth LE, Insta buy for me, Would sit perfect next to AC/DC
20181215_162936 (resized).jpg20181215_162936 (resized).jpg

#3353 4 years ago

I just wish Stern would make a widebody to do something different.

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I just wish Stern would make a widebody to do something different.

They don't get the space filled that they have now.

SCRNR, but don't be different for the sake of being different.

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They don't get the space filled that they have now.

Exactly. Some of the regular Sterns look barren these days. Adding more surface area would make that WORSE.

#3356 4 years ago

Fresh new layout on Archer from Elwin .

1 week later
#3357 4 years ago

So what's next?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3358 4 years ago

I am calling it now. The next Stern machine will be Jurassic World. The teaser will be released on 31 July with a reveal video/article with IGN on 2 August. Bryan Eddy will knock it out of the park on code, art will be substandard photoshop and we will all complain, but the game itself will be great. It will be a fast and furious pin with more dinosaurs on the Premium/LE than the standard. It will be a commercial hit for Stern in the same realm as Deadpool, and at the end of the day it will advance the hobby. Stern will release the pin with more complete code than any other pin in recent memory, but the code will still improve with time.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Very true. I might buy a Tele Tubby theme if Brian was in on it!

Can you get any gayer than Teletubbies?

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am calling it now. The next Stern machine will be Jurassic World. The teaser will be released on 31 July with a reveal video/article with IGN on 2 August. Bryan Eddy will knock it out of the park on code, art will be substandard photoshop and we will all complain, but the game itself will be great. It will be a fast and furious pin with more dinosaurs on the Premium/LE than the standard. It will be a commercial hit for Stern in the same realm as Deadpool, and at the end of the day it will advance the hobby. Stern will release the pin with more complete code than any other pin in recent memory, but the code will still improve with time.

I just hope I don’t have to pay 2500$ more for a ball eating t-rex

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I just hope I don’t have to pay 2500$ more for a ball eating t-rex

What if it were for animatronic raptors?

pinball-fx3-jurassic-world-pinball-table-pack-breakdown-1 (resized).jpgpinball-fx3-jurassic-world-pinball-table-pack-breakdown-1 (resized).jpg
#3362 4 years ago

That sounds cool but the timeline seems odd if Elvira is expected for Halloween. Shipping a Jurassic title mid August then announcing Elvira 2 months later? My guess was we would get a game announcement maybe at the beginning of July with a possible vault announcement in August (possibly no vault this year though). The theme doesnt do anything for me really but I'm excited to see what Brain Eddy has in store for us and my kid loves the Data East JP.

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That sounds cool but the timeline seems odd if Elvira is expected for Halloween. Shipping a Jurassic title mid August then announcing Elvira 2 months later? My guess was we would get a game announcement maybe at the beginning of July with a possible vault announcement in August (possibly no vault this year though). The theme doesnt do anything for me really but I'm excited to see what Brain Eddy has in store for us and my kid loves the Data East JP.

Elvira is not a cornerstone, so it may pop in anytime in the fall. Look how close the Beatles was dropped between 2 cornerstone titles.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I would agree with you, but there is some logic and analysis to my prediction and some circumstantial evidence that BKSOR was released early to give time for a cornerstone before Elvira.

~ Announcement dates and/or start of clubs
BatMan66- 8/29/2016
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)

That comes out to an average of 134 days between announcements. If we use BKSOR as the anchor for the last announcement, that would put us at 6 August. Tuesday seems like a bad day to do it, so I am predicting they back it up a week and release on 31 July//2 August... +/- 1 week and I am guessing the earlier of the dates.

You will note that BKSOR was release after a much shorter development cycle than the others... 2 to 3 months earlier. Depending on how you want to look at it, that was either based on poor Munsters sales, or a desire to squeeze another pin out before an October Elvira release. We have a confirmed Elvira release from Elvira herself, so I am guessing the short time between Munsters and BKSOR was due to the need to squeeze another cornerstone out.

Fingers crossed for Bryan Eddy... we love your other games and can't wait to see what you put out this time.

#3365 4 years ago

I hope you're right. Never know with Stern. It may be a stripped fan layout, with one bash magnet and LE gets drops targets. Code might come so bare that the machine is unplayable (guardians). Not hating; just telling the truth. When was the last time Stern knocked it out of the park with design, code AND toys? Maybe spider man? Xmen was pretty stacked... To me, it feels like the good old days are gone with Stern. Not saying that I don't like the current offerings - I love playing black Knight SOR and absolutely love IMDN - but them doing Jurrasic World just seems like a setup for disappointment to me. The theme could offer so much...

#3366 4 years ago

I would agree with you, but there is some logic and analysis to my prediction and some circumstantial evidence that BKSOR was released early to give time for a cornerstone before Elvira.
~ Announcement dates and/or start of clubs
BatMan66- 8/29/2016
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
That comes out to an average of 134 days between announcements. If we use BKSOR as the anchor for the last announcement, that would put us at 6 August. Tuesday seems like a bad day to do it, so I am predicting they back it up a week and release on 31 July//2 August... +/- 1 week and I am guessing the earlier of the dates.
You will note that BKSOR was release after a much shorter development cycle than the others... 2 to 3 months earlier. Depending on how you want to look at it, that was either based on poor Munsters sales, or a desire to squeeze another pin out before an October Elvira release. We have a confirmed Elvira release from Elvira herself, so I am guessing the short time between Munsters and BKSOR was due to the need to squeeze another cornerstone out.
Fingers crossed for Bryan Eddy... we love your other games and can't wait to see what you put out this time.

You missed Beatles in that summary.

#3367 4 years ago

Eddy did not come back to make a crap pin...should be fun! Jurassic World is definitely a theme I would enjoy.

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You missed Beatles in that summary.

True... but I'm counting it as a retheme...

#3369 4 years ago

Like BM66

#3370 4 years ago

Still was a new release.

#3371 4 years ago

Still was a new release.

Okay okay... if I count the Beatles as a full release then that would bring the average down from 134 days to 117 days. That would put us at Saturday July 20th, with a teaser stream on the 24th of July and a reveal and IGN article on 26 July. This would still fall within +/- 1 week of the original estimate.

We shall see.

Start pinching your pennies and start your Jurassic Park restorations!

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you get any gayer than Teletubbies?

It was the weirdest thing to ever be on kid tv.

#3373 4 years ago

Okay okay... if I count the Beatles as a full release then that would bring the average down from 134 days to 117 days. That would put us at Saturday July 20th, with a teaser stream on the 24th of July and a reveal and IGN article on 26 July. This would still fall within +/- 1 week of the original estimate.
We shall see.
Start pinching your pennies and start your Jurassic Park restorations!

Pretty good prediction. I think Brian's game will be announced 1st or 2nd week of July.

#3374 4 years ago

whats with Shitzila? I'm quite sure Jaws would sell alot more machines.

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

whats with Shitzila? I'm quite sure Jaws would sell alot more machines.

You're allowed to be wrong.

Or please eleborate wich of the 35 Godzilla movies (plus TV series) and counting since 1954 you're talking about.

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're allowed to be wrong.
Or please eleborate wich of the 35 Godzilla movies (plus TV series) and counting since 1954 you're talking about.

Well that just shows ya.
Never watched 1, so cannot be that popular in every country

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well that just shows ya.
Never watched 1, so cannot be that popular in every country

The 4 jaws movies have been seen by more people than the 35 Godzilla movies (outside of Japan)

#3378 4 years ago

While I agree with the timeline and designer assessment, I believe Jaws will be the theme. Summertime town NEEDS summertime dollars.

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The 4 jaws movies have been seen by more people than the 35 Godzilla movies (outside of Japan)

Their are 4 jaws movies? Huh, who knew...

#3380 4 years ago

Pretty good prediction. I think Brian's game will be announced 1st or 2nd week of July.

Here's hoping that there is an announcement of some sort at Southern Fried Game Expo. It would be right in that time frame.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Their are 4 jaws movies? Huh, who knew...

Only one deserves the title JAWS.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think Stern could do this justice !
Mustaine is motivated and timing could be good, Grab the licence and run with it Stern Pinball.
https://shop.heavymetal.com/products/megadeth-death-by-design-w-4-clear-vinyl-warheads-on-foreheads-album-set-signed-by-dave-mustaine
[quoted image]
Amazing 4 flipper layout, KME perhaps, High energy soundtrack , Incredible art, thinking ZY here, Coded to perfection by Lyman and cool callouts from Mustaine and Vic Rattlehead would be awesome !
The MOST incredible lightshow, Total Destruction.
Dreaming of the 12 track set list now,So many awesome choices
Megadeth LE, Insta buy for me, Would sit perfect next to AC/DC
[quoted image]

Speaking of Megadeth, Dave Mustaine released the fact he has throat cancer and it has a 90% chance of being beaten. Keep Dave in your prayers....

#3383 4 years ago

Never understood why people want to write off The Beatles as a retheme and not count it as a major release. It has some major similarities to Sea Witch, sure, but they did make many subtle changes and a few bigger ones. Plus they still had to completely redraw the thing into modern CAD, fit it with their current mechs, and totally code the thing with new rules and LCD graphics. That game might not be as much work as a Dead Pool, but people act like Stern just put some new graphics on NOS Sea Witch playfields they had laying around.

#3384 4 years ago

Wasn't there talk of a Harry Potter license a while back?

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people want to write off The Beatles as a retheme and not count it as a major release.

It’s definitely a major release and anyone who says otherwise just likes to hear themselves jawjack.

Rethemed games are: PBR, Primus, Supreme, etc.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people want to write off The Beatles as a retheme and not count it as a major release

It is a major released which Stern paid a massive music license for, which is based on an old design, but which plays much better than the old design and is a heap more fun.

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people want to write off The Beatles as a retheme and not count it as a major release. It has some major similarities to Sea Witch, sure, but they did make many subtle changes and a few bigger ones. Plus they still had to completely redraw the thing into modern CAD, fit it with their current mechs, and totally code the thing with new rules and LCD graphics. That game might not be as much work as a Dead Pool, but people act like Stern just put some new graphics on NOS Sea Witch playfields they had laying around.

Well, it depends on the definition of "major release".

Of course Beatles is a full game and it has significant importance in many ways.

Is it a "major release" in terms of sold machines?
Since it's way more expensive then a Stern Pro, propably not.

I love the Beatles but I wouldn't even consider buying a Beatles pinball with that pricetag.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, it depends on the definition of "major release".
Of course Beatles is a full game and it has significant importance in many ways.
Is it a "major release" in terms of sold machines?
Since it's way more expensive then a Stern Pro, propably not.
I love the Beatles but I wouldn't even consider buying a Beatles pinball with that pricetag.

I think anything Stern sets out to build a couple thousand units of should be considered major. It goes through their distribution channels.

They give the Beatles a prominent place in their games page, unlike Supreme and the Whoa Nellie derivatives.

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think anything Stern sets out to build a couple thousand units of should be considered major. It goes through their distribution channels.
They give the Beatles a prominent place in their games page, unlike Supreme and the Whoa Nellie derivatives.

The Beatles was a major release, just not a cornerstone.

#3390 4 years ago

What does a "cornerstone release" mean in the Stern world?
-mof

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What does a "cornerstone release" mean in the Stern world?
-mof

I think those are the models with Pro/Prem/LE

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think those are the models with Pro/Prem/LE

So does The Beatles not count with the Gold/Platinum/Diamond version? Different art packages, trim, etc. It's just like Batman 66, or is that not a "cornerstone" either because reasons

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So does The Beatles not count with the Gold/Platinum/Diamond version? Different art packages, trim, etc. It's just like Batman 66, or is that not a "cornerstone" either because reasons

The Beatles "versions" were basically trim. They weren't like Pro/Prem/LE where the games actually have more stuff the higher up you go.

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Beatles "versions" were basically trim. They weren't like Pro/Prem/LE where the games actually have more stuff the higher up you go.

So just like Batman 66...

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So just like Batman 66...

No. Batman'66 actually had differences the higher you went. Topper, powder coating, art blades, toys, Batman integrating SLE buyer names into the game, etc. Beatles had nothing of actual value, just different colors. It was a money grab aping the action figure/trading card case-based artificial rarity model. Thank god it didn't work.

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Reason being "definition".

B66 & Beatles are Ka-Pow and are no usual on location games, namely the Pro Model.

Yes I know there are a lot of cool pinball Bars with LE models all over the place but here I've never seen something else then a Pro on location.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

B66 & Beatles are Ka-Pow and are no usual on location games, namely the Pro Model.
Yes I know there are a lot of cool pinball Bars with LE models all over the place but here I've never seen something else then a Pro on location.

We had an SLE on the route I help with. You need to find better locations.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I've seen plenty of Batman 66 on location. Beatles are rarer, but certainly out there. I don't know anyone who puts out a LE/SLE, but premiums? Loads of em

#3399 4 years ago

The Pinball Palace has The Beatles and Batman 66 and just about every other recent release from any vendor on site. Heck they even have Oktoberfest and Houdini. JJP Pirates too. They have everything. And a great beer selection too!

Come on down and visit: https://gameroomblog.com/features/pinball-palace

PS: you can try to book in The Wright House an Airbnb just two miles from the Palace that has its own pinball machines inside: http://wrighthouse.co/booking

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had an SLE on the route I help with. You need to find better locations.

Changing the continent I live in is not an option.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've seen plenty of Batman 66 on location. Beatles are rarer, but certainly out there. I don't know anyone who puts out a LE/SLE, but premiums? Loads of em

See above.

And I can't imagine that's different when the citys get less lively...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/68?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.