balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 653 of 923.
#32601 1 year ago

I'm happy that the Bond fans are getting a new game but I'm also relieved that I don't have to put a deposit down and have time to financially recover a bit from my last splurge. Will be very exciting to see the reveal and whatnot.

#32602 1 year ago

Whats the consensus? Will we get any video before Tuesday morning?

#32603 1 year ago

Nope

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Whats the consensus? Will we get any video before Tuesday morning?

#32604 1 year ago
Quoted from LittleOnion:

next pin I would sign up for....
Asterix
- so many missions
- multi ball with magic potion
[quoted image]

Another great theme ready to translate to pinball code. Worldwide appeal is a bonus…

#32606 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Another great theme ready to translate to pinball code. Worldwide appeal is a bonus…

Worldwide appeal? Really?

Huh. Never would've known. I know there has been media/game releases her in the US but never considered that they would be big sellers.

#32607 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Worldwide appeal? Really?
Huh. Never would've known. I know there has been media/game releases her in the US but never considered that they would be big sellers.

Its a foreign comic that has been translated into many different languages ours included.

#32608 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am unsure of how much of the Steve Ritchie 3-flipper game version I saw originally is still left. Gomez, I assumed, changed a lot of it.

None of it. He said on a resent podcast that he started over from scratch.

#32609 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So many cool themes for pinball and the JJP rumours are Billy Joel and now.....Elton John. Groan....

But they already did a game with a super-annoying piano in the middle of the playfield! (one of my many GnR peeves)

#32610 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

None of it. He said on a resent podcast that he started over from scratch.

On one hand, it's a shame that Steve's final Stern game will never see the light of day. On the other, I've played his two layouts enough to last a lifetime.

#32611 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Its a foreign comic that has been translated into many different languages ours included.

To see a french comic about a french gaulois (yeah, not sure how to translate it) being referenced here as a pinball theme, I must say, is quite funny for a french (and yes, Asterix is BIG in France, every time there's a new album released it's all over the place, train stations, malls, grocery stores, you name it). I knew it was translated in many languages, just did not expect that the jokes and word play would translate well (how did they translate Assurancetourix for example ???? - which for those intrigued is a wordplay around "Assurance tout risque", literally "all risks insurance" - and almost all names in Asterix are word plays)

#32612 1 year ago

I'm a huge BTTF fan but all the gooberfans in this thread constantly posting about it make me want to see it never come out.

#32613 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

or they are maybe just gonna take one more and last shot and milk this cow dry before the relentless and unavoidable recession that is coming. A quick $500 increase per trim, makes them a few millions, investors happy. With the .75 increase in borrowing costs and possibly more to come... it is just a matter of time now. no?

100%

Hit the nail on the head.

#32614 1 year ago

I know this rolls a lot of eyes but Pokémon would be the biggest selling pinball theme of all time. 25 years after it took the world by storm it still chugs along with that obsessive “Gotta catch em all!” theme. The gameplay is all about completing sets and mode stacking.

Quoted from Ashram56:

To see a french comic about a french gaulois (yeah, not sure how to translate it) being referenced here as a pinball theme, I must say, is quite funny for a french (and yes, Asterix is BIG in France, every time there's a new album released it's all over the place, train stations, malls, grocery stores, you name it). I knew it was translated in many languages, just did not expect that the jokes and word play would translate well (how did they translate Assurancetourix for example ???? - which for those intrigued is a wordplay around "Assurance tout risque", literally "all risks insurance" - and almost all names in Asterix are word plays)

There was definitely some deflation of humor in the translations. I always thought the names were just cute not having a direct meaning. Thanks for the clarifying example!

#32615 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I know this rolls a lot of eyes but Pokémon would be the biggest selling pinball theme of all time. 25 years after it took the world by storm it still chugs along with that obsessive “Gotta catch em all!” theme. The gameplay is all about completing sets and mode stacking.

There was definitely some deflation of humor in the translations. I always thought the names were just cute not having a direct meaning. Thanks for the clarifying example!

I'm not a pokemon fan at all and I know this pin would be huge.

#32616 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I can see it losing its magic, specially the mannerisms and other body language proper from the Latin world.
Murica just wants bullet proof heroes.

#32617 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I'm a huge BTTF but all the gooberfans in this thread constantly posting about it make me want to see it never come out.

AE4C4313-FC35-470C-82A4-B61082D12BC2 (resized).jpegAE4C4313-FC35-470C-82A4-B61082D12BC2 (resized).jpeg
#32618 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I worked at a gaming store in my teens when the pokemon cards came out in the U.S. When we got our first shipment, all of us working there seriously questioned the competence of the company for attempting to sell them. We made fun of them for weeks while they collected dust on the shelf. When people did finally start buying them, it was for their toddler/small child who was crying for them. Never in a million years would I have imagined the franchise would be so popular almost 30 years later. I still think it's incredibly stupid, but I probably should have bought every box of those dusty cards!

#32619 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I didn't mention a bubble. I do think inflation is going to impact NIB sales in the next 6-12 months, particularly if Stern continues with price increases. It is already happening with Toy Story.
Demand for high end toys like pinball machines isn't price inelastic. Like I said, lets revisit this conversation in 6-12 months.

People buying expensive luxury items like nib pinball machines are not going to be that affected by inflation. People have been and will continue to pay high prices for pins. TS4 is hardly an example. Fans were unhappy with the product more than the price. If JJP produced a better game based on all the movies they would of easily sold at those prices. It's not like previous successful JJP games were cheap. If Stern's Bond looks pretty good, it's guaranteed the LE's will sell out quickly even with inflated five figure prices. Many are already sold without even a picture or idea of price. As long as I have been in the hobby, people have always complained about prices but games are currently selling better than ever. I don't get it but that's the facts.

#32620 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I worked at a gaming store in my teens when the pokemon cards came out in the U.S. When we got our first shipment, all of us working there seriously questioned the competence of the company for attempting to sell them. We made fun of them for weeks while they collected dust on the shelf. When people did finally start buying them, it was for their toddler/small child who was crying for them. Never in a million years would I have imagined the franchise would be so popular over 30 years later. I still think it's incredibly stupid, but I probably should have bought every box of those dusty cards!

I have a $6k pinball machine over half paid for by one card alone. The insanity is still alive and well…

#32621 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

People buying expensive luxury items like nib pinball machines are not going to be that affected by inflation. People have been and will continue to pay high prices for pins. TS4 is hardly an example. Fans were unhappy with the product more than the price. If JJP produced a better game based on all the movies they would of easily sold at those prices. It's not like previous successful JJP games were cheap. If Stern's Bond looks pretty good, it's guaranteed the LE's will sell out quickly even with inflated five figure prices. Many are already sold without even a picture or idea of price. As long as I have been in the hobby, people have always complained about prices but games are currently selling better than ever. I don't get it but that's the facts.

Incorrect. A lot of cash flow that went into the hobby making it grow exponentially was the result of people not being able to use their disposable incomes, so they discovered amusement machines, then also discovered their resale value in an industry not ready to support such growth which was surprised by lack of inventory, later supply chain issues and demand.
These group will be soon either stay still or sell their collection to pay debt after these machines start to depreciate due to a secondary market flooded with a few hundred machines of each title.

Hey that is my prediction! And just like Kaneda I might be wrong too!

#32622 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So you're mad that a company that deaigns the machine codes the game, fabricates the parts, and puts it all together and ships it to you (or to someone)....

Am I disappointed that each successive JJP release has contained less mechs, bling and overall "wow" factor than their previous release yet the price increases? Yes, I am.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

You're mad that they want to get the most money, or market value as it should be called, instead of selling cheaper and letting flippers make money off of them?

Yes - this does make me mad. Instead of a few people having to pay d-bag flipper prices, we *ALL* have to pay money grab prices. Gee, thanks JJP - you really stuck it to those flippers.

I know we are in the Stern thread - my apologies for the JJP venting. I was equally disappointed in the EHoH40 money grab FWIW.

#32623 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

Personally, I don’t consider any additional increase at this time reasonable considering they raised prices over 20% less than a year ago.

They did raise prices but not "over 20%". 11.3% for pro and 15.4% for premium.

#32624 1 year ago

If they have Connery they should go for Hunt for Red October. Alec Baldwin can do the voice overs as part of his comeback.

A6B63D69-23C4-41CD-8781-DC31EA87FCDF (resized).jpegA6B63D69-23C4-41CD-8781-DC31EA87FCDF (resized).jpeg
#32626 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

They did raise prices but not "over 20%". 11.3% for pro and 15.4% for premium.

My apologies, was a poorly written statement on my part. “They” does not equal Stern.

I paid 22% more on a Prem from my quote last year. Part of that is Stern’s increase and I’d assume part is additional freight costs and distributor margin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#32627 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

With us at Tilt Amusements, our deposits are always refundable, we dont care the reason you are backing out. We also only ask for a 100.00 deposit, just enough to say your serious, though we get tons that put deposits on multiple dealers and we know it. just sucks because those people dont care if the dealer gets screwed ordering games for them and then having to sit on them because of someone backing out. Right now, its not that big of an issue, as with the current situation, if someone backs out, there is almost always another person waiting.

Bringing up Elvira is a moot point, there was no MSRP on that game, so not a single dealer charged over since its an imaginary number. As for dealers charging over MSRP on other titles like godzilla premium or LE models, well that doesnt happen at tilt. Other distributors have been caught and are openly doing that, and personally, id avoid them, but its your choice. And pricing fluctuates really, Some games that are in everyones inventory are now starting to go below MSRP. Right now, i know we have mandalorian, rush and zeppelin, below msrp with free shipping. . You might not get the old street prices like you use to, but its never over msrp from our company games. (now im a collector to, so if someone offers me over msrp on one of my personal games, i think that is different, but i rarely sell my personal anyway)

Does this apply to the $16k TBL in the marketplace? MSRP + a $3k skip a year of waiting fee?

#32628 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I'm a huge BTTF fan but all the gooberfans in this thread constantly posting about it make me want to see it never come out.

Sweet jeebus - nailed it.

#32629 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Sweet jeebus - nailed it.

How many more sharks you wanna see?

BA0559CC-97C8-42C8-98F8-2D2A4A80F65C (resized).jpegBA0559CC-97C8-42C8-98F8-2D2A4A80F65C (resized).jpeg
#32630 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

How many more sharks you wanna see?

Zero as well. I watched Jaws for the first time yesterday, in a theater, in 3D. Great human drama, but if anyone thinks that story is begging to be a modern pinball machine, you're blinded by nostalgia and/or your love of the film. All the best scenes are monologues or arguments. I guess you guys want Quint's USS Indianapolis story to play in the background while you shoot colored arrows. Whee.

#32631 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Zero as well. I watched Jaws for the first time yesterday, in a theater, in 3D. Great human drama, but if anyone thinks that story is begging to be a modern pinball machine, you're blinded by nostalgia and/or your love of the film. All the best scenes are monologues or arguments. I guess you guys want Quint's USS Indianapolis story to play in the background while you shoot colored arrows. Whee.

You lost me at “for the first time”.
I dont take advice from toddlers lol

Just joking. Sort of agree, but need to think out of the box.

#32632 1 year ago

Will Bond have AR??????!!!???!?!??

#32633 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Does this apply to the $16k TBL in the marketplace? MSRP + a $3k skip a year of waiting fee?

im not a dutch pinball distributor, I bought it for myself, if it sells at marketprice, ill just order another and wait again

#32634 1 year ago

Seems like Connery is confirmed.

#32635 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

im not a dutch pinball distributor, I bought it for myself, if it sells at marketprice, ill just order another and wait again

Hard to tell between the business and the person when using/posting from the same account associated to the business but also the person.

#32636 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Hard to tell between the business and the person when using/posting from the same account associated to the business but also the person.

Not that difficult at all, actually, seeing as no one other than CoinTaker is a distro for TBL. So then clearly, it is a personal machine.

#32637 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

cant have two accounts here, I wish pinside would allow it for this exact reason

Also a collector, so i buy one of every title that comes out basically. Ive owned all but 1 spooky title, all ap, all cgc, all jjp, ive owned a haggis (celts) have a fathom coming, have a queen on order. Just very fortunate that my hobby and work are mixed. I even open up my place for the public to enjoy and had 70 people playing pins in my shop last saturday. So i want every game i can get to let people enjoy

#32638 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

cant have two accounts here, I wish pinside would allow it for this eact reason
Also a collector, so i buy one of every title that comes out basically. Ive owned all but 1 spooky title, all ap, all cgc, all jjp, ive owned a haggis (celts) have a pathom coming, have a queen on order. Just very fortuante that my hobby and work are mixed. I even open up my place for the public to enjoy and had 70 people playing pins in my shop last saturday. So i want every game i can get to let people enjoy

I have seen your FB posts! Awesome stuff

#32639 1 year ago

I have seen your FB posts! Awesome stuff

cool, I wish more pinsiders were in my area to play the games. Hoping to maybe do some tournaments at my shop. Otherwise, there are 40+ pins there (more at home) that dont get played enough, lol. I seriously do enjoy people enjoying the games that i come across. Ive made sure some people get to play some titles that they might not ever see. Who else is nuts enough to take a HEP Krull, and goin nuts and put them on freeplay at pinball expo. I took a HEP king kong to a friends arcade and let people play it for a day. We even opened up a magic girl for the public to see (still stuck with one of those in a box sadly

#32640 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Who else is nuts enough to take a HEP Krull, and goin nuts and put them on freeplay at pinball expo.

That was YOURS? Hats off to you, man. I never knew whose that was, but it was great that you let so many people get hands on with a machine few even know exists, especially when it has the lower playfield idea done right.

#32641 1 year ago

Incorrect. A lot of cash flow that went into the hobby making it grow exponentially was the result of people not being able to use their disposable incomes, so they discovered amusement machines, then also discovered their resale value in an industry not ready to support such growth which was surprised by lack of inventory, later supply chain issues and demand.
These group will be soon either stay still or sell their collection to pay debt after these machines start to depreciate due to a secondary market flooded with a few hundred machines of each title.
Hey that is my prediction! And just like Kaneda I might be wrong too!

This has no basis in reality or history. Pinball machines have consistently risen in value in the 14 years since I’ve been doing this, driven by the increased price of new machines pulling up increased price on used machines. It’s no different than any other niche market. Collector cars and luxury watches have risen steadily in value over the years and always will continue to. The scarcity of desirable older models no longer in production will always allow them to generally keep pace with newer models.

And the constant refrain of “it’s because of the pandemic and disposable cash” is inaccurate or certainly wildly incomplete. The huge rise in pinball machines as public amusement devices has increased demand tremendously. Although some failed during COVID there are easily hundreds more barcades in the US than there were 10 years ago, many with 10-15 machines or more. I can find 15 places to play on location within 40 miles today, as opposed to 1 just 16 years ago.

The market is fine and although particular titles will rise (and occasionally fall) in value, there is no big crash coming. That’s been said for years and it hasn’t happened in any capital intense collector market where the item holds some inherent value (i.e. watches vs beanie babies).

#32642 1 year ago

Ejector seat?!!!???

#32643 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

This has no basis in reality or history. Pinball machines have consistently risen in value in the 16 years since I’ve been doing this, driven by the increased price of new machines pulling up increased price on used machines. It’s no different than any other niche market. Collector cars and luxury watches have risen steadily in value over the years and always will continue to. The scarcity of desirable older models no longer in production will always allow them to generally keep pace with newer models.
And the “it’s because of the pandemic and disposable cash” statements are inaccurate as well. The huge rise in pinball machines as public amusement devices has increased demand tremendously. Although some failed during COVID there are easily hundreds more barcades in the US than there were 10 years ago, many with 10-15 machines or more. I can find 15 places to play on location within 40 miles today, as opposed to 1 just 16 years ago.
The market is fine and although particular titles will rise (and occasionally fall) in value, there is no big crash coming. That’s been said for years and it hasn’t happened in any capital intense collector market where the item holds some inherent value (i.e. watches vs beanie babies).

Disagree.
16 years of history isnt enough to measure the current reality: there was not a recession in the last 16 years,cost of mortgages through the roof now, and, people no longer in undetermined quarantine.
You are also wrong about the new pins going to barcades.
There are almost none of those in Canada and nonetheless, new collectors starting collecting because of Covid and waiting list at distros is all you get.

#32645 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Ejector seat?!!!???

Sounds like a perfect ball lock device. I’m imagining multiple balls held in a mech that feeds a ball at a time into the seat of a car toy, lights go out when all locks are achieved, a movie clip plays with Bond ejecting someone from the car and then lights come on and balls eject from the car.

#32646 1 year ago

Disagree.
16 years of history isnt enough to measure the current reality: there was not a recession in the last 16 years,cost of mortgages through the roof now, and, people no longer in undetermined quarantine.
You are also wrong about the new pins going to barcades.
There are almost none of those in Canada and nonetheless, new collectors starting collecting because of Covid and waiting list at distros is all you get.

Sadly you have no idea what you are talking about and continue to say things that are not correct. It’s not 16 years of history. It’s 30 or more. Machines, new and used, were worth significantly more in 2006 than they were in 1996 and 1986. Also there was a huge recession 12 years ago, in 2008. Not sure if you missed that one or what. Even so, that had a short term effect on home prices which have climbed significantly since. Didn’t affect luxury items like pinball and watches at all. And I don’t know anything about Canada but barcades and public pinball are all over in America. Quarantine hasn’t existed in this country in any meaningful way in 18+ months either.

Keep on waiting for that crash.

#32647 1 year ago

DB5

06D1F181-E00D-4F51-8DEE-366B9E42CD4C (resized).jpeg06D1F181-E00D-4F51-8DEE-366B9E42CD4C (resized).jpeg
#32648 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

DB5
[quoted image]

That should be flagged NSFW…

#32649 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

Sadly you have no idea what you are talking about and continue to say things that are not correct. It’s not 16 years of history. It’s 30 or more. Machines, new and used, were worth significantly more in 2006 than they were in 1996 and 1986. Also there was a huge recession 12 years ago, in 2008. Not sure if you missed that one or what. Even so, that had a short term effect on home prices which have climbed significantly since. Didn’t affect luxury items like pinball and watches at all. And I don’t know anything about Canada but barcades and public pinball are all over in America. Quarantine hasn’t existed in this country in any meaningful way in 18+ months either.
Keep on waiting for that crash.

how many pinball manufacturers were 12 years ago?
Did the hobby attract a huge new influx of collectors then?
What was the average price of the games then?

Yes you do touch on a lot of correct points but you are dismissing that this time around the hobby had a totally unexpected growth, which was not the case 12 years ago. I think we will be seeing a lot of used games for sale soon.

#32650 1 year ago

Lets let Stable Diffusion AI figure it out...

1103077308_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1103077308_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png110864565_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png110864565_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1223995207_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1223995207_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1345722478_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1345722478_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1450575341_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1450575341_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1508293867_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png1508293867_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png2242977199_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png2242977199_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png2684957546_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png2684957546_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png3469673149_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png3469673149_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png4102672016_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png4102672016_a_james_bond_007_pinball_machine_with_sean_connery (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, MI
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 653 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/653?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.