20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 942.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

2020 would be too optimistic.

Plenty of time to make it work!

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Plenty of time to make it work!

Only at Stern.

#3003 5 years ago

Still see a LOTR V....

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Still see a LOTR V....

We got tired of waiting for that so we bought an original. Same for TSPP, I am not so sure that will get remade either so we will keep patiently looking.

I think the only way a LOTR is going to happen is if it is a new game, spike 2.

#3005 5 years ago

Any chance the next game will have a real Cabinet ? Lockdown bar ? Quality boards ?

#3006 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm still hoping to see
-Queen
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
-Batman animated series (not Batman '66 reskin)
-original space theme
I don't expect to see Batman anytime soon

Time Bandits to go with the reboot could have real possibilities.

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any chance the next game will have a real Cabinet ? Lockdown bar ? Quality boards ?

See JJP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3008 5 years ago

JJP...
Also see, slower gameplay, delays, unreliable mechs, delays, exorbitant pricing, delays, partial licencing, delays, poor business decisions and delays.
Stern cans might not be made as sturdy but they pump out 4 titles per year, not 1 every 4yrs.
Also, my buddy's Pirates broke down the first week and arrived with a broken lockdown button. I'm so sick of the JJP whoring. This is a Stern page. If you hate Stern so much, piss off.

#3009 5 years ago

But yeah, $11,500 for a toned down WOZ in school bus colors seems like a way better idea than a $6,000 Black Knight.

#3010 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

JJP...
Also see, slower gameplay, delays, unreliable mechs, delays, exorbitant pricing, delays, partial licencing, delays, poor business decisions and delays.
Stern cans might not be made as sturdy but they pump out 4 titles per year, not 1 every 4yrs.
Also, my buddy's Pirates broke down the first week and arrived with a broken lockdown button. I'm so sick of the JJP whoring. This is a Stern page. If you hate Stern so much, piss off.

Amen!

#3011 5 years ago

Will Wonka be a bust?

#3012 5 years ago

Going to need a new Avatar pin. Movie s2-5 are filmed set to release soon.

#3013 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

JJP...

Yikes, why take it so personally? Stern has been around a long time and mass produces, results are as expected. JJP is a small business that has been around less than 10 years, results are as expected. Of course a small newcomer trying to segway into a high-cost, low-demand (speaking to pinball compared to society as a whole) market simply because they love the art, is going to have the exact type of struggles you describe.

Holding signs of mass manufacturing against Stern is stupid, and holding signs of a newcomer struggling to find its place is stupid. There's room in this world to not have to treat Stern and JJP as mutually exclusive brands that must be chosen between. Ugh.

"Whoring" and "money grab" talk in regards to business always irks me. People talk about businesses as-if succeeding financially isn't their #1 goal... They aren't in business to personally provide you with the absolute minimum cost for the maximal quality, they are in business to sustain themselves personally and professionally. What if what JJP isn't saying is that they are less than a year from going under if they don't raise some money via interest in a re-branded WoZ machine? What if it was between them having to do that in the hopes to stay alive and bring something like Wonka or whatever greatness they are likely to bring in the future, or simply folding? Would that change your judgement?

Black, White! Us, Them! Republican, Democrat! Nintendo, Sega! -- Stern, JJP! -- it's tiring.

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yikes, why take it so personally? Stern has been around a long time and mass produces, results are as expected. JJP is a small business that has been around less than 10 years, results are as expected. Of course a small newcomer trying to segway into a high-cost, low-demand (speaking to pinball compared to society as a whole) market simply because they love the art, is going to have the exact type of struggles you describe.
Holding signs of mass manufacturing against Stern is stupid, and holding signs of a newcomer struggling to find its place is stupid. There's room in this world to not have to treat Stern and JJP as mutually exclusive brands that must be chosen between. Ugh.
"Whoring" and "money grab" talk in regards to business always irks me. People talk about businesses as-if succeeding financially isn't their #1 goal... They aren't in business to personally provide you with the absolute minimum cost for the maximal quality, they are in business to sustain themselves personally and professionally. What if what JJP isn't saying is that they are less than a year from going under if they don't raise some money via interest in a re-branded WoZ machine? What if it was between them having to do that in the hopes to stay alive and bring something like Wonka or whatever greatness they are likely to bring in the future, or simply folding? Would that change your judgement?
Black, White! Us, Them! Republican, Democrat! Nintendo, Sega! -- Stern, JJP! -- it's tiring.

You have completely missed the point. Jjp also makes some entertaining innovations but this page is called the next Stern pin and half the thread ends up being "why jjp is so much better than stern". That's the whoring. Jjp threads I've been on dont get bombarded by Stern fan boys. Stop being Captain buzzkill and let people be excited for upcoming Syern titles without feeling like you have to jump in to tell us everything Stern is doing wrong and why your money wasnt wasted on your jjp games. You enjoy them. That's great. Tell the world. Just not here.

#3015 5 years ago

Also, Maiden...game of the year

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Black or white? Come on, man. Really?
Um, us, always us lol
I'm Canadian, I have more options.
I have Nes, Sega, Atari and Vectrex but really I'd say I'm a Gameboy fan more than anything, so Nintendo i guess
Stern (currently the most fun for my money)
Tired? Try a Stern

#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, Maiden...game of the year

Stern sells more games, and has more customers, as they have been around forever and have the ability to do so. So when a stern game wins the popularity contest vote, that really isn't an achievement...

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You have completely missed the point. Jjp also makes some entertaining innovations but this page is called the next Stern pin and half the thread ends up being "why jjp is so much better than stern". That's the whoring. Jjp threads I've been on dont get bombarded by Stern fan boys. Stop being Captain buzzkill and let people be excited for upcoming Syern titles without feeling like you have to jump in to tell us everything Stern is doing wrong and why your money wasnt wasted on your jjp games. You enjoy them. That's great. Tell the world. Just not here.

I was going to post here that being an unbiased owner of several manufacturers games, including IMDN and JJPOTC, that to me, POTC is a better game in every way. Game play,features,quality....

But since this is your Stern thread, I won't do that.

#3020 5 years ago

JJP's Pirates is terrible....just terrible.

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Stern sells more games, and has more customers, as they have been around forever and have the ability to do so. So when a stern game wins the popularity contest vote, that really isn't an achievement...

Especially when that pin was substantially designed before Stern bought it. That's why it feels so different - it's essentially not a Stern carbon copy factory pin.

#3022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Especially when that pin was substantially designed before Stern bought it. That's why it feels so different - it's essentially not a Stern carbon copy factory pin.

Oh my gosh, this doenst even make sense.

So first (f3honda4me) is:
Stern is the biggest Player so it's no accomplishment for them to win...
...wich means they really must have sucked the year before beause Dialed In! won all the TWIPYs.

Second:
This year they haven't sucked and won, wich doesn't mean a thing because they allways win anyway (see above), because they're the biggest Player. And even if Maiden did not suck as hard as usual it's not thanks to Stern themselfes.

So no matter what they do they will never have earned it and suck.

Does this sum it up? XD

Couldn't the both TWIPYs just PROOVE that an underdog can still win (because people love underdogs) and with it the better game?!
(And yes of course there has to be at least some Distribution of the game, not like Alice Cooper last year wich therefore got completely overrun in the TWIPYs.)

#3023 5 years ago

OMFG , coming to this Topic i was pretty sure to ear about The Next Stern .
Little do i know lollllll

#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh my gosh, this doenst even make sense.
So first (f3honda4me) is:
Stern is the biggest Player so it's no accomplishment for them to win...
...wich means they really must have sucked the year before beause Dialed In! won all the TWIPYs.
Second:
This year they haven't sucked and won, wich doesn't mean a thing because they allways win anyway (see above), because they're the biggest Player. And even if Maiden did not suck as hard as usual it's not thanks to Stern themselfes.
So no matter what they do they will never have earned it and suck.
Does this sum it up? XD
Couldn't the both TWIPYs just PROOVE that an underdog can still win (because people love underdogs) and with it the better game?!
(And yes of course there has to be at least some Distribution of the game, not like Alice Cooper last year wich therefore got completely overrun in the TWIPYs.)

I must have missed where I said stern sucks? Oh - because I didn't. I like stern, even own and owned a few of their games, and will continue to buy their games.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I must have missed where I said stern sucks? Oh - because I didn't. I like stern, even own and owned a few of their games, and will continue to buy their games.

That's what you intended to say.
Trust me!

Edit:
And I didn't wrote that you said they suck.
I just deducted that from what you said...

#3026 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

"Newcomer" no longer a valid excuse for JJP issues. They are not on pin 1-2. They are working on pin 5.

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's what you intended to say.
Trust me!
Edit:
And I didn't wrote that you said they suck.
I just deducted that from what you said...

If it came out that way it certainly wasn't intended. I like stern.

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Going to need a new Avatar pin. Movie s2-5 are filmed set to release soon.

Avatar is really a beautiful game. My only issue is really the code. if progress did not get erased with every ball, it would be so much more catchy.

#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Avatar is really a beautiful game. My only issue is really the code. if progress did not get erased with every ball, it would be so much more catchy.

I have been hoping as we get closer to the next movie being released, we might see a new Avatar pinball. It is a great theme for me and is high on my list to own one day!

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have been hoping as we get closer to the next movie being released, we might see a new Avatar pinball. It is a great theme for me and is high on my list to own one day!

That movie sucked no need for more pain in a pin, just like all the superhero madness movies of special effects and boring plots.

#3031 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

That movie sucked no need for more pain in a pin, just like all the superhero madness movies of special effects and boring plots.

Really? So why did it win so many awards and had one of the biggest box office sales of all time ?

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Really? So why did it win so many awards and had one of the biggest box office sales of all time ?

Best use of theatre 3D, right place, right time. I doubt the sequels hit that same level. It's been too long.

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

The problem with Avatar is that it is a re-skin of “Dances with Wolves”. They both won awards based on the same story. I am very interested on how the sequels are going to expand on the story.

#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

The problem with Avatar is that it is a re-skin of “Dances with Wolves”. They both won awards based on the same story. I am very interested on how the sequels are going to expand on the story.

Having seen it again recently, Dances with Wolves is a WAY better movie.

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Awards shows are like the rock n roll hall of fame, meaningless. I am not a fan of special effects only movies or superheroes with same story played out over and over again. Hope the pins of this timeless boring movies are still fun but could care less about hardly any pointless Hollywood over paid and worthless acting movies. As far Avatar nothing special but pretty colors.

#3036 5 years ago

Cameron acknowledged the story has been used before. However, now that the everything has been established, he says the sequels are free to get crazy and be very unique.

Only a fool bets against Cameron. Nobody saw Titanic or Avatar becoming the highest grossing pic in their respective era.

And as for it being too long since his last movie....that's part of Cameron's mystic.

#3037 5 years ago

I’m not expecting a repeat $2B for the sequels but they should land comfortably in the $1B ++ if they are not garbage which I don’t think they will be. For Christ sake the PotC and Hobbit movies break $1B nowadays.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Only a fool bets against Cameron.

Three words. Alita:Battle Angel.

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not directed by James Cameron.

#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No clue what that is the answer to but I take it!

At least the Manga/ Anime Version.
The new Movie was great as well but that dystopian cyberpunk city was way too clean and friendly.

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not directed by James Cameron.

His name's all over it, and he has the lead writing credit (which is really more like an adaptation credit), which is enough to indict him. It's clearly his baby, and it sucks.

#3043 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

His name's all over it, and he has the lead writing credit (which is really more like an adaptation credit), which is enough to indict him. It's clearly his baby, and it sucks.

It's not a "James Cameron" directed film, period.

If it was, it would never have been released in February. Coming 10 years after Avatar, it would have marketed as an event film, and given a cushy Christmas or summer release.

I haven't seen the film, but I'm sure it would have been better if he directed it.

So, yeah, bad counter-argument on your part.

Again, to sum up, only fools bet against James Cameron directed films. I am gladly accepting bets on the performance of Avatar 2.

#3044 5 years ago

I'm very disappointed in Black Knight gameplay. Doesnt look like my kind of game.
So......what's next? Lol
Brian Eddy's game? (Jurassic World?)
A Vault?
Elvira?
The next speculation begins.
Still praying for
-Queen (with a unique theme/not just pics of the band etc.)
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure(s)
-Tron LCD based on original movie (never happening)
-Batman the Animated Series

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm very disappointed in Black Knight gameplay. Doesnt look like my kind of game.
So......what's next? Lol
A Vault?
Elvira?
Still praying for
-Back to the Future

Way to early the Black Knight baby was just born.

#3046 5 years ago

Ok, long enough. What’s next?

#3047 5 years ago

I take back wanting then to do Batman TAS.
If they do that itll cost me double because I'll have to get Batman '66 as well. I'd already have bought one on theme alone if they had made pro models

#3048 5 years ago

Halloween, Friday 13th, Texas chainsaw massacre, Evil Dead, Resident Evil, Child's Play, Pet Sematary, Jeepers Creepers, IT, Clockwork orange, The shining, Exorcist, Slayer, Megadeth, Sabbath, Hendrix, any of these please i think we are shallow in horror so a new horror pin for me.
Oh and a UFC pin

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Halloween, Friday 13th, Texas chainsaw massacre, Evil Dead, Resident Evil, Child's Play, Pet Sematary, Jeepers Creepers, IT, Clockwork orange, The shining, Exorcist, Slayer, Megadeth, Sabbath, Hendrix, any of these please i think we are shallow in horror so a new horror pin for me.
Oh and a UFC pin

I used to assume it was because you cant put them (horror themed pins) in as many places (kid friendly) but Walking Dead did well so I'm not sure why they dont do it. I dont personally like horror flicks but I understand that the market is there. There are way more horror fans out there than there are Munsters fans for example. I still like metal and superheroes so I'm good

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So......what's next? Lol
A Vault?
Elvira?
Still praying for
-Back to the Future

What game play vid did you watch?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

15,000 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,999 (Firm)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.