Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 938.
#28251 1 year ago

Muppets are so outdated now. My kids didn’t even care when we took them to the 3d muppets show at Disney.

#28252 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Muppets are so outdated now. My kids didn’t even care when we took them to the 3d muppets show at Disney.

Is Jaws dated? BTTF? Who holds the purse strings to buy and majority play the machines? Old, yes... Irrelevant? No.

#28253 1 year ago

If using a Disney asset maybe Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway for a good homepin. Fun ride with flashy artwork and cutscenes for different modes.

#28254 1 year ago

Years from now when Stern goes out of business, they will give a tour before closing the doors forever, and there in the corner will be the finished prototype of the next cornerstone which will never be placed on the line....... BTTF.

LOL!!!

#28255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Years from now when Stern goes out of business, they will give a tour before closing the doors forever, and there in the corner will be the finished prototype of the next cornerstone which will never be placed on the line....... BTTF.
LOL!!!

Then you'll look closer and realize it's just still-leftover WWE-LE stock.

#28256 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No assets for Jaws would be a huge loss. Without them it’s not Jaws. Roy Schneider, Richard Dreyfuss, and Robert Shaw made Jaws what it was.

Have to agree,

However KME and Stern Pinball will make it work.

Guessing same/similar approach as KME's JP.

#28257 1 year ago
71nSvqxWuoL._SL1280_ (resized).jpg71nSvqxWuoL._SL1280_ (resized).jpg
#28258 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

What's that even supposed to mean?

I think it means.

No BTTF this year

And Not From Stern if it does happen.

#28259 1 year ago

Stern will take a page from JJPs release of Toy Story 4. They will create a 007 pin but it will be Lashana Lynch as 007.

#28260 1 year ago

I'll put $3 in for a Doctor Strange re-skin of Iron Maiden!

#28261 1 year ago

Or better yet, get ahead of the game and do a Clea re-skin of Iron Maiden

645650812c9ecf0c05fe520d3b1faa47--clea-marvel-marvel-art (resized).jpg645650812c9ecf0c05fe520d3b1faa47--clea-marvel-marvel-art (resized).jpg
#28262 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If using a Disney asset maybe Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway for a good homepin. Fun ride with flashy artwork and cutscenes for different modes.

I would be in on one in a second. Our family loves the new Mickey and the ride as well

#28263 1 year ago

You know I hadn't really considered it before but a Micky The Mouse pin would be hard to resist.

#28264 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You know I hadn't really considered it before but a Micky The Mouse pin would be hard to resist.

Probably do well for family arcades and family home use.

#28265 1 year ago

The topper would write itself. Mouse ears of course!

#28266 1 year ago

The premium they could do what they did with the Munsters and use a black and white color scheme.

#28267 1 year ago

Steamboat Willy era Mickey will be public domain in about 18 months.

#28268 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Steamboat Willy era Mickey will be public domain in about 18 months.

I think Disneys lawyers are going to have something to say about that one.

#28269 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I think Disneys lawyers are going to have something to say about that one.

Unless they can get the copyright law changed AGAIN (very unlikely, it's already ridiculously long because of Disney), they have no say in the matter as long as only that era Mickey design is used (newer Mickey art is still covered). Copyright expires and Steamboat Willy Mickey is public domain on Jan 1, 2024.

#28270 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I'll put $3 in for a Doctor Strange re-skin of Iron Maiden!

Is the maiden layout really that good? I only ask as I have only ever played maiden at shows and I just never gel with it at all from w shots/layout point of view. Theme kills it flat for me visually, but the layout looks great on paper I’ve just never had much fun with it.

#28271 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless they can get the copyright law changed AGAIN (very unlikely, it's already ridiculously long because of Disney), they have no say in the matter as long as only that era Mickey design is used (newer Mickey art is still covered). Copyright expires and Steamboat Willy Mickey is public domain on Jan 1, 2024.

Ha yeah figured they would just keep fighting tooth and claw

#28272 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is the maiden layout really that good?

I don't have that much experience with it either, but it did impress me as quite unique and as Keith Elwin's entry table somewhat historical. I just feel of all the modern stern it is most loved on design and most divisive on theme so a good candidate for re-skin.

#28273 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Have to agree,
However KME and Stern Pinball will make it work.
Guessing same/similar approach as KME's JP.

If anyone can do it. But to be fair the dinosaurs in JP stole the show not the actors.

#28274 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Ha yeah figured they would just keep fighting tooth and claw

Unless there's some infringement of newer mickey art, a judge is just going to dismiss any copyright claim on a public domain property. They have nothing to argue. 95 years of protection is enough.

#28275 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If anyone can do it. But to be fair the dinosaurs in JP stole the show not the actors.

True we all remember the T-rex that ate the dude off the toilet. How many actually remember the characters name?

#28276 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

True we all remember the T-rex that ate the dude off the toilet. How many actually remember the characters name?

Snack.

#28277 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Keith Elwin's entry table somewhat historical. I just feel of all the modern stern it is most loved on design and most divisive on theme so a good candidate for re-skin.

Yup, bring this on please Stern Pinball

Screenshot_20220711-092641_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220711-092641_Google (resized).jpg
#28278 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The topper would write itself. Mouse ears of course!

Nah. The topper would be a flat plastic and just say “Mickey Mouse” right over the backglass that says “Mickey Mouse”, right over the left speaker which has a small “Mickey Mouse” edition badge… which is of course over the playfield which says “Mickey Mouse” on it, on top of the “Mickey Mouse” apron… which of course is over the front decal (I’ll let you imagine what it says on it).

#28279 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yup, bring this on please Stern Pinball
[quoted image]

Is this the game and the code name is Bond?

#28280 1 year ago

You have to love some peoples creativity.

30E8CE2F-054E-482A-82FB-C0A159375680 (resized).jpeg30E8CE2F-054E-482A-82FB-C0A159375680 (resized).jpeg
#28281 1 year ago

Even if someone could commercially produce a Mouse pin without Disney licensing, they would never so much as glimpse the reflection of another license Disney controls after that

Quoted from PinMonk:

#28282 1 year ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

Even if someone could commercially produce a Mouse pin without Disney licensing, they would never so much as glimpse the reflection of another license Disney controls after that

Well, that goes without saying. But not all pin manufacturers need a Disney property. I could see AP doing it. It could be very successful.

#28283 1 year ago

Could a Steamboat Willie pin be made? As in the title and all the source material could be used? I am aware of the homebrew btw. That would be so cool!

#28284 1 year ago

Just ran into this sign today. Omen, maybe?? Oh...and not referring to the men/ladies sign, though that could be an interesting theme itself.

PXL_20220710_225155180.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220710_225155180.MP (resized).jpg
#28285 1 year ago

Maiden layout is fantastic. Maybe Keith's best. And that's saying something.

#28286 1 year ago

Could a Steamboat Willie pin be made? As in the title and all the source material could be used? I am aware of the homebrew btw. That would be so cool!

So there is a catch with using public domain Mickey Mouse that would probably keep it from getting made. Disney would likely tie a company up in litigation long enough to make it not worth it.

“You can use the Mickey Mouse character as it was originally created to create your own Mickey Mouse stories or stories with this character. But if you do so in a way that people will think of Disney – which is kind of likely because they have been investing in this character for so long – then in theory, Disney could say you violated my trademark.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/03/mickey-mouse-disney-copyright-expiry

#28287 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So there is a catch with using public domain Mickey Mouse that would probably keep it from getting made. Disney would likely tie a company up in litigation long enough to make it not worth it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/03/mickey-mouse-disney-copyright-expiry

Theoretical, at best. I think the sheer volume of Steamboat Willie products hitting the market in 2024 will make it impossible to hassle everyone taking advantage of its public domain status. And after a few court rulings go all the way (against Disney), that approach will be closed off to them.

#28288 1 year ago

Any word on when they will release bond? End of this month?

#28289 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Theoretical, at best. I think the sheer volume of Steamboat Willie products hitting the market in 2024 will make it impossible to hassle everyone taking advantage of its public domain status. And after a few court rulings go all the way (against Disney), that approach will be closed off to them.

Easy fix - start the game and a serious sounding narrator says: This Steamboat Willy mouse has nothing to do with Disney, so don't even think about it.

Profit!

#28290 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The court rulings may go against them eventually, but really they just need to tie it up and make the litigation lengthy and prohibitively expensive that would impact the profitability of any product made

#28291 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Any word on when they will release bond? End of this month?

They have a booth (#3721) at Comic Con Jul 21-24, so an announcement there with release in August might be a reasonable timeline. They're sharing the booth with Rebellion Republic that reps Dirty Donny, but also...Venom (the band).

https://rebellionrepublic.com/products/categories/bands/
2022 Comic-Con Stern (resized).jpg2022 Comic-Con Stern (resized).jpg

#28292 1 year ago

I think the copyright is ending soon on it?! I can’t remember when I read about it? Even still if they ever want to work with Disney they would be smart to stay away from any of it.

#28293 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The court rulings may go against them eventually, but really they just need to tie it up and make the litigation lengthy and prohibitively expensive that would impact the profitability of any product made

If entrepreneurs take the Scientology vs IRS approach and just bury Disney with thousands of them releasing products on the public domain item, it will be cost prohibitive for even Disney to pursue it. It's how Scientology got the IRS to classify it as a religion. Bombed the IRS with a million lawsuits from their members and said they'd tell them to stop once the IRS caved, and IRS did.

#28294 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They have a booth (#3721) at Comic Con Jul 21-24, so an announcement there with release in August might be a reasonable timeline. They're sharing the booth with Rebellion Republic that reps Dirty Donny, but also...Venom.
https://rebellionrepublic.com/products/categories/bands/[quoted image]

I hope your right. I’d rather see venom then bond.

#28295 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

All this talk about a car mech...the next Stern must be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Or, Taxi Driver?

#28296 1 year ago

Any guesses as to what this might be referring too?

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg
#28297 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They have a booth (#3721) at Comic Con Jul 21-24, so an announcement there with release in August might be a reasonable timeline.

Stern has big things planned for Comic Con

#28298 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Stern has big things planned for Comic Con

1,000lb Sisters pin?

Do they have another booth in the hall? The one in the convention center they're sharing is REALLY small.

#28299 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Any guesses as to what this might be referring too?
[quoted image]

Pinball Brothers Queen according to Kman.

#28300 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Disney sucks now anyway. The Happiness Hotel would be a great theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/566?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.