20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 659 of 942.
#32901 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You are correct. Dr. No with Connery was released in 1962. Does this make 007 Stern's oldest theme?

The first Godzilla was 1954

#32902 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My gut tells me it will be gimmicky

Are you kidding?? James Bond is all about the gimmicks.

#32903 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like you release a locked ball in the back of the jetpack (black holder) onto the hood of the tank to score.

and probably drop the ball off in a couple of wire forms also

#32904 1 year ago

Why would anyone think the artwork for Bond would be any different than the slot machine licensing?

That's the way it goes. If operators mostly buy Pro's who gives a F?

I love the theme and I'd imagine the video from the slot machines would be similar to what we get on the pin and that would be great with me.

#32905 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This being leaked really blows also .The trailer is the first glimpse we should get and this ruined it .So what does someone like that get out of this anyway ?

That’s what happens when the only option to buy a LE is sight unseen.

#32906 1 year ago

Does this make 007 Stern's oldest theme?

Everybody already forget Godzilla?

#32907 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:For those of you that have not seen the 50 year old move... here is what that is supposed to be.

This scene will no doubt be in the game. Love it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#32908 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Are you kidding?? James Bond is all about the gimmicks.

I think it is a fun idea and fits the theme perfect-but will it really be fun? I will reserve my true judgement until I actually flip it, but by the looks of it-it does not look like it will be very entertaining and the novelty factor may wear off quickly. I literally cannot stand Johnny Mnemonic because of the cheesy novelty glove that crushes an otherwise fantastic flowing game. I can already tell I am leaning towards a pro-if I decide to get one later-simply because I may not enjoy the mech and I may find it a novelty. Looks like the missile may move up and down as well? Again not something I would miss? Time will tell-sorry if I am coming across as negative-not my intention.

#32909 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Okay... Godzilla 1954
Connery Bond 1962

#32910 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This being leaked really blows also .The trailer is the first glimpse we should get and this ruined it .So what does someone like that get out of this anyway ?

It really really sucks when consumers can see the $10,000+ pinball machine before the day it goes on sale! Informed purchasing decisions... Yuck!

Sorry for your loss.

#32911 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It really really sucks when consumers can see the $10,000+ pinball machine before the day it goes on sale! Informed purchasing decisions... Yuck!
Sorry for your loss.

Oh it’s for sale now ?

#32912 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why would anyone think the artwork for Bond would be any different than the slot machine licensing?
That's the way it goes. If operators mostly buy Pro's who gives a F?
I love the theme and I'd imagine the video from the slot machines would be similar to what we get on the pin and that would be great with me.

Iceman nailed it. Those of us that love Connery bond are getting what we expect / want.

#32913 1 year ago

Some shots do look cool, but I'm not diggin the playfield, cabinet, or backglass art at all. YUCK! I can see the style they are going for, but its Just not to my taste. I'm sure the mechs will be neat, but once you see them in action a few times, the novelty would wear off for me. Definitely not a game I'm interested in purchasing as I'm not a huge 007 fan. Will be interesting to see how it plays tho...

#32914 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Seems like it. There hasn't been a new post in the Godzilla owners thread in two hours. That's a first! LOL

#32915 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quoted from CodHollandaise:

The first Godzilla was 1954

Quoted from SimplePin:

Seems like it. There hasn't been a new post in the Godzilla owners thread in two hours. That's a first! LOL

Okay... Godzilla 1954
Connery Bond 1962

godzilla 007 (resized).jpggodzilla 007 (resized).jpg
#32916 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

OMG hopefully this is not as bad as Johnny Mnemonic-the glove ruined that game(can't stand because of glove)
My gut tells me it will be gimmicky

There's not 9 targets on Bond to hit from above, and the ball doesn't have to be launched up to the jetpack, so no, likely not like Johnny Mnemonic (also a Gomez design). More like a simpler Rescue 911 helicopter.

#32917 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Iceman nailed it. Those of us that love Connery bond are getting what we expect / want.

It's not perfect but I like enough - gameplay far more important for me.

Can't see the cabinet in a pin bank. Translight can be replaced.

#32918 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Any confirmation of Kaminkow involvement with Sterns new 007?

If no, it guarantees BTTF.

#32919 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If no, it guarantees BTTF.

I knew we wouldn’t make it much longer.

#32920 1 year ago

Looking forward to the bonus mode where Queen Elizabeth pops out and helps repair the Aston Martin. Here she is working it in World War II. (cue Bond theme).

QE working as mechanice in WW2 (resized).jpgQE working as mechanice in WW2 (resized).jpg
#32921 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's not perfect but I like enough - gameplay far more important for me.
Can't see the cabinet in a pin bank. Translight can be replaced.

Gameplay over everything.

#32922 1 year ago

Just announced; Bond will come with a free technician to your home!

Disclaimer: this is in NO WAY factual

Screenshot_20220913-194159 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220913-194159 (resized).png
#32923 1 year ago

Love it!

6E573E74-3606-4325-8421-04716E999DA6 (resized).jpeg6E573E74-3606-4325-8421-04716E999DA6 (resized).jpeg
#32924 1 year ago

Hmmm

BEB211B9-3E00-425A-9FD8-4448F597ABE3 (resized).jpegBEB211B9-3E00-425A-9FD8-4448F597ABE3 (resized).jpeg
#32925 1 year ago

So, E40 style pricing and no ramps?

Sounds like a waste of a design cycle and all sorts of potential issues with three distinct code levels required.

#32926 1 year ago

That's what a lot of people were already guessing it to be.

#32927 1 year ago

Pin with the least stuff for the biggest price... yup par for the course these days.

#32928 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

So, E40 style pricing and no ramps?
Sounds like a waste of a design cycle and all sorts of potential issues with three distinct code levels required.

Well if this is real and has no ramps, it probably took Elwin 15-20 minutes to design tops.

#32929 1 year ago

What is a street level game.
Do I have to play lying down? The game has no legs?
What is this?
Lol

#32931 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

Hopefully he is wrong about the price. Because an Elwin designed TNA sounds like a great idea

#32932 1 year ago

That's some crazy sh*t with that 4th Elwin model.

#32933 1 year ago

Easy pass thanks Stern.

giphy12111.gifgiphy12111.gif
#32934 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

If this is in fact real and has no ramps, it probably took Elwin 15-20 minutes to design tops.

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

That's some crazy sh*t with that 4th Elwin model.

Meh. Just give me the Premium.
Neeeeeext

#32935 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Gameplay over everything.

So you'd be happy if your entire collection was whitewoods?

#32936 1 year ago

Fozzie+Poke+Kermit+Shmushy+Exasperated+Fight+Argue.gifFozzie+Poke+Kermit+Shmushy+Exasperated+Fight+Argue.gif
#32937 1 year ago

Ladies and gentlemen. The next Kapow joint.

FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
#32938 1 year ago

Really looking forward to seeing more of the layout, PF, Mechs & flow of Bond.

Been trying to visualize the flow from the limited pics heh

Also hoping the art packages look better with clearer pics

#32939 1 year ago

Did not say that. Gameplay is most important to me.

#32940 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

He is just playing with everyone.

Sitting back and probably laughing at everyone for believing it too.

#32941 1 year ago

So you'd be happy with a box of lights in the basement? Facts.

#32942 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

So you'd be happy with a box of lights in the basement? Facts.

6BA084A1-F2C1-4684-9C91-FDB500F85E2D (resized).jpeg6BA084A1-F2C1-4684-9C91-FDB500F85E2D (resized).jpeg
#32943 1 year ago

or will it be Jack Dangers Street Level game - in the Marco Podcast he did ask in the chat for a pay rise ???

Deadflip2 (resized).jpegDeadflip2 (resized).jpegdeadflip 1 (resized).jpegdeadflip 1 (resized).jpeg

#32944 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

or will it be Jack Dangers Street Level game - in the Marco Podcast he did ask in the chat for a pay rise ???
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope not, for SLE prices I expect more and Elwin can deliver it hopefully. Jack still needs to prove himself on a cornerstone that isn’t as big as Bond.

#32945 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hope not, for SLE prices I expect more and Elwin can deliver it hopefully. Jack still needs to prove himself on a cornerstone that isn’t as big as Bond.

I hear you, I just find the rumour of Elwin doing a street level game odd, where as Jack did one - and there were recent posts of outlane spinners etc. People paid big money for a Beatles street level version of an old game so lots of people with big wallets

suppose we will find out soon

#32946 1 year ago

I don't think there will be a different game, but if there was it makes the most sense to re-do an old classic Stern like Quick Silver similar to Beatles. They could even reuse a lot of the same rules

Also slapping a James Bond coat of paint on the Jack Danger JP home pin makes more sense.

But I think none of that happens. I think they just have a SLE of the game, maybe with some real gold trim and a Goldfinger art package.

#32947 1 year ago

I am interested in perhaps a Pro 007 model. I think the first thing I would do is have a custom translight made-very easy to do. I usually go LE or Pro and the LE pricing is too high imo(guess I have not adjusted to inflation yet). The jetpack dropping a ball like Rescue 911 helicopter does not sound fun but more of a disruption of flow to me. Sounds like it would be fun for a few times and then get annoying? One thing I do like and I think will make me want one is the depth factor. I love games coded by Dwight and with the amount of inserts-this game looks super deep. I will wait until release with videos & gameplay to form a real opinion and hopefully flip one in person soon.

#32948 1 year ago

My prediction for the street level game is that Elwin tweaked the Quicksilver layout (similar to what was done for Beatles with Seawitch). I know that's one of his favorite classic games and it seems to fit the objective of what Stern has done in the past and also what Haggis is doing with Fathom revisited. Another bonus of doing this is that you can run 2 code bases and can run the classic code as well as a new rule-set. With people paying big bucks for Quicksilver it makes sense to make a modern version that can satisfy people that want the original game as well as giving them a bonus of a new game with a desirable theme. The price is steep but I'm sure there will be enough people that could easily justify the purchase to get something that's ultra collectable.

#32949 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My prediction for the street level game is that Elwin tweaked the Quicksilver layout (similar to what was done for Beatles with Seawitch). I know that's one of his favorite classic games and it seems to fit the objective of what Stern has done in the past and also what Haggis is doing with Fathom revisited. Another bonus of doing this is that you can run 2 code bases and can run the classic code as well as a new rule-set. With people paying big bucks for Quicksilver it makes sense to make a modern version that can satisfy people that want the original game as well as giving them a bonus of a new game with a desirable theme. The price is steep but I'm sure there will be enough people that could easily justify the purchase to get something that's ultra collectable.

Could be, but I think 9 Ball would work better here. 9 Drops on the left = J A M E S B O N D, 3 Drops on the right = 0 0 7.

I look forward to seeing what actually drops.

#32950 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested in perhaps a Pro 007 model. I think the first thing I would do is have a custom translight made-very easy to do. I usually go LE or Pro and the LE pricing is too high imo(guess I have not adjusted to inflation yet). The jetpack dropping a ball like Rescue 911 helicopter does not sound fun but more of a disruption of flow to me. Sounds like it would be fun for a few times and then get annoying? One thing I do like and I think will make me want one is the depth factor. I love games coded by Dwight and with the amount of inserts-this game looks super deep. I will wait until release with videos & gameplay to form a real opinion and hopefully flip one in person soon.

Have you had it confirmed by someone it’s Dwight on code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 47,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 659 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/659 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.