STTNG triple face palm (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
812C3A11-87C0-4613-B5BC-CB1AB5FD3454 (resized).jpeg
6FFE4895-8AD2-4057-8CCB-07853D3C2A41 (resized).jpeg
okaaaay_okay.gif
Batman-Smoke-Screen (resized).png
Screenshot_20221125_235447 (resized).jpg
pinside ignored (resized).PNG

There are 34,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 683 of 688.
#34101 10 days ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I hope they don't F up the new Indiana Jones Movie.

As long as audiences value nostalgia at any cost over fresh ideas, you will continue to get shitty cash-in movies. Raiders of the Lost Ark was new once upon a time, and it was great. But an action movie starring a frikkin' 80-year-old man? Give me and him a break.

#34102 10 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

As long as audiences value nostalgia at any cost over fresh ideas, you will continue to get shitty cash-in movies. Raiders of the Lost Ark was new once upon a time, and it was great. But an action movie starring a frikkin' 80-year-old man? Give me and him a break.

Clint Eastwood was 78 in Gran Torino. I wonder where the price point would be where people would pass on a pin or their sales would start to dwindle. Its almost $11k for a Premium with tax/shipping. A couple years ago you could get a premium with what a pro costs now. I feel like they would sell less and less if their prices keep going this way.

#34103 10 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Clint Eastwood was 78 in Gran Torino.

Yeah but Gran Torino is about an elderly man adjusting to his rapidly changing modern setting...

#34104 10 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but Gran Torino is about an elderly man adjusting to his rapidly changing modern setting...

I believe you just described half the population of Pinside

#34105 10 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

I believe you just described half the population of Pinside

That would require them making a selfless sacrifice to save others ala Jesus Christ (that movie really hits you over the head with the whole white savior angle)

#34106 9 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Everyone is going to downvote this. Thumbs down away I guess, everyone hates facts.

I like facts. I just downvoted because no one else had and I didn't want you to be disappointed.

#34107 9 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

First two are really fringe. Anyone really care that much about Clint anymore? We have Dirty Harry already and I don't see much clamor to redo it. Gaslands could be cool as a non-licensed title and same for bar games (kind of like October Fest). I thought October Fest was a good idea, just not executed well.

The info I have leans on the Mad Max Films.

#34108 9 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Clint Eastwood was 78 in Gran Torino. I wonder where the price point would be where people would pass on a pin or their sales would start to dwindle. Its almost $11k for a Premium with tax/shipping. A couple years ago you could get a premium with what a pro costs now. I feel like they would sell less and less if their prices keep going this way.

Proving to be fact.
Stern Pinball Price point maxxed out, over extended to the point of upper limit exceeded for most buyers.
As with JJP Stern Pinball tested the limits and found it for sure.
In a world gone into recession, the bean counters may need to be very careful with future pricing structure.
I would have thought well priced units and volume of sales would exceed overpriced units ?

Bond LE still available here down under, very rare occurrence as LE's are usually spoken for immediately here.

007 (resized).JPG

#34109 9 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Proving to be fact.
Stern Pinball Price point maxxed out, over extended to the point of upper limit exceeded for most buyers.
As with JJP Stern Pinball tested the limits and found it for sure.
In a world gone into recession, the bean counters may need to be very careful with future pricing structure.
I would have thought well priced units and volume of sales would exceed overpriced units ?
Bond LE still available here down under, very rare occurrence as LE's are usually spoken for immediately here.
[quoted image]

The pricing is outrageous for you. Incredible that Stern is killing the golden goose. Over the $20k mark is unreal. Will people buying at that price ever hope to get their money back if they decide to sell?

#34110 9 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

[quoted image]

Wow , that says a lot , I don't think I've seen that since Iron Maiden .
Bonds should have been an instant sell-out but with the price hike and a 1000le's now , maybe not surprising it hasn't sold as well as they would have hoped .

#34111 9 days ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think it’s as important to use licenses that give full assets and a degree of flexibility as it is to get “dream theme” licenses. No one actually wants their dream theme made without the associated music, voices, art they expect (tailored to a modern pinball machine).

Yeah , I wouldn't want to make a pin unless I could get all assets I wanted but having said that , a lot of people love their Deadpool and Jurassic Park games .

#34112 9 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The pricing is outrageous for you

The pricing is virtually the same!!! Doesn't any of you guys understand currency conversion??
Our dollar is SHIT against yours >> $20,500 AUD on current conversion rate is $13,620 USD. If you factor in shipping costs for the distro, which is most likely included in our price, then that works out extremely close.

#34113 9 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The pricing is virtually the same!!! Doesn't any of you guys understand currency conversion??
Our dollar is SHIT against yours >> $20,500 AUD on current conversion rate is $13,620 USD. If you factor in shipping costs for the distro, which is most likely included in our price, then that works out extremely close.

Not sure what you’re using for a currency conversion calculator, but just used XE.com. USD $13k is AUD $19,554.00. So yeah, your price is very high. I’m sure a dollar is still a dollar to you just like to us in the US. I recall it wasn’t that long ago when AUD was worth more than USD. Although $13k here in the US is also crazy high for any pinball machine, no matter the maker. Going forward, most other titles won’t garner that extreme price hike, that’s for sure. Sure glad pros are still somewhat decent at only a 1% price bump for bond pro. Stern pros are best value in pinball.

#34114 9 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure what you’re using for a currency conversion calculator, but just used XE.com. USD $13k is AUD $19,554.00.

Just looked on there and it was showing $13,637 (that's converting $20,500AUD to USD) so yup fluctuates depending on source i guess.
Last time i recall our dollar being better would have to be at least 10 years ago give or take, remember it reasonably well cause i bought a couple of RC drag cars way cheaper from the US (including shipping) than they were going for here.
Price is crazy i agree though!! The distro (AMD) in RA77's post was originally showing the price of Pro's and Premium's, can't recall off the top of my head the Pro price but the Premiums were $14,950 AUD. Now the website is showing just the $TBA which makes me a tad nervous as i've already put my name down for a Prem Last contact i had with AMD they told me they don't know what their Premium allocation would be yet so still waiting on confirmation. Agree with my Aussie compatriots that a lot of guys who would have been auto in for the LE's have or are having 2nd thoughts (or already pulled the pin).

#34115 9 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just looked on there and it was showing $13,637 (that's converting $20,500AUD to USD) so yup fluctuates depending on source i guess.

Not to mention the extra shipping to go half way around the world. I ordered a Fathom from Haggis. I expect the shipping to be 20-25% of the game cost by the time it gets here, so be grateful for the larger shipping quantities coming south from Stern...

#34116 9 days ago

I also think they need to get their pricing under control. I think that's what killed their home pins. For $1,500ish more you could just get a Pro. Then again I know the home pin buyer isn't the same as a person buying a Pro/Pre. They are more likely the person who wants to fill out their little rec room with Arcade 1ups or a Virtual pinball. I think first time buyers are in shock of how expensive this hobby can be. Especially now with pin-flation where a used is basically the same price as new. For me Bond does look really fun and it would go nice next to my Deadpool. I would rather save my money and see what the next cornerstone is at these prices.

#34117 9 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not to mention the extra shipping to go half way around the world. I ordered a Fathom from Haggis. I expect the shipping to be 20-25% of the game cost by the time it gets here, so be grateful for the larger shipping quantities coming south from Stern

TBH we get shafted more on shipping here than you guys generally do, particularly when it comes to ordering parts from suppliers like Marco. The shipping charges are completely ridiculous for the size and weight of the items involved and quite often at least double the charge that it would be to reverse ship.
The $637 USD difference in the conversion rate mentioned (as opposed to your LE's being 13K) accounts for the cost for the distro to get it shipped via container which of course they would at least have a full container of machines.
Not sure if you are referring to having your Fathom air shipped? I know that a lot of the US guys have had theirs shipped that way instead of sea freight.

#34118 9 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The pricing is outrageous for you. Incredible that Stern is killing the golden goose. Over the $20k mark is unreal. Will people buying at that price ever hope to get their money back if they decide to sell?

Pinball has been an abnormal hobby for a good few years as people expect to buy a new game, play it, and then get money back or make a profit.

Highly unusual behaviour in the world of consumables.

That said, there is one thing moving a game on and taking a small loss, as opposed to a huge hit.

At these prices, huge hits on re-sale will be the new normal.

#34119 9 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pinball has been an abnormal hobby for a good few years as people expect to buy a new game, play it, and then get money back or make a profit.
Highly unusual behaviour in the world of consumables.
That said, there is one thing moving a game on and taking a small loss, as opposed to a huge hit.
At these prices, huge hits on re-sale will be the new normal.

I just hope this pin market will correct in a year or two. Then prices can hopefully go back to where they were pre-covid

#34120 9 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure what you’re using for a currency conversion calculator, but just used XE.com. USD $13k is AUD $19,554.00. So yeah, your price is very high. I’m sure a dollar is still a dollar to you just like to us in the US. I recall it wasn’t that long ago when AUD was worth more than USD. Although $13k here in the US is also crazy high for any pinball machine, no matter the maker. Going forward, most other titles won’t garner that extreme price hike, that’s for sure. Sure glad pros are still somewhat decent at only a 1% price bump for bond pro. Stern pros are best value in pinball.

For what it is worth, I am an Aussie and proud of it.

You are forgetting to add freight to get the games to Australia, and then GST on the freight and machine. Also Import duties and taxes for the imported product.

#34121 9 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I just hope this pin market will correct in a year or two. Then prices can hopefully go back to where they were pre-covid

I think it's already happening... with the huge production number Sterns from the past 2 years at least. Distros still sitting on unsold Rush and Led Zepps. And you'll never need to pay full retail for a TS4.

#34122 9 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

For what it is worth, I am an Aussie and proud of it.
You are forgetting to add freight to get the games to Australia, and then GST on the freight and machine. Also Import duties and taxes for the imported product.

You guys eat vegemite. That just shows how tuff you all are. I do feel like you all do get really screwed on the import fees.

#34123 8 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

You guys eat vegemite. That just shows how tuff you all are. I do feel like you all do get really screwed on the import fees.

Ha ha! Vegemite is not my favourite thing to eat. We are getting screwed hard at the moment due to the exchange rate. It is the lowest for us for years.

I know a lot of repeat LE buyers and the price is definitely going to slow LE sales down a fair bit in Australia.

#34124 8 days ago

I wish we had australian prices. Compared to us here in Europe you are getting Pinball machines quite cheap

LE in Germany
in EUR: 17300
In USD: 18000
In AUD: 26700

They seem all sold

Premium
In EUR: 12289
In USD: 12820
In AUD: 18980

The first run Pro/Premium are still available from distros

#34125 8 days ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I wish we had australian prices. Compared to us here in Europe you are getting Pinball machines quite cheap
LE in Germany
They seem all sold
Premium

The hobby is becoming more and more expensive every day. You guys certainly have it rough in Europe.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34126 8 days ago

Speaking of the hobby, yes its really weird greedy angry fomo shit sometimes.

Otherwise all of this is very luxury peak of first world problems . I try to care less about pinball and let it go for a while. Europe is a good place to live. Still most normal people could not have bought NIB pins when they were "cheap".
What pinheads sometimes tend to say is "damn these prices, i cannot afford to buy ANY new pin no more" which is not really a sad story

#34127 8 days ago

How does it even work in non US countries? When does the distro pay for machines? If it's when they are ready to go on a container how do they even give accurate prices when customers have stuff on order for months, their currency could have significantly increased or decreased in that time.

#34128 8 days ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

LE in Germany
They seem all sold
Premium

Those EUR prices suck and wonder how much is import tax. Knowing my Brethrens around the world are getting screwed in multiple positions makes me wonder if the outrageous prices paid in US are a “good deal”. We are starting with an 22% discount*.

* LE’s $18k - $14k / $18k = 22%
PREM’s $12.8k - $9.8k / $12.8k = 23%

#34129 8 days ago

The USD is very strong at the moment because of rising interest rates. One factor that foreign countries currency compared to the USD is that countries who aren't rising interest rates as fast as the US have a currency which isn't holding up as well comparatively.

#34130 8 days ago
Quoted from davidlldennis:

The USD is very strong at the moment because of rising interest rates. One factor that foreign countries currency compared to the USD is that countries who aren't rising interest rates as fast as the US have a currency which isn't holding up as well comparatively.

Yes, but the Euro is still a bit stronger than USD. I think the VAT and extra shipping charges is what is having the most impact for Europeans. At least I hope the prices being posted already include the VAT...

#34131 8 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yes, but the Euro is still a bit stronger than USD. I think the VAT and extra shipping charges is what is having the most impact for Europeans. At least I hope the prices being posted already include the VAT...

how much is VAT in Germany that is included? Would that include trade tariffs?

#34132 8 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

how much is VAT in Germany that is included? Would that include trade tariffs?

19% I think. I was interested and looked it up, here's VAT for some different countires

https://www.pinled.de/en/i/prices-for-other-eu-countries

#34133 8 days ago

Yes VAT is 19%

At the time of bond release EUR/USD was around 1/1

Now EUR is up 5% again (10% to the very low)

I guess prices are fixed once a batch is ordered, secured by actual dollars if not paid up front to Stern

#34134 8 days ago

The main point is Stern is behind all this price scalping mess. They single handedly shot up the price of the LEs from GZ $10,5k to Bond $13k, killing the LE market. That’s a whopping $2500 in one blow, forget exchange rates. Its Stern that carries the main blame here.

#34135 8 days ago

Does stern have kids? Wonder if he's trying to pump up the numbers to be more attractive for a potential sale of company.

#34136 8 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The main point is Stern is behind all this price scalping mess. They single handedly shot up the price of the LEs from GZ $10,5k to Bond $13k, killing the LE market. That’s a whopping $2500 in one blow, forget exchange rates. Its Stern that carries the main blame here.

Some Taylor Swift resale ticket prices soared past $28,000 USD. And they sold.. so, it's not just Stern, unfortunately. As long as there's buyers, they'll charge those prices.

#34137 8 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I am just curious on this thought, do you wish all pin prices would go down?

#34138 8 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Does stern have kids? Wonder if he's trying to pump up the numbers to be more attractive for a potential sale of company.

He already sold the company.
Gary isn't in charge anymore, he's a spokesperson with a minority stake.

They're moving him towards the door already, that's why that Disney guy was hired.

#34139 8 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They're moving him towards the door already, that's why that Disney guy was hired.

Do we know he sold the whole thing? I thought he just sold a large stake in it (likely a controlling interest) back when they almost went under in 2008.

#34140 8 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do we know he sold the whole thing? I thought he just sold a large stake in it (likely a controlling interest) back when they almost went under in 2008.

Well, if you sell the majority share of the company: you've sold the company.
51%+ is all that matters.

I'm sure they try and make Gary happy to some extent, but all the big decisions aren't his anymore.
Sorta like Jack..... it's not his company anymore either. He's along for the ride, but he ain't calling the shots.

At this point, they both have financial pros building up the companies for a sale someday. I'm sure they're both happy seeing their minority shares worth more today than they ever were when they owned it all. Happens all the time with small business when a founder gets bought out. Dollar signs and greed take over.

What will be really interesting is the day pinheads wake up and the headline news is "Stern sold to xxxxxx". Then as bad as it is now, it'll get so much worse. Whomever buys it will have to recoup the purchase price of the transaction, and once again players get boned. Cheaper games, higher prices.
I hope we can get someone to be a credible competition to Stern and JJP at some point. There's no checks and balances in this market.
Stern could have been the McDonald's of pinball and instead they want to be "a lifestyle brand".

#34141 8 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Everything coming out of disney is trash. Im guessing the cool edgy stuff is out and the pc trash is in. Thats awesome.

#34142 8 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Some Taylor Swift resale ticket prices soared past $28,000 USD. And they sold.. so, it's not just Stern, unfortunately. As long as there's buyers, they'll charge those prices.

28 large to see Taylor swift, jeesh no artist is worth that lol!!

#34143 8 days ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Everything coming out of disney is trash. Im guessing the cool edgy stuff is out and the pc trash is in. Thats awesome.

EVERYTHING? I doubt that. And now that Bob Paycheck is gone, Iger can bring them back to storytelling as the focus.

They completely scrapped the Blade creative team and the new one may go for an R version. So that's one for the Blade fans.

Also, STAR WARS:Andor was very well-received. So that's at least two recent Disney decisions that are pro-fan.

#34144 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EVERYTHING? I doubt that. And now that Bob Paycheck is gone, Iger can bring them back to storytelling as the focus.
They completely scrapped the Blade creative team and the new one may go for an R version. So that's one for the Blade fans.
Also, STAR WARS:Andor was very well-received. So that's at least two recent Disney decisions that are pro-fan.

yeah. sounds great.

#34145 7 days ago

yeah. sounds great.

Serious how many star wars spin offs/ tangents will they make? Lucas should have stopped after the first trilogy.

#34146 7 days ago
Screenshot_20221124-202307_Facebook (resized).jpg
#34147 7 days ago

Serious how many star wars spin offs/ tangents will they make? Lucas should have stopped after the first trilogy.

A> Andor is not Lucas-helmed
B> That means it had a chance
C> It's great. Have you watched it? If you liked the first three (or any one of them), Andor should give you the same feelings, but it's a darker Star Wars story.

#34148 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> Andor is not Lucas-helmed
B> That means it had a chance
C> It's great. Have you watched it? If you liked the first three (or any one of them), Andor should give you the same feelings, but it's a darker Star Wars story.

I know Lucas is done there as he sold out. Andor is just more wierd modern cgi trash. Nuff said. Move on. F Disney.

#34149 7 days ago

I know Lucas is done there as he sold out. Andor is just more wierd modern cgi trash. Nuff said. Move on. F Disney.

Have you WATCHED Andor? Because that is pretty far from what I would classify it as.

#34150 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you WATCHED Andor? Because that is pretty far from what I would classify it as.

Didn’t you hear him? Nuff said. Move on. Prince66cali has spoken. Nuff said. Move on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
There are 34,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 683 of 688.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!