Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 938.
#2901 5 years ago

Okay, its been a few hours since the teaser, Whats The NEXT STERN PIN? lol.
I'm saying Bill and Ted.

#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I'm saying Bill and Ted.

Jurassic World

#2903 5 years ago

I'm saying Bill and Ted.

I may be going out on a limb here but I bet it ISN'T Jaws or TRON VE

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I may be going out on a limb here but I bet it ISN'T Jaws or TRON VE

GOT Vault. I always found it strange how a pin can be made while the series is still going on (I wish I had TWD with Negan)!... GOT wraps up soon. We will know who sits on the iron throne and have a completed storyline to build the pin around.
(I’m only talking out of my ass; I have no idea)!

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

GOT Vault. I always found it strange how a pin can be made while the series is still going on (I wish I had TWD with Negan)!... GOT wraps up soon. We will know who sits on the iron throne and have a completed storyline to build the pin around.
(I’m only talking out of my ass; I have no idea)!

I don't see it, the use machine value isn't high enough to make a vault work for GoT. I'd LOVE to have updated software to fix the significant bugs and update the storylines, but doubt it's happening.

#2906 5 years ago

#2907 5 years ago

Whats KME's next game thats the next question.

#2908 5 years ago

I liked the Motley Crue pinball
idea better..

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

idea better..

Same for me
Shout at the Devil Wizard mode !

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

idea better..

Has anyone watch this? Could be a good time for a crew pin..

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Has anyone watch this? Could be a good time for a crew pin..

Pretty much total crap. Plays like Jackass:Motley Crue edition with a bunch of vignettes from their career played out, but not connected with any kind of cohesion. Also, casting of Mick Mars is pretty much totally wrong. They keep calling him old man, but he's about the same age as the other guys. There's so much in the book, this should have been a mini-series with a better writer and director and with more clout to resist the band's effort to sanitize parts of their history (and the book) to remove things like the group rape that happened that Sixx now denies (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nikki-sixx-rape-story-motley-crue-memoir-the-dirt-803217/) . They're so pressed to pack stuff in that they completely skip the Tommy Lee Pamela Anderson years and only cover Heather Locklear superficially.

Read the book. It's better.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty much total crap. Plays like Jackass:Motley Crue edition with a bunch of vignettes from their career played out, but not connected with any kind of cohesion. Also, casting of Mick Mars is pretty much totally wrong. They keep calling him old man, but he's about the same age as the other guys. There's so much in the book, this should have been a mini-series with a better writer and director and with more clout to resist sanitizing history (and the book) to remove the group rape that happened that Sixx now denies (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nikki-sixx-rape-story-motley-crue-memoir-the-dirt-803217/) . They're so pressed to pack stuff in that they completely skip the Tommy Lee Pamela Anderson years and only cover Heather Locklear superficially.
Read the book. It's better.

Thanks for the update and bummer. I was hoping it would be ok. I am going to try and watch it tonight if I don’t fall asleep.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for the update and bummer. I was hoping it would be ok. I am going to try and watch it tonight if I don’t fall asleep.

There are a couple funny parts, but it needed a much better editor and better material from the writer/director for him to edit. The casting was pretty bad except for the Tommy Lee guy. When Machine Gun Kelly is getting destroyed by the 6 year-old actress that plays his daughter, then Machine Gun Kelly is a bad actor. The little girl destroys him in the scenes they share.

#2914 5 years ago
4834ac690baa3d34a849134e78078c62 (resized).jpg4834ac690baa3d34a849134e78078c62 (resized).jpg
#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are a couple funny parts, but it needed a much better editor and better material from the writer/director for him to edit. The casting was pretty bad except for the Tommy Lee guy. When Machine Gun Kelly is getting destroyed by the 6 year-old actress that plays his daughter, then Machine Gun Kelly is a bad actor. The little girl destroys him in the scenes they share.

And I am sure they glossed over the fact Vince Neil killed the drummer from Hanoi Rocks and permantly paralyzed 2 other people. He got 30 days in jail. The victims? Life sentences. Sorry to be a downer lol.

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And I am sure they glossed over the fact Vince Neil killed the drummer from Hanoi Rocks and permantly paralyzed 2 other people. He got 30 days in jail. The victims? Life sentences. Sorry to be a downer lol.

No, since Sixx didn't do that it was one of the "centerpieces" of the show with the crash and the jail and Vince's terribly-acted emoting when he comes back to the studio. But again, since all the scenes play out like bulletpoint vignettes with zero character development, Razzle is just some dude that got a BJ at the table with Crue groupies in the scene before. There's little context to make you care about these people that come in and out. Nikki Sixx was CLEARLY driving the train since he gets more time than anyone else, starting from when he was like 12. He also has the aforementioned sanitization of the group rape he talked about in the book.

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, since Sixx didn't do that it was one of the "centerpieces" of the show with the crash and the jail and Vince's terribly-acted emoting when he comes back to the studio. But again, since all the scenes play out like bulletpoint vignettes with zero character development, Razzle is just some dude that got a BJ at the table with Crue groupies in the scene before. There's little context to make you care about these people that come in and out. Nikki Sixx was CLEARLY driving the train since he gets more time than anyone else, starting from when he was like 12. He also has the aforementioned sanitization of the group rape he talked about in the book.

Got yea. After I posted I see that it was part of the film, since Sixx wasn't the criminal, it helps the narrative about being the bad boys of rock. Even reading(Yea no internet, just Karrang!!!) as a 14 year old in 1984 I knew this was messed up. It is Sixxs band after all..

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got yea. After I posted I see that it was part of the film, since Sixx wasn't the criminal, it helps the narrative about being the bad boys of rock. Even reading(Yea no internet, just Karrang!!!) as a 14 year old in 1984 I knew this was messed up. It is Sixxs band after all..

It would be nice if they had another crack at the book withough Sixx so deeply involved in the book adaptation and make it a miniseries. It'd do the book a lot more justice. The movie did the band no favors, that's for sure. It was just too hamfisted in its delivery. Using the Jackass director was a clear mistake.

#2919 5 years ago

I'm saying Bill and Ted.

Lost World is being thrown around.

#2920 5 years ago

Brian Eddy's game is up next. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How good is this hobby at the moment - John Borg just released what he calls his best layout yet, Steve Ritchie was unleashed on an unlicensed theme that has blown everyone away. Brian Eddy has been pulled out of pinball retirement to follow up on his last game which is one of the best of all time, Elwin has just produced his first game which is one of the best and most unique layouts ever, and Pat Lawlor is about do drop Willy Wonka on us. And I haven’t even mentioned the A-team working over at DeepRoot. Never thought it would be possible, but are we witnessing a pinball renaissance that is even better than the early - mid 90’s?

#2922 5 years ago

Is Elvira still slated for this year?

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Is Elvira still slated for this year?

Fall sometime. Lyman is on the code.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How good is this hobby at the moment - John Borg just released what he calls his best layout yet, Steve Ritchie was unleashed on an unlicensed theme that has blown everyone away. Brian Eddy has been pulled out of pinball retirement to follow up on his last game which is one of the best of all time, Elwin has just produced his first game which is one of the best and most unique layouts ever, and Pat Lawlor is about do drop Willy Wonka on us. And I haven’t even mentioned the A-team working over at DeepRoot. Never thought it would be possible, but are we witnessing a pinball renaissance that is even better than the early - mid 90’s?

Soo, marketplace competition is good! You are absolutely right, the pins coming out are amazing.

#2925 5 years ago

With the designer rotation, I would expect another Elwin game around Spring or Summer 2020. Looking forward to that already.

#2926 5 years ago

Fall sometime. Lyman is on the code.

Thank you! I am usually able to save enough to buy 1 pin every year or two.

#2927 5 years ago

With the designer rotation, I would expect another Elwin game around Spring or Summer 2020. Looking forward to that already.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s similar to IMDN. To see what is the Elwin style. Same with Scott Danesi- can’t wait to see what he has in store.

Brilliant breakout albums are pretty hard to follow up.

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never thought it would be possible, but are we witnessing a pinball renaissance that is even better than the early - mid 90’s?

Not mechanically...

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not mechanically...

Maybe not mechanical (except JJP) but better in many other areas.

Maybe it’s not all binary - some areas are better now, others were better then. That was a particular era of pinball. Is now just different but just as good. If you weigh up all the elements of a modern game,have we surpassed the 90’s games?

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not mechanically...

Still driving a 90s car ?
They have also changed 10 fold and consumers happily accept and in fact EXPECT it.

There is no way anyone would go to a dealership now and ask if they had any vehicles for sale with 90s technology, they would be laughed off the lot I think.

They also use a lot of cheaper parts in many areas compared to 90s cars.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

They have also changed 10 fold and consumers happily accept and in fact EXPECT it.
There is no way anyone would go to a dealership now and ask if they had any vehicles for sale with 90s technology, they would be laughed off the lot I think.

It is a shame that you can no longer add an eight track player as an option.

#2932 5 years ago

Holy Cow - I can't buy everything that comes out ! Lot's of good games keep appearing. Seems I want them all.

A Brian Eddy game could be really neat. It will be interesting to see what he does.

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is a shame that you can no longer add an eight track player as an option.

8track, almost as hard getting CD player as an option today.

#2934 5 years ago

While Munsters has been out a few weeks, majority of people haven’t found one to play. Same with Oktoberfest. JJPOTC didn’t start being cranked out until Jan, nor did ACNC. Sword of Rage should start appearing in a few weeks. So that is 5 pins in first 3 months of 2019 that most haven’t flipped and more game releases are on the horizon. Can we expect a game a month this year? Probably as there will be close to 24 games titles available new in box.

A great way to play all the newest pins is to attend a pinball show near you. While this has always been an option, it may become a necessity for keeping up, now that cadence of games has picked up. So check your calendar and target a show or two to attend in 2019 and get your ball on.

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

John Borg just released what he calls his best layout yet

He says that every time lol

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Actually yes (just got a new engine last summer)...

auto (resized).jpgauto (resized).jpg

...as anyone does who want's to listen to his TNA Music Cassette in style.

But that's beside the point. I don't care how it is made, it's just the mechs in the late 90's were way more innovative.

Like, I'm completely falling in love with the new Black Knight, but the Medival Madness mechs are still way more intricate.

Edit:
Are the games nowadays "better"'? - Depends on what you're looking for.
I miss the intricate mechs more then I prefer the deep code on modern machines.

The code can keep you playing for a long time to come but the new toys are what hooks my initial interrest and make me smile...

...just as I prefer my car to be somewhat angular and purple.

#2937 5 years ago

Now back to get the butter by the fishes...

What do you think will be next? - Before Brian Eddys game (Rumor: Lost World) there's likely to be a Vault Edition.

As mentioned in one of the latest infamous Podcasts, it'll be a popular title but NOT Tron or LotR.

So personally I hope it's GoT. It would make sense to make another run since the show is now ending and at least here the GoT Pro Edition is completely out of stock. - Hoping a Vault would get an art upgrade on the Cab & Playfield.

#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually yes (just got a new engine last summer)...
[quoted image]
...as anyone does who want's to listen to his TNA Music Cassette in style.
But that's beside the point. I don't care how it is made, it's just the mechs in the late 90's were way more innovative.
Like, I'm completely falling in love with the new Black Knight, but the Medival Madness mechs are still way more intricate.
Edit:
Are the games nowadays "better"'? - Depends on what you're looking for.
I miss the intricate mechs more then I prefer the deep code on modern machines.
The code can keep you playing for a long time to come but the new toys are what hooks my initial interrest and make me smile...
...just as I prefer my car to be somewhat angular and purple.

G60 or SLC? I was into VW's at one point, and it always torqued me off how Europe would get like 25 awesome colors for a car, and the USA gets 5 ugly earth tones.

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

G60 or SLC? I was into VW's at one point, and it always torqued me off how Europe would get like 25 awesome colors for a car, and the USA gets 5 ugly earth tones.

I have absolutely no idea what SLC means.
I'm a family man, so I'm for the little family version being automatic transmission (I know it's common in the US but around here you'd get laughed at for whatever reason if you drive an automatic transmission car) and 2.0 liter engine 115HP.

Wanted to have that thing since it was new, bought it the day I got my first job (couldn't afford the VR6 at that time) and had it ever since.
(And it never ever failed me. Even when the engine died and tore apart internally it still drove me home... in giant cloud of smoke and loosing oil but that's beside the point. )

And while I don't necessarily need my car to be purple (But with this car I wanted it!) I too don't like that 80%+ of the cars around are black, grey, silver and white...

Um... back to pinball.

#2940 5 years ago

Just saw the Stringer Things 3 Trailer! Man I sure would like Stern to do a Stranger Things pin. The music selections played in the ST3 trailer were awesome! That theme music along would be hype in the game too

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Just saw the Stringer Things 3 Trailer! Man I sure would like Stern to do a Stranger Things pin. The music selections played in the ST3 trailer where awesome! That theme music along would be hype in the game too

It’s happening.

#2942 5 years ago

Mouth breather Multi-ball!

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lost World is being thrown around.

Is it the First Lost World?or Escape from the Lost world? the first one is better..

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Is it the First Lost World?or Escape from the Lost world? the first one is better..

Jurassic Park lost world.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think you guys mean Jurassic World the newer films would be weird for stern to make a pin of lost world which was the second film and it has been done already.

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have absolutely no idea what SLC means.
I'm a family man, so I'm for the little family version being automatic transmission (I know it's common in the US but around here you'd get laughed at for whatever reason if you drive an automatic transmission car) and 2.0 liter engine 115HP.
Wanted to have that thing since it was new, bought it the day I got my first job (couldn't afford the VR6 at that time) and had it ever since.
(And it never ever failed me. Even when the engine died and tore apart internally it still drove me home... in giant cloud of smoke and loosing oil but that's beside the point. )
And while I don't necessarily need my car to be purple (But with this car I wanted it!) I too don't like that 80%+ of the cars around are black, grey, silver and white...
Um... back to pinball.

In th USA, manual cars are called ”Millennial Theft Protection” vehicles.

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

In th USA, manual cars are called ”Millennial Theft Protection” vehicles.

Lol

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jurassic World 3 out in 2021!

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think you guys mean Jurassic World the newer films would be weird for stern to make a pin of lost world which was the second film and it has been done already.

Correct, Jurassic World not Lost world.

EFF5E2CC-0320-4DD3-A09F-ED04BB3368C1 (resized).jpegEFF5E2CC-0320-4DD3-A09F-ED04BB3368C1 (resized).jpeg

#2950 5 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking this Lost World
This would be a nice pin too. a nice Honor to Paul Faris

detail (resized).pngdetail (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,799 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/59?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.