20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 630 of 942.
#31451 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How many 30-60 year old's are going to buy a Pokemon machine? ...Wait DONT answer that, I don't want to know.

Pokemon started in the late 90's, so people that are now 30ish were the original demo. Also, Pokemon never left the mainstream. It would be a HUGE game if ever made.

#31452 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Pokemon started in the late 90's, so people that are now 30ish were the original demo. And Pokemon never left the mainstream. It would be a HUGE game if ever made.

I suppose so, I mean I get the nostalgia factor them.

#31453 1 year ago

The fact that pokemon is a huge theme and franchise doesn't mean they will sell more pinball machine in the end. Look what happen with WWE, they are huge and have massive fan audience but the theme did not sell to pinball buyers.

#31454 1 year ago

Alien landing soon at my house but if stern puts out a sean Connery thunderball I'd have to sell a kidney or something to get.

This is what I've had over my main TV for 6 years.

Also have had the lunchbox for 20 years

20220828_204306 (resized).jpg20220828_204306 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#31455 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The fact that pokemon is a huge theme and franchise doesn't mean they will sell more pinball machine in the end. Look what happen with WWE, they are huge and have massive fan audience but the theme did not sell to pinball buyers.

Exactly, while Pokemon may be very popular, there is a HUGE difference between millions of people downloading and playing Pokemon Go versus dropping $7k plus on a pinball machine.

Someone said it before but if pinside posters ran Stern and chose IPs, the place would be bankrupt in less than a year.

#31456 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How many 30-60 year old's are going to buy a Pokemon machine? ...Wait DONT answer that, I don't want to know.

about 60% lol

#31457 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Look how many people are buying TS4 just for their kids even though they know it's a shit pin. I'm sure pokemon would make a shit ton of money for operators though

#31458 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:Exactly, while Pokemon may be very popular, there is a HUGE difference between millions of people downloading and playing Pokemon Go versus dropping $7k plus on a pinball machine.
Someone said it before but if pinside posters ran Stern and chose IPs, the place would be bankrupt in less than a year.

What license isn’t like that? Music, movies, comics, etc. have millions spending <$20 at a time. Pokémon is a huge global IP, has had 30+ years of staying power with a demographic coming into money. I don’t see it as any different than other themes we’ve seen succeed as a pin.

#31459 1 year ago

Me and my two kids would be first in line for a Pokemon machine. Plenty of interest there as others have said, especially as it's a collector dominated fan base.

#31460 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Look how many people are buying TS4 just for their kids even though they know it's a shit pin. I'm sure pokemon would make a shit ton of money for operators though

True

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31461 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched ‘Dr No’ the first Bond movie (1962).
It was ok, but not enough to hang a whole game on. There was a lot of walking around and the fight sequences are very minor (compared to today’s movie) like one karate chop to the neck.
Hopefully they’ll have several movies represented in the game.

Dr. No Bond pinball machine

#31462 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong!

#31463 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where are you getting your data from?

#31464 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Where are you getting your data from?

No data just talking out of the side of his neck.

#31465 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Know what’s a great indicator of someone not understanding how huge Pokémon is? Comparing it to WWE.

WWE, across all revenue streams, like tshirts, streaming, live events, toys, video games, etc. made around $940 million in 2021.

Pokémon Go made 1.21 billion.

That’s JUST Pokémon Go.

#31466 1 year ago

haha that playfield is mostly the visual pin populated template.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Or I could just grab a screenshot to start rumors.
[quoted image]

#31467 1 year ago

Beatles was a Seawitch reskin with a NGG disk

Quoted from Rizmo:Beatles was a big pin available to the masses but also worked with Kapow. I think it kind of counts. Still need to find a place to play it. He did have DP that is my first pin it will never leave.

#31468 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Dr. No Bond pinball machine

No chance. There isn't even an Aston Martin in Dr. No. I'm hoping the pinball covers multiple movies and Bond actors, but if I was going to pick one movie it would probably be Goldfinger.

#31469 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

No chance. There isn't even an Aston Martin in Dr. No. I'm hoping the pinball covers multiple movies and Bond actors, but if I was going to pick one movie it would probably be Goldfinger.

I’ll say it again. Dr……,,,,,,No Bond pinball machine.

#31470 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Know what’s a great indicator of someone not understanding how huge Pokémon is? Comparing it to WWE.
WWE, across all revenue streams, like tshirts, streaming, live events, toys, video games, etc. made around $940 million in 2021.
Pokémon Go made 1.21 billion.
That’s JUST Pokémon Go.

Again, it may be huge, but that doesn't translate in a great selling pinball machine. And those Pokemon numbers I'm sure are worldwide, which a big chunk is from Japan. How many pinball machines get exported to Japan? Very few.

#31471 1 year ago

Alright, everyone is talking about the same 3/4 titles. But thats too easy, gotta give them more credit then that. But we can extrapolate, titles mentioned have been 80s/90s animated nostalgia themes (venom, he-man). Talks about espionage and fighting villinous gang or cults or government bodies with a female interest/side-kick (bond). Been talks about the terrors of the deep and unforgiving ocean (jaws). Talks about a youth with a wizened teacher and fantastical circumstances (bttf). YALL WE HAVE THE TITLE Which HITS EVERY CHECK BOX UNDER OUR NOSES!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#31472 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Again, it may be huge, but that doesn't translate in a great selling pinball machine. And those Pokemon numbers I'm sure are worldwide, which a big chunk is from Japan. How many pinball machines get exported to Japan? Very few.

That would be a great market to tap into. Maybe even have Japan make some crazy pinball machines. They do crazy work with pachinko machines.

#31473 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

That would be a great market to tap into. Maybe even have Japan make some crazy pinball machines. They do crazy work with pachinko machines.

There's no space.

#31474 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm 62, no Pokémon here

#31475 1 year ago

I feel like Venom will be just Deadpool 2. It’s going to have to be something special to tempt me - not just another nice art package with battle modes.

#31476 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I feel like Venom will be just Deadpool 2. It’s going to have to be something special to tempt me - not just another nice art package with battle modes.

A lot was cut from Deadpool due to time constraints so I wouldn’t mind seeing a Deadpool 2.0 of sorts with a full development cycle behind it.

#31477 1 year ago

I think the one IP that makes sense right now is Masters of the Universe; the series has 2 separate shows aimed at 2 different demographics. Not that I wouldn't love seeing many of the pins you guys have expressed a desire for...but man, Venom just doesn't make any sense to me at all at the moment.

#31478 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

No data just talking out of the side of his neck.

From pinside there have been some buyers who said they don't like the machine, but they bought it for their kids, so there you go. Sugar has no idea what he is talking about.

#31479 1 year ago

If you don’t think every single operator in the country would buy a Pokémon you are severely and desperately out of touch.

#31480 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm 62, no Pokémon here

I’m 34 and would buy Pokémon in a heartbeat. My 8 year old’s class all trade Pokémon cards at school. It would be an instant buy

#31481 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

From pinside there have been some buyers who said they don't like the machine, but they bought it for their kids, so there you go. Sugar has no idea what he is talking about.

You said look how many! So how many people do you know that bought a ts4 for their kids because the parents didn’t like the ts4? I’m sure it’s not even close to the majority of owners. And yes I have no idea what I am talking about and neither do you LOL

#31482 1 year ago

As a 38 year old, I'd be all in on that. Should be a blast to play. Tons of things you can do with the theme, should have lots of toys, etc.

Quoted from ExSquid:

#31483 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The fact that pokemon is a huge theme and franchise doesn't mean they will sel more pinball machine in the end. Look what happen with WWE, they are huge and have massive fan audience but the theme did not sell to pinball buyers.

Yeah but WWE is not a possession based “Gotta catch em all!” type theme. Pokémon has an already existing ruleset that would seamlessly translate over to a pinball machine. Many collectors already drop hundreds or even thousands on a single card. Buying a game device that accurately represents their passion would be more common than you think.

#31484 1 year ago

Running short on days in August …is the game happening this week or get pushed back?

#31485 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Running short on days in August …is the game happening this week or get pushed back?

My guess is they will release it Tuesday sometime. They said August earlier in the year. No word on pushing it back

#31486 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

My guess is they will release it Tuesday sometime. They said August earlier in the year. No word on pushing it back

Ep 111 of Zachs podcast just dropped and he’s not feeling good about an announcement this week

I think the conversation starts around 35 min or so

#31487 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Ep 111 of Zachs podcast just dropped and he’s not feeling good about an announcement this week

down.gifdown.gif
#31488 1 year ago

The next Stern Pin will be formally announced: Tuesday, 30 September, at 1000 Eastern Standard Time. That is an educated guess based off of past releases with no inside information.

T-20 hours until the next Stern Pin drops!

*no inside into here and purely speculative guess.

#31489 1 year ago

What about Gremlins as the next Stern pin?

D479597A-6B5A-4732-B438-8518C4ED98B2 (resized).pngD479597A-6B5A-4732-B438-8518C4ED98B2 (resized).png
#31490 1 year ago

T-20 hours until the next Stern Pin drops!
*no inside into here and purely speculative guess.

No brainer - Bond it is!

#31491 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

He is usually pretty accurate

#31492 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched ‘Dr No’ the first Bond movie (1962). the fight sequences are very minor (compared to today’s movie) like one karate chop to the neck.

77C8FB67-9F32-4471-9317-30DC98553193.gif77C8FB67-9F32-4471-9317-30DC98553193.gif
#31493 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Idk why Stern would say August. Then wait till the 31st to say nope not happening. Why would they hide it?

#31494 1 year ago

Once again... No teaser last Friday means no announcement this Tuesday. The reveal is at least 8 days away. Have a martini, shaken not stirred, and come back Friday to see if there is a teaser yet.

#31495 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

WWE is 1 grain of sand on a Pokemon beach. (but I missed Pokemon by a few years; not interested)

#31496 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

And penny is money so it must be Bond next. Ms Moneypenny.
Venom is really the code name for Bond.

If I would have to choose between Venom and Bond I would get a on a bigger boat and took the "I'll-wait-for-JAWS" card.
That just needs to happen. Too many x gen and boomers waiting for this title. With money in their pockets.

#31497 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

What's the name of his podcast? Where can I find it?

#31498 1 year ago

I would buy Five of them and put them all on route and then retire.

Quoted from ExSquid:

#31499 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Idk why Stern would say August. Then wait till the 31st to say nope not happening. Why would they hide it?

I'm out of the loop, but when/where did they say August?

#31500 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Once again... No teaser last Friday means no announcement this Tuesday. The reveal is at least 8 days away. Have a martini, shaken not stirred, and come back Friday to see if there is a teaser yet.

I would be very surprised if nothing happened in the next 2 days. They've had 6 months to plan this out. Also, an announcement doesn't mean they have to ship the new game this week or anytime soon. They can still announce the title without committing to a particular date/timeframe to get games to customers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 10.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 630 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/630?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.