Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 935.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Is Elvira 3 been confirmed one version or multiple versions that what I really want to know

Both in a way I guess.

As far as I remember it has been said that it's no regular release, BUT while there from my understanding is no Pro model (only if someone else engineers it) there can still br multiple Versions of the game. Like Batmann 66 or Beatles.

#3252 4 years ago

I hope they vault avengers but make the centre ramp tighter so they can add a second hulk.

I would also like to see a Tommy remake, except that it’s a game about Tommy Floyd providing exceptional customer service to those that deserve it. The warped pf guy appears in modes etc. like the $2 kid from better off dead.

#3254 4 years ago

I would pony up $ for a LCD modern Tron VE but it would have to have all the goodies on it.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Yep, it's all about the distributor....I recieved an Aerosmith with an insanely warped playfield. My distributor worked with Stern very closely and checked with them often. After a month or two they decided to replace the playfield, but the real story is that my distributor was going to buy the game back from me if stern did not replace the playfield. That's what your looking for in a distributor.

My distributor wont even get back with me. It been months since i heard from him. I sent emails after emails cause that how he want to be contacted. Mr Trent A.

#3256 4 years ago

Distrib told my bar owner friend that Elvira would be around August....

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If that's true, then Brian Eddy's pin is now the end of the year? That seems weird. Elvira seems like a much better fit for Pinball Expo in October.

#3258 4 years ago

If any designer can bring the B/W magic to stern, it’s brian eddy. The three games he designed are some of the best ever made and he has had 20 years to think of cool new ideas. Whatever the theme is, it’s gonna be special

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's true, then Brian Eddy's pin is now the end of the year? That seems weird. Elvira seems like a much better fit for Pinball Expo in October.

Two ways to look at that. One is announcing in October along with all the Halloween activity.

Another would be to announce in say late August and have all three models up and running on the line (not just Pros) for the month of October when people are in the mood to buy something with a spooky theme.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Two ways to look at that. One is announcing in October along with all the Halloween activity.
Another would be to announce in say late August and have all three models up and running on the line (not just Pros) for the month of October when people are in the mood to buy something with a spooky theme.

Agree with the second part of your statement. You don’t want to wait till October to bring the game out. You want it out and available before hand.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But if that's the case, Eddy's game is now the very end of the year or 1Q 2020. Boo.

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'm really hoping Eddy's pin isn't Jurassic World. But one thing The Shadow taught me is theme doesn't make a great pin. It helps, but the code and design are where it's at, regardless of the theme. Brian's got a sterling record, so I'm hoping it continues...

05A94A59-B48D-4AC4-B7A3-27EDEF38ADBA.gif05A94A59-B48D-4AC4-B7A3-27EDEF38ADBA.gif
#3263 4 years ago

Hey Stern, Jaws Please!

#3264 4 years ago

This may be a sign!

08591EC5-99BD-424B-ABD4-BFB7CE5F8059 (resized).jpeg08591EC5-99BD-424B-ABD4-BFB7CE5F8059 (resized).jpeg
#3265 4 years ago

Thats the stern gift shop.

Quoted from ausretrogamer:

This may be a sign![quoted image]

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Different than what I heard a few days ago. Another title then Elvira (which is what I think most have been saying for a while). Don’t really care either way, but anxiously awaiting Elvira reveal this year.

#3267 4 years ago

To me, Jurassic World was a boring movie, but I hope they can make a great pinball with the theme.
Jurassic Parc was nicely done with the ball eating dinosaur as a good toy.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

To me, Jurassic World was a boring movie, but I hope they can make a great pinball with the theme.
Jurassic Parc was nicely done with the ball eating dinosaur as a good toy.

Just like with Shadow it wasn’t a great movie but the pin is one of the best ever made imo, I just hope if Stern do another JP pin they try to out do the previous two and don’t just give us a T-Rex bash toy with a magnet in front of it.

#3269 4 years ago

Jurassic World 3 isnt set to release until summer 2021 but Universal Studios is opening a Jurassic World ride this summer and is rumour to have a short film coming out this summer as well.
https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-shooting-secret-ireland/

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jurassic World 3 isnt set to release until summer 2021 but Universal Studios is opening a Jurassic World ride this summer and is rumour to have a short film coming out this summer as well.
https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-shooting-secret-ireland/

Base the pin on the first JW that was pretty entertaining, the second one Fallen Kingdom started off well enough but by the 2nd and 3rd act was utter garbage if they go even more out there with the 3rd it’s likely going to be Jurassic World: In Space.

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Base the pin on the first JW that was pretty entertaining, the second one Fallen Kingdom started off well enough but by the 2nd and 3rd act was utter garbage if they go even more out there with the 3rd it’s likely going to be Jurassic World: In Space.

I'd watch aliens vs dinosaurs lol

#3272 4 years ago

So any rumors about a Lord of the Rings vault edition?

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

So any rumors about a Lord of the Rings vault edition?

It's around. I don't know why Stern is taking so long though. It will obliterate sales numbers on all other vaults because of the jankiness of the original LotR that Spike will fix (and the addition of color and shaker support). It would be great (althought probably too much to ask) if they had the playfield redrawn like Spiderman Vault to have actual ART instead of a photoshop collage. But even without that, it has huge potential for sales. Probably would eclipse sales of some of the first-run games, too.

#3274 4 years ago

I'm still hoping they do tron

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's around. I don't know why Stern is taking so long though. It will obliterate sales numbers on all other vaults because of the jankiness of the original LotR that Spike will fix (and the addition of color and shaker support). It would be great (althought probably too much to ask) if they had the playfield redrawn like Spiderman Vault to have actual ART instead of a photoshop collage. But even without that, it has huge potential for sales. Probably would eclipse sales of some of the first-run games, too.

Maybe they are going full lcd with it? I’m interested either way but upgraded sound and full lcd would be incredible.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3276 4 years ago

Brian Eddy Godzilla next

#3277 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe they are going full lcd with it? I’m interested either way but upgraded sound and full lcd would be incredible.

Since it's Spike, they'll have to moderately re-do the graphics due to the changed aspect ratio, but they're not that complicated so I can't imagine it's that big a deal unless they re-do scenes or add video from the movie (unnecessary IMO). But, the list of things that will be upgraded compared to the original release just by updating to Spike is very attractive (color screen, shaker support, much better sound, end to flipper fade, etc) and will make it a must-buy for a lot of people (me included). If they re-did the playfield like Spiderman Vault that would just be icing on the cake.

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I totally agree. Would love completely new art design but would be happy with just overall better quality and resolution of the Photoshop art. Better colors and lighting would be nice too. Shaker adds a nice touch but is not necessary. They key here is art and lighting.

The game itself is already amazing but I'm not paying NIB prices (it's getting ridiculous) if a Vault is on its way and I'm itching...

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Brian Eddy Godzilla next

God I hope so

#3280 4 years ago

I thought I read that when Brian Eddy was hired his first game would be in 2019. The guy is a pinball genius and he’s had 20 years to think of his next game. Think Elwin with Iron Maiden and Lawlor with DI. The game was in their head before they came on board. Eddy will be offered a choice of theme for what Stern has a licence for. He knows how to code so chances are the code won’t be half baked at launch. Borg, Ritchie, Gomez games are often derivatives of previous layouts. Hopefully Eddy will come up with something different but also special. Theme doesn’t worry me as long as it’s not a music pin. (My taste in music is not on Sterns list it seems) If Eddy’s not next up, I can wait.

#3281 4 years ago

Hey look, now it's not just me who knows that Tommy Floyd is a piece of shit!

tommyfloydisapieceofshit (resized).jpgtommyfloydisapieceofshit (resized).jpg
#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I have purchased 18 machines off Tommy. He is the absolute BEST distributor in the industry. His contribution to pinball should be applauded. His customer service is the best I have ever experienced. I could go on and on.....
Let me say this, it is scientifically proven that water and objects react differently to the energies of the people around them.
I think your playfield warped for a reason. Im happy stern rejected your warranty. Get out of the hobby before your contagious negative energy warps any of mine. Good riddance, don’t trip on your way out

ROFL.

What a community!

Support the piece of shit and demonize the guy who paid 8 grand for a warped playfield.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

ROFL.
What a community!
Support the piece of shit and demonize the guy who paid 8 grand for a warped playfield.

Why can you not just take your shit to its own thread?

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why can you not just take your shit to its own thread?

Just wanted to share the fact that Tommy is a liar and a piece of shit. He lied about me in this very thread! Slanderous. He is now a known liar and piece of garbage in the community... everyone who upvoted him and downvoted me should take a long look in the mirror. He lied to you about our interaction and transaction, made it seem like he was a hero, and you all believed him.

Bottom line is that I stood up for myself as a customer when he tried to jack up an already agreed upon price. He then ignored my e-mails for support because he didn't like me and only showed himself to slam me in this thread and have his Nitro brigade bros upvote his lies and BS. Not cool. But, that'll be my last post on the subject. Tommy=human garbage.

Enjoy your next Stern, fellas, pick a good distro, you may need it!

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just wanted to share the fact that Tommy is a liar and a piece of shit. He lied about me in this very thread! Slanderous. He is now a known liar and piece of garbage in the community... everyone who upvoted him and downvoted me should take a long look in the mirror. He lied to you about our interaction and transaction, made it seem like he was a hero, and you all believed him.
Bottom line is that I stood up for myself as a customer when he tried to jack up an already agreed upon price. He then ignored my e-mails for support because he didn't like me and only showed himself to slam me in this thread and have his Nitro brigade bros upvote his lies and BS. Not cool. But, that'll be my last post on the subject. Tommy=human garbage.

Jerry Power from Player One is a great guy to deal with and a generally nice person. Not sure why youd choose a distributor on the other side of the country. (Nothing against Tommy, idk the guy)

#3286 4 years ago

blues brothers would be a fun theme

#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

blues brothers would be a fun theme

It would be great to see a blues brothers but I am guessing the cost of the license will make it unattainable. Almost everyone in that film has passed away, that means you would have to deal with all of their estate holders. I really don’t want to have a blues brothers minus Ray, Dan, Aretha, John and James.

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

It would be great to see a blues brothers but I am guessing the cost of the license will make it unattainable. Almost everyone in that film has passed away, that means you would have to deal with all of their estate holders. I really don’t want to have a blues brothers minus Ray, Dan, Eretha, John and James.

oh man the list of characters is impressive Eretha! and Ray really was in it ? i forgot about that part ,belushi falling down the steep stairs wearing a small school desk , and a long massive chase scene turning into an elevator ride listening to easy listening muzak the movie was funny it is an old flick now but there is a lot of material to make a game from . maybe too complex though in licensing on the full effect but maybe just center it on john and james and the original movie

#3289 4 years ago

We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out and we're wearing sunglasses

#3290 4 years ago

Stern should do another update for Star Trek.

If you make it to Warp 9.9 your playfield warps!

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Hey look, now it's not just me who knows that Tommy Floyd is a piece of shit![quoted image]

So Tommy can’t keep his hands to himself, yikes.

#3292 4 years ago

Where are the mods? Can we keep this on topic? Maken, we get it, you don’t like your distributor. What does any of this have to do with the next Stern pin?

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

oh man the list of characters is impressive Eretha! and Ray really was in it ? i forgot about that part ,belushi falling down the steep stairs wearing a small school desk , and a long massive chase scene turning into an elevator ride listening to easy listening muzak the movie was funny it is an old flick now but there is a lot of material to make a game from . maybe too complex though in licensing on the full effect but maybe just center it on john and james and the original movie

Sorry somehow I meant Aretha, wasn’t paying attention when I typed. I am also talking about Ray Charles and his “shake your Tailfeather” scene. James Brown and the church scene. Finally I really want John Candy and John Belushi in it as well.

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Hope the rest of your purchases are problem free.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

Dragon, I don’t know why we are getting downvoted, but I want make this clear, I would love to see a Blues Brothers pin. IMO Sten would be the only one who could get all of the licenses to do the pin.. I hope they can do a Blues Brothers pin!

I understand that this thread is for those more informed than us, but going off the rails on wish lists is part of the fun. Also having Stern, a Chicago manufacturer, make a pin based off a Chicago movie should be on the drawing board.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Looks like Nitro might have sealed it own destiny .

#3297 4 years ago

I am thinking that it is not going to be Godzilla

#3298 4 years ago

Wouldnt be the first Eddy game based on a flop

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wouldnt be the first Eddy game based on a flop

You can hardly call a 65 year running franchise a flop.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can hardly call a 65 year running franchise a flop.

If a Godzilla game come out this summer that isnt tied into the modern franchise that would be odd. Having said that, the modern franchise IS a flop. The comment was more of a praise to Brian Eddys talents than a slam to Godzilla. Shadow is unwatchable but the game is amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/66?hl=cgpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.