pinside ignored (resized).PNG
7238y5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221124-202307_Facebook (resized).jpg
007 (resized).JPG
3E1A0239-AAF8-4FD0-8D49-DE4FECE82F1B (resized).jpeg
6EB0E35C-DE09-4207-A8CB-617BEB519126 (resized).jpeg
75E7C240-FBF0-41FB-A9AF-9C11456370C7 (resized).jpeg
71fb36 (resized).jpg

There are 34,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 671 of 686.
#33501 54 days ago

Dahmer pin when?

dahmerslapsave (resized).jpg

#33502 54 days ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Dahmer pin when?
[quoted image]

Hahaha yeeeeikes

#33503 54 days ago
A7BB1790-0E15-44ED-9CFB-3FFF7841070D (resized).jpeg
#33504 54 days ago

No kidding lol.

#33505 54 days ago

For those waiting on games to be built this month, I just got this from a dealer: "Stern had to halt production as they were waiting on parts to come in (boards in particular). The boards came in today so they will be testing and building again next week."

#33506 52 days ago

The other interesting thing is that Bond and especially Bond 60th are definitely a collaboration with Joe K, but there is no mention of Kapow anywhere? So it seems that the designation is gone or they at least have stopped using it? Anyway, it is normally 2-3 years between "Kapow" games, so the next one will be in the 2025 time frame roughly.

#33507 52 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The other interesting thing is that Bond and especially Bond 60th are definitely a collaboration with Joe K, but there is no mention of Kapow anywhere? So it seems that the designation is gone or they at least have stopped using it? Anyway, it is normally 2-3 years between "Kapow" games, so the next one will be in the 2025 time frame roughly.

Which is exactly the 40th anniversary for BTTF.

BTTF 2025. Book it!

#33508 52 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The other interesting thing is that Bond and especially Bond 60th are definitely a collaboration with Joe K, but there is no mention of Kapow anywhere?

Why would you think Kapow is affiliated with either Bond game if it wasn't mentioned anywhere?

#33509 52 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Which is exactly the 40th anniversary for BTTF.
BTTF 2025. Book it!

Mannnn. I hope it doesn't take that long...

#33510 52 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Why would you think Kapow is affiliated with either Bond game if it wasn't mentioned anywhere?

Yeah, I don't think Kapow is involved at all.

Stern doesn't want to share all that delicious cash with anyone!!! No more studio titles going forward, Stern is 100% all for themselves now.

#33512 52 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah, I don't think Kapow is involved at all.

Not what I heard.

Quoted from PinStalker:

Stern doesn't want to share all that delicious cash with anyone!!! No more studio titles going forward, Stern is 100% all for themselves now.

This still fits with my original observations . The label is the part that's gone, maybe a smaller cut for securing the theme extensions from the slots. The whole Kapow thing just confused people anyway.

#33513 52 days ago
Screenshot_20221009_194404 (resized).jpg
#33514 51 days ago

does anyone know if either michael j. fox or christopher lloyd has a restraining order against crujones4life?

#33515 51 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone know if either michael j. fox or christopher lloyd has a restraining order against crujones4life?

Both most likely

#33516 51 days ago

Lolololol...now that's just hurtful.

#33517 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For Stern:
Simpsons treehouse of horror
Batman the animated series
Futurama
Adventure Time
Pokemon (for earnings reasons mostly)
Akira

Lol, my kids watched Adventure Time… what a weird show. Out of the stuff they liked I’d rather see Gravity Falls

#33518 51 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Gotta admit, Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd are a class act. Parkinson's could have cut short Michael's career, but he just reinvented himself and decided to put up a fight, bless him and his wife Tracey who's always stood by! https://www.michaeljfox.org/michaels-story.

crujones4life? He's obviously a big fan of BTTF, must be a Grail pin from him. No harm in that! (Short of spamming this thread with pics, lol)

And it would be a fantastic, fun, pin if done right tbh!

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada folks!

#33519 51 days ago

The really strange thing to think about is...... in the mirror universe, both Christopher Loyd and Michael J Fox want a Cru pinball machine as their dream theme!!!

#33520 51 days ago

They probably welcome the enthusiasm. If bttf does get made … I think someone said it before…..? That crujones4life should be given one free of charge for all his devotion and push for the machine.

#33521 51 days ago

A Gravity Falls pinball would be crazy fun and bring some younger blood into the game. My son had us watch the show and it was quite enjoyable.

#33522 51 days ago

Retro, music, trending... The Stern model, which seems to cover all the bases to maximize profitability.

Retro... Anything older than Justin Bieber is up for grabs (JAWS, BTTF are top of the wish list for many).
Music... If they can get The Beatles, they can get anyone (Ozzy Osborne, Pink Floyd, Van Halen... the sky's the limit here).
Trending... Hot new TV shows that the whole world is talking about (Rings of Power, House of Dragon, Cobra Kai... you know the drill by now).

Maybe, once in a blue moon, they'll throw in an original theme... but they don't sell well.

So, Bond ticks the retro box, now we move on to music or trending. The problem with trending, you have to strike while the iron is hot, so it can be a gamble. Retro and music are sure things.

My retro choice...

airplane (resized).jpg

#33523 51 days ago

I would definitely go for an Airplane game!
Also, I never knew I would enjoy watching Lego Masters that much! Stern could show off TS4 by doing a great Lego pin..! (And no, it doesn't have to be a Lego Star Wars, lol)

lego-star-wars-summer-vacation_w8st0zgz_480x.progressive.jpg
#33524 51 days ago

Based on a mixture of people with inside information (and not just blurting out dream themes), a Ouija Board and rolling chicken bones; my best guess for the next three from Stern will be Venom, Jaws and a music pin. After that? LCD versions of LOTR, GB or even TRON are possible during or after that mix.

I'd be passing on Venom and maybe buying Jaws - especially if its Elwin. Music pin depends on the band. Ozzie would be interesting...

#33525 51 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Based on a mixture of people with inside information (and not just blurting out dream themes), a Ouija Board and rolling chicken bones; my best guess for the next three from Stern will be Venom, Jaws and a music pin. After that? LCD versions of LOTR, GB or even TRON are possible during or after that mix.
I'd be passing on Venom and maybe buying Jaws - especially if its Elwin. Music pin depends on the band. Ozzie would be interesting...

I will be passing on all of those unless Venom is "Venom" and "Venom" is Cobra Kai. What a badass theme.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33526 51 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern cornerstone Spike2 music pins are historically in the Dec-Mar release timeframe, so I would expect the music pin next or not at all this cycle. 2019 and 2020 non-music pins took the slot, so skipping one or even two years for music pins isn't unprecedented.

#33527 50 days ago

It’s actual a pretty sophisticated show with really clever and inventive writing. Not actually a kids show if you ask me. There is quite a large adult fan base for good reason.

Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, my kids watched Adventure Time… what a weird show. Out of the stuff they liked I’d rather see Gravity Falls

#33528 50 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

My retro choice...
[quoted image]

ID prefer a Flying High pin .

IMG_20221011_231503 (resized).jpg
#33529 50 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Retro, music, trending... The Stern model, which seems to cover all the bases to maximize profitability.
Retro... Anything older than Justin Bieber is up for grabs (JAWS, BTTF are top of the wish list for many).
Music... If they can get The Beatles, they can get anyone (Ozzy Osborne, Pink Floyd, Van Halen... the sky's the limit here).
Trending... Hot new TV shows that the whole world is talking about (Rings of Power, House of Dragon, Cobra Kai... you know the drill by now).
Maybe, once in a blue moon, they'll throw in an original theme... but they don't sell well.
So, Bond ticks the retro box, now we move on to music or trending. The problem with trending, you have to strike while the iron is hot, so it can be a gamble. Retro and music are sure things.
My retro choice...
[quoted image]

Add in Marvel unless you’re including that in trending, Gary said in a recent interview -music, marvel, film or tv

#33530 50 days ago

As for a completely random request for a new stern pinball based on an obscure theme that will never happen...I submit "Quark"
Screenshot_20221011-065810 (resized).png

#33531 50 days ago

Thank God any talk of a Foo Fighters pin has ceased.

#33532 50 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thank God any talk of a Foo Fighters pin has ceased.

Until now.

#33533 50 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

pasted_image (resized).png

Sabbath would be nice, Judas Priest as well

#33534 50 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

[quoted image]
Sabbath would be nice, Judas Priest as well

I read it real quick as a Ouija themed pin. That could be interesting but Sabbath would be a dream theme.

#33535 50 days ago

Breaking! Im watching some lame ass IT security training and it appears it was filmed at Stern! Codename VENOM

20221011_094059 (resized).jpg
#33536 50 days ago

They would have to do the animated version but a Tick pin would be awesome. The call outs would great.

EA1FC08B-F8C3-4819-B6BC-A16350ADBA54 (resized).jpeg
#33537 50 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As for a completely random request for a new stern pinball based on an obscure theme that will never happen...I submit "Quark"

Sorry, but dare I ask what would be wrong with doing a pinball with the barnstable twins?! Seems there's plenty for some great cabinet art.. just saying!
ipu09ohi4k771.jpg

#33538 50 days ago

Also, comes to mind there should be a Pinside thread for games Stern should NEVER make.. lol, just saying!

#33539 50 days ago

I have watched the entirety of adventure time at least a dozen times now. In my thirties the first time I saw it. I would probably be willing to buy 10 at today's prices to get that theme made, and my wife would be okay with it. Might even raise me to 15. The first season was a quirky kids show, the rest is a brilliant trip squarely for adults in the frame of a kids show.

#33540 50 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Also, comes to mind there should be a Pinside thread for games Stern should NEVER make.. lol, just saying!

Great idea!

I just started one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-notthenextsternpin-#post-7183198

#33541 50 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sorry, but dare I ask what would be wrong with doing a pinball with the barnstable twins?! Seems there's plenty for some great cabinet art.. just saying!
[quoted image]

Paging SLCpunk2113

#33542 50 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There's already been at least one. Why else would I have a Schindler's List backglass in my pinball folder...?

schindler's list (resized).jpg
#33543 50 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's already been at least one. Why else would I have a Schindler's List backglass in my pinball folder...?[quoted image]

That would be such a wrong choice of a game for so many reasons. But the movie itself is greatness!

#33544 50 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That would be such a wrong choice of a game for so many reasons. But the movie itself is greatness!

Of course. When that other thread from a few years ago wanted worst choices for pinball themes, I immediately thought of that. Fantastic, moving film, completely safe from ever being a pinball machine.

#33545 50 days ago

Murder She Wrote

RIP Angela Lansbury

#33546 50 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Paging SLCpunk2113

Why am I being paged?

#33547 50 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why am I being paged?

Dunno, something either about a Quark pinball OR the Barnstable twins?
1734c65cf80c34874a48baf189fec9ec.gif

#33548 50 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s actual a pretty sophisticated show with really clever and inventive writing. Not actually a kids show if you ask me. There is quite a large adult fan base for good reason.

I stumbled on adventure time a couple years ago. I really loved the comedy and story telling. It replaced futurama as a before bed show for a while.

#33549 50 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Murder She Wrote
RIP Angela Lansbury

Damn. Age 96. That’s a good run.

#33550 49 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why am I being paged?

35546D72-7072-48EC-8ABB-D7B5C96C872E.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26,000.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 34,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 671 of 686.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!