20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 661 of 942.
#33001 1 year ago

Pro layout

BEA90FA7-4DC7-485E-AA1F-028C184A818D (resized).pngBEA90FA7-4DC7-485E-AA1F-028C184A818D (resized).png
#33002 1 year ago

I could see getting a Pro, looks like a good shooter.

The jetpack Bond is the key for me. If it really changes the gameplay premium probably worth it.

#33003 1 year ago

Premium Layout

D0BDBDBB-8F0B-427B-922B-2F4E1485C841 (resized).jpegD0BDBDBB-8F0B-427B-922B-2F4E1485C841 (resized).jpeg
#33004 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Premium Layout[quoted image]

So this kind of confirms that the diver sculpt is below that smoked plastic on the left. In the promo picture here for the Prem, it shows the diver and bond there, and that's not shown above the PF. So it seems like there's a bond sculpt under there, too.

#33005 1 year ago

Doing a full collection of Bond games now sounds like a great idea - Stern can come back later with the different eras (next would be Roger Moore and a Lazenby wink). They've got a few years of games to release if that's the case. Can't wait to see Moonraker mechs!
6LrJdXNmu5uHOVALZxVYd44Lva0 (resized).jpg6LrJdXNmu5uHOVALZxVYd44Lva0 (resized).jpg

#33006 1 year ago

Got my BTTF remote built. Legit green label in amazing condition. Now just need the pin.

4CD448BE-EADF-42D4-8EF7-3F4CB366FACE (resized).jpeg4CD448BE-EADF-42D4-8EF7-3F4CB366FACE (resized).jpeg8B028DA1-9C7A-4CBE-A595-4D7590AFB0EC (resized).jpeg8B028DA1-9C7A-4CBE-A595-4D7590AFB0EC (resized).jpeg
#33007 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got my BTTF remote built. Legit green label in amazing condition. Now just need the pin.
[quoted image][quoted image]

bttf.0.0 (resized).pngbttf.0.0 (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33008 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Go to the future and let us know what happens next over at Stern! Cool remote btw!

#33010 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Go to the future and let us know what happens next over at Stern! Cool remote btw!

He says he has all the best pins, so maybe he has already been to the future!!

#33011 1 year ago

UH OH!!!

Did this never happen? Notice the dial is pointed to OFF on the dial.

We have been lied too!

Screenshot_20220916-202431_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220916-202431_Chrome (resized).jpg
#33012 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

UH OH!!!
Did this never happen? Notice the dial is pointed to OFF on the dial.
We have been lied too!
[quoted image]

The on off is for toggle on side. Not sure what dial does but look good.

#33013 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

If this selector is not set to one of four options, it should auto fail. Doc knows this.

Either his engineering failed, unlikely, or this never happened. More likely.

My youth is ruined by my adulthood!!

#33014 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Actually, this is a double fail safe. The selector knob is clearly set to off. Both the 2 position on/off switch AND the 4 position dial knob need to be ON for full function.

Back to the future, techinically, never happened!

#33015 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Actually, this is a double fail safe. The selector knob is clearly set to off. Both the 2 position on/off switch AND the 4 position dial knob need to be ON for full function.
Back to the future, techinically, never happened!

Doc designed it that way so no one else could operate it correctly except for him.

#33016 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Doc designed it that way so no one else could operate it correctly except for him.

Hmmm, ok I can see Doc throwing out some purposely incorrect labeling. Smart!

#33017 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

My youth is ruined by my adulthood!!

Kind of like in Big Bang Theory about the major flaw with Raiders of the Lost Ark?

“Indiana Jones plays no role in the outcome of the story. If he weren’t in the film, it would turn out exactly the same… If he weren’t in the movie, the Nazis would still have found the Ark, taken it to the island, opened it up, and all died, just like they did.”

#33018 1 year ago

Almost time,

john-wick-umbrella.gifjohn-wick-umbrella.gif
#33019 1 year ago

Pinsiders proposing ways to see Bond faster. 80 Mourners per second!

In all seriousness, RIP...

#33020 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Kind of like in Big Bang Theory about the major flaw with Raiders of the Lost Ark?
“Indiana Jones plays no role in the outcome of the story. If he weren’t in the film, it would turn out exactly the same… If he weren’t in the movie, the Nazis would still have found the Ark, taken it to the island, opened it up, and all died, just like they did.”

Weren't the Nazis digging in the wrong place until indy came along?

Edit, he saved Marion and if hadn't they'd have had both side of the medallion. I stand corrected...by myself. Its late.

#33021 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Actually, the original plan was to take the Ark to Hitler and open it. Indy convinced them to open it. So if he wasn’t in the movie the Nazi’s would have killed Hitler…. Thanks a lot Indy

#33022 1 year ago

Ok KME,
Let's go

quint-jaws.gifquint-jaws.gif
#33023 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ok KME,
Let's go [quoted image]

I would guess Eddy is going to be up next, Gomez and Bond got out before Eddy due to Sterns planned production delay and then Bond had to be out due to licensors timeline - big 60th push from EoN & Broccoli right now.

Plus Keith only just released GZ this year another KME game could set Sterns production delays back another 2 years with back orders

Bond looks like it could be another monster hit for Stern along with Godzilla.

#33024 1 year ago

I think they should just release one version from now on, it would make for an easier production run, minimal cost difference, they can average it out, and everyone can enjoy the ultimate version where ever they play it.

#33025 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think they should just release one version from now on, it would make for an easier production run, minimal cost difference, they can average it out, and everyone can enjoy the ultimate version where ever they play it.

Why would Stern switch to an inferior business model? From a business stand point their current model works extremely well for them maximising sales and profits.

#33026 1 year ago

When's the release / reveal / all that been rescheduled for?

#33027 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Thursday the 22nd.

#33028 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If anything the only thing I would change is the ability to upgrade a pro to a premium, instead of crippling the game.
The same way you buy the insider connect kit for pre-connect made games.

It might be a stupid idea…

#33029 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bond looks like it could be another monster hit for Stern along with Godzilla.

Was there even a doubt? This is a dream license. And even if the next release turns out to be simply adequate (doubtful), this will probably translate to several Bond games over the next few years imo. I would go for a Moore era with a whimsical aspect to it, where the Craig could be a darker, somber theme. Just can't wait to hear the songs and soundtracks!

#33030 1 year ago

This thing getting a full reveal today or what?

#33031 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This thing getting a full reveal today or what?

Thursday….. This, Thursday

#33032 1 year ago

So are they going to open up the insider orders for the game the exact same time they drop the videos? Before? After?

#33033 1 year ago

I wasn't interested in the possibility of Jaws being in line to be made. But after playing GZ and now seeing James Bond, I'd love to see what Stern can do with Jaws. They certainly are on a roll.

#33034 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I wasn't interested in the possibility of Jaws being in line to be made. But after playing GZ and now seeing James Bond, I'd love to see what Stern can do with Jaws. They certainly are on a roll.

The rumors were Keith Elvin was doing a Jaws pin. Could Jaws just ne be the codename for the Roger Moore based Bond game since Jaws was the most famous henchman from the Moore era Bond films ?

#33035 1 year ago

Jaws was already the codename for JP2.

#33036 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Jaws was already the codename for JP2.

No, don't you know Jaws is the code name for BTTF? and Bond was delayed so they can announce BTTF.

/s

#33037 1 year ago

I'd love to see a Happy Gilmore theme with Shooter McGavin as the Black Knight esque Antagonist.

Chubbs giving you instructions
Can have a one eyed crocodile head scoop with opening jaw.
Clown Mouth Lock Shot
Ramp/Bank shot with the VW Bettle on the green
Shooter Bash Toy
Need Richard Kiel on there bending a 9iron (frankensteins fat foot magnet?).
Maybe integrate bob barker or a price is right themed shot
Long shot through the trees hitting that house 400 yards away with the wife on the porch and husband out the window.
When you lose a ball "but there's a problem, you're not any good!" or just a dumptruck animation running over chubbs hand.
Driving through the retirement village loop shot with the mister mister lady on top of the rail.
Gameplay wise you have to get through sub villians (Donald, Hal, and Bob Barker) while getting help from Julie Bowen, Richard Kiel, and Carl Weathers along the way to finally make it to Shooter himself.
Happy Place Multiball - WE HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN TO LIVE! WHITE LACE AND PROMISES, A KISS FOR LUCK AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY!

#33038 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Was there even a doubt? This is a dream license.

a great theme , doesn't mean a great layout or design !

could have gone 2 ways !

thank God it didn't !

#33039 1 year ago
Quoted from WilhuffTarkin:

I'd love to see a Happy Gilmore theme

could you put a little more effort thought into this theme ?

#33040 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Was there even a doubt? This is a dream license. And even if the next release turns out to be simply adequate (doubtful), this will probably translate to several Bond games over the next few years imo. I would go for a Moore era with a whimsical aspect to it, where the Craig could be a darker, somber theme. Just can't wait to hear the songs and soundtracks!

(yawn)

I mean - a great theme for a location and looking forward to new releases.

But I'm not buying one for home just to have to buy the updated theme next year.

Seems like it could be a fantastic earner for an operator but not one I am at all excited about buying.

#33041 1 year ago

I'd love to see a Happy Gilmore theme with Shooter McGavin as the Black Knight esque Antagonist.
Clown Mouth Lock Shot
Shooter Bash Toy
Long shot through the trees hitting that house 400 yards away with the wife on the porch and husband out the window.
When you lose a ball "but there's a problem, you're not any good!" or just a dumptruck animation running over chubbs hand.
Driving through the retirement village loop shot with the mister mister lady on top of the rail.
Gameplay wise you have to get through sub villians (Donald, Hal, and Bob Barker) while getting help from Julie Bowen, Richard Kiel, and Carl Weathers along the way to finally make it to Shooter himself.
Happy Place Multiball - WE HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN TO LIVE! WHITE LACE AND PROMISES, A KISS FOR LUCK AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY!

So many good callout opportunities. Jackass frenzy... YOURE GONNA DIE CLOWN!

Shoot the left ramp to dodge bob Barker 's jab

#33042 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Was there even a doubt? This is a dream license.

There is always a doubt. Stern hit rock bottom in 2008 when they completely fubarred the Indiana Jones license which is arguably one of the greatest of all time. Thank goodness they have trended up from there (after 2009). They are on fire right now but a good license is only like the cover to a book - so yes there is always doubt. They are turning out some fun games now so let’s hope that continues. Looking forward to the gameplay.

#33043 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

No, don't you know Jaws is the code name for BTTF? and Bond was delayed so they can announce BTTF.
/s

BTTF is code name for Jaws and Venom for Bond.

#33044 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The rumors were Keith Elvin was doing a Jaws pin. Could Jaws just ne be the codename for the Roger Moore based Bond game since Jaws was the most famous henchman from the Moore era Bond films ?

Woooooo i'd love that

#33045 1 year ago

Clown Mouth Lock Shot
Shooter Bash Toy

You've really put a lot of thought into this.... I love it!!! Gotta get Lee Trevino to do some call outs.

#33046 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

BTTF is code name for Jaws and Venom for Bond.

Screenshot_20220201-004202_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220201-004202_Instagram (resized).jpg
#33047 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why would Stern switch to an inferior business model? From a business stand point their current model works extremely well for them maximising sales and profits.

Inferior is just your opinion, it could be better. No one want's the base model, sure locations buy it because of price choice but that does not mean it's preferred, also it's lower price is subsidized by the top model, this is always the case.

All i'm saying is, it is possible to produce the top model at a relatively lower cost. You have to realize the higher cost machines are subsidizing the lower cost machines. They just average it out. Also the pre-production design and post production is slower because of all of the options. You can't tell me it's easier to design or produce so many configurations for what is basically the same machine. It's always going to be faster and easier to make the exact same thing in a factory setting, thus cheaper.

#33048 1 year ago

Inferior is just your opinion, it could be better. No one want's the base model, sure locations buy it because of price choice but that does not mean it's preferred, also it's lower price is subsidized by the top model, this is always the case.
All i'm saying is, it is possible to produce the top model at a relatively lower cost. You have to realize the higher cost machines are subsidizing the lower cost machines. They just average it out. Also the pre-production design and post production is slower because of all of the options. You can't tell me it's easier to design or produce so many configurations for what is basically the same machine. It's always going to be faster and easier to make the exact same thing in a factory setting, thus cheaper.

There are some people (home buyers and ops) that can't or won't buy new Sterns if entry level is a $9000+ premium. That's a significant loss in sales I would imagine.

#33049 1 year ago

Or maybe the business model is maintained by selling 1000 units of an overpriced machine, followed by 5-10k of a modestly overpriced machine (premium).

Let’s just throw some random numbers in the air:
At a profit of $3000 on the LE for Stern (likely more)
And $1500 for the premium (5k units made)

That is $10.5 millions in profit for just 6k machines produced. Just one title.

The PRO can be sold near cost - REALLY DOUBT IT - and it helps popularize the game and the industry while maintaining the line and subsidizing the cost of making business (salaries/factories/warehouses)

I dont believe for one second the prem and le subsidize the pro.

#33050 1 year ago

The cost on a lesser spike 2 Stern pro (say SW pro) is currently about $2200 max. Gary is making a lot of money.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Or maybe the business model is maintained by selling 1000 units of an overpriced machine, followed by 5-10k of a modestly overpriced machine (premium).
Let’s just throw some random numbers in the air:
At a profit of $3000 on the LE for Stern (likely more)
And $1500 for the premium (5k units made)
That is $10.5 millions in profit for just 6k machines produced. Just one title.
The PRO can be sold near cost - REALLY DOUBT IT - and it helps popularize the game and the industry while maintaining the line and subsidizing the cost of making business (salaries/factories/warehouses)
I dont believe for one second the prem and le subsidize the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Contact
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 661 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/661 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.