Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,887 posts in this topic. You are on page 577 of 938.
#28801 1 year ago

So is venom next or what?!?!

#28802 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

So is venom next or what?!?!

Probably, or some other Marvel property like Thor or Dr. Strange. It seems like Stern has maintained a pattern of Band Pin then Marvel Pin then Surprise Pin (Stranger Thing, Godzilla, Elvira) for a while. Not criticizing them, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it ended up being Venom with Ozzy/Black Sabbath music, which frankly sounds freakin amazing!

#28803 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

ELO would be awesome. Am I the only person that thinks "Time" is an utter masterpiece of a concept album?

Nope. Time is a masterpiece, and I think it is sad that it doesn't have the recognition/awareness that many other great concept albums have.

#28804 1 year ago

Probably no big reveal tomorrow but maybe just a teaser.

#28805 1 year ago

So maybe I dreamed reading this somewhere recently, but (besides the obvious ailments) is Ozzy’s health declining? Maybe he’s not long for this world, so they put the machine that he’s involved with to be the next release? Sort of like they did with BM66 and Adam West…get it pushed out while he’s still around to say something about it.

#28806 1 year ago

I’m happy with Venom, but SPAWN would be crazy. Todd McFarlane created both characters.

DB6C0A1B-A983-4173-9059-3EE1011D0FAA (resized).jpegDB6C0A1B-A983-4173-9059-3EE1011D0FAA (resized).jpeg

#28807 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So maybe I dreamed reading this somewhere recently, but (besides the obvious ailments) is Ozzy’s health declining? Maybe he’s not long for this world, so they put the machine that he’s involved with to be the next release? Sort of like they did with BM66 and Adam West…get it pushed out while he’s still around to say something about it.

Is his health declining? It has been declining since the 80’s due to alcohol and drug abuse. He now also has Parkinson’s. Frankly., given his lifestyle over the years, it is a minor miracle he has lasted this long.

#28808 1 year ago

Wrecked pretty hard on that quad a couple years ago too

#28809 1 year ago

I say they give him a pin prior to his falling! Or he gives them a pin….however it works??

#28810 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is his health declining? It has been declining since the 80’s due to alcohol and drug abuse. He now also has Parkinson’s. Frankly., given his lifestyle over the years, it is a minor miracle he has lasted this long.

Ok yes, Parkinson’s…that’s what I was trying to recall. Thanks!

#28811 1 year ago

From 'I am Ozzy':

"..When we did the CalJam Festival at the Ontario Motor Speedway in 1974, for example, there was all kinds of bollocks going on backstage with the other bands. Things like, ‘Well, if he’s got a pinball machine, then I want a pinball machine,’ or ‘If he’s got a quadraphonic sound system, then I want a quadraphonic sound system.’.."

So, I'm guessing getting a pinball to his own name would actually mean something to Ozzy!

#28812 1 year ago

Hoping the Pro 007 is loaded and I do not need to spend an extra $5000 for fluff and lipstick

Gomez makes great mechs so LE may be way to go?

Bond James Bond

#28813 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Gomez makes great mechs so LE may be way to go?

If Deadpool is any indication, you'll be fine with a pro. BM66 had a crazy huge mech of course, but they also didn't have to worry about how a pro would play without it.

#28814 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

If Deadpool is any indication, you'll be fine with a pro

It has been hit or miss for me on Pro vs LE. All comes down to interactive mechs. Is the interactive mech cool enough and does not disrupt flow too much-then it's worth it for me. 007 is a theme I would go LE on if it is loaded with mechs and has what I am looking for

#28815 1 year ago

What are the odds we get an announcement today???? I say 1000 to 1

#28816 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Stern already said next game is August. Why would they introduce a Ozzy pin at Comic-con or announce any machine prior to what they already stated?

August-Stern will announce 007

#28817 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern already said next game is August. Why would they introduce a Ozzy pin at Comic-con or announce any machine prior to what they already stated?
August-Stern will announce 007

Because they have done exactly that in the past. They squashed the Jurassic Park rumours a few years ago by releasing Star Wars "The Pin" at Comiccon a few years ago... followed by a cornerstone Jurassic Park launch the next month. Stern has absolutely done this in the past.

#28818 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

80%

#28819 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Stern has absolutely done this in the past.

Yea but this time they are playing catch up with back-orders from distros

Distros are finally starting to get their orders for lots of pissed off peeps-so Stern introducing anything sooner would be another slap in the face. Focus on service and do what you say you are going to do

#28820 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea but this time they are playing catch up with back-orders from distros
Distros are finally starting to get their orders for lots of pissed off peeps-so Stern introducing anything sooner would be another slap in the face. Focus on service and do what you say you are going to do

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$100 donation to Project Pinball if I'm wrong.
Stern will announce a new "non-cornerstone" game in the next 2 weeks. Specifically a Venom pin.
Why?
Stern has floor space at at the San Diego Comic Con and is sharing that space with "Rebellion Republic".
https://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/cci22/goExpo/floorPlan/viewFloorPlan.php?ei=528&zb=3721
The last time Stern had space at the Sand Diego Comic Con it was in 2019 when the Stern Space was physically inside the "Star Wars space" see post 3968 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/80#post-5098330 They launched the Star Wars home Pin about this time (+/- a week). Stern also launched their next Cornerstone game, Jurassic Park, about a month after the announcement of the Star Wars Home Pin.
The timeline for this lines up perfectly with Stern announcing their cornerstone pin next month, which they have publically announced they will do.
I am not super familiar with Venom (I though it was the comic book character until I opened the Rebellion Republic site" https://rebellionrepublic.com/
What I am not sure on is if this will be a Venom "Home Pin" or something more limited yet in the same form factor like the "Heavy Metal" pin. My money is on the latter.
So, we will get a new non-cornerstone Venom Pin from Stern, most likely a Venom "Heavy Metal" style premium price in a mostly Home Edition pinball body in the next 2 weeks, no later than 24 July.
[quoted image]

Well, looks like Knapp arcade beat me to it.

I stand by my earlier prediction. If Stern has supply issues (which it does) and the critical part in its supply chain is node boards (I believe it is) they can produce more pins if they are making Home model pins because each pin uses less boards.

I can't argue the point too much more, but we will be both proven right or wrong over the weekend.... possibly in 4 hours and 4 minutes.

#28821 1 year ago

I think they stuck Jack in the home pin department and gave him Jaws

#28822 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I hope so. I think it is a winning model for Stern (although not my thing). They can reuse assets across product lines when they do this (there is alot of recycled Pro/Premium/LE JP and Star Wars in the home models). Not every pin needs to be super complicated.

#28823 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Gomez said Jacks next machine after JP was a cornerstone, and Jack refers to his next game while he streams as his cornerstone.

#28824 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Gomez said Jacks next machine after JP was a cornerstone, and Jack refers to his next game while he streams as his cornerstone.

This is correct. Jack designed JP Home as a contractor for Stern, he's now been hired as a full-time employee to design a cornerstone.

#28825 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m happy with Venom, but SPAWN would be crazy. Todd McFarlane created both characters.
[quoted image]

I would prefer a Spawn over Venom

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28826 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would prefer a Spawn over Venom

So long as Sam & Twitch are in it, I'd be down to play a few games.

Spawn evokes this odd feeling for me, like it's nostalgic in a way yet not quite old or niche enough for me to ever be totally invested. The character seemed to be everywhere back in the day and I think I just got tired of seeing him.

I hope they get John Leguizamo to voice Clown, he was the only decent part of the live-action movie. I can imagine seeing a large Violator head that opens his mouth to shoot the ball into.

#28827 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I can imagine seeing a large Violator head that opens his mouth to shoot the ball into.

How about a clown head bash toy that rotates to reveal a Violator head that locks & fires balls.

Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell Stern is doing a Spawn game.

#28828 1 year ago

Hopefully they reuse the projector concept again like in stranger things on this machine. One of the coolest things in a pinball machine.

#28829 1 year ago

But do you want that as a replacement for a physical/interactive toy?

#28830 1 year ago
Quoted from Apex:

But do you want that as a replacement for a physical/interactive toy?

No, especially since it doesn't fit the theme. If they ever did another Creature pin though, that could work. Or Gremlins!

#28831 1 year ago

Any cool stuff/toys. No IPad like JJP

#28832 1 year ago

Looking at that Spawn picture and seeing the pouches on his leg cracked me up. What does he store in there, fruit roll-ups?

#28833 1 year ago

Totally unrelated to current topic flow, themes I would enjoy seeing:

Minions
John Wick
The Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

#28834 1 year ago

10 mins away….

#28835 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

10 mins away….

Wuts happening?

#28836 1 year ago

Nothing I guess! Hahaha. Ozzy was coming to stern booth at 12p

#28837 1 year ago

Great suggestion!

#28838 1 year ago

They are announcing BTTF3: Western Carnival to compete with TS4.
No Biff, no Doc, no Marty.... but it will have a frisbee pie plate taking up a quarter of the PF.
Callouts by Needles.....

BTTF needles (resized).jpgBTTF needles (resized).jpg
#28839 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

No Biff, no Doc, no Marty.... but it will have a frisbee pie plate taking up a quarter of the PF.
Callouts by Needles.....
[quoted image]

I'm a buyer!

#28840 1 year ago

Craziness at Stern booth with the Ozzy signing

20220722_121131 (resized).jpg20220722_121131 (resized).jpg20220722_121141 (resized).jpg20220722_121141 (resized).jpg

20220722_121735 (resized).jpg20220722_121735 (resized).jpg
#28841 1 year ago

12pm pst 3pm est time shoutout was just the countdown for the Ozzy meet&greet.

I believe sterns not sending their next games out until August 2022 but that doesn't mean we won't see the physical game or see gameplay before they ship them. That usually happens a week or two before the distributors get their games. Fingers crossed it's Brian's best design yet like I was told from a buddy of mine who builds machines mon-Fri.

#28842 1 year ago

This says it all venom is next! Check out Todd’s hat!! He is sending us all a message! So pumped for venom!!

8CAD4438-3D1B-4FBF-95B5-6B2077D05112.jpeg8CAD4438-3D1B-4FBF-95B5-6B2077D05112.jpeg
#28843 1 year ago

I have heard from a reliable source no new game till October.

#28844 1 year ago
giphy (8).gifgiphy (8).gif
#28845 1 year ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

I have heard from a reliable source no new game till October.

From the top ropes with a soul crusher! If this is true it would require another announcement as I’m pretty sure everyone is expecting august

#28846 1 year ago

That would make absolutely no sense...

#28847 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Callouts by Needles.....
[quoted image]

That actor recently did some work in the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series, so.......

What’s wrong Gary Stern??? Chicken?!

#28848 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Lolololol

#28849 1 year ago

They may announce it . But I was told production wouldn't start till October. Just have to wait and see.

#28850 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You know that's Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,887 posts in this topic. You are on page 577 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/577?hl=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.