Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 689 of 942.
#34401 1 year ago

Speaking of a Christmas Story, I was blown away by how much I liked the new one.

#34402 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Ah, I hadn't really read anything that far back. That's sad. Heard Bill Murray isn't a peach either.

Bill Murray sounded crazy in a really cool way in a great documentary I watched on a plane “The Bill Murray Stories”

#34403 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On a route we had a couple machines where the screws holding the clip plate to the cab eventually pulled loose over time, which was a pain to fix since wood had to be reintroduced so it would grab well again. But for home? Probably fine.

that is because they were stripped to begin with. I had to repair a HUO machine, NIB. Drill half way through, insert dowel with glue, cut flush and you are done. It was solid after.

#34404 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

that is because they were stripped to begin with. I had to repair a HUO machine, NIB. Drill half way through, insert dowel with glue, cut flush and you are done. It was solid after.

Yeah, that's how I fixed the route ones, but it's not a problem we ever had with the more expensive receiver-bar type B/W lockdown bard Stern used to have.

#34405 1 year ago

Those ads are back

#34406 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On a route we had a couple machines where the screws holding the clip plate to the cab eventually pulled loose over time, which was a pain to fix since wood had to be reintroduced so it would grab well again. But for home? Probably fine.

Yep. Multiple route games the wood screws have pulled through and the clips are left hanging off.

Nothing like having to carry wood glue and toothpicks with you to fix a newer game. Lol

#34407 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Yep. Multiple route games the wood screws have pulled through and the clips are left hanging off.
Nothing like having to carry wood glue and toothpicks with you to fix a newer game. Lol

Damn. Didn't realize this was a thing. I'm real gentle with mine.

#34408 1 year ago

A bunch of zeppelins including mine had these screws half assed on delivery.Out of box checklist now

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34409 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Avatar LE has cool mechs (and a fun translite), just shit code typical to the era. Also what happened to everyone saying JJP was doing Avatar?
A lot of pinball nerds seems to love Star Wars Andor...so I think we can book that as a theme sometime after season two of that show? It's a Star Wars and people respond well to them Star Wars

I have 8 pins on location. 3 of them are Star Wars themed and all do well

#34410 1 year ago

Hear me out...

Imagine the callouts, the ladders, the music!

"You're my #1 boy" haha

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.13.26 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-04 at 12.13.26 PM (resized).png
#34411 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hear me out...
Imagine the callouts, the ladders, the music!
"You're my #1 boy" haha [quoted image]

I resisted watching Succession for the first few seasons because the promos just didn't grab me. How wrong I was. It's a GREAT show with top shelf writing and an excellent cast. Some of the cousin Greg stuff is very funny. Definitely recommend it. Not sure how it would be in a pin, but...maaaaaybe?

#34412 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Speaking of a Christmas Story, I was blown away by how much I liked the new one.

Agreed - it had a good amount of scenes with homages to the original, and the same overall feel. Was fun seeing how many of the original cast were back reprising their roles.

My wife, who liked the original, but was unsure about the sequel said I could watch it and she'd "go to bed soon". Well, an hour into it she asked me to pause it as she was really enjoying it and needed a quick bio-break. I'll consider that a win.

#34413 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

Agreed - it had a good amount of scenes with homages to the original, and the same overall feel. Was fun seeing how many of the original cast were back reprising their roles.
My wife, who liked the original, but was unsure about the sequel said I could watch it and she'd "go to bed soon". Well, an hour into it she asked me to pause it as she was really enjoying it and needed a quick bio-break. I'll consider that a win.

A lot of the fan service was done really well too.

It's also just nailing the vibe and verbose prose of the original.

"There are two acknowledged thoughts on the holiday tradition of caroling. The first, believes it is a gift to the world. The second theory, to which our family devoutly subscribed, believes carolers to be a scourge set upon the earth to pillage your time and ravage your patience"

#34415 1 year ago

In the latest Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast Franchi said he was working on a new project that wasn't coming out until 2025. He said the license was a big favorite of his. He said was so exited about it that he started work on it immediately and has already finished the cabinet and backbox art for it.

#34416 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the latest Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast Franchi said he was working on a new project that wasn't coming out until 2025. He said the license was a big favorite of his. He said was so exited about it that he started work on it immediately and has already finished the cabinet and backbox art for it.

Is Franchi a BTTF fan?

#34417 1 year ago

I bet he is a Welk fan!

#34419 1 year ago

New guy at Stern is from Disney background. I could see them doing Avatar again-probably one of the biggest current Disney licenses. Lots of spinoffs like Venom, Ant Man, Thor, etc. but tons of investment into future Avatar franchise. They say they want to make it into a series like LOTR. Meh-I am skeptical on this one. I read a funny article that made me laugh calling them Smurfs in space. Something like they need to clear 2 billion to break even. Avatar is not a movie I put in my DVD player to re-watch. I saw it in the theatre and it was groundbreaking for its day but is it still relevant today? Will the Smurfs in space capture audiences? Will Stern make another one?

#34421 1 year ago

Avatar is a complete rip off of "Dances with Wolves" yet no one cares. Its just Aliens instead of Native Americans

#34422 1 year ago

How was Ferris Bueller never done, So many amazing things could be in there.

#34423 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Avatar is a complete rip off of "Dances with Wolves" yet no one cares. Its just Aliens instead of Native Americans

I agree No one cares are Avatar.

I suggest that it's really Fern Gully, not DwW.

#34424 1 year ago

I'm also expecting the release after Bond to be about 90%+ done. It seems like whatever cornerstone they skipped in Q3 should have extra time to get done since Bond HAD to get out on the 60th Anniversary timeline and couldn't really be pushed.

#34426 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Recent years? He sounds like he was always awful to work with.

Quoted from Merendino:

On a sad side-note it's really sucks hearing stories about how miserable it has been in recent years to work with Chevy.

Ya - The SNL stories date way back to the beginning of his career.

#34427 1 year ago

Ya - it was cool at the time but I don't even care to see the new movie

#34428 1 year ago

I just watched it again. Great movie, story lines aren't original but what is? It's very well done in many areas, regardless of whether you liked it.

#34429 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I agree No one cares are Avatar.
I suggest that it's really Fern Gully, not DwW.

That guy in Fern Gully just wanted to smash that fairy girl. He did not really care about the trees lol

#34430 1 year ago

Avatar 2 gonna flop big time. Cameron is way too far up his own ass at this point.

#34431 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Avatar 2 gonna flop big time. Cameron is way too far up his own ass at this point.

If it flops in the box office but it's satisfying to the avatar fan, then it's a win for me. I'm looking forward to it no matter the outcome. Hoping to get 3D tickets for the 16th.

#34432 1 year ago
#34433 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

The trailer looks like the same story as Avatar 1, but this time a daughter takes over and it's underwater.

#34434 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The trailer looks like the same story as Avatar 1, but this time a daughter takes over and it's underwater.

Got imax 3d rpx tickets for Thursday 15th at 3pm... Will let you know after.

#34435 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If it flops in the box office but it's satisfying to the avatar fan, then it's a win for me. I'm looking forward to it no matter the outcome. Hoping to get 3D tickets for the 16th.

I believe for Avatar 2 has to make over $2 billion to make a profit

#34436 1 year ago

Just saw the Scooby Doo pinball video

WOW

That puts Stern to shame in terms of content for under $10K (Both CE and BS)!!

#34437 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Just saw the Scooby Doo pinball video
WOW
That puts Stern to shame in terms of content for under $10K (Both CE and BS)!!

It does have a lot of stuff in it. We'll see how the code shapes up, because the quality of Stern gamecode is (generally) leaps and bounds better than what Spooky does. The stuff and layout may attract you to the game, but the quality of the gamecode is what keeps you coming back to play.

There is a reason why HWM/UM are as available and cheap as they are on the secondary market...

#34438 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It does have a lot of stuff in it. We'll see how the code shapes up, because the quality of Stern gamecode is (generally) leaps and bounds better than what Spooky does. The stuff and layout may attract you to the game, but the quality of the gamecode is what keeps you coming back to play.
There is a reason why HWM/UM are as available and cheap as they are on the secondary market...

Ya for sure - 100% agree.

If they can get it this time though - That game looks like the bomb.

#34439 1 year ago

S

Quoted from TreyBo69:

True... but look at how Rick and Morty did. That one did not have as much code as we'd want, but it was fun! I think Ultraman/Haloween was DOA due to shot geometry. I want to see Scooby flip.

#34440 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a head-scratcher because the original Avatar pin was nothing to write home about.

Either was the movie, sorry but hated it. But as usual like all the comic marvel movies which never interest me I always wish and hope the pin is fun to play if at least made

#34441 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Either was the movie, sorry but hated it. But as usual like all the comic marvel movies which never interest me I always wish and hope the pin is fun to play if at least made

I always assumed most people appreciated the original avatar movie and could find something to like about it... I think there's a lot of accolades to back that up, but I know it's not everybody's jam and would have thought that was the minority, oh well. Learn something new everyday. I've seen a lot of posts on pinside about that . Maybe it's just pinheads that don't really like it, I digress.
I think the Avatar movie might be as polarizing and controversial as JJP GNR!

#34442 1 year ago

Avatar really took advantage of how it was one of the movies that forced a lot of theaters to upgrade their projectors and sound systems. It benefited a lot of from spectacle vs other recent movies. I know I only went to check it out for the 3D. (Probably a pack in with a lot of 3D TVs being sold at the time)

The movie was whatever. The game ain't that bad (for its era).

Avatar 2 will be fine. Don't think we need another Avatar pinball. But, if it's fun... then it's fun

#34443 1 year ago

So spooky just dropped the best pin of the year. Plus it came in under 10k and Stern is talking avatar? Wow. Raise those prices Stern! Why wouldn't they?! Lmao.

#34446 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I always assumed most people appreciated the original avatar movie and could find something to like about it... I think there's a lot of accolades to back that up, but I know it's not everybody's jam and would have thought that was the minority, oh well. Learn something new everyday. I've seen a lot of posts on pinside about that . Maybe it's just pinheads that don't really like it, I digress.
I think the Avatar movie might be as polarizing and controversial as JJP GNR!

People love to hate on things. Welcome to the internet.

55390853-9503-4E42-B89C-04E46502D8CD.gif55390853-9503-4E42-B89C-04E46502D8CD.gif
#34447 1 year ago

Or it's just terrible.

#34448 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Or it's just terrible.

Says hater #1

#34449 1 year ago

Am I wrong??

#34450 1 year ago

It's just a mediocre movie that aged like cheese on a radiator.

The main draw were the technical achievements Cameron spearheaded at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 689 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/689 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.