Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 652 of 938.
#32551 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

This reply on the Bond announcement post had me rolling
[quoted image]

Yeah that's hilarious af LOL

#32552 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Kaneda is great - I love people like him who stir the pot. People who say every pin is fun and shoots well or every company is doing a good job is not interesting. Lots of bad pins being made and bad business decisions out there!

Its one thing to be critical of pinball design and gameplay and its another to be enough of an asshole to get banned from multiple forums. He adds the same amount of value as the real housewives. Some people love mindless drama.

#32553 1 year ago

So it would seem Todd doesn't like Kaneda, BTTF, or crujones4life...What do you like Todd? What puts the lead in your pencil, so to speak?

#32554 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One Bond meaning Connery only and no others. I’ve heard multiple Connery era movies.
Could be setup similar to Star Wars instead of selecting a character you select a movie and play through the modes.

It’s gotta be Connery, doesn’t it? Considering he passed relatively recently (Oct ‘20) it seems a fitting homage to have him as THE Bond In the game…or at least the main one.

#32555 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Its one thing to be critical of pinball design and gameplay and its another to be enough of an asshole to get banned from multiple forums. He adds the same amount of value as the real housewives. Some people love mindless drama.

Don't follow him in the forums, I only listen to his commentary. I definitely don't always agree with him but he often makes good points and says things others won't.

#32556 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Supposedly it’s just based off of one Bond now…says Kaneda…for whatever thats worth.

Uggh really hope not one film. At least TS4 had all/most of main characters. Bond villains, girls, gadgets, locations, are all part of the magic. Shame if don’t tap into at least a chunk of that

#32557 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Can someone help me understand this.. reading in this thread is confusing. I have a Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Pro on order, both with deposits down and waiting on their run. My understanding all along was I locked in my pricing when I purchased. Some people in this thread are using verbiage implying that if Stern increases the prices of (say GZ and/or DP) they aren't for net-new orders but instead of existing orders people have already locked in.
Is that remotely true?
I can't imagine locking in an order and waiting 8 months for it to be built to then have the manufacturer increase the price in that timeline and you have to pay the delta? It doesn't make sense if all new orders are affected by price changes. Thoughts?

If you don't pay it the next guy will. That's the simple sad truth. It sucks.

#32558 1 year ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

ROFL. No they don't. You have to have a GOOD location.
Pins don't do well in Nashville on coin drop. We have hundreds of them here and they are all on Free Play sans 16-Bit and Game Terminal on tokens.

They don't pay for themselves until you sell the game. That's when you make your profit and roi operating. You have to keep the games rotating.

#32559 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you don't like my pins that's A-ok buddy - I don't care

No problem buddy. Just trying to be interesting.

#32560 1 year ago

Bummer. I do pretty well up north.

Quoted from DreamTR:

Pins don't do well in Nashville on coin drop. We have hundreds of them here and they are all on Free Play sans 16-Bit and Game Terminal on tokens.

This is mostly true…unless we’re taking about Stranger Things which umm…is actually printing money at the moment.

Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

They don't pay for themselves until you sell the game. That's when you make your profit and roi operating. You have to keep the games rotating.

#32561 1 year ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

My only real gripe with Game Terminal is that dropping a shiny, expensive $1 token into games like Eight Ball Deluxe or Flash Gordon might be the worst value in pinball.

#32562 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If the price changes do you honor refunds on the deposits?

With us at Tilt Amusements, our deposits are always refundable, we dont care the reason you are backing out. We also only ask for a 100.00 deposit, just enough to say your serious, though we get tons that put deposits on multiple dealers and we know it. just sucks because those people dont care if the dealer gets screwed ordering games for them and then having to sit on them because of someone backing out. Right now, its not that big of an issue, as with the current situation, if someone backs out, there is almost always another person waiting.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

Don't blame JJP or other for price increases. When JJP sees people selling their GNR CEs for 2k to 6k about msrp 2 years ago. Stern with godzilla LEs doing the same. How much above msrp you sold elvira 40th anniversary for?
Greedy people need to leave. let us players/hobbyist/small route people enjoy for reasonable prices.

Bringing up Elvira is a moot point, there was no MSRP on that game, so not a single dealer charged over since its an imaginary number. As for dealers charging over MSRP on other titles like godzilla premium or LE models, well that doesnt happen at tilt. Other distributors have been caught and are openly doing that, and personally, id avoid them, but its your choice. And pricing fluctuates really, Some games that are in everyones inventory are now starting to go below MSRP. Right now, i know we have mandalorian, rush and zeppelin, below msrp with free shipping. . You might not get the old street prices like you use to, but its never over msrp from our company games. (now im a collector to, so if someone offers me over msrp on one of my personal games, i think that is different, but i rarely sell my personal anyway)

#32563 1 year ago

When you Google Stern Bond... this comes up...

Stern Bond (resized).jpgStern Bond (resized).jpg
#32564 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That and people are gladly paying higher msrp prices. Stern cannot make games fast enough and even had to put off releasing games trying to catch up. The highest priced games (LE's) sell out almost instantly these days. People are already putting money down on Bond without even seeing the game.

Lets revisit these points 6-12 months from now. I'll wager a good sum the market will be in a much different place.

#32565 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No problem buddy. Just trying to be interesting.

See.

Quoted from moat-pin:

Uggh really hope not one film. At least TS4 had all/most of main characters. Bond villains, girls, gadgets, locations, are all part of the magic. Shame if don’t tap into at least a chunk of that

I see what you mean but TS4 a little different in terms of a series. I have more confidence in Stern doing it right than anyone else though, whatever assets they are using.

#32566 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Lets revisit these points 6-12 months from now. I'll wager a good sum the market will be in a much different place.

Bubble burst is right around the corner? That's crazy! You should start a pricing thread with that fresh take.

#32567 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Pinball is definitely more exciting with Kaneda in it.

This comment actually wins the opposite-day award forever.

MV5BMWZiZDdiODItNjg4Yi00MTZjLWE3ZDktOTdhYjRkYTEyZDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2MTc2MjE5._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMWZiZDdiODItNjg4Yi00MTZjLWE3ZDktOTdhYjRkYTEyZDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2MTc2MjE5._V1_ (resized).jpg
#32568 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

With us at Tilt Amusements, our deposits are always refundable, we dont care the reason you are backing out. We also only ask for a 100.00 deposit, just enough to say your serious, though we get tons that put deposits on multiple dealers and we know it. just sucks because those people dont care if the dealer gets screwed ordering games for them and then having to sit on them because of someone backing out. Right now, its not that big of an issue, as with the current situation, if someone backs out, there is almost always another person waiting.

Bringing up Elvira is a moot point, there was no MSRP on that game, so not a single dealer charged over since its an imaginary number. As for dealers charging over MSRP on other titles like godzilla premium or LE models, well that doesnt happen at tilt. Other distributors have been caught and are openly doing that, and personally, id avoid them, but its your choice. And pricing fluctuates really, Some games that are in everyones inventory are now starting to go below MSRP. Right now, i know we have mandalorian, rush and zeppelin, below msrp with free shipping. . You might not get the old street prices like you use to, but its never over msrp from our company games. (now im a collector to, so if someone offers me over msrp on one of my personal games, i think that is different, but i rarely sell my personal anyway)

Thanks for the reply, that’s a great policy.

#32569 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Bubble burst is right around the corner? That's crazy! You should start a pricing thread with that fresh take.

I didn't mention a bubble. I do think inflation is going to impact NIB sales in the next 6-12 months, particularly if Stern continues with price increases. It is already happening with Toy Story.

Demand for high end toys like pinball machines isn't price inelastic. Like I said, lets revisit this conversation in 6-12 months.

#32570 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Stern doesn’t do non refundable deposits like the other manufacturers. Any deposit at a distro for a Stern should be refundable if there’s a price increase. If they say it’s not go to a different distro.

More like if they say it is not, have your lawyer give them a call.

#32571 1 year ago

So…

…what‘s next?

#32572 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So…
…what‘s next?

Venom. Always good to get a game and theme that will give the wallet a rest

#32573 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is already happening with Toy Story.

Let's be clear - the TS4CE price had nothing to do with inflation. It was 100% money grab and I hope it bites them in the rear. Unless they wake up and bring back the magic that once defined their brand, I'm done with them.

#32575 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Let's be clear - the TS4CE price had nothing to do with inflation. It was 100% money grab and I hope it bites them in the rear. Unless they wake up and bring back the magic that once defined their brand, I'm done with them.

It is biting them in the rear. If Stern gets greedy, it will them as well.

#32576 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I like Kaneda, his enthusiasm is great, and dont take anything he says as face value.
It’s pinball. It’s fun.
It is ok to be wrong about it. I enjoy the debate and the constructive criticism.
Not going to celebrate him “getting ripped” by his FB followers.
High school is over.
Life is short. Chill. Let’s not be so serious about an amusement machine/board with blinky lights.
Enjoy it. Who else brings you that enthusiasm on a weekly basis. Maybe Zack from flip qne out.
These guys are great and it is fun listening to them, dont care if they are right or wrong.
Peace!

I enjoy the discussion and amusement. He is entertaining to me...but it's also amusing when people give him shit. I don't dislike the guy...at all. He brings more interest and people to pinball. That's a good thing in my book. The banter between him and his followers just cracks me up!

#32577 1 year ago

Anyone bought a machine off Sterns site?
Is it a couple thousand deposit or pay in full?

#32578 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone bought a machine off Sterns site?
Is it a couple thousand deposit or pay in full?

It's pay in full. I think they ship immediately when you buy direct from Stern.

#32579 1 year ago

Already got an email from one distributor stern is going up but said they don’t know how much yet. They are $500 over msrp plus shipping. Prob 12500-13000 for le all in. I have a line on one at msrp hopefully so should be better.

#32580 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Already got an email from one distributor stern is going up but said they don’t know how much yet. They are $500 over msrp plus shipping. Prob 12500-13000 for le all in. I have a line on one at msrp hopefully so should be better.

FC9A2A5B-4445-4D4C-AB57-037B28BFA246.gifFC9A2A5B-4445-4D4C-AB57-037B28BFA246.gif
#32581 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So…
…what‘s next?

I really hope its something that I like amd everyone else hates, so I can pick up a nib title for less than msrp

#32582 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So you're mad that a company that deaigns the machine codes the game, fabricates the parts, and puts it all together and ships it to you (or to someone)....

You're mad that they want to get the most money, or market value as it should be called, instead of selling cheaper and letting flippers make money off of them?

You're mad at them for that? You hope making the most money and ending flipping bites them in the ass?

And you're mad at the company? Not the flippers that caused it.... But the company that makes said games that you love....

...Wow...

#32583 1 year ago

My distributor just threw me a curve. He said James Bond is a Stern misdirect.
He said James Bond is Stern's code name for their next superhero themed pin: The Green Hawk.
Green Hawk (resized).jpgGreen Hawk (resized).jpg
The good news is that pin buyers can save money by bundling it with their house and car insurance through Geico.

#32584 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

He said James Bond is Stern's code name for the next superhero themed pin: The Green Hawk.
[quoted image]
The good news is that buyers can save money by bundling it with their house and car insurance through Geico.

I would actually buy a BLANK MAN pin… the J5 toy would be amazing …. You kiss Kimberly and the pin starts to shake and shut down. He has some sweet gadgets.

9D3D30D1-401A-4766-8032-B37EB5D2547B.gif9D3D30D1-401A-4766-8032-B37EB5D2547B.gif
#32585 1 year ago

Green Hawk ? Blank Man?
I thought it was Matt Helm

#32586 1 year ago

Stern is not going to punish a distributor for honoring a preorder price, but it's a good mutually beneficial "policy" Stern has to make their distributors happy. They are free to rip off their customers blame-free. Unfortunately right now pinball is too big and there's too many customers with too few options and Stern has all the power.

#32587 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

He said James Bond is Stern's code name for their next superhero themed pin: The Green Hawk.
[quoted image]
The good news is that pin buyers can save money by bundling it with their house and car insurance through Geico.

It’s rare that I audibly laugh at a commercial, but this one did it

#32588 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I didn't mention a bubble. I do think inflation is going to impact NIB sales in the next 6-12 months, particularly if Stern continues with price increases. It is already happening with Toy Story.
Demand for high end toys like pinball machines isn't price inelastic. Like I said, lets revisit this conversation in 6-12 months.

it already has. used sales of pins and vids that rose within the past 1.5 years are going down and for sale ads are taking longer and people drop prices over and over to sell. Not on every title, but most.
car repo's have been up as of late and im guessing housing foreclosures will be too as those that way overpaid asking prices on both of those will have to deal with their loans...

#32589 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So…
…what‘s next?

Stern next is James Bond. I am unsure of how much of the Steve Ritchie 3-flipper game version I saw originally is still left. Gomez, I assumed, changed a lot of it.

JJP is working on Elton John.

#32590 1 year ago

So many cool themes for pinball and the JJP rumours are Billy Joel and now.....Elton John. Groan....

#32591 1 year ago
E3FFCBE2-5117-473D-9740-1C78425C78AA.gifE3FFCBE2-5117-473D-9740-1C78425C78AA.gif
#32592 1 year ago

next pin I would sign up for....

Asterix

- so many missions
- multi ball with magic potion

Asterix (resized).pngAsterix (resized).png
#32593 1 year ago
Quoted from LittleOnion:

next pin I would sign up for....
Asterix
- so many missions
- multi ball with magic potion
[quoted image]

Take the magic potion!!

#32594 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Stern is not going to punish a distributor for honoring a preorder price, but it's a good mutually beneficial "policy" Stern has to make their distributors happy. They are free to rip off their customers blame-free. Unfortunately right now pinball is too big and there's too many customers with too few options and Stern has all the power.

Stern is all about volume. They are not going to pull a JJP monster price out of the bag.

Gary and management can see secondary market softening and they know we are going into recession. $200-300 is not unreasonable and I think that's what we get.

#32595 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Stern is all about volume. They are not going to pull a JJP monster price out of the bag.
Gary and management can see secondary market softening and they know we are going into recession. $200-300 is not unreasonable and I think that's what we get.

or they are maybe just gonna take one more and last shot and milk this cow dry before the relentless and unavoidable recession that is coming. A quick $500 increase per trim, makes them a few millions, investors happy. With the .75 increase in borrowing costs and possibly more to come... it is just a matter of time now. no?

#32596 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

When you Google Stern Bond... this comes up...[quoted image]

And so... Any chance you can release your Future Pinball Bond table I mean, that would be fun and nice, to release it at the same time as Stern Bond machine...

#32597 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Personally, I don’t consider any additional increase at this time reasonable considering they raised prices over 20% less than a year ago.

#32598 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

or they are maybe just gonna take one more and last shot and milk this cow dry before the relentless and unavoidable recession that is coming. A quick $500 increase per trim, makes them a few millions, investors happy. With the .75 increase in borrowing costs and possibly more to come... it is just a matter of time now. no?

I wish prices would go down, unfortunately the prices will continue to rise for lots of varying reasons... They are not focused about an "unavoidable recession". Their build of material costs increase, demand continues increasing... as evident from their existing backlog. Therefore the price will continue to increase. Their business model is printing money at this point... why not print some more. While it sucks that they are driving some of their existing customer base out of the market, with new people entering the market who have more money and are willing to pony up... You might not like it, I don't love it... but at the end of the day they are making a smart money making business decision.

#32599 1 year ago

I had a Godzilla LE in my cart from Stern -- but no shipping option to Canada! So I assume it's for US only. It is possible to snag one, just be ready.

#32600 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I had a Godzilla LE in my cart from Stern -- but no shipping option to Canada! So I assume it's for US only. It is possible to snag one, just be ready.

They do this to all Canadian customers....

yes-screw-the-customer.gifyes-screw-the-customer.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 652 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/652?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.