Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 924.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i thought batman code was shark?

Now you mention it, I think too . Not to confuse with Jaws ..

#2752 5 years ago

I like the code names for the games

relevance is obscure ?

I would love to see a list of the games/code names and hear the stories behind them.

Perhaps George or one of the team might be kind enough to share the story one day.

fun trivia

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I like the code names for the games
relevance is obscure ?
I would love to see a list of the games/code names and hear the stories behind them.
Perhaps George or one of the team might be kind enough to share the story one day.
fun trivia

Only if you pay them that $30 for their privilege program.

#2754 5 years ago

I'd buy a High Speed or Getaway remake without hesitation.

#2755 5 years ago

If it’s a BK3/3000/whatever, I’d personally like to see the BK character as a cybernetic assassin skilled in martial arts. He’d wield a collapsible lightning plasma sword that could double as a bo staff and fire off lightning bolts. He’d also have a pump shot gun and ride on an apocalyptic chopper like the Terminator or horse/motorcycle hybrid like the Centaur character. I’d like the setting to be apocalyptic/steam punk. Just my thoughts.

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

If it’s a BK3/3000/whatever, I’d personally like to see the BK character as a cybernetic assassin skilled in martial arts. He’d wield a collapsible lightning plasma sword that could double as a bo staff and fire off lightning bolts. He’d also have a pump shot gun and ride on an apocalyptic chopper like the Terminator or horse/motorcycle hybrid like the Centaur character. I’d like the setting to be apocalyptic/steam punk. Just my thoughts.

You haven't put much thought into this have you?

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You haven't put much thought into this have you?

Not really.

#2758 5 years ago

Purple martin possibilities
Batman 66 - purple bird
Jaws - sheriff's name is Martin
007 - Aston Martin
Angry bird (oh god) - the trailer for angry birds
2 is about a purple bird
Superman - it's a bird, it's a plane

Other possibilities include
-it's nothing at all
-stern employees are trolling us

#2759 5 years ago

If I'm being REALLY optimistic...
Marty Mcfly

#2760 5 years ago

Prince!!!

#2761 5 years ago

Prince is out, next music pin will be Lawrence Welk

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Prince is out, next music pin will be Lawrence Welk

Who ?

#2763 5 years ago

A-one, and a-two, and...no, no that would be terrible. I'm out on that.

#2764 5 years ago

LE models will have Bubble machine toppers !

#2765 5 years ago

I still want Mad Max. Plenty of good guys and bad guys to choose from. Great theme, so many multiball choices!

3690563A-E083-42AC-850E-53A64613307E (resized).jpeg3690563A-E083-42AC-850E-53A64613307E (resized).jpeg72AEF656-74BD-48BA-90EC-7477682C439B (resized).jpeg72AEF656-74BD-48BA-90EC-7477682C439B (resized).jpeg005A59F0-2673-45E5-A78F-F965E5E5F131 (resized).jpeg005A59F0-2673-45E5-A78F-F965E5E5F131 (resized).jpeg8660F08F-9432-4C1A-A47C-3E5F56967217 (resized).jpeg8660F08F-9432-4C1A-A47C-3E5F56967217 (resized).jpegAF1E3CE3-2298-4863-BB10-E7B6ACE3FA44 (resized).jpegAF1E3CE3-2298-4863-BB10-E7B6ACE3FA44 (resized).jpegD05C394D-4C73-4DDF-860C-5E6337F1C221 (resized).jpegD05C394D-4C73-4DDF-860C-5E6337F1C221 (resized).jpegEF9C247C-26FC-40A9-873D-6DE7B875F9BF (resized).jpegEF9C247C-26FC-40A9-873D-6DE7B875F9BF (resized).jpegF3D605ED-A06C-4D9A-B20D-BDD97253BB83 (resized).jpegF3D605ED-A06C-4D9A-B20D-BDD97253BB83 (resized).jpeg
#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I still want Mad Max. Plenty of good guys and bad guys to choose from. Great theme, so many multiball choices![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree mad max would be pretty sweet.

#2767 5 years ago

Mad Max would be pretty cool theme..

I personally would like :
Goonies
JAWS
Van Halen / DLR VH

Not sure anyone else would want it but Voltron could be a great theme. Transformation muiltball. Imagine the light show!

Dragons Lair.

93B9AEFD-5A00-4FD9-8538-F11C3F626C79 (resized).jpeg93B9AEFD-5A00-4FD9-8538-F11C3F626C79 (resized).jpeg
#2768 5 years ago

considering last year we got Deadpool, Beatles, Iron Maiden, and the Primus re-theme... I don't think we'll get a music pin this year. 2017 was Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, and Aerosmith. This year we so far have The Munsters. Let's say Stern does 2 more machines this year, I feel like we'll get a movie, and something comic related. For comics, I'd be down for Wonder Woman since the old WW machine got canned way back. You also have the 2018 success of Black Panther, Aquaman, Infinity War, Venom, Teen Titans Go, Spider-Verse... So, perhaps they'll do one based off one of 2018's successes

#2769 5 years ago

Latest podcast from special K says he's been told the next three are

Black Knight 3k / Steve Richie next game

Jurassic World

JAWS (BE as the designer)

All I know is if the last two are true, I'm very excited. Coupled with GnR from jjp and this could a fantastic year for Pinball.

#2770 5 years ago

BK3K is as close to a sure thing LE for me as you can get.

Anything "Jurassic" is a likely pass unless it is really, really good.

Anything BE designs will interest me down the road, especially Jaws or early Bond/Connery. If it's SM78, no thanks.

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic World
All I know is if the last two are true, I'm very excited. Coupled with GnR from jjp and this could a fantastic year for Pinball.

I agree JAWS and GNR makes for a great year!!

#2772 5 years ago

Do bk3k justice and make it Sam/dmd...the parts are there.

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic World

Would love a Jurassic theme in my collection.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic World

Definitely some very interesting predictions. Steve Ritchie’s last game with stern? Is he retiring, going to another company or staying with Stern?

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I agree. I love JP but it's just too simple and feels.... well....like a DE game. I just hope they make it more JP than JW if you know what I mean.

Jaws with Brian E is my pin of the year if true. I can only imagine how sick that game will be. Brian gets how to make a game fun, not too simple but not overly complex but best of yet....could he be the first to give new Stern games the one thing their missing.....the "it" factor that so many of his had in the 90s.

It might be my first LE....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Steve Ritchie’s last game with stern? Is he retiring, going to another company or staying with Stern?

I do not think Steve will be retiring anytime soon-pinball is in his blood. I also think he will stick with Stern even with certain constraints. People keep saying it is his 'last one' and it will be his 'masterpiece'. I have heard this for Star Trek, Star Wars, and now BK3000. His 'masterpiece' is STTNG and it likely will never be de-throned. He is my favorite designer and I am in the SRP club. Looking forward to many future titles from Steve.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not think Steve will be retiring anytime soon-pinball is in his blood. I also think he will stick with Stern even with certain constraints. People keep saying it is his 'last one' and it will be his 'masterpiece'. I have heard this for Star Trek, Star Wars, and now BK3000. His 'masterpiece' is STTNG and it likely will never be de-throned. He is my favorite designer and I am in the SRP club. Looking forward to many future titles from Steve.

I enjoy his games too, probably my favorite designer. I’m sure he still has some interesting ideas yet to be made. Hope he’s not retiring anytime soon.

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic World

The latter two need to feature a ball eating head - Dino, Jaws. Wonder if Ritchie’s BK3M will feature a jousting mode that incorporates a ball eating black knight helmet? Stern would be 3-baller in 2019.

3-baller is defined - when a pinball manufacturer releases three games that incorporate a ball eating head mechanism in one calendar year. Stern will be attempting to become the industry’s first 3-baller in 2019.... plus it is always nice to be recognized as a bmf. First leg of the race is MGC - stay tuned.

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

His 'masterpiece' is STTNG and it likely will never be de-throned

I much prefer the newer Star Trek pin the STTNG - I think the new one is the better pin. But to each his own

#2780 5 years ago

who's going to code the next stern pin?

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Mad Max would be pretty cool theme..
I personally would like :
Goonies
JAWS
Van Halen / DLR VH
Not sure anyone else would want it but Voltron could be a great theme. Transformation muiltball. Imagine the light show!

Dragons Lair. [quoted image]

I think Voltron would make a fantastic pin, the new series or the old series would be really awesome, the different lions could be collected for voltron multiball or wizard mode or something

#2782 5 years ago

I watched all the Jaws movies on Netflix this weekend (and another shark flick called the shallows)
There are so many elements that could lend themselves to pinball and I love Brian Eddy games so fingers crossed.

Game over = you're gonna need a bigger boat

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any ideas what this could be? I googled purple martin. It's a bird.

20190220_083730 (resized).jpg

Martin Lawrence played in the movie Black Knight
Deep Purple did the song Black Night

Mysterious

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I think Voltron would make a fantastic pin, the new series or the old series would be really awesome, the different lions could be collected for voltron multiball or wizard mode or something

Voltron rights are a disaster. There's an ongoing feud between the Japanese owner and the US licensee. Seems the Japanese accidentally gave the US a perpetual license way back when and the Japanese company is trying to nullify it. No one sane should wade into that battle.

#2785 5 years ago

I’m still waiting for a Men in Black pin....

#2786 5 years ago

Perhaps “My Little Black Pony 3000?”

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I watched all the Jaws movies on Netflix this weekend (and another shark flick called the shallows)
There are so many elements that could lend themselves to pinball and I love Brian Eddy games so fingers crossed.
Game over = you're gonna need a bigger boat

My only concern with Jaws would be how "Graphic" the art, modes and scenes are. I don't want rated G. If Stern must continue with G rating games I hope they consider ADULT settings Please

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My only concern with Jaws would be how "Graphic" the art, modes and scenes are. I don't want rated G. If Stern must continue with G rating games I hope they consider ADULT settings Please

I agree with adult settings but I really don’t think a Jaws pin would be any more graphic than say a Jurassic themed pin.

In all honesty, though the movie is an all time classic, it really wasn’t that graphic. It was premised more on fear (and a lot of red water).

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Iron Maiden has eddie ripping an extra ball out of his bloody chest and splattering the screen. I don't think that will be a problem. You can turn it down in settings on Iron Maiden, as I'm sure you'll be able to on Jaws, too.

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Buy a jurassic park. It is the most underrated top 100 pin out there. People are slowly beginning to realize how great it is, however. Prices are climbing. Get one before it gets too high.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden has eddie ripping an extra ball out of his bloody chest and splattering the screen. I don't think that will be a problem. You can turn it down in settings on Iron Maiden, as I'm sure you'll be able to on Jaws, too.

I recall reading the original Eddie EB graphic for Maiden was toned down/changed.
I did not see the original so unsure on this.

The concern to me for Jaws would be graphic restrictions. To be a killer title BE has to create the atmosphere. If any one can do it Eddy is the man.
Shark scenes might be considered too graphic, that's all.

The thing is with Jaws there is gonna be some blood.

Wizard mode will be wild !

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgj1 (resized).jpgj1 (resized).jpgj3 (resized).jpgj3 (resized).jpg
#2792 5 years ago

It doesnt have to follow the Munsters and batman 66 by having mostly stock footage. Maybe they pepper in original animations harking back to dmd days. They did a good job on iron maiden and deadpool so far

#2793 5 years ago

Original clips for JAWS .

I would also like it if they used original old school art for JAWS also.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

who's going to code the next stern pin?

Tim on lead.

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It doesnt have to follow the Munsters and batman 66 by having mostly stock footage. Maybe they pepper in original animations harking back to dmd days. They did a good job on iron maiden and deadpool so far

Munsters pinball used 3D CG to create munsters scenes that never existed in the series. It's not pretty, but they did it.

#2796 5 years ago

Sure hoping an original Steve Richie table is next and being shown at TPF. Any rumors bearing that out?

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure hoping an original Steve Richie table is next and being shown at TPF. Any rumors bearing that out?

Stern doesn't announce new games at TPF. They show off and promote their most recent games that are already in production. New announcements (like last year's Iron Maiden) come later. This is smart, as it lets the dust settle from their competitor's announcements, then Stern announces a new game that actually starts shipping.

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

but Silent Screams is one of my favorite songs Halford sings on

That song and CD rules!

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Voltron rights are a disaster. There's an ongoing feud between the Japanese owner and the US licensee. Seems the Japanese accidentally gave the US a perpetual license way back when and the Japanese company is trying to nullify it. No one sane should wade into that battle.

Oh geeze, I had no idea what a mess

#2800 5 years ago

Steve Ritchie’s next pin or fake pic?

E0C5CCD2-D3A8-441E-B577-E31D1E7185D7 (resized).jpegE0C5CCD2-D3A8-441E-B577-E31D1E7185D7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/56?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.