Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 941.
#29151 1 year ago

When does the first Terminator movie get its own pin? Give it some Tech Noir aesthetic, the original soundtrack, and 80s Schwarzenegger lines from the movie. Gameplay be damned, I'd still love it no matter what! T2 and T3 got pins, it's T1's turn!

#29152 1 year ago

Anyone know when the next announcement is coming?

Teaser? Release date? August is only a few days away.

#29153 1 year ago

The owner of a company doesn’t dress up in a Doc Brown costume unless he’s totally committed to a franchise. I think Gary has a soft spot for BTTF. Has anyone seen Gary dressed up like Homer or as Hammond from Jurassic Park? I like these odds.

#29154 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

I know it will never happen but a boy can dream... The Venture Bros.. has all the elements needed for a great pin with a wide selection of characters, gore, humor and action
[quoted image]

So much yes! One of my all time favourite shows. Hilarious quotable lines over the years. Would love a Venture Bros pinball, but it will never happen.

#29155 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:The owner of a company doesn’t dress up in a Doc Brown costume unless he’s totally committed to a franchise. I think Gary has a soft spot for BTTF. Has anyone seen Gary dressed up like Homer or as Hammond from Jurassic Park? I like these odds.

Id chalk it up to having white hair myself.

#29156 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Loving all this BTTF talk. It will be a most magnificent day for pinball when Stern releases it.[quoted image]

100%

#29157 1 year ago
bttf (resized).pngbttf (resized).png
#29158 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Can you retheme a retheme?
My wife is in the honeymoon stage with playing the virtual Beatles rethemed to ABBA. I have to admit-it is a fun game
Stern-my wife wants ABBA!

From memory someone did an Iron Maiden Code replacement ...... Disco Maiden or something??? Had a few Abba tracks I think..... NeilMcRae ??

#29159 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Whoever makes it, and whatever they ask - I'm down. My all-time favorite show that I re-watch in its current entirety at least once a year.

Yep one of my absolute favorite shows on adult swim!

#29160 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Speaking for myself , I would love a Van Halen , Black Sabbath , Motörhead etc ,but the music pin needs seems to be the last genre to take a chance and bridge to the new generation of pinheads .I’m not talking about doing a 180 ,but just a small detour like has been done with Stranger Things , RnM etc.

Motorhead or Van HALEN would be cool but probably never happen and Black Sabbath would sell

#29161 1 year ago

Very cool, enjoyed. Here is a local band out here in Arizona plays old school game songs and performed a few times at pinball shows. Minibosses doing Castlevania 2 love it.

#29162 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

At 32:49 Gary says of DE BTTF - “It was a great game, it’s a pretty dated title right now”
What does that mean?

Make an updated TFTC using Metallica. Gary u love it and mentioned it in interview.

#29163 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Make an updated TFTC using Metallica. Gary u love it and mentioned it in interview.

They won't because of the damn license. I own a TFTC and the show and pin have significance for me personally, so I would welcome it as well.

However, that's why the show was never rebooted. We got Creepshow instead. The Cryptkeeper is HBO and they don't want anyone to have it. If you get bored, look it up as it is interesting, but still doesn't look good for us.

That would be badass though.

#29164 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

They won't because of the damn license. I own a TFTC and the show and pin have significance for me personally, so I would welcome it as well.
However, that's why the show was never rebooted. We got Creepshow instead. The Cryptkeeper is HBO and they don't want anyone to have it. If you get bored, look it up as it is interesting, but still doesn't look good for us.
That would be badass though.

Yes that’s my second pin I have owned, sold it awhile back and looking for my next. Love the show, Just thought Or always called Metallica the updated version of TFTC. Keep debating between Maiden, Metallica, Elvira or else as next game for a one pin collection.

#29165 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

At 32:49 Gary says of DE BTTF - “It was a great game, it’s a pretty dated title right now”
What does that mean?

I just watched the interview.

My take is that Gary has confirmed to me they have BTTF.

Listen to the interview... Gary never talks down his back catalog.

Why would he diss an old Stern title? It's not his style.

He was having fun with the interviewer, pretending it's an old, dated title, knowing they are going to remake it.

Only time will tell, but that is my analysis!

#29166 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, Batman 66, Elvira, Munsters aren't dated?

Quoted from allsportdvd:

They also did a 2nd Ninja Turtles

They are all still current money grabbers, with new movies and merchandise, Elvira maybe the exception and Batman is still current although the pin relates to 66 Batman.

When was the last JAWS, BTTF movie, hardly current popular culture

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#29167 1 year ago

Gi joe !!!!! LOVE....

#29168 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Gi joe !!!!! LOVE....

A USA armed forces pinball...pass

#29169 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

Back to the Future is an evergreen licence and is still as popular as ever .

IMG_20220729_204227 (resized).jpgIMG_20220729_204227 (resized).jpgIMG_20220729_204212 (resized).jpgIMG_20220729_204212 (resized).jpg
#29170 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

AND, Ready Player One had the band Rush as a key plot element, including having the main character play the guitar solo from 2112 in a key scene in the book. Coincidence? I don't think so. That's enough for me. Full-on confirmation that BTTF is 100% the next Stern.

I believe you mean the "discovery" section of 2112. such a shame that the movie really chopped / cut up some of the best parts of the book, the use of the ultraman power-up changed to gundam due to licensing issues, etc...

#29171 1 year ago

Okay, let's picture the next game being Back to the Future.

Staying in the realm of realism, what features would you like it to have? I can't really picture an upper or lower playfield unless you maybe theme it to the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance guitar solo mode or something.

Maybe a neat gravity defying ramp or feature in the same vein as Avengers? This would replicate the hoverboard scene in part 2 or Marty's skateboard skills in general. There's no way this isn't a trilogy pin. Biff's Pleasure Paradise has got to be a lit building and not just featured on the translite. Perhaps a flux capacitor toy that lights up when hit X number of times or better yet on the playfield itself? Gotta have a Delorean feature; perhaps a gullwing door scoop/lock? Have it lift slightly, tires turn, maybe a slight tilt or rotation before it goes back to resting position.

I know some people despise them but I really think this should be a widebody. Have a light feature somewhere that either replicates lightning strikes or flame trails (or both, of course.) I think BTTF 3 would best be represented with a train toy or feature.

And of course, the elephant in the room in regards to the license: Crispin Glover. From what I understand they never ever want to do business with him again, will we even see George McFly in the game? If so, will he be a lookalike?

#29172 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Staying in the realm of realism, what features would you like it to have? I can't really picture an upper or lower playfield unless you maybe theme it to the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance guitar solo mode or something.
Maybe a neat gravity defying ramp or feature in the same vein as Avengers? This would replicate the hoverboard scene in part 2 or Marty's skateboard skills in general. There's no way this isn't a trilogy pin. Biff's Pleasure Paradise has got to be a lit building and not just featured on the translite. Perhaps a flux capacitor toy that lights up when hit X number of times or better yet on the playfield itself? Gotta have a Delorean feature; perhaps a gullwing door scoop/lock? Have it lift slightly, tires turn, maybe a slight tilt or rotation before it goes back to resting position.
I know some people despise them but I really think this should be a widebody. Have a light feature somewhere that either replicates lightning strikes or flame trails (or both, of course.) I think BTTF 3 would best be represented with a train toy or feature.
And of course, the elephant in the room in regards to the license: Crispin Glover. From what I understand they never ever want to do business with him again, will we even see George McFly in the game? If so, will he be a lookalike?

In the realm of realism?

How about a nice Tesla generator that shoots the ball with a bolt of lightning when hitting the ball through the accelerator on the jackpot loopty loop.

#29173 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

In the realm of realism?
How about a nice Tesla generator that shoots the ball with a bolt of lightning when hitting the ball through the accelerator on the jackpot loopty loop.

Sorry, "realm of realism" is a silly phrase spoken by a famous author, he's been a great friend of mine for years.

Why just a bolt of lighting? Let's shoot for the moon, can we have a real flame feature? How about a box full of old bomb parts?

#29174 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Perhaps a flux capacitor toy that lights up when hit X number of times or better yet on the playfield itself? Gotta have a Delorean feature; perhaps a gullwing door scoop/lock?

Love these ideas. I think a flux capacitor under the playfield like CFTBL or TBL would be cool. I had originally pictured a 3 ball locking flux capacitor where the balls form the 3 corners of the “Y” and then activate a time circuit multiball to travel to a new mode. I like the gullwing door idea too like TMNT van.

Expression lighting up the rails would be perfect for 88mph strobe flashes and fire trails when traveling through time.

An enchantment under the sea hurry-up would be cool having to get George and Lorraine to fall in love before Marty’s picture fades!

Other ideas in the hype thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

#29175 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Love these ideas. I think a flux capacitor under the playfield like CFTBL or TBL would be cool. I had originally pictured a 3 ball locking flux capacitor where the balls form the 3 corners of the “Y” and then activate a time circuit multiball to travel to a new mode. I like the gullwing door idea too like TMNT van.
A enchantment under the sea hurry-up would be cool having to get George and Lorraine to fall in love before Marty’s picture fades!
Other ideas in the hype thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

That flux capacitor lock idea is fantastic.

#29176 1 year ago

I dont want to set us up for failure because I have so many ideas for this pin that my expectations might exceed reality. I would pay $15k+ for a machine that incorporates all the mechs and cool stuff. I want it packed and priced accordingly, not thin and cheap. Do it, and do it right Gary!

TS4 was thin and expensive... a losing combination. DE BTTF was thin and affordable... fine but underwhelming. Go big or go home, the fans want a show piece. This will be the last go around for the age group on the BTTF nostalgia train. We want maximum ROI.

#29177 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

That flux capacitor lock idea is fantastic.

Thanks. Time circuit display for time traveling modes is easily done on the TV screen. A physical flux capacitor (toy/mech) is a must!

#29178 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I dont want to set us up for failure because I have so many ideas for this pin that my expectations might exceed reality. I would pay $15k+ for a machine that incorporates all the mechs and cool stuff. I want it packed and priced accordingly, not thin and cheap. Do it, and do it right Gary!
TS4 was thin and expensive... a losing combination. DE BTTF was thin and affordable... fine but underwhelming. Go big or go home, the fans want a show piece. This will be the last go around for the age group on the BTTF nostalgia train. We want maximum ROI.

there is no pinball experience worth 15K, I don't care how loaded it is.

#29179 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Artwork comes in many forms. I would view a packed BTTF pin as both entertainment and a piece of art (if done right). I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets joy from just looking at my machines.

#29180 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Artwork comes in many forms. I would view a packed BTTF pin as both entertainment and a piece of art (if done right). I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets joy from just looking at my machines.

well...this is the problem of this hobby. This is not an art piece.
It is an amusement machine that is meant to be played by drunk-ish greasy finger munching chips/chicken wings people in a bar. It is designed to eat your dollars, give you enough ROI to eventually be thrown out to be replaced for a new game, and not be admired like a Mona Lisa.

At 15K very few locations will be interested in having one as it wil take a long while to get 15000 plays on one to start making money.

As a collector myself, I am also not interested in a 15K machine. No machine out there is worth that and I do not admire the machines, I played them. In fact, I find the playfield art of most machine to be particularly ugly, and last, I really never admire the art on the PF, as a matter of fact, I often ignore it. I am just happy it is not a blank.

ymmv

#29181 1 year ago

Kinda wondering as its known and just said by Gary.
They do 3 cornerstone pins and one kapow from Joe per year but this year we losing a cornerstone as was stated so that leaves a kapow ? Do you guys think that:

Jaws is a big enough license for kapow, me nope
Venom is a big enough license for kapow, me nope
James bond/ based like dr who with all the bonds is big enough license for Kapow, me yep
Bttf is big enough for Kapow, me yep
or
Lets say AP said Gary does not have the sonic license and maybe its Joe from Kapow and does FU to all other pinball manufactures and gets gary to make it lol

#29182 1 year ago

It is an amusement machine that is meant to be played by drunk-ish greasy finger munching chips/chicken wings people in a bar.

Hey! I resent that comment! Lol Just because we played together and you saw me munching on chicken wings doesn't mean I was drunk-ish! Thou, admittedly, those wings were mighty tasty!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#29183 1 year ago

This.

There are machines I absolutely love yet will never likely own due to the price people keep asking. Pinball was and is expensive enough, let's not give Stern (or anyone else for that matter) any ideas, this shit is getting too expensive. I saw someone asking $2,500 for a RAVEN a few months ago.

#29184 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Hey! I resent that comment! Lol Just because we played together and you saw me munching on chicken wings doesn't mean I was drunk-ish! Thou, admittedly, those wings were mighty tasty!

Chicken wings and pinball sounds good but not near my machines,lol

#29185 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

lol. Drunk-ish people can play some mean pinball. Takes the edge off.
This is why we will never make it to the olympics competitively. We won't pass the doping tests. lol

#29186 1 year ago

lol. Drunk-ish people can play some mean pinball. Takes the edge off.
This is why we will never make it to the olympics competitively. We won't pass the doping tests. lol

I think thats where putting initials for high scores came from,so we remember what happened

#29187 1 year ago

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with his post... it's pretty cringey.

#29188 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Chicken wings and pinball sounds good but not near my machines,lol

It's all good, the food at this location must stay on the other side. Beer can come through, thou!

#29189 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

There is literally a BTTF musical being performed in London right now and it is coming to New York soon: https://www.backtothefuturemusical.com

There is so much BTTF merchandise that there is a website dedicated to only that: https://backtothefuture.store

Akedo has made 4 different pairs of BTTF shoes in the last 2 years: https://us.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=akedo+future

There are events every year for BTTF stuff, including a signing event with some actors coming up in August: https://www.backtothefuture.com/events/2022/09/19/comic-fortress

If nobody was buying this stuff, they wouldn't be making 25th/30th/35th anniversary Blu-Ray sets, etc.

#29190 1 year ago

Back to topic, my short list hasn't moved! I haven't seen anything for a while that got me hyped! Come on people!

Probably one of those:
Venom
BTTF
Jaws

You never know:
James Bond
True Lies
Indiana Jones
John Wick

#29191 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with his post... it's pretty cringey.

Using this doll, show me where the bad man hurt you...

#29192 1 year ago

True Lies? You people have lost your mind.

#29193 1 year ago

It seems like for one week every month, this thread is hijacked and turns into the back to the future hype thread. If you want to talk BTTF hype, that's the better thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

#29194 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It seems like for one week every month, this thread is hijacked and turns into the back to the future hype thread. If you want to talk BTTF hype, that's the better thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

I provided the link in post 29174. This still is a stern speculation thread and new information from a recent interview sparked the BTTF conversation. It’s relevant.

#29195 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If you want to talk BTTF hype, that's the better thread.

Their ravenous desire is bound by neither thread nor logic until such day that Gary Stern bestows upon them a Christopher Lloyd & Huey Lewis game.

Just imagine if the LE cabinet is a massive side view of a Delorean in silver foil, with brushed stainless armor. Pandemonium.

#29196 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Their ravenous desire is bound by neither thread nor logic until such day that Gary Stern bestows upon them a Christopher Lloyd & Huey Lewis game.
Just imagine if the LE cabinet is a massive side view of a Delorean in silver foil, with brushed stainless armor. Pandemonium.

now im in,thanks

#29197 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only if the glass opens sideways on a gullwing hinge. Lol.

#29198 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just the playfield. Would make easy access to things. From both sides though, like the hood of a 59’-51’ Buick.

#29199 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

BBQ gullwings!! Yum!

#29200 1 year ago

If this pin tries to lure me into hitting on my mom then no deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/584?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.