IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 940.
#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually yes (just got a new engine last summer)...
[quoted image]
...as anyone does who want's to listen to his TNA Music Cassette in style.
But that's beside the point. I don't care how it is made, it's just the mechs in the late 90's were way more innovative.
Like, I'm completely falling in love with the new Black Knight, but the Medival Madness mechs are still way more intricate.
Edit:
Are the games nowadays "better"'? - Depends on what you're looking for.
I miss the intricate mechs more then I prefer the deep code on modern machines.
The code can keep you playing for a long time to come but the new toys are what hooks my initial interrest and make me smile...
...just as I prefer my car to be somewhat angular and purple.

I like your purple car. Custom paint, is it? Do you know Volkswagen's old slogan? Fahr figneugen? (Yeah, I butched that. Sorry.)

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I like your purple car. Custom paint, is it? Do you know Volkswagen's old slogan? Fahr figneugen? (Yeah, I butched that. Sorry.)

Original color, still first paint.

"Fahrvergnügen" wich means "Driving pleasure".

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking this Lost World
This would be a nice pin too. a nice Honor to Paul Faris[quoted image]

I do like having a few games on this classic pin every time I get a chance.

#2954 5 years ago

Next Stern is Ripleys believe it or nit as seen on Sterns FB Page in the Background of the new Black Knight.

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:Next Stern is Ripleys believe it or nit as seen on Sterns FB Page in the Background of the new Black Knight.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speculation-is-stern-vaulting-ripley-s-photographic-suppor

Debunked.

#2957 5 years ago

Can anyone ID this game with the black side armor and red lettering?

41C2A370-3E23-4D83-9BE1-7285F5EED5BE.jpeg41C2A370-3E23-4D83-9BE1-7285F5EED5BE.jpeg
#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

[quoted image]

Looks like game of thrones LE?
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

[quoted image]

Looks like

84642525-89B9-4DF0-B35E-1B29C3A2F534 (resized).jpeg84642525-89B9-4DF0-B35E-1B29C3A2F534 (resized).jpeg
#2960 5 years ago
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.17.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.17.55 PM (resized).png
#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

[quoted image]

This would be a good one.

#2962 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

[quoted image]

Am I the only one that wishes it was Super Man II?

Come to me, son of Jor-El! Kneel before Zod!

terrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpgterrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpg
#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Am I the only one that wishes it was Super Man II?
Come to me, son of Jor-El! Kneel before Zod![quoted image]

Well they basically filmed 1 and 2 at the same time. It's
Got to have zod and lex for sure. Hoping this is next since
JAWS rumor lost steam. Been saving up.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Well they basically filmed 1 and 2 at the same time. It's
Got to have zod and lex for sure. Hoping this is next since
JAWS rumor lost steam. Been saving up.

Oh cool! Funny thing is I have never even seen the first one, just 2. I grew up on that movie and liked it so much I didn't see a point in watching the others. I probably should watch the first one.

#2965 5 years ago

II would have been so much better if Richard Donner hasn’t been fired. Even his Director’s Cut is only a partial glance of what could have been.

#2966 5 years ago

Keep hearing rumblings of a LOTR Vault...I don’t see it, but you never know.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Keep hearing rumblings of a LOTR Vault...I don’t see it, but you never know.

Gomez needs the love again after almost two decades of meh as a designer, and Stern smells the pile of money that is stacked up waiting to be unleashed once people see a color high-res Spike LotR with native shaker support and lose their minds.

People that own the original will be in line, new pinheads will be in line, old pinheads will be in line, Joe Balcer will be in line, Jack Jack Guarnieri will be in line, Trudeau will be on the prison digital commissary menu trying to find a way to preorder one - pretty much everyone will want one.

There's tremendous pent-up demand when even *okay* LotR LEs are going for $7000 and nice ones $8000-$10,000. A color Spike LotR with shaker motor support and higher res graphics would compete directly with the old LEs and kill their premium asking prices.

The hardest part about the whole deal is re-doing all the graphics in hi-res and adjusting the aspect ratio, but it's really no big deal if you look at what's there. As long as Stern doesn't cost-reduce by removing features, they'll sell a TON. It will easily be their best-selling Vault to date by a good margin.

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez needs the love again after almost two decades of meh as a designer, and Stern smells the pile of money that is stacked up waiting to be unleashed once people see a color high-res Spike LotR with native shaker support and lose their minds.
People that own the original will be in line, new pinheads will be in line, old pinheads will be in line, Joe Balcer will be in line, Jack Guarnier will be in line, Trudeau will be on the prison digital commissary menu trying to find a way to preorder one - pretty much everyone will want one.
There's tremendous pent-up demand when even *okay* LotR LEs are going for $7000 and nice ones $8000-$10,000. A color Spike LotR with shaker motor support and higher res graphics would compete directly with the old LEs and kill their premium asking prices.

That would be bad ass.

#2969 5 years ago

Yep LOTR (one of their all time best) would sell well.

#2970 5 years ago

Tron with LCD might be more attractive than LOTR at least for me.

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Tron with LCD might be more attractive than LOTR at least for me.

TRON VE would sell a fraction of what a Spike LotR vault would sell.

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You are probably correct. No matter what the vault is I do not see myself buying any unless there is some modern flare put into the pins lcd for one. ACDC LUCI was my last.

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You are probably correct. No matter what the vault is I do not see myself buying any unless there is some modern flare put into the pins lcd for one. ACDC LUCI was my last.

Well it WAS the last Vault released.

I wouldn't want them to redo the DMD (that would propably be to costly) but an upgrade to the art would be nice.
Since the new CMYK Print on the playfields is much better nowadays that alone would be great.

But as said before, info is that LotR and Tron are NOT the next Vaults.

GoT I hope...

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A properly upgraded Tron (ala Batman '66) would outsell any other vault.

#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

A properly upgraded Tron (ala Batman '66) would outsell any other vault.

I'd rather a LOTR upgraded...

#2976 5 years ago

What about this one?

BlackNight (resized).jpgBlackNight (resized).jpgBlackNight_2 (resized).jpgBlackNight_2 (resized).jpgBlackNight_PF (resized).jpgBlackNight_PF (resized).jpg
#2977 5 years ago

I could see GOT vault coming, considering the final season of GOT is here. You'd get probably a good chunk of buyers just because they are huge GOT fans, plus location play would probably see a lot of action too due to the final season.

#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I could see GOT vault coming, considering the final season of GOT is here. You'd get probably a good chunk of buyers just because they are huge GOT fans, plus location play would probably see a lot of action too due to the final season.

Not unless they updated the art, which aint going to happen. BKSOR is going to kill it and as a result I can see them going back and bringing other themes/past games to life.. Good times ahead! 80s/beatles rethemes are on the cards.

#2979 5 years ago

Looking forward to SPM 78'

Superman 78.jpgSuperman 78.jpg
#2980 5 years ago

Who is designing Elvira ?

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I talked with Dennis Norman at Spooky a number years ago and he nearly had the game done at that point. Someone at Stern could have finished Elvira sort of like when Borg finished for Lawlor on CSI...Dennis said it was packed with stuff!

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Noone. Since it's done.

(Grammar Police.)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2983 5 years ago

I'm still hoping to see
-Queen
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
-Batman animated series (not Batman '66 reskin)
-original space theme

I don't expect to see Batman anytime soon

#2984 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

What about this one?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the way you do it!

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm still hoping to see
-Queen
-Back to the Future
-Bill and Ted
-original space theme

Queen -> Pinball Bros

Original Space Theme -> Deeproot

Bill & Ted -> I'd love that one too, with an Elevator that lifts from the bottom and shoot/ lock balls in. Let Brian Eddy do this!

Back to the Future -> Plz not from Stern...

#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Queen -> Pinball Bros
Original Space Theme -> Deeproot
Bill & Ted -> I'd love that one too, with an Elevator that lifts from the bottom and shoot/ lock balls in. Let Brian Eddy do this!

I hope Stern makes them all because Stern Pros are my normal price cap and I dont trust several of the other smaller companies. I'd never even heard of Pinball brothers until now.
I especially want Queen to be Stern so it can sit with my other music pins and not trigger my ocd

#2987 5 years ago

Also, I think Gomez was working in a space pin for Stern but I'm not the biggest Gomez fan so I'd have warm up to the idea

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hope Stern makes them all because Stern Pros are my normal price cap and I dont trust several of the other smaller companies. I'd never even heard of Pinball brothers until now.
I especially want Queen to be Stern so it can sit with my other music pins and not trigger my ocd

Pinball Bros are the guys that financed (tried to at least) Heighway Pinball, wich has/ had the Queen license.

I've never bought something bigger as an Stern Pro as well but with a license like BTTF I want ist to be the full package and not something sparse like Star War...

#2989 5 years ago
4C2DBC8A-3019-482E-92DB-837BCAE55BE6 (resized).jpeg4C2DBC8A-3019-482E-92DB-837BCAE55BE6 (resized).jpeg
#2990 5 years ago

It's yesterdays looove,... *sing*

NEXT NEXT NEXT!!!

mqdefault (resized).jpgmqdefault (resized).jpg
#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pinball Bros are the guys that financed (tried to at least) Heighway Pinball, wich has/ had the Queen license.
I've never bought something bigger as an Stern Pro as well but with a license like BTTF I want ist to be the full package and not something sparse like Star War...

I feel like Stern has really stepped up their game lately so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt with BTTF. Star Wars was a misstep for sure (I believe the Star Wars franchise is is difficult to work with. It has very strict guidelines limiting creativity)

From my wishlist, Queen makes the most sense right now with the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.
Bill and Ted 3 is in production so that's a possibility but I dont want the pin to include the new one.
Also, not to be morbid but Christopher Lloyd isnt getting any younger if we want those Doc call outs.

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I feel like Stern has really stepped up their game lately so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt with BTTF. Star Wars was a misstep for sure (I believe the Star Wars franchise is is difficult to work with. It has very strict guidelines limiting creativity)
From my wishlist, Queen makes the most sense right now with the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.
Bill and Ted 3 is in production so that's a possibility but I dont want the pin to include the new one.
Also, not to be morbid but Christopher Lloyd isnt getting any younger if we want those Doc call outs.

Not saying that Stern does a bad job, all games play different "shades of great".
I'd just want a BTTF game to be really stuffed! (And that's just not the type of thing Stern does.)

#2993 5 years ago

I hope the earlier Jurassic world rumors end up being true one of those dream themes that is an instant buy for me unless it's a terrible game. I think it would be nice to have a new JP game to go along with the two older ones .

#2994 5 years ago

I was just thinking how I would rather have a Jurassic Park or just plain old Dinosaurs theme over Jurassic world (I think I would get sick of those movie tie ins very quickly)
Anyway, as soon as I thought this my brain went here.......
How high were the guys who pitched this show?

Screenshot_20190403-114436_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190403-114436_Google (resized).jpg
#2995 5 years ago

I still believe Jaws would be great.

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you want JJP to do it, better hope you have a Delorean to travel years into the future to retrieve it.

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If you want JJP to do it, better hope you have a Delorean to travel years into the future to retrieve it.

You never know. Back to the future would be great for 2020.

#2998 5 years ago

Would still love a Wonder Woman...

62fcbdaee6f3b838b34ac1c8192a46d5 (resized).jpg62fcbdaee6f3b838b34ac1c8192a46d5 (resized).jpg
#2999 5 years ago

Spoiler alert!!!

Munster Madness is fantastic. 4 flipper Multi multi ball .

#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You never know. Back to the future would be great for 2020.

2020 would be too optimistic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/60?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.