Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 938.
#3101 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would think Elvira would be closer to Halloween...

October reveal with Elvira herself at Pinball Expo 35.

#3102 5 years ago

Stern release schedule: Music Pin....Movie/TV Pin.....Superhero Pin....Music Pin....Movie/TV Pin.....Superhero Pin...

#3103 5 years ago

So where does Superman 78 fall on the release schedule?

#3104 5 years ago
Quoted from Netzley_Crunch:

It's not. Just another pin side rumour ...

#3105 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Speaking of which, where's the Bon Jovi pin you threw into the pinside rumor mill?

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speaking of which, where's the Bon Jovi pin you threw into the pinside rumor mill?

It will be Motley Crue !

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stern has the license. As to when and if it’s made, hard to say.

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern has the license. As to when and if it’s made, hard to say.

Prove it ... where did you find the info ? Or are you just adding to a rumour ?

#3109 5 years ago

I am ready for a real confirmation soon.

#3110 5 years ago

Any insider knowledge about a LOTR vault this year? Thought I read some rumblings about it being talked about on one of the podcasts.

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any insider knowledge about a LOTR vault this year? Thought I read some rumblings about it being talked about on one of the podcasts.

Just scroll back a little.

#3112 5 years ago

Any word on Tron VE?

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on Tron VE?

Yes. Same answer as above you.

Again: "Podcast Insider" word is next Vault is neither LotR or Tron but still a popular game.

So I'd say GoT because of that,... like multiple times the last page.

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on Tron VE?

yes, I hope so! LCD will be fantastic..

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Again: "Podcast Insider" word is next Vault is neither LotR or Tron but still a popular game.

GoT resale on the secondary market isn't high enough to make sense as a Vault, unless there is a massive code update, which I doubt (we'll be lucky to get bugfixes). Plus, the series will be over by the time they announce the next Vault.

#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on Tron VE?

If they brought out an upgraded Tron Pro with LCD, new translite and everything else the same, I'd be more excited than The Black Knight, Munsters and even Willy Wonka. Tron - the only game I ever regret selling.

#3117 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT resale on the secondary market isn't high enough to make sense as a Vault, unless there is a massive code update, which I doubt (we'll be lucky to get bugfixes). Plus, the series will be over by the time they announce the next Vault.

But Star Trek was?

Stern isn't CGC.

GoT Pro are mostly sold out and used one sell pretty close to NIB price (at least in europe) and the series is still running, so why not do another batch?
There's no risk in this.

#3118 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well when would the next VE be released?

#3119 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

But Star Trek was?
Stern isn't CGC.
GoT Pro are mostly sold out and used one sell pretty close to NIB price (at least in europe) and the series is still running, so why not do another batch?
There's no risk in this.

Because by the time they release a vault after Black Knight:SR, GoT will not be running, it will be completely over. That and used prices are not that great, nowhere near what they want for a vault, and the game software is 4 seasons behind.

#3120 5 years ago

If it is GOT, I believe they need to do a much better job with it. No disrespect to any GOT owners out there, but that was one pin I was super stoked about and ready to throw my money at....biggest let down I’ve experienced yet. So much potential......broke my heart.

#3121 5 years ago

OP could add a poll. Which game would you like to see vaulted next?
Lotr
Tron
Got

For me
Lotr =maybe
Tron =yes
Got = no

Edit: maybe throw Simpsons in there as well. I've had a few people mention that one to me.
Not one id be after.

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

If it is GOT, I believe they need to do a much better job with it. No disrespect to any GOT owners out there, but that was one pin I was super stoked about and ready to throw my money at....biggest let down I’ve experienced yet. So much potential......broke my heart.

I love Game of Thrones, but when I encounter the pinball machine out in the wild, I have no ambition to put money in it. I know that people rate it fairly highly as a good player, it just doesn't drag me in. The art doesn't grab me and the DMD video clip animations hurt my eyes.

With all the new games that Stern are releasing, I can't picture them putting too much effort into Vault releases from this point on. As much as I'd love to see a game like Lord of the Rings or Tron elevated to something truly special with an LCD and total art re-dedign, I think they will just be releasing previous games that can be quickly added to keep the production line running.

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

OP could add a poll. Which game would you like to see vaulted next?
Lotr
Tron
Got
For me
Lotr =maybe
Tron =yes
Got = no
Edit: maybe throw Simpsons in there as well. I've had a few people mention that one to me.
Not one id be after.

Everyone wants LotR over GoT. All I wanted to say is for Stern it's more feasible to release another small batch of 'current' game then to completely remake a Whitestar Title.
And that is why it is not (yet) on the horizon.

They will release something. GoT (in pretty)? Walking Dead (Comicbookstlye)? - Who knows.

#3124 5 years ago

Think there's any chance that Steve will revisit High Speed/Getaway at some point? That would be a "must have" for me, but I'm not sure if it would be commercially successful compared to some of the other titles mentioned in this thread.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

The art doesn't grab me and the DMD video clip animations hurt my eyes.

Yeah, with all the badly digitized video it pretty much demands a colorDMD, which is a huge improvement on GoT.

#3126 5 years ago

Stern’s manufacturing backlog - tons of BKSoR and Munsters plus more BM66, DP and Maiden. Having five cornerstone titles in production at once is why Stern is King of Pinball. I would be tempted by another premium version of BM66.

The only old title I see Stern making a vault of is Tron, and if they made a premium version with fiber on ramps but WITHOUT the lcd screen upgrade, they could sell 1000 games. Because they can spend less effort and still capture most remaining sales, Stern won’t be making the lcd version some Tron fans crave.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern won’t be making the lcd version some Tron fans crave.

Early 2016:

"Stern won't be making the LCD version some Batman fans crave."

#3128 4 years ago

GoT Vault just got an even bigger possibility...

#3129 4 years ago

Any new hints?

#3130 4 years ago

Possibly an "Avengers" Infinity War Vault...?

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Possibly an "Avengers" Infinity War Vault...?

A (new)infinity war game would have killed it right now but avengers was garbage so it should never be vaulted..ever

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

...but avengers was garbage so it should never be vaulted..ever

I don't think it was THAT good.

#3133 4 years ago

I would like for Stern to try Avengers again (new design) around Infinity War/End Game. Seems like to big a license not to do it.

#3134 4 years ago

The balls could be the infinity stones with a guantlet that would lock them.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

If Thanos snaps his fingers, half your score goes away.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Wait, I think I have that game!

Gloves locking balls is awesome.

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from Netzley_Crunch:

I am hoping it comes up as the next title-mid summer?

#3138 4 years ago

There isnt enough solid rumour gossip around this time. A couple months before Munsters was released we were all pretty sure Munsters was next. A couple months before Black Knight we we all pretty sure Black Knight was next. This time nobody seems to be pretty sure about anything. Just passing rumours. Elvira seem solid but nobody is talking like it is next so what will be I wonder? Also, what the next vault be is pretty uncertain. Plenty of Lotr and Tron speculation but again the rumour dont seem to be the solid kind yet.
Still hoping the next music pin will be Queen or Sabbath but I'm not holding my breath.

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am hoping it comes up as the next title-mid summer?

One can hope..........

#3140 4 years ago

Just want Elvira to happen in 2019

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just want Elvira to happen in 2019

Stay tuned ! Announcement soon !

#3142 4 years ago

Elvira is fairly solid for fall, '19.

The summer release is likely to be Eddy's Jurassic World.

The only question is, what title will get an additional run during a lull - and any lulls at all seem unlikely with all these new releases! I'm not talking about Vaults. I'm talking simply about a recent DMD with a lingering license that can be thrown on the line. Metallica Premiums had a run last summer/fall. This summer it could be - what, GOT? My personal vote: TWD!

Yeah, a fresh run of a DMD won't be Stern's next release, but it may be the next thing to come off their line. Just sayin'.

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Yeah, a fresh run of a DMD won't be Stern's next release, but it may be the next thing to come off their line. Just sayin'.

I sure hope so!

#3144 4 years ago

If it’s a music pin, Motley Crüe would be great. I’m not a super fan, but enjoy the music. It’s fast, fits pinball. Have ramps go up each side to lock balls into Tommy’s drums and then it turns and you hit the lock bar fire button to launch them. Have another multiball in the play field with a magnet centering the pentagram from Shout at the Devil. Flames behind the back like Black Knight. Press the start button and “in the beginning” plays. Could be wild

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

If it’s a music pin, Motley Crüe would be great. I’m not a super fan, but enjoy the music. It’s fast, fits pinball. Have ramps go up each side to lock balls into Tommy’s drums and then it turns and you hit the lock bar fire button to launch them. Have another multiball in the play field with a magnet centering the pentagram from Shout at the Devil. Flames behind the back like Black Knight. Press the start button and “in the beginning” plays. Could be wild

Yeah, but the drum mech would keep jamming on the tracks.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

After watching The Dirt on N- flix I would be interested also in a Crue pin.

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

If they brought out an upgraded Tron Pro with LCD, new translite and everything else the same, I'd be more excited than The Black Knight, Munsters and even Willy Wonka. Tron - the only game I ever regret selling.

I wish for a rethemed Tron but to the 1982 version. That way the current owners have what they bought and don't get diluted but the new people get the same great game but with a different art package.

#3148 4 years ago

Motley crue would be awesome !

#3150 4 years ago
C2A63A9B-61E9-4496-97D4-D2AE6CC3037B (resized).jpegC2A63A9B-61E9-4496-97D4-D2AE6CC3037B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/63?hl=nexfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.