Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 580 of 938.
#28951 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Pokemon would be the safest anime/video game pin that would attract non pinball fans in droves. That would be an instant buy machine for me.

I’m not a huge fan of the franchise but the capture a pokemon, creature level ups and gym battle progressions literally writes itself into a pin. I would be interested.

#28952 1 year ago

Anime won't happen because there's no singular focus for it. Everybody wants some anime but everybody wants a different one. DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Sailor Moon, however many others, there's a million of them all splintering the market.

Pokemon is the only one with anywhere near enough recognition, and that's for the whole franchise not just the cartoon.

#28953 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Jaws is not next

And you know this because ... ?

#28954 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m not a huge fan of the franchise but the capture a pokemon, creature level ups and gym battle progressions literally writes itself into a pin. I would be interested.

Not to mention stern could potentially integrate their insider connect to allow people to "trade" pokemon between machines. How crazy would that be?

#28955 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

And you know this because ... ?

Because it’s been next for the last decade

#28956 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Not to mention stern could potentially integrate their insider connect to allow people to "trade" pokemon between machines. How crazy would that be?

Next level crazy. The type of innovation we need.

#28957 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know Star Wars has been played out, but how about Spaceballs? The callouts would be classic.
[quoted image]

"I bet she gives great helmet" I'm in!

#28958 1 year ago

Do we know for sure who is working on the next pin? Could it be Gomez? He has not released a corner stone it looks like since Deadpool.

#28959 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Do we know for sure who is working on the next pin? Could it be Gomez? He has not released a corner stone it looks like since Deadpool.

I dont think anyone knows for sure but most have assumed Brian Eddy. I doubt gomez redo of Steve R game is ready yet. Im looking forward to Brian Eddys next game. Ill buy a venom if it has a fun layout

#28960 1 year ago

I’ve hoped for Pokémon for a while, not because Im into it (which I’m not), but with the possibilities it could introduce.
As mentioned above trading them. But what about collecting them? The However many there are in the Pokémon universe to catch. Plying modes to evolve them. Battling to evolve them. Battle other players? Finding certain Pokémon in real life geographical locations which could get more people out to play to get that elusive one. With the insider connected platform, it’s something that could really be a big jump forward, and well as taking it up to the next level.

#28961 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just a thought for the future .It’s obvious pinball needs to continue building bridges joining age groups to keep pushing forward .That being said ,please give me a 90s rock pin with Korn , Limp Bizkit ,Rage Against the Machine and Alice in Chains .There’s no denying this music was born to be in a pin .There’s other stand alone band’s I would rather see but This group would age you while playing .Imagine Freak on a Leash, Break Stuff , Bulls on Parade , and Again Multiballs ! Pure adrenaline ! Please give it some thought Stern $$$

It’s not possible to like Korn, Limp Bizkit and then be a fan of Rage. Just does not add up and I am a Maiden fan but not at all of those other two, Alice in Chains ok will pass but 90’s ruin it for the most part. Most of those bands can’t see a pin working out as besides the music not much of a stage show with anything to creative while playing music.

#28962 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Uf.... Castlevania???? It's good

I have been pushing for a Castlevania pin for years, the music alone is great for a pin, it would be the upgraded Monster Bash if done right.

#28963 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I dont think anyone knows for sure but most have assumed Brian Eddy. I doubt gomez redo of Steve R game is ready yet. Im looking forward to Brian Eddys next game. Ill buy a venom if it has a fun layout

Gomez/Tanio would be hot.

#28964 1 year ago

7971C369-E29E-40A1-B9FB-9370BE2F38BB (resized).jpeg7971C369-E29E-40A1-B9FB-9370BE2F38BB (resized).jpeg

4F19C186-E6F3-4973-BF7A-E557A4302917 (resized).jpeg4F19C186-E6F3-4973-BF7A-E557A4302917 (resized).jpeg
#28965 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez/Tanio would be hot.

Dreamy

#28966 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

It’s not possible to like Korn, Limp Bizkit and then be a fan of Rage. Just does not add up and I am a Maiden fan but not at all of those other two, Alice in Chains ok will pass but 90’s ruin it for the most part. Most of those bands can’t see a pin working out as besides the music not much of a stage show with anything to creative while playing music.

A mike stand ,backwards hat , frontwards hat and a pair of sunglasses There was a “Family Values “ tour and acts were in/out of the lineup throughout .That’s where I would start my search and theme it using the tour .

#28967 1 year ago

Pokemon would be absolutely perfect for a deeply coded game. Possibilities are endless. And no, I’m not necessarily a “fan” either. It just WORKS on so many levels and it would draw a MEGA TON of new interest into our hobby. This IP could single handedly solidify the proliferation of pinball for decades to come (not that it’s in any danger really) It’s just that BIG of a license. Hard to deny it.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I’ve hoped for Pokémon for a while, not because Im into it (which I’m not), but with the possibilities it could introduce.
As mentioned above trading them. But what about collecting them? The However many there are in the Pokémon universe to catch. Plying modes to evolve them. Battling to evolve them. Battle other players? Finding certain Pokémon in real life geographical locations which could get more people out to play to get that elusive one. With the insider connected platform, it’s something that could really be a big jump forward, and well as taking it up to the next level.

#28968 1 year ago

Now we’re getting somewhere

2AB435CE-2F62-441D-ADBD-93263E77577D (resized).png2AB435CE-2F62-441D-ADBD-93263E77577D (resized).png59E4A113-11D2-404E-BA6C-83C9E6AF9BCE (resized).png59E4A113-11D2-404E-BA6C-83C9E6AF9BCE (resized).pngA8F14FE5-DF49-464E-9169-86C3C8E1DE47 (resized).pngA8F14FE5-DF49-464E-9169-86C3C8E1DE47 (resized).pngB5916018-86D4-47FD-99D2-DD938EED3AD4 (resized).pngB5916018-86D4-47FD-99D2-DD938EED3AD4 (resized).pngD0701D99-5028-4623-90AE-89291ED7BE8F (resized).pngD0701D99-5028-4623-90AE-89291ED7BE8F (resized).png
#28969 1 year ago

Since we are talking Nintendo nostalgia with Pokémon and Castlevania…, both of which I think could work, I’d love a Mega Man pin.

#28970 1 year ago

I actually went to the Nintendo in NYC today. I'm down

IMG_20220724_115153273_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220724_115153273_HDR (resized).jpg
#28971 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

A mike stand ,backwards hat , frontwards hat and a pair of sunglasses There was a “Family Values “ tour and acts were in/out of the lineup throughout .That’s where I would start my search and theme it using the tour .

I only saw one of the Family values tour in 1998 to see Rammstein only. Never been a fan of any nu metal.

#28972 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I actually went to the Nintendo in NYC today. I'm down[quoted image]

I’d really enjoy a Nintendo mashup theme…or a straight up Zelda

#28973 1 year ago

I only saw one of the Family values tour in 1998 to see Rammstein only. Never been a fan of any nu metal.

Speaking for myself , I would love a Van Halen , Black Sabbath , Motörhead etc ,but the music pin needs seems to be the last genre to take a chance and bridge to the new generation of pinheads .I’m not talking about doing a 180 ,but just a small detour like has been done with Stranger Things , RnM etc.

#28974 1 year ago

Yeah popular numetal on the whole is pretty…embarrassing. I’d love to see classic 80’s / 90’s thrash / death metal have their day first before I have to bear witness to a godforsaken Limp Bizkit pin. For example…this absolute masterpiece should get a pin before I’ve gotta whack away at KORN’s ‘slap-a-da-bass molest-y multiball’

1622DAE8-7358-4167-B60D-ACBB088A4DDC (resized).jpeg1622DAE8-7358-4167-B60D-ACBB088A4DDC (resized).jpeg
#28975 1 year ago

Mega Man also writes itself into a pin super easily. Beat modes to take the powers of each boss. And then everybody will complain because they don't understand how the powers work, just like AIQ. Right?

#28976 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm still convinced as per my earlier quote. I'll pay up Monday if I'm wrong. Worst case scenerio Project Pinball gets $100 Monday.

We expect that donation to be sent today.

#28977 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Except...and hear me out...it is.

I love your blind optimism; I think Stern want_ to do it but there are still too many license gaps, some way to expensive for Stern to shell out for, and none of us want a BTTF 3 now do we?

Regards,
Neil.

#28978 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

At this point I’ve sort of given up on JAWS whether I should have or not.

Jack basically said Stern has Jaws on the Super Awesome Pinball show .
The episode has now been deleted , I guess it caused a bit of shit behind the scenes .
Spewing I missed it .

#28979 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The episode has now been deleted , I guess it caused a bit of shit behind the scenes .
Spewing I missed it .

I listened to that episode and at about the 70min mark when Franchi and Chris say they know what license Jack is talking about Franchi starts humming the James Bond theme (but then they also play the first few notes of jaws theme in rhe background). The theme Franchi was humming though was defintely Bond not Jaws.

So could the "just a movie poster worth of assets" refer to Bond instead of Jaws? I hope not cuz, I think Bond would translate to a pinball game much better than Jaws.

#28980 1 year ago

I agree that Mega Man is perfect for a pin. But man theres so many video games id want as pins. Resident evil, final fantasy, souls games, witcher….theres so many that would work

#28981 1 year ago

I like to hit drop targets to make poker hands...

#28982 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Spewing I missed it .

Some super thin skin if this episode did that - WOW lol. All that Jack said was for an unnamed game, that the hosts of the show may be familiar with, 'I didn't want the license if all I got was a movie poster to work with' at which point the show had the jaws music. Super thin skinned industry, fuck

#28983 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I love your blind optimism; I think Stern want_ to do it but there are still too many license gaps, some way to expensive for Stern to shell out for

Kapow is doing it. If he can get Beatles, he can get anything.

#28984 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Kapow is doing it. If he can get Beatles, he can get anything.

Well, to be fair, he only kinda "got" Beatles. 45 second song clips and still pictures of stuff there is definitely video of available isn't a home run.

#28985 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Sonic could be the next Designe by Jack Danger. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
I liked Ryan McQuaid Designe he put a lot of effort in it. Also his topper looked great.
Hope they do some multi game where you can deside wich game you like to play. Like Ryan wanted it or like it is on the Alien. That would be so much fun to have diffrent games on one Pinball.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would really love an AKIRA pin. Possibly the most epic anime film of all time imo.

I'd love to see an Akira, Cowboy bebop, or Attack on Titan pin (though would AoT could maybe be too thematically similar to Godzilla?)... I'm sure even a Dragonball Z pin could probably be pretty rad too, in the right hands...

#28986 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

I'd love to see an Akira, Cowboy bebop, or Attack on Titan pin (though would AoT could maybe be too thematically similar to Godzilla?)... I'm sure even a Dragonball Z pin could probably be pretty rad too, in the right hands...

cowboy bebop would be my first pick but Akira would be awesome as well.

Am I the only person sad netflix cancelled cowboy bebop? I actually thought they did a decent job adapting it

#28987 1 year ago

$100 donation to Project Pinball if I'm wrong.
Stern will announce a new "non-cornerstone" game in the next 2 weeks. Specifically a Venom pin.
Why?
Stern has floor space at at the San Diego Comic Con and is sharing that space with "Rebellion Republic".
https://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/cci22/goExpo/floorPlan/viewFloorPlan.php?ei=528&zb=3721
The last time Stern had space at the Sand Diego Comic Con it was in 2019 when the Stern Space was physically inside the "Star Wars space" see post 3968 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/80#post-5098330 They launched the Star Wars home Pin about this time (+/- a week). Stern also launched their next Cornerstone game, Jurassic Park, about a month after the announcement of the Star Wars Home Pin.
The timeline for this lines up perfectly with Stern announcing their cornerstone pin next month, which they have publically announced they will do.
I am not super familiar with Venom (I though it was the comic book character until I opened the Rebellion Republic site" https://rebellionrepublic.com/
What I am not sure on is if this will be a Venom "Home Pin" or something more limited yet in the same form factor like the "Heavy Metal" pin. My money is on the latter.
So, we will get a new non-cornerstone Venom Pin from Stern, most likely a Venom "Heavy Metal" style premium price in a mostly Home Edition pinball body in the next 2 weeks, no later than 24 July.
[quoted image]

Well, looks like Knapp arcade beat me to it.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

We expect that donation to be sent today.

As promised, I have made a $100 donation to project pinball as a "non-cornerstone Venom pin" was not released in the previous 2 weeks. Screenshot follows.

Project Pinball (resized).pngProject Pinball (resized).png
#28988 1 year ago

I hope Stern listens to this thread and gives you Cartoon and newer music pin requesters a shot.It would satisfy younger pinballers wants and at the same time give older pinballers who have bought so much lately a break in the wallet.2 things may happen 1 being it may quench the thirst of new titles for younger people,as mentioned before us older guys wallet gets a break and 2 we can all see if the sales remain high or if the market is ready for this change.Its a win win for me .

#28989 1 year ago

How about

Bob's Burger's to got along with The Simpsons and Family Guy

or

Judas Priest or Van Halen or Def Leppard

or

Scooby Doo (classic with classic villians), Disney's Haunted Mansion, Friday the 13th to make up for Halloween, Sonic Spinball (huge potential), Nightmare Before Christmas

Besides Keith who I think is one of the top of his game right now or the of great pinball guy Raymond Davidson

#28990 1 year ago

As promised, I have made a $100 donation to project pinball

#28991 1 year ago

I’d be all for a Last Dance/Michael Jordan pinball machine. They haven’t done an NBA one in over 10 years it’s time. Base it on the most popular basketball player of all time.

87240D39-D931-4047-B434-C5E81CF72D57 (resized).jpeg87240D39-D931-4047-B434-C5E81CF72D57 (resized).jpeg
#28992 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope Stern listens to this thread and gives you Cartoon and newer music pin requesters a shot.It would satisfy younger pinballers wants and at the same time give older pinballers who have bought so much lately a break in the wallet.2 things may happen 1 being it may quench the thirst of new titles for younger people,as mentioned before us older guys wallet gets a break and 2 we can all see if the sales remain high or if the market is ready for this change.Its a win win for me .

I like this idea. Maybe one of their 3 cornerstones could be something the 90's kids would dig. Who knows, it may surprise some of the old guys and become a hit even though they initially have no interest in it. They'd still have 2 other cornerstones they could produce the known nostalgia pins that their older customer base with more disposable income is always clamoring for.

#28993 1 year ago

Make up for Halloween? HWN is sick man…go get some more time on the current code. The game has a lot to offer.

Quoted from bigchief99:

How about
Bob's Burger's to got along with The Simpsons and Family Guy
or
Judas Priest or Van Halen or Def Leppard
or
Scooby Doo (classic with classic villians), Disney's Haunted Mansion, Friday the 13th to make up for Halloween, Sonic Spinball (huge potential), Nightmare Before Christmas
Besides Keith who I think is one of the top of his game right now or the of great pinball guy Raymond Davidson

#28994 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Make up for Halloween? HWN is sick man…go get some more time on the current code. The game has a lot to offer.

I think he might mean because Stern didn’t get it…? That’s at least how I read it.

#28995 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pokemon would be absolutely perfect for a deeply coded game. Possibilities are endless. And no, I’m not necessarily a “fan” either. It just WORKS on so many levels and it would draw a MEGA TON of new interest into our hobby. This IP could single handedly solidify the proliferation of pinball for decades to come (not that it’s in any danger really) It’s just that BIG of a license. Hard to deny it.

One Piece would make for great pinball fodder. Manga started in 1997 while the anime is still going after 23 years with 1026 Episodes, 17 movies, dozens of games.

The modes could be taken from each of the arcs (East Blue, Arabasta, Sky Island, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Summit War, Fish Man Island, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island, and finally Wano). Lots of content to pull from that would make for a fun theme. It'll never happen though..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#28996 1 year ago

Next stern?!

C1CEA091-26D4-4A90-AC2A-15B19C8DA0BE (resized).pngC1CEA091-26D4-4A90-AC2A-15B19C8DA0BE (resized).png
#28997 1 year ago

He estado presionando por un pin de Castlevania durante años, la música por sí sola es genial para un pin, sería el Monster Bash mejorado si se hiciera bien.

#28998 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Next stern?!
[quoted image]

We can only hope not. That’s terrible

#28999 1 year ago

Wow Peaches! You seem upset by it?!?

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:We can only hope not. That’s terrible

#29000 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Next stern?!
[quoted image]

Terrible table..... but look at those graphics right off an 80's blister pack!!! That would be soooooo good!!

Easy dream theme for me.

GI Joe (season 1)
Transformers (g1)
Master of the Universe (season 1)

That would be the ultimate trifecta.
Some real 80's nostalgia pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 580 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/580?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.