Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 935.
#28352 1 year ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Public knowledge just spotted on
San Diego Comic Con site.
[quoted image]

Can Ozzy read or write? I honestly thought he had so few brain cells left from years of heavy drug use, he waa basically a vegetable at this point.

#28353 1 year ago

Oh yeah? Well…We’ll talk when more Stranger Things come off the line. Like…never.

Quoted from Mattyk:

Nothing you said was a fact. So there’s that

#28354 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Two straight music pins would be a colossal miscalculation on their part

How so? Rock pins sell very well and Stern is in the business to make money.

#28356 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can Ozzy read or write? I honestly thought he had so few brain cells left from years of heavy drug use, he waa basically a vegetable at this point.

Ozzy is a cool dude.
Ozzy or Sabbath pin would be EPIC

#28357 1 year ago

#28358 1 year ago

Venom with Ozzy music could be a tempter!

#28359 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ozzy is a cool dude.
Ozzy or Sabbath pin would be EPIC
and you can suck my dick !

593F220A-D836-4CFC-945D-0867FC1299C3 (resized).jpeg593F220A-D836-4CFC-945D-0867FC1299C3 (resized).jpeg
#28360 1 year ago

$100 donation to Project Pinball if I'm wrong.

Stern will announce a new "non-cornerstone" game in the next 2 weeks. Specifically a Venom pin.

Why?

Stern has floor space at at the San Diego Comic Con and is sharing that space with "Rebellion Republic".

https://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/cci22/goExpo/floorPlan/viewFloorPlan.php?ei=528&zb=3721

The last time Stern had space at the Sand Diego Comic Con it was in 2019 when the Stern Space was physically inside the "Star Wars space" see post 3968 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/80#post-5098330 They launched the Star Wars home Pin about this time (+/- a week). Stern also launched their next Cornerstone game, Jurassic Park, about a month after the announcement of the Star Wars Home Pin.

The timeline for this lines up perfectly with Stern announcing their cornerstone pin next month, which they have publically announced they will do.

I am not super familiar with Venom (I though it was the comic book character until I opened the Rebellion Republic site" https://rebellionrepublic.com/

What I am not sure on is if this will be a Venom "Home Pin" or something more limited yet in the same form factor like the "Heavy Metal" pin. My money is on the latter.

So, we will get a new non-cornerstone Venom Pin from Stern, most likely a Venom "Heavy Metal" style premium price in a mostly Home Edition pinball body in the next 2 weeks, no later than 24 July.
venom (resized).pngvenom (resized).png

Well, looks like Knapp arcade beat me to it.

#28363 1 year ago

With the previous talk of Steamboat Willie and public domain it makes me wonder if someone would ever entertain the idea of a Three Stooges pin. I cannot promise you that'd I buy it but I'd sure as hell play it.

#28364 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you just cite a source whose source is this very thread?? Well done!!

LOL - this is how your create reality

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Venom with Ozzy music could be a tempter!

My thoughts exactly

Quoted from Daditude:

Venom doesn't interest me either

Same but I said the same about Godzilla and I was wrong

#28365 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$100 donation to Project Pinball if I'm wrong.
Stern will announce a new "non-cornerstone" game in the next 2 weeks. Specifically a Venom pin.
Why?
Stern has floor space at at the San Diego Comic Con and is sharing that space with "Rebellion Republic".
https://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/cci22/goExpo/floorPlan/viewFloorPlan.php?ei=528&zb=3721
The last time Stern had space at the Sand Diego Comic Con it was in 2019 when the Stern Space was physically inside the "Star Wars space" see post 3968 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/80#post-5098330 They launched the Star Wars home Pin about this time (+/- a week). Stern also launched their next Cornerstone game, Jurassic Park, about a month after the announcement of the Star Wars Home Pin.
The timeline for this lines up perfectly with Stern announcing their cornerstone pin next month, which they have publically announced they will do.
I am not super familiar with Venom (I though it was the comic book character until I opened the Rebellion Republic site" https://rebellionrepublic.com/
What I am not sure on is if this will be a Venom "Home Pin" or something more limited yet in the same form factor like the "Heavy Metal" pin. My money is on the latter.
So, we will get a new non-cornerstone Venom Pin from Stern, most likely a Venom "Heavy Metal" style premium price in a mostly Home Edition pinball body in the next 2 weeks, no later than 24 July.
[quoted image]

Well, looks like Knapp arcade beat me to it.

Ok, so Stern is working with a t shirt company to release a pin for Venom, the 70s British metal band...

I mean, they're doing the ape game, so I'm not gonna say no, but I dont think this would be a mass produced pin...

Can we just do another run it Maiden instead??

#28366 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok, so Stern is working with a t shirt company to release a pin for Venom, the 70s British metal band...
I mean, they're doing the ape game, so I'm not gonna say no, but I dont think this would be a mass produced pin...
Can we just do another run it Maiden instead??

To be fair... if they were going the Heavy Metal route and just making a premium in a reskinned Homepin... all they would need is art. Who better than a T-Shirt company for that.

#28367 1 year ago

“Lay down your souls to the gods Rock 'n' Roll!!!
Metal tenfold through the deadly black hole
Riding Hell's stallions bareback and free
Taking our chances with raw energy”

Stern will never make anything as cool as a venom pin. But it’s fun to pretend.

#28368 1 year ago

But what about McFarlane and Ozzy?

Is the booth now:
Stern pinball
Ozzy
McFarlane(toy maker who happened to create venom)
Rebellion Republic (band merch company who happens to have Venom the band on their website)

I dont think this is true, so which booth is stern really at??

#28369 1 year ago

Whatever the next Stern title is ...
either buy it or don’t.
No reason to get all worked up over it.

#28370 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

either buy it or don’t.

Wait wasn’t the internet invented for people to get worked up over stuff?

#28371 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I just can’t upvote someone that won’t support me getting my Stranger Things machine! How can you hurt my feelings like that?

Got to learn someday, life is cruel!

#28372 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

either buy it or don’t.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Wait wasn’t the internet invented for people to get worked up over stuff?

partially invented so (or maybe just one if its best features is) that people separated geographically could connect over common interests!
This particular forum is about people who like pinball machines. I mean really, really like pinball machines.
In fact, there is a whole thread centered on speculation of what the next pinball machine will be. That's pretty much all they discuss in that particular thread...

#28373 1 year ago

On their latest merchandising post I see the 3 most recent Stern cornerstones, and a random comic art Spider-man…dropping more hints?!?!?

Yeah I’m reaching…

918AF074-56D0-4CD6-B985-F08BC9119EC3 (resized).jpeg918AF074-56D0-4CD6-B985-F08BC9119EC3 (resized).jpegA54860DF-7641-497A-8C99-5D9017A7F21D (resized).jpegA54860DF-7641-497A-8C99-5D9017A7F21D (resized).jpeg
#28374 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

On their latest merchandising post I see the 3 most recent Stern cornerstones, and a random comic art Spider-man…dropping more hints?!?!?
Yeah I’m reaching…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Reaching for sure but I would love to buy an old Spiderman. So fun!

#28375 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

That article is using this forum as a source. We’re stuck in a speculation loop

gUt9j9e.gifgUt9j9e.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28376 1 year ago

It's venom and a cornerstone. We all knew it was being worked on, just didn't know the timing. Not sure it could be more obvious at this point. But anything is possible, I suppose.

#28377 1 year ago

Honestly I'm cool with any pin that doesn't spark my interests for a bit, my wallet needs to cool down and recover a bit.

#28378 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

It's venom and a cornerstone. We all knew it was being worked on, just didn't know the timing. Not sure it could be more obvious at this point. But anything is possible, I suppose.

Dumb newb ? What is a cornerstone pin?

#28379 1 year ago

Venom pinball machine is a unlikely thing to see. If I even saw a homebrew I'd flip out.

That's about as likely as A Christian Rock band pinball honoring Petra, Micheal W Smith or Carmen ( the Pin )

#28380 1 year ago

Jack Danger just said in his thread that he will be at Comic Con and will be streaming.

#28381 1 year ago

Coming Soon.

ecece5e21e60b844a845f0ae7c3bde03 (resized).pngecece5e21e60b844a845f0ae7c3bde03 (resized).png
#28382 1 year ago

Would empty my wallet for a Futurama pin

#28383 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Dumb newb ? What is a cornerstone pin?

Cornerstones are games that get the usual Pro, LE, Premium treatment. One-offs or boutique games like Heavy Metal, The Pabst Can Crusher, and even Batman 66 (Premium) / Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) are considered non-cornerstone.

#28384 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

either buy it or don’t.

I feel like you don't know how pinside works, let alone this thread....

#28385 1 year ago

Venom would be a great Pin if based off the books & not those garbage movies!!

DhRV_9OU8AAKJzj (resized).jpegDhRV_9OU8AAKJzj (resized).jpeg
#28386 1 year ago

How could they do a Venom game not based on Movies? The cost of animating the segways would be prohibitive. You'd end up with a powerpoint or 'Aerosmith' quality segways. Though I kinda miss my Aersomith pin

#28387 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The last time Stern had space at the Sand Diego Comic Con it was in 2019 when the Stern Space was physically inside the "Star Wars space" .

Stern also has had ballrooms at the Marriott with a lot more space the last few years.

#28388 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How could they do a Venom game not based on Movies? The cost of animating the segways would be prohibitive. You'd end up with a powerpoint or 'Aerosmith' quality segways. Though I kinda miss my Aersomith pin

They literally did Deadpool comics when there were live action movies happening. That is your "How could they?"

#28389 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've done animation & yes it's not for folks with weak stomachs; that being said as long as they don't need to create the assets I believe they could do some fun custom animations. Example ball save you see Venoms tongue go across the screen. The animations BTW don't need to be stellar for the Pin to be great it just needs to support a Design System that's cohesive towards the brand. Look at Iron Maiden IMO the animations are okay.

But man if they do it off the movie I'm out!! Sony really should sell off the rights to Disney & do Venom right!! Sorry but the Venom movies were terrible the only redeeming quality was the CGI but story & characters were most uninspired IMO a big fat fail!!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 3.24.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-12 at 3.24.35 PM (resized).png
#28390 1 year ago

VENOM YESSSSSSSSSS

#28391 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Reaching for sure but I would love to buy an old Spiderman. So fun!

One for sale on Kijiji

#28392 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Sorry but the Venom movies were terrible the only redeeming quality was the CGI but story & characters were most uninspired IMO a big fat fail!!! [quoted image]

Even though I know Stern would never do this, it would be funny if they made an alternate translite or LE version featuring a female Venom. That was the best part of the movie version was seeing She-Venom.

qJYVokYifX7dYafEpDZgrc (resized).jpgqJYVokYifX7dYafEpDZgrc (resized).jpg

#28393 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

One for sale on Kijiji

I know, thanks.. I'm thinking about it.

#28394 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I know, thanks.. I'm thinking about it.

I have Spider-Man Black, awesome game! Almost bolted to the floor! Worth every penny!
I need to get hold of the HO train club to make the buildings for me. The others don’t look right.

#28395 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

But what about McFarlane and Ozzy?
Is the booth now:
Stern pinball
Ozzy
McFarlane(toy maker who happened to create venom)
Rebellion Republic (band merch company who happens to have Venom the band on their website)
I dont think this is true, so which booth is stern really at??

Every other year there have been 3 pins at the Heavy Metal booth. Plus about 20 or so machines at the Marriott.

#28396 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Even though I know Stern would never do this, it would be funny if they made an alternate translite or LE version featuring a female Venom. That was the best part of the movie version was seeing She-Venom.
[quoted image]

lol was this after maximum Carnage personally I'd like to just see Venom; I'm thinking left side Eddie Brock & complete right side Venom... Base the pin of of Venom Lethal Protector.

But I'm 99.9% sure it's going to be Jaws next anyways

#28397 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

But I'm 99.9% sure it's going to be Jaws next anyways

#28398 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I have Spider-Man Black, awesome game! Almost bolted to the floor! Worth every penny!
I need to get hold of the HO train club to make the buildings for me. The others don’t look right.

You don’t like the ones back alley does? I have a set on my BSM and really like them. You have to remove them to lift playfield but mine also use Velcro to hold in place. The biggest detriment are the roof is not detailed out too interesting. They made a custom set for me with damaged windows and roof stuff. In worst case they are already made to fit and they can be modified further. Can’t get to it to take a pic.

#28399 1 year ago

I feel like they look too big. I also want a little more detail in them. I might get the back alley ones depending upon how much the train guys charge. I also bought a different train. Stole the idea from the Spider-Man thread.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You don’t like the ones back alley does? I have a set on my BSM and really like them. You have to remove them to lift playfield but mine also use Velcro to hold in place. The biggest detriment are the roof is not detailed out too interesting. They made a custom set for me with damaged windows and roof stuff. In worst case they are already made to fit and they can be modified further. Can’t get to it to take a pic.

#28400 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

How so? Rock pins sell very well and Stern is in the business to make money.

They have said they won't do two rock pins in a row.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/568?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.