maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 685 of 940.
#34201 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Coming soon based on what info? Other the fact that you want it?
[quoted image]

Guess you haven't been paying attention.

#34202 1 year ago

Advice for crujones4life from future Self ….

Buy BTTF2 premium while msrp <$10k.

#34203 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Advice for crujones4life from future Self ….
Buy BTTF2 premium while msrp <$10k.

I'm on it like doggone it!

#34204 1 year ago

TSPP LOTR are the best Sterns ever. I do love me some GB though and it’s definitely up there imo. I don’t think we can say Bond sucks as the code is not finished but I did definitely get bored of GZ before the wiz mode dropped. And Stern homogeny is becoming very obvious these days so…

Quoted from Prince66cali:

I mean usually I would talk ish but Im not really sure where to go with this. So you think the 700th star wars spin off was comparable to what is regarded as one of the best movies of all time. You guys may not like it because of who makes their living in this business but disneys recent work is garbage 100%. Seriously fuxking "Andor". Something 90-95% of the population has never heard of nor cares about. But hey "stern should raise prices, why wouldnt they". Maybe you should spend your time on this thread advocating for a better product instead of d--- riding. Stern released 1 game in 2022 and it sucks and 2 games in the past year, 2 for 2. 15k for an LE of 1000 made?? You guys are going to crash our own market. Godzilla was like JJP GNR, overhyped and repetitive as hell. Ghostbusters was the best stern pin ever made, I own a gb prem but go ahead and ride that for another cash grab. Again, its like sports cards and marvel in the early 90s, mass produced trash. #Winning

812C3A11-87C0-4613-B5BC-CB1AB5FD3454 (resized).jpeg812C3A11-87C0-4613-B5BC-CB1AB5FD3454 (resized).jpeg
#34206 1 year ago

this thread is the best "inside of pinside" joke when you finally hang around long enough to figure that out.... you guys are GREAT! lololol.

#34207 1 year ago

Just came in to say.
Andor is the best SW show of the last 10 years.

#34208 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope this is true, where did you hear this? On ozzy

I'm not saying were I hear this from. But considering that Elwin's first pin was not a expensive license as a player to designer. Jack is kinda similar to Keith as far being a player.

#34209 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Just came in to say.
Andor is the best SW show of the last 10 years.

I hope you're right. I'm going to start watching it this weekend. If it's a pile of shit, then you're to blame for wasting my time.

#34210 1 year ago

Non to said your rung boat this but thees are false equivalencies. The Maiden license was not necessarily cheap and Ozzy will likely be quite expensive.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

I'm not saying were I hear this from. But considering that Elwin's first pin was not a expensive license as a player to designer. Jack is kinda similar to Keith as far being a player.

#34211 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

. The Maiden license was not necessarily cheap and Ozzy will likely be quite expensive.

Yeah, agree, all those medical bills are piling up

#34212 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I hope you're right. I'm going to start watching it this weekend. If it's a pile of shit, then you're to blame for wasting my time.

Ok I am glad my opinion matters on pinside.
Lol

#34213 1 year ago

Ok I am glad my opinion matters on pinside.
Lol

your reputation is on the line. How good of a tv show picker are u?

#34214 1 year ago

your reputation is on the line. How good of a tv show picker are u?

all I am gonna say about all this, if you both don't like it then I blame you for having bad taste in tv shows.
lol

#34215 1 year ago

all I am gonna say about all this, if you both don't like it then I blame you for having bad taste in tv shows.
lol

I'm on episode 5 now because of you. 1 and 2 were okay. Episode three was epic. 4 and 5 are like watching paint dry. But 6 is supposed to be one of the best so we'll see.

#34216 1 year ago

There are a few, what I call, hinge episodes, but it does get better…

Keep going!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34217 1 year ago

Keep watching. I spent the past 4 days watching 7+1 years of Gilmore Girls. I can’t get enough. So I am relying on Beezle to verify the hot tip. If it checks out, I’ll start watching it.

#34218 1 year ago

Keep watching. I spent the past 4 days watching 7+1 years of Gilmore Girls. I can’t get enough. So I am relying on Beezle to verify the hot tip. If it checks out, I’ll start watching it.

You may get some crap for this comment… but screw that. That show was great.

#34219 1 year ago

A little bird told me that in 2023 we will see the following title.
A reworked revamped Avatar. Rumor mill.. Keeps on spinning round.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#34220 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

[quoted image]

This is a head-scratcher because the original Avatar pin was nothing to write home about.

#34221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a head-scratcher because the original Avatar pin was nothing to write home about.

Yeah, they only made 250 LEs and they sell for less than $7k today.

#34222 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yeah, they only made 250 LEs and they sell for less than $7k today.

Further proof that rarity does not equal desirability. It's the combination of those two that makes prices in the aftermarket go crazy. I don't see it with Avatar. WAY better places for Stern to put their vaulting efforts.

#34223 1 year ago

Avatar LE has cool mechs (and a fun translite), just shit code typical to the era. Also what happened to everyone saying JJP was doing Avatar?

A lot of pinball nerds seems to love Star Wars Andor...so I think we can book that as a theme sometime after season two of that show? It's a Star Wars and people respond well to them Star Wars

#34224 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Avatar LE has cool mechs (and a fun translite), just shit code typical to the era. Also what happened to everyone saying JJP was doing Avatar?
A lot of pinball nerds seems to love Star Wars Andor...so I think we can book that as a theme sometime after season two of that show? It's a Star Wars and people respond well to them Star Wars

I am yet to dive right into Andor, but from what I watched in the first episode, it was more drama than action-based Star Wars. Not sure it's got the memorable characters that would translate well to a pinball machine? e.g Mandalorian has Mando and Grogu aka baby Yoda, that grab people to play it....not seeing that with Andor? My opinion could change after watching it, but never hear of many people talking about this show.

I can definitely see a pinball company doing another Avatar pinball machine with tonnes of video clips on the display. Would I want to own any Avatar pin based on theme alone? No.

#34225 1 year ago

Yeah I'm curious how much home collector demand there would be for a new Avatar.

I can see ops being sorta interested if the price is right. Maybe home collectors if the premium mechs are super cool? It just doesn't seem like the sort of theme a lot would buy off nostalgia. Maybe if they throw in a lot of shoot the flashing light objectives it could be sold on "depth"

#34226 1 year ago

Avatar is such a lame movie, who needed a 2nd avatar.
Carry on!

#34228 1 year ago

Carry on!

Avatar, highest grossing movie of all time with 2.9 billion USD in box office sales. So lame

#34229 1 year ago

Carry on!

Don't forget parts 3, 4, 5

#34230 1 year ago

Next Stern cornerstone late 2023. There is no way they going to produce multiple cornerstones while they are moving their entire production facilities to a new location. It’s very likely we will only see one more pin from Stern before 2024.

#34231 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

[quoted image]

Gut feeling says don't think this movie is going to do as well anywhere near the first. Yeah, James Cameron but feel he waited way too long for a sequel.

#34232 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Next Stern cornerstone late 2023. There is no way they going to produce multiple cornerstones while they are moving their entire production facilities to a new location. It’s very likely we will only see one more pin from Stern before 2024.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think we see a new cornerstone pin announced in January 2023. I don't think you'll get it for a while but I bet it's announced.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34233 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Last time they moved they were shipping games at the old factory on a Friday and then were making games at the new place the following Monday

The game development side shouldn't be slowed down too much

#34234 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Gut feeling says don't think this movie is going to do as well anywhere near the first. Yeah, James Cameron but feel he waited way too long for a sequel.

Why has Avatar 2 taken so long? The film has suffered multiple setbacks and delays and it's said to have taken its time because James Cameron needed the right technology to film motion capture underwater.7 days ago

I hope it breaks all kinds of records.

#34235 1 year ago

Please Stern-don't go down that road again-jeesh!

Avatar 2 (resized).jpgAvatar 2 (resized).jpgSTTNG triple face palm (resized).jpgSTTNG triple face palm (resized).jpg
#34236 1 year ago

Godzilla sales will pick up the slack for a Stern Avatar 2 dismissal sales, not to worry.

On theme alone, my money is safe.

#34237 1 year ago

I saw the extended Avatar 2 trailer that played before Wakanda Forever. I still have absolutely no idea what this film is supposed to be about, and to me it looks like an animated movie.

That being said, Avatar did spawn one of the very best rides at Disney World, so I have no doubt that great things can come out of the franchise.

#34238 1 year ago

This reminds me of the same people with the Beanie Babies. Oh i know this one is worth $2,500 because thats what people are asking on eBay. Yet not one of them ever sells

#34239 1 year ago

This is how I feel about disney, andor, marvel, avatar, and the other lame a$$ pinball titles.

#34240 1 year ago

Seriously please put some research and effort into a good product stern!!!

#34241 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Seriously please put some research and effort into a good product stern!!!

I have no doubt you have just convinced them to do exactly that. Well played sir.

#34242 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have no doubt you have just convinced them to do exactly that. Well played sir.

oh well. i tried.

#34243 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Last time they moved they were shipping games at the old factory on a Friday and then were making games at the new place the following Monday
The game development side shouldn't be slowed down too much

When I worked at Microsoft and they had to move whole buildings of people, they hired a literal army to help move. We were in the new building the following day.

#34244 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

When I worked at Microsoft and they had to move whole buildings of people, they hired a literal army to help move. We were in the new building the following day.

Yeah if you actually read the source from the Knapp Arcade article on the move, you see where Stern budgeted 150 movers working a 10 hour day. You can also see some of the stuff they're doing to prep the building and what they will sell at the old factory.

They're not going to be out of commission for months or slow new games... That's silly. Every day the line is down costs them a small fortune. They're going to move over a weekend, with a lot of prep beforehand.

#34245 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They essentially will have two factories for a brief time in the changeover period to the new factory. I would think that could help rather than hurt their output.

#34246 1 year ago

That's back when people wanted to work. They'll be lucky to find 150 people even at $50 an hour that can do anything.

Random fact: I was born in Sioux Falls. Other than that I've never been there.

#34247 1 year ago

I'm done with NIB... but I'd buy the shitake mushrooms out of a pin based on this.

#34248 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm done with NIB... but I'd buy the shitake mushrooms out of a pin based on this.

10 kittens perish every time Chris Pratt says "Letsa go".

#34249 1 year ago

10 kittens perish every time Chris Pratt says "Letsa go".

More reasons to love it.

#34250 1 year ago

This is a proven fallacy. The overwhelming majority of people want to work. It is in our DNA to be productive. Being exploited however, is not.

Quoted from Vespula:

That's back when people wanted to work. They'll be lucky to find 150 people even at $50 an hour that can do anything.
Random fact: I was born in Sioux Falls. Other than that I've never been there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 685 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/685?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.