Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 668 of 938.
#33351 1 year ago

It will be interesting to see if/when Stern announces their next game. The announcement is due in January for the next title based on their regular schedule. However, most people won't get their Bonds until April 2023, seven months from now. So, if Stern announces in January of 2023 people won't see their games until this time next year.

#33352 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

However, most people won't get their Bonds until April 2023

I think Stern will announce in January but may not deliver right away like they used to after announcement? Are backorders and backlogs going to have us waiting for months with nothing to do but nit pick-(watching the 007 hype thread extend out past its expiration date has been entertaining)

#33353 1 year ago

Out of all the games coming out right now-why I am most excited about 'Galactic Tank Force'

Who Knew?

#33354 1 year ago

The novelty will defiantly wear off by then. Kinda like spooky, you potentially wait a year to get your game: and by that time you are over the new car smell.

#33355 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Out of all the games coming out right now-why I am most excited about 'Galactic Tank Force'
Who Knew?

I’m right there with you.

#33356 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Pretty much all the cabs from the 90's DMD era and going forward (quite possibly some earlier also) were screen printed yes BUT on a vinyl substrate so essentially still a decal. They mostly weren't screen printed straight on the wood over a paint base.

This is correct.
I very much prefer the new printing methods, much easier to replace and repair.
Silk screen is cool but it is old tech used due to the lack of high def printers back then?
I dont care about silk screening nowadays

#33357 1 year ago

If there has to be another rock band pin, they should seriously consider Tenacious D. Jack Black is a big fan of pinball and would probably do the funniest callouts in pinball history.

Their Tommy parody was pure gold.

#33358 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If there has to be another rock band pin, they should seriously consider Tenacious D. Jack Black is a big fan of pinball and would probably do the funniest callouts in pinball history.

Their Tommy parody was pure gold.

I feel like Tenacious D would be a perfect theme. I don't think it would need to be a "Rock Band" pin though, more like the way Alice Cooper is done. The fact that Jack Black is a pinball fan could be huge for theme integration. Imagine him, an actual actor/voice actor, doing call outs the way Geddy and Alex do in Rush.

#33359 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I always go le. They hold value much better bc premiums are a dime a dozen. Every time I’ve sold a premium still in production I lost a ton. Avengers I took a bath on. Of course that was before the huge price increase so who knows now.

Often premiums can be rarer here in the U.K. where the market is far smaller than the U.S.

So both tend to hold well here, plus I couldn’t go LE this time round not with that all but confirmed Goldfinger LE coming.

#33361 1 year ago

If there is going to be a Goldfinger LE, why would they delay this compared to the current LE and I would assume the price would increase as well with less units total. As it stands the Bond machines are delayed quite a bit. This should have been the LE from the beginning.

#33362 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

This should have been the LE from the beginning.

DDD693B5-5209-4F93-A41E-BF9C20D0D444 (resized).jpegDDD693B5-5209-4F93-A41E-BF9C20D0D444 (resized).jpeg
#33363 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

If there is going to be a Goldfinger LE, why would they delay this compared to the current LE and I would assume the price would increase as well with less units total. As it stands the Bond machines are delayed quite a bit. This should have been the LE from the beginning.

Unless the Goldfinger LE is based on the single level version of the game designed by Elwin...

#33364 1 year ago

Seriously. Goldfinger LE is a maybe some day. Don't count on it. Just forget about it and maybe someday you will see it. Right now your choice is PRO/PREM/LE or SLE(cost tbd).

Quoted from wackenhut:

#33365 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

why would they delay this compared to the current LE

I could only imagine ..

39D43513-E14C-4B37-980D-DED4DE972C97 (resized).jpeg39D43513-E14C-4B37-980D-DED4DE972C97 (resized).jpeg

#33366 1 year ago

Just want to pop back in here and say this launch has been a complete s*** show back to your regularly scheduled programming.

#33367 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just want to pop back in here and say this launch has been a complete s*** show back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Agree, the excitement seems to be waning. Unfortunate.

#33368 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

#33369 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just want to pop back in here and say this launch

we still haven't seen one! ... just Stern trying to get pics taken down !

#33370 1 year ago

Well, the excitement for Bond is over.

Cool looking game, just a little before my time (personally). Ready for the next Stern.

There's going to be a music pin either next time or the time after..... so by mid 2023.

What are you hoping for?

Since we can assume it will be a rock pin..... My vote is:

Great+White+-+Once+Bitten (resized).jpgGreat+White+-+Once+Bitten (resized).jpg
#33371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Ready for the next Stern.There's going to be a music pin either next time or the time after..... so by mid 2023.
What are you hoping for?
[quoted image]

Greath White AND a Jaws.. that could be novel!

#33372 1 year ago

Get this one right and I’m in.
Great for pinball.

AC99852F-1817-4396-94A1-F1434B091772 (resized).jpegAC99852F-1817-4396-94A1-F1434B091772 (resized).jpeg

#33373 1 year ago

This band once set off an unapproved pyrotechnics display in a small club here in RI that resulted in the deaths of 100 people and 230 injuries. There are horrifying videos of people screaming while burning alive inside the club. So…I’m definitely not buying that one for location haha. Oh Also, they suck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire

Quoted from PinStalker:

Cool looking game, just a little before my time (personally). Ready for the next Stern.
There's going to be a music pin either next time or the time after..... so by mid 2023.
What are you hoping for?
[quoted image]

#33374 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

What are you hoping for?
[quoted image]

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This band once set off an unapproved pyrotechnics display in a small club here in RI that resulted in the deaths of 100 people and 230 injuries. There are horrifying videos of people screaming while burning alive inside the club. So…I’m definitely not buying that one for location haha. Oh Also, they suck.

So there is at least one person in the world who would want this pin.

Thats one too many.

What an avoidable tragedy..

#33375 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great for pinball.
[quoted image]

And if they do it, it better be the classic lineup. I'd allow some Sammy, but that's it. No Wolfgang or Gary Cherone nonsense. And there better be an M&M sorting minigame for PF bonus.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33376 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wrong..... that wasn't Great White.
The band that night was "Jack Russell's Great White". Great White was broken up before this, and it will never reform to the 80's roster. It's like the Beach Boys still being on tour without any of the Wilson brothers. Is that the Beach Boys? Nope.
Once Gene Simmons sells KISS, and the replacements burn down a stadium with ten thousand inside...... then Gene and Paul will be villains' right?
The nightclub was a really stupid tragedy born by unthinking people. Bad venue owner, bad pretender band. Both have nothing to do with the heyday of the 80's glam rock group.

#33377 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Wrong..... that wasn't Great White.
The band that night was "Jack Russell's Great White". Great White was broken up before this, and it will never reform to the 80's roster. It's like the Beach Boys still being on tour without any of the Wilson brothers. Is that the Beach Boys? Nope.
Once Gene Simmons sells KISS, and the replacements burn down a stadium with ten thousand inside...... then Gene and Paul will be villains' right?
The nightclub was a really stupid tragedy born by unthinking people. Bad venue owner, bad pretender band. Both have nothing to do with the heyday of the 80's glam rock group.

Regardless, nobody is buying a Great white pin, and anyone suggesting as much should be instabanned.

#33378 1 year ago

The Ramones would make the most sense in my opinion. Fast, upbeat punk rock songs that are short and sweet. Perfect for pinball! Would also love a Misfits pin but that would make a better Spooky game.

Ramones-Logo (resized).pngRamones-Logo (resized).png
#33379 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That is one seriously depressing read

#33380 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great for pinball.
[quoted image]

Van Halen could be awesome! Is it too much to ask that “everybody wants some” multi ball has the John Cusack / Pig Burger daydream cheeseburger stop animation-from the movie Better Off Dead included as an Easter Egg?
9D2F8A25-4986-4A10-A2E1-AF25080DBDEC (resized).jpeg9D2F8A25-4986-4A10-A2E1-AF25080DBDEC (resized).jpegA087E410-F244-46DD-8848-84F62E548E3A (resized).jpegA087E410-F244-46DD-8848-84F62E548E3A (resized).jpeg

#33381 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The band that night was "Jack Russell's Great White".

A dog had a rock band?

#33382 1 year ago

Lead singer Joe Cocker spaniel

#33383 1 year ago

With a PinBot vibe ELO would be great

CF98CD77-5EB9-4277-B5C9-C4C86DC2837A (resized).jpegCF98CD77-5EB9-4277-B5C9-C4C86DC2837A (resized).jpeg
#33384 1 year ago

Just give me Sabbath and I'll never need another music pin

#33385 1 year ago

I hope they do another announcement in December like normal.

#33386 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just give me Sabbath and I'll never need another music pin

Except Hendrix (with ZY artwork).

#33387 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Except Hendrix (with ZY artwork).

That's my ultimate theme, but I've never heard even a rumor, so Sabbath seems more likely. Dirty Donny would nail this one.

#33388 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The Ramones would make the most sense in my opinion. Fast, upbeat punk rock songs that are short and sweet. Perfect for pinball! Would also love a Misfits pin but that would make a better Spooky game.[quoted image]

Aww come on Brian. Couldn't spare a thumbs up even once? Even Mark threw me a thumbs up this time!

#33389 1 year ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

With a PinBot vibe ELO would be great
[quoted image]

God bless you, sir. Still my favorite band ever.

#33390 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like Tenacious D would be a perfect theme. I don't think it would need to be a "Rock Band" pin though, more like the way Alice Cooper is done. The fact that Jack Black is a pinball fan could be huge for theme integration. Imagine him, an actual actor/voice actor, doing call outs the way Geddy and Alex do in Rush.

I said it before and say it again believe game off this game would work for that kind of concept.

#33391 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I said it before and say it again believe game off this game would work for that kind of concept.

Absolutely. The game is badass!!

#33392 1 year ago

Bring on BTTF.

Really don’t want to see another music pin anytime soon.

#33393 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bring on BTTF.

My dude!

Screenshot_20220717-233037_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220717-233037_Instagram (resized).jpg
#33394 1 year ago

I'm thinking ZZtop

#33395 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bring on BTTF.

Can you imagine the price of a pro by the time BTTF shows up in a couple years?

#33396 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes, I can imagine, and it's not a pretty sight! Just multiple the current Pro price by expected inflation rate at the end of this year (9%?), and then again by the expected inflation rate at the end of next year (who know? but say, 10%), and so on ...

Then if the price of nearly everything rises at a similar rate, and interest rates keep rising while Wall Street keeps sliding, but wages don't rise as much to cover price increases, the bigger question becomes: at what point do people stop buying expensive 'toys'? Including expensive highly anticipated BTTF toys?

#33397 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you imagine the price of a pro by the time BTTF shows up in a couple years

The Bond increase is the Lube for the BTTF drop ....

#33398 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s why I want BTTF sooner rather than later. Almost certainly my last NIB Stern game.

#33399 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great for pinball.

Van Halen would be a dynamite theme.
One can only hope...

I hope Ozzy happens.
That will sell good worldwide.

#33400 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I hope they do another announcement in December like normal.

Many are saying January for the next release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 668 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/668 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.