Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 649 of 938.
#32401 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Interesting. It was bond 2.0 to me and my friends. We played it more than OG Goldeneye. Surprised to hear it's not as popular.

Oh yeah, as I did. Great game! Custom games, bots, it's way ahead of a lot of stuff even today!

#32402 1 year ago

Edited Premium price to 9599

#32403 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I dont believe any of this to be accurate...
I expect a Premium, LE, SLE model with their respective pricing unique to this theme and pricing should continue the same for everything else.
Covid is done, manufacturing is caught up ***almost*** everywhere, with emphasis on almost, the whole supply chain thing is old news and should not warrant any more increases ALA JJP which was just corporate greed for a lame game.
I think that if they do rise prices for all, it might trigger the end of an era and a decline in the market in general. With more % and the cost of borrowing money increasing, I do not see people lining up for pins like 2 years ago.
If they do rise the prices, I believe this will definitely make a short term impact and the buyer base will immediately shrink.
I will be disappointed if they do it.

Dude, who told you supply chain issues or inflation was done? Even in my profession we still have supply bottlenecks up the wazzoo, with logs back into 2023. Tried to get a rhythm game for my daughter for the gameroom and that distro said there’s delays with manufacturing well into 2023.

Prices are also tapering off but not in decline. If you’re looking for anything to go back to the pre-Covid days anytime soon then you’re way misinformed.

#32404 1 year ago

current msrp

Pro Model MSRP: $6,899

Premium Model MSRP: $8,999

Limited Edition Model MSRP: $11,099

#32405 1 year ago

Generally thinking a gameplay video will be available Friday? I may be able to add one machine, so it will be this or TNA 2.0, but I suspect the latter won't be available for too much longer.

#32406 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh yeah, as I did. Great game! Custom games, bots, it's way ahead of a lot of stuff even today!

Man, you're making me want to lug my CRT out of the basement and play some after work now.

#32407 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

Generally thinking a gameplay video will be available Friday? I may be able to add one machine, so it will be this or TNA 2.0, but I suspect the latter won't be available for too much longer.

Won’t even be shown to distributors until next Tuesday.

#32408 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Man, you're making me want to lug my CRT out of the basement and play some after work now.

The Xbox 360 port of the OG game is on Xbox Game Pass, if you want to play MP with a framerate above 9

#32409 1 year ago

Not a fan of the week long tease. 3 days is plenty!

#32410 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Won’t even be shown to distributors until next Tuesday.

Bummer

#32411 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

The Xbox 360 port of the OG game is on Xbox Game Pass, if you want to play MP with a framerate above 9

It has never been officially released.

#32412 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What do we think the pricing will be for theses machines?

Rumor was Elvira premium would be 10k this year, so that might be the norm for prem. I guess it will be 10k by Christmas

#32413 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:Premiums are already more than this and Rush was $11,500
If they go much higher I think you will see the first stern game in a long time not sell out . The jig is up .

Who would pay $11,500 for a Rush Premium? That’s insane for a premium

#32414 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

It has never been officially released.

I'm talking about Perfect Dark

#32415 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm talking about Perfect Dark

Ah, gotcha. I highly recommend playing the leaked Xbox Live (360) Goldeneye remaster on Xenia, until it finally gets released.

#32416 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not a fan of the week long tease. 3 days is plenty!

Agree, and Stern is going about this thing all wrong.
The new trend is to announce the game, give folks 3 days to decide if they want it and sell them all via your online store.
Oh, and take non-refundable deposits. I forgot about that part.

#32417 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Agree, and Stern is going about this thing all wrong.
The new trend is to announce the game, give folks 3 days to decide if they want it and sell them all via your online store.
Oh, and take non-refundable deposits. I forgot about that part.

Not exactly the same because TNA gameplay was available to any buyer to see before they decide if they want to buy it. Three days to decide was a little short thought.

How long will Stern 007 LE buyers have between seeing full gameplay and buying it through the Stern online store?

#32418 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Interesting. It was bond 2.0 to me and my friends. We played it more than OG Goldeneye. Surprised to hear it's not as popular.

Same here.

#32419 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

Not exactly the same because TNA gameplay was available to any buyer to see before they decide if they want to buy it. Three days to decide was a little short thought.
How long will Stern 007 LE buyers have between seeing full gameplay and buying it through the Stern online store?

True, all valid points. Don’t mind me, I’m just bitter about the 9K price tag keeping me from a new TNA. Carry on.

#32420 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

True, all valid points. Don’t mind me, I’m just bitter about the 9K price tag keeping me from a new TNA. Carry on.

I'm also bummed about the TNA price. Compounded by 007 being a game I'd actually be interested in vs the super hero and music stuff I'm not as into.

#32421 1 year ago

I dont believe any of this to be accurate...
I expect a Premium, LE, SLE model with their respective pricing unique to this theme and pricing should continue the same for everything else.
Covid is done, manufacturing is caught up ***almost*** everywhere, with emphasis on almost, the whole supply chain thing is old news and should not warrant any more increases ALA JJP which was just corporate greed for a lame game.
I think that if they do rise prices for all, it might trigger the end of an era and a decline in the market in general. With more % and the cost of borrowing money increasing, I do not see people lining up for pins like 2 years ago.
If they do rise the prices, I believe this will definitely make a short term impact and the buyer base will immediately shrink.
I will be disappointed if they do it.

heh supply chain thing is not old news. At work our estimates to get product out is 10 times longer than usual since we rely on chips so much

#32422 1 year ago

... or order from the distributors. Stern online store is just one option.

Quoted from jjga:

Not exactly the same because TNA gameplay was available to any buyer to see before they decide if they want to buy it. Three
days to decide was a little short thought.

#32423 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

My CRT is always set up with an N64. I’m joking when I say I want an N64 Goldeneye themed pin but if they made it I would buy it.

CF221CDA-9BAB-4AF0-9B51-3B168C318573 (resized).jpegCF221CDA-9BAB-4AF0-9B51-3B168C318573 (resized).jpeg
#32424 1 year ago

Bond theme does absolutely nothing for me, but cool for those of you that want it. I got 2 pins on order anyways so not like I was going to order anything else but still holding out for He-Man MOTU ... one day lol

#32425 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Premiums are already more than this and Rush was $11,500
If they go much higher I think you will see the first stern game in a long time not sell out . The jig is up .

Rush was $9000

#32426 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDark:

My CRT is always set up with an N64. I’m joking when I say I want an N64 Goldeneye themed pin but if they made it I would buy it. [quoted image]

I've got mine set up in my basement in my pin room. Love me some goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

#32427 1 year ago

Sean Connery era Bond pin is a dream theme here. Oh man, this is about the only release that will threaten my wallet. And, I’ve just finished paying off my last round of pin acquisitions (thanks, Elwin. You cost me a ton…)

#32428 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

heh supply chain thing is not old news. At work our estimates to get product out is 10 times longer than usual since we rely on chips so much

agreed, therefore the emphasis on almost

That said, a chip shortage (now also levelling off with costs also coming down by 50% in some cases after a 1000% increase during covid - SMT32 chips anyone - - none of the other parts in a spike II system are that limited I think, except for perhaps the CPU, and even any chips can be found if you look hard enough at a premium price, sure they will cost more than before covid....BUT it does not warrant a price increase of $2000 USD over 16 months, it is just not realistic solely on the chip example.

When you are building cars needing a few hundred thousand units, it will eat up your bottom line maybe? but Pinball is a different story... so $1000 1 year ago, and supposedly another $1K now, if we follow the trend.... I don't know, it seems VERY high.

It also seems weird for a company facing so many supply challenges to be moving factories, or, hiring new employees to develop Insider Connect. You would think that expanding would not be a good move if you suspect Supply Chain issues could affect your growth and cash flow...

I do not think the price increase has anything to do with chain supply issues -as much- anymore. It could be related to some degree but that is not the bulk of it and it is perhaps a way of passing the cost of current growth and cost of software development down the client while keeping investors happy, a good opportunity too since other companies did the same recently as well.

I do hope to see this reflected in the BOM pushing the bar a little higher than before but not holding my breath.

Anyways, back to the 'next stern'!

#32429 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Well now that that's over...

Yes. My money is safe!

But I like Gomez designs; if the game‘s great the license is ok for me. - But nothing I‘d even remotely consider buying blindfolded.

#32430 1 year ago

Despite the theme not doing it for me, I'm super excited to see the reveal, the layout, the toys and how it shoots.

#32431 1 year ago

Sounds like some reasonably priced Godzillas are about to hit the market

Quoted from MrDark:

My CRT is always set up with an N64. I’m joking when I say I want an N64 Goldeneye themed pin but if they made it I would buy it. [quoted image]

Nice! I need to get a CRT for a retro set up. I recently lucked into a family member doing some basement clean up, who handed me a big rubber maid bin with
- Front loader NES with light gun, controllers and about 20 games
- Genesis, 3 button controllers, ~10 games
- 2 N64s, controllers, games
- 2 PS2s, controllers, games
- 1 Original GameBoy, with the crazy ass magnifier, battery pack, extra speaker add on
Amazingly enough, everything still works. I need to find homes around here for the extra N64 and PS2.

#32432 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Who would pay $11,500 for a Rush Premium? That’s insane for a premium

LE

#32433 1 year ago

agreed, therefore the emphasis on almost
That said, a chip shortage (now also levelling off with costs also coming down by 50% in some cases after a 1000% increase during covid - SMT32 chips anyone - - none of the other parts in a spike II system are that limited I think, except for perhaps the CPU, and even any chips can be found if you look hard enough at a premium price, sure they will cost more than before covid....BUT it does not warrant a price increase of $2000 USD over 16 months, it is just not realistic solely on the chip example.

Costs do not determine price.

#32434 1 year ago

Chip shortage has gotten better for sub 10nm stuff (your laptop CPU, a PS5) but microcontrollers (which cars and pins use a LOT of) is still pretty weak sauce.

#32435 1 year ago

Very curious what Stern prices this at.

Won't have to wait long.

I will guess (like others) that they are hiking by $1000 across the board.

Good question is: where is the ceiling where players push back? I don't think it's at $1000 more...... it's that boiling frog effect: they'll do it $1000 at a time until they get to whatever it is they really want (15K? or more than that?). In a rough economy prices aren't coming down, they'll just build less of them.

#32436 1 year ago

Ok its Bond. Can we go back to talking about BTTF being next please

#32437 1 year ago
Quoted from Gentlekiwi:

Ok its Bond. Can we go back to talking about BTTF being next please

arent_ready_yet_bttf.gifarent_ready_yet_bttf.gif
#32438 1 year ago

James bond is about the best theme possible for sales outside of the USA imho. I'm excited. I was thinking the pin would be Connery or a Connery and Moore mashup so i was pretty close. I'm a fan of the silly Moore 007 acting and plots many people don't like. Bring on Honney Ryder and Odd job.

#32439 1 year ago

I expected it to be bond since Zach Meny's signaling of it months back in one of the two video episodes of The Pinball Show (I don't recall which). Goes to show there are always people in the know.

#32440 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I expected it to be bond since Zach Meny's signaling of it months back in one of the two video episodes of The Pinball Show (I don't recall which). Goes to show there are always people in the know.

I honestly don't think Zach really knew.

Bond rumor was strong this year but that's about it.

#32441 1 year ago
Quoted from Judgeworm:

Does this make the Austin Powers pin more valuable?
Asking for a friend.

No. Different hardware platforms

#32442 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This Week in Pinball has been mentioning Bond for well over a year now.

#32443 1 year ago

Bond has some good scenes with edgy ladies. But wish Austin Powers would make an appearance. Backboard to be modeled after this military issue bra.

B8CDDD2B-60EA-4AA1-B5D1-3076CA49A77A.gifB8CDDD2B-60EA-4AA1-B5D1-3076CA49A77A.gif

#32444 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bond has some good scenes with edgy ladies. But wish Austin Powers would make an appearance. Backboard to be modeled after
this military issue bra.
[quoted image]

Ursula Andress The 10th Victim 1965

the-tenth-victim-1965-shutterstock-editorial-5881648e (resized).jpgthe-tenth-victim-1965-shutterstock-editorial-5881648e (resized).jpg
#32445 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I honestly don't think Zach really knew.
Bond rumor was strong this year but that's about it.

I supposed we'd have to ask the man (though shouldn't bother because not something he'd likely speak to publicly). That said, I disagree and think he was indeed tipping his hand on this one. He knows the actual skinny on a number of other long-rumored rumors, so wouldn't shock me if he knew this one too.

#32446 1 year ago

Its gotta be Franchi on art right ?????

#32447 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hope so.

#32448 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

My guess is Gomez, Tanio on software, Franchi on art.

#32449 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Franchi did recently say, save your money till October, which is when Bond will be widely delivered. So yes, think he’d be on art and it will be a wow art package if he is.

#32450 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Franchi did recently say, save your money till October, which is when Bond will be widely delivered. So yes, think he’d be on art and it will be a wow art package if he is.

What is your favorite Franchi art game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 649 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/649?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.