Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 633 of 941.
#31601 1 year ago

Lots of talking in this thread but everybody knows we are eating out of Stern's hand. They can announce an awesome title in October or November with no price increase and everybody will claim Stern is still the king and LE's will sell out immediately. But even with all the bitching about TNA, those will also sell out.

#31602 1 year ago

I am believing it’s not happening today! So sad

#31603 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Not dramatic. Just my opinion sorry I have morals and ethics unlike yourself. One has to stand by their word. They don’t want to they lose all credibility

Lol. So a pinball company is unethical if they dont announce a game today? You take the meaning of pinball is life to a whole new level.

#31604 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Lots of talking in this thread but everybody knows we are eating out of Stern's hand. They can announce an awesome title in October or November with no price increase and everybody will claim Stern is still the king and LE's will sell out immediately. But even with all the bitching about TNA, those will also sell out.

I was gonna say, and this is why they can charge what they want now.

#31605 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I was gonna say, and this is why they can charge what they want now.

Like any other price increase for things, it does stop some people from buying the products. Eventually it will start hurting the various companies if they continue to increase prices.

#31606 1 year ago
Quoted from Smokezz:

Like any other price increase for things, it does stop some people from buying the products. Eventually it will start hurting the various companies if they continue to increase prices.

Agreed. Some customers will drop out for sure. Unless the title is a hit then they will raise. If they made more stranger things for instance. They could charge even more than before.

#31607 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. So a pinball company is unethical if they dont announce a game today? You take the meaning of pinball is life to a whole new level.

Missing the point. If I’m a business owner and I tell you I will be at your home today you would expect me to be there. If I don’t show up and I don’t call. You as my customer would be upset. Id rather have Stern come and say, “we will announce our next pin in October.” Then not say anything at all. I was just taught a man is only as good as his word.

#31608 1 year ago

I feel like a number of customers (including myself) are stuck in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for this announcement. There are one or two rumored titles that would be an instant buy for me, otherwise I’d probably jump on one of these final runs of existing titles

#31609 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

"you see, MY toys are so much more sophisticated and manly than THOSE other toys"
Pokemon is a dream theme to a lot of people. Hell, they've made several Pokemon pinball games over the years. Honestly, makes far more sense than Bond or Jaws or Venom.

YA man. I couldn't care less what you're into but last time I checked they weren't making a Pokemon pin this go round. Yesterday seemed like a lot of dudes were on here were posting essays about how important pokemon is.

Sorry they're not making it but its kind of annoying to have it scroll through 50 posts about how Pokemon touches the life of every member of their family to see if some dude has information about a pin that will be made.

#31610 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

YA man. I couldn't care less what you're into but last time I checked they weren't making a Pokemon pin this go round. Yesterday seemed like a lot of dudes were on here were posting essays about how important pokemon is.
Sorry they're not making it but its kind of annoying to have it scroll through 50 posts about how Pokemon touches the life of every member of their family to see if some dude has information about a pin that will be made.

I think that’s the point of this thread judging by the OP. People would like the next machine to be Pokémon it would seem, which fits into this thread perfectly imo.

1D83D444-32FA-41B0-8400-9946CE81B86F (resized).png1D83D444-32FA-41B0-8400-9946CE81B86F (resized).png
#31611 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Missing the point. If I’m a business owner and I tell you I will be at your home today you would expect me to be there. If I don’t show up and I don’t call. You as my customer would be upset. Id rather have Stern come and say, “we will announce our next pin in October.” Then not say anything at all. I was just taught a man is only as good as his word.

Here's the thing. I'm guessing the plan WAS for Stern to announce a title this month. But with everything going on, who knows? Shit happens. Heck, they might all be scrambling literally at this very moment to announce the title either today or tomorrow, but why would they announce a delay if they weren't sure they couldn't hit the end of August?

I work on records for a living, and a lot of the time, shit comes down to the wire, be it with writing, recording, videos, mixing, mastering, etc. There are a ton of moving parts, and you absolutely need to hit release windows for many reasons, like touring, making sure the label isn't competing with it's own releases, the industry shutting down around christmas, etc. but sometimes, shit just happens, and you need to delay.

No offense, but I don't think your business has nearly as many moving parts as the music industry or Stern, so don't flatter yourself and pretend you know what it's like to roll out a product that relies on a bunch of different teams, licensing, and promotion.

#31612 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

I think that’s the point of this thread judging by the OP. People would like the next machine to be Pokémon it would seem, which fits into this thread perfectly imo.
[quoted image]

ETA: definitely hope it isn’t Bieber haha

#31613 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Not even remotely the same. You have an appointment for some business need, Stern, who makes games put out a flyer. I bet they imply "Subject to change".

Also, Stern the company is not a man.

#31614 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Just adding to your enjoyment of the thread.

pikachu (resized).jpgpikachu (resized).jpg
#31615 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Here's the thing. I'm guessing the plan WAS for Stern to announce a title this month. But with everything going on, who knows? Shit happens. Heck, they might all be scrambling literally at this very moment to announce the title either today or tomorrow, but why would they announce a delay if they weren't sure they couldn't hit the end of August?
I work on records for a living, and a lot of the time, shit comes down to the wire, be it with writing, recording, videos, mixing, mastering, etc. There are a ton of moving parts, and you absolutely need to hit release windows for many reasons, like touring, making sure the label isn't competing with it's own releases, the industry shutting down around christmas, etc. but sometimes, shit just happens, and you need to delay.
No offense, but I don't think your business has nearly as many moving parts as the music industry or Stern, so don't flatter yourself and pretend you know what it's like to roll out a product that relies on a bunch of different teams, licensing, and promotion.

I don’t own a business. I do know what it takes to roll things out. I work for a company that completely dwarfs Stern. You hit your deadline. You don’t upset the share holders and customers

#31616 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I don’t own a business. I do know what it takes to roll things out.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31617 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

You're throwing a tantrum over an announcement. Missing a* scheduled appointment to show up at someone's home is vastly different than having a delay in an announcement. False equivalence.

Quoted from Rizmo:

Not dramatic. Just my opinion sorry I have morals and ethics unlike yourself. One has to stand by their word. They don’t want to they lose all credibility

That's cute.

#31618 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

You're throwing a tantrum over an announcement. Missing an scheduled appointment to show up at someone's home is vastly different than having a delay in an announcement. False equivalence.

That's cute.

Imagine if he asked for 4 ketchup packets and only got 3.

#31619 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I don’t own a business. I do know what it takes to roll things out. I work for a company that completely dwarfs Stern. You hit your deadline. You don’t upset the share holders and customers

Apples to pinballs.

#31620 1 year ago

I will not be "upset" if Stern delays announcement. With that said, they should absolutely release a statement with an update on when they do plan to announce. Anything less is complete disregard for their customer base.

#31621 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:I will not be "upset" if Stern delays announcement. With that said, they should absolutely release a statement with an update on when they do plan to announce. Anything less is complete disregard for their customer base.

That’s exactly my entire point. It’s a shame people can’t comprehend that.

#31622 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Just adding to your enjoyment of the thread.
[quoted image]

It's all good dogg. We know what your dream pin is.

MyLittlePony.0 (resized).jpgMyLittlePony.0 (resized).jpg
#31623 1 year ago

what i see here...is a thread full of marks you're doing exactly what stern wants by eating your own hype. they do more by doing nothing.

#31624 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

When I read your first comment, I got "leave Brittany alone" vibes. That might be why.
brittnee (resized).jpgbrittnee (resized).jpg

#31625 1 year ago

They dont need to do anything at all. If things come up and they cant get games made, they will announce when it works for them, not you.

#31626 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

We get your point but you're making a mountain out of a molehill it's a pinball machine not a big deal.

#31627 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:I don’t own a business... I work for a company...

so... you don't run a business. You just have a job. Congrats. we all have jobs, too.

There is no August "deadline". Months ago they said that they would release a pinball game in August. They don't owe an internet forum further updates on that. They are not mismanaging their business by not releasing a pinball machine this month, as far as any of us would know. They sell every game they can make before they make it (to a distributor.. and in most cases even the distributor has sold it before it is made).

You guys seem so foolish suggesting that you know how to run their business better than they do. Really, you just are obsessed with pinball and don't have much better to do so you sit on this forum and spam refresh and get mad when there's no new pinball machine to argue about yet. I mean the rest of us do that too, but most of us don't pretend that our disappointment has to do with the way they are operating their business.

#31628 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

I will not be "upset" if Stern delays announcement. With that said, they should absolutely release a statement with an update on when they do plan to announce. Anything less is complete disregard for their customer base.

Its really not though. All the people that have games on order want Stern to crank them out, which they are. They are making those people happy. Should their focus be on backorders or a new game? Who cares if they don't announce when they planned it 5 months ago. They don't owe you anything unless you've paid for a game. They know they are building the

anticipation-rocky-horror.gifanticipation-rocky-horror.gif
#31629 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

what i see here...is a thread full of marks you're doing exactly what stern wants by eating your own hype. they do more by doing nothing.

Ohhhh using cool pro wrestling carny talk super edgey. You must be "IN the Business". Theres nothing markyer than a non wrestler using wrestler lingo.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#31630 1 year ago

no, im in (mark)eting

#31631 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Ohhhh using cool pro wrestling carny talk super edgey. You must be "IN the Business". Theres nothing markyer than a non wrestler using wrestler lingo.
[quoted image]

The trolling is strong this morning. No pokemon and no wrestling. Anything else we can't do?

#31632 1 year ago
announcement (resized).jpgannouncement (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31633 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Theres nothing markyer than a non wrestler using wrestler lingo

Oh yeah?

FB6D152F-E0F0-424A-8DAE-209301F9B9DD (resized).jpegFB6D152F-E0F0-424A-8DAE-209301F9B9DD (resized).jpeg
#31634 1 year ago

"The factory production line is fully booked until January 2023. Mark my words - August means September 2022 Just before Expo."

This was sent to me on 2/24/22 by my friend with some inside knowledge. Man I was hoping he was wrong...

#31635 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

[quoted image]

To be fair, this whole thread could degenerate into a real outlaw mudshow if there is no announcement today…

#31636 1 year ago

Ok this is getting out of hand.

#31637 1 year ago

Lots of Karens and Kyles in here this is fun!

I don't come in this thread looking for info, I am looking for laughs on who is taking it way too seriously!

#31638 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

It's all good dogg. We know what your dream pin is.
[quoted image]

Haha, I'd have no shame flipping a My Little Pony pin, if the geometry was great and the rules were interesting.

Unlike some fragile men here, my masculinity isn't defined nor threatened by the toys I play with

#31639 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

To be fair, this whole thread could degenerate into a real outlaw mudshow if there is no announcement today…

People could DIE!

#31640 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Imagine how much lower we could sink!

#31641 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Dick Murdoch is rolling over in his grave right now with all this carny talk.

BA381DCD-0652-4CED-8AB6-4FA72510FE5E (resized).jpegBA381DCD-0652-4CED-8AB6-4FA72510FE5E (resized).jpeg
#31642 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

if Stern doesn’t release information today about their next cornerstone today (which they themselves said August). I will never believe another word they say.

The lesson Stern will take from this is going back to telling the nail-biters jack shit. New game drops when it drops.

#31643 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Haha, I'd have no shame flipping a My Little Pony pin, if the geometry was great and the rules were interesting.
Unlike some fragile men here, my masculinity isn't defined nor threatened by the toys I play with

Good for you man. I found some of your shit.

#31644 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Good for you man. I found some of your shit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you increase your image sizes? Can't see them very well...

#31645 1 year ago

Sounds like jpd632 woke up on the wrong side of the mat this morning. Get it, mat? Like in wrestling.

#31646 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

[quoted image]

Wow, I have not been to page one in years. The number #2 post ever was Justin Bieber.
Is there still hope?

#31647 1 year ago

I heard from this guy that heard from this other guy that heard from a podcast that there was going to be an announcement but no one ever announced a official announcement so it must be today base on a scheduled posted 9 months ago but its not happening, so it's confirmed no announcement today.

#31648 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow, I have not been to page one in years. The number #2 post ever was Justin Bieber.
Is there still hope?

I sure hope not haha

#31649 1 year ago

stern execs reading this thread

#31650 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yes, this is asked every 2 pages of this thread. They released a statement on 2/23/2022 saying that there would only be 2 cornerstones this year, Rush and one in August. If you want to know what a cornerstone is, search this thread.

Thx for your kind reply, now I don't have to search

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 633 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/633 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.