Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 941.
#28151 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've never heard of those movies. Were they any good. I see The Rock will take any role.

I didn't mind them , good actors , hot chicks , lots of action , don't take them to seriously , popcorn movies .

#28152 1 year ago

Speaking of irrelevant , Hellboy could be awesome , just for the artwork alone .

IMG_20220707_234946 (resized).jpgIMG_20220707_234946 (resized).jpg
#28153 1 year ago

Tenacious D would be the greatest pin in the world.

453774AA-74E8-44B7-ABA6-8B0ED7F90927 (resized).jpeg453774AA-74E8-44B7-ABA6-8B0ED7F90927 (resized).jpeg
#28154 1 year ago
Blade-Runner-2-16x9-1 (resized).jpgBlade-Runner-2-16x9-1 (resized).jpg
#28155 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Tenacious D would be the greatest pin in the world.

Tenacious D could make for an amazing theme, especially with custom call outs. And I think it would have wide appeal to fans and non-fans alike if done with the Alice Cooper/Weird Al-style approach.

#28156 1 year ago

truly the Pin of Destiny

#28157 1 year ago

Fair enough…maybe it’s just that I don’t like GI Joe. I don’t remember those films making much of a splash. Also…I don’t have a Munsters on location so I think my head is fine. But thanks for your concern haha

Quoted from jpd632:

I'd be all for a Joe pin, but not based on these. Give me GI JOE: A Real American Hero all day long.

Kind of weird that your pins are in a pizza shop that is based on 80's nostalgia yet you didn't know that there have been 3 Joe films in the last 10 years.
They totally make Joe action figures to this day in Providence (believe it or not), IDW still publishes monthly Joe comics, Its been 10 years since they had a cartoon NOT 30.
If you really think Munsters is more current that GI Joe you need your head examined.

#28158 1 year ago

Please Please - Do a Stranger Things Vault - With Season 4
Make the - lighting kit part of game..

Must Have Eddies's Metallica Solo mode. Totally could knock it out of the park... Shooting orbits and collecting 'kills'

You would be printing money with a Premium Only Vault and some updated images.

I'll take one at current pricing model. Site unseen.

#28159 1 year ago

Stern won’t renew the license and vaults are a thing of the past with the backlog and chip shortage. Cleland is making a code update now with music and callouts from season 4. That’ll do it for me.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Must Have Eddies's Metallica Solo mode.

#28160 1 year ago

With the Stern Insider.. Is it even possible to do the 'Reworked' material and still be Insider Connected?

#28161 1 year ago

Must Have Eddies's Metallica Solo mode. Totally could knock it out of the park... Shooting orbits and collecting 'kills'

I wish but sadly - game and license will not be back.

#28162 1 year ago

Dune. Please, Dune. I'll keep saying it and spreading this rumor in the hopes that somebody, somewhere has the light bulb go off and realize, "hey! That's a great pin theme!"

#28163 1 year ago

Stern shot their load on stranger things way too soon. Season 3 and season 4 especially is one of the best seasons, Murray, Yuri and others are brilliant characters. Murray and Hopper could have done call outs.

#28164 1 year ago

I'd be happy with another run of the same ol' Stranger Things Premium myself.

Quoted from kool1:

That's what they said about AC/DC, both regular and Luci editions. Do I think it is probable? No, but given past history it is at least possible.

#28165 1 year ago

Yes

With the Stern Insider.. Is it even possible to do the 'Reworked' material and still be Insider Connected?

#28166 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

That's what they said about AC/DC, both regular and Luci editions. Do I think it is probable? No, but given past history it is at least possible.

Anything is possible. I would likely buy one also if it came.

I am surprised how short the license was.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28167 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern shot their load on stranger things way too soon. Season 3 and season 4 especially is one of the best seasons, Murray, Yuri and others are brilliant characters. Murray and Hopper could have done call outs.

Call 618-625-8313 (in the US) if you want to hear Murray's answering machine. I'm sure somebody has put the recording on YouTube or somewhere if you are unable to call.

#28168 1 year ago

The pizza place has a phone message as well

Quoted from Grantman:Call 618-625-8313 (in the US) if you want to hear Murray's answering machine. I'm sure somebody has put the recording on YouTube or somewhere if you are unable to call.

#28169 1 year ago

August release is what I was told today. We will see.

Hopefully JAWS, BTTF or Bond!

#28170 1 year ago

Most importantly I hope Stern does not walk the same plank JJP did with price increases on Toy Story 4 . It is hard to lower your price point down after you set it on the moon.

#28171 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Most importantly I hope Stern does not walk the same plank JJP did with price increases on Toy Story 4 . It is hard to lower your price point down after you set it on the moon.

Stern's price will be interesting. I am not sure TS4 sold as well as hoped.

The market has cooled.

#28172 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pretty sure a price increase will come with the next cornerstone, hope I am wrong though as prices are getting to the point I’m priced out.

#28173 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think Stern is realizing the prices have likely topped out. The problem is with inflationary pressures, they will be tempted to raise prices again.

Pinball companies may be at a crossroads as inflation takes its toll and people pull back on large purchases, particularly those of a recreational nature like pinball machines. The coming months and releases will tell but I predict a slowdown.

#28174 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Agreed. The license for whatever reason ended quickly. I doubt we see it again.

#28175 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I'd be all for a Joe pin, but not based on these. Give me GI JOE: A Real American Hero all day long.

Kind of weird that your pins are in a pizza shop that is based on 80's nostalgia yet you didn't know that there have been 3 Joe films in the last 10 years.
They totally make Joe action figures to this day in Providence (believe it or not), IDW still publishes monthly Joe comics, Its been 10 years since they had a cartoon NOT 30.
If you really think Munsters is more current that GI Joe you need your head examined.

All. Of. This.

#28176 1 year ago

If there is any way atll humanly possible on this planet to make an Eddie Rocks Mode it would be epic!

It was an epic scene and would be completely epic in the pin with the scene up on the screen while the song plays and you have to survive through the entire thing, hit a shot to get into the trailer and survive.

Totally badass.

#28177 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Dune. Please, Dune. I'll keep saying it and spreading this rumor in the hopes that somebody, somewhere has the light bulb go off and realize, "hey! That's a great pin theme!"

I watched Dune as a kid and was confused AND bored.

I watched the new one on a plane, twice, and was almost as bored and only slightly less confused.... And then it ended.

I can't think of any good reason to try and make modes, shots, or a layout from that movie.

I wanted it to be good and it was just.... A movie on a plane to waste time. Twice.

#28178 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I wanted it to be good and it was just.... A movie on a plane to waste time. Twice.

Dune is a movie? IMHO, it's the best SciFi book ever written.

#28179 1 year ago

Is it too much to hope for a Dungeons and Dragons pin? Roll for initiative!

#28180 1 year ago

Keith is obviously wearing a Fish Tales t-shirt. You can tell he is pointing at the FT topper out of respect for one of the best toppers ever.

What does it mean? Fish Tales 2: Revenge of the Monster Fish - Stern [2022].

#28181 1 year ago

I can't wait for the next cornerstone it feels like it's been forever since Rush dropped.

Stern has been smart about hiring diehard pinheads, Elwin Sharpe Rayday Timballs Danger. I hear they all help out with ideas to improve everyones builds. It really shows, they've been killing it the last few years.

#28182 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Stern's price will be interesting. I am not sure TS4 sold as well as hoped.
The market has cooled.

TS4 release kind of reminded me of lastminute.dot.com, if anybody remembers that in the tech crash in around 2000.

Prices for new games, especially TS4 are ludicrous.

At this point I am seriously wondering if my NIB days really are over.

Stern pros represent most value for money but they keep going up as well!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28183 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Seems stupid to increase price "because JJP is doing it". "Yes... let's be like JJP and have potential buyers yell at us and not buy our pins also!" Pretty sure undercutting your competition is a good thing. If Stern keeps premiums under $9k (with Pros even more appealing), Stern is eating JJP's lunch. 5-digits is certainly the breaking point for most people. It leaves very little reason to buy a JJP unless you're a whale who just wants to show off or you literally already have a shrine at home for the theme. Hard to believe in JJP's future after this.

#28184 1 year ago

I hope one day stern makes a pinball from the show "the boys" that would be amazing...or Pokemon would be awesome too.

#28185 1 year ago

I tried so hard to like either of the Dune films but I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just not for me. The new one is a Well shot film but I just couldn’t connect with it.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

I watched the new one on a plane, twice, and was almost as bored and only slightly less confused.... And then it ended.
I can't think of any good reason to try and make modes, shots, or a layout from that movie.

#28186 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think Stern is realizing the prices have likely topped out. The problem is with inflationary pressures, they will be tempted to raise prices again.
Pinball companies may be at a crossroads as inflation takes its toll and people pull back on large purchases, particularly those of a recreational nature like pinball machines. The coming months and releases will tell but I predict a slowdown.

Stern is a business and if their costs go up and they don't think they are temporary increases they will have to raise prices. They can't operate at a loss.

The good news is we are seeing some commodity and transport costs falling a little so hopefully they can hold the line. I have a feeling we will still see some increases soon though.

#28187 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Stern is a business and if their costs go up and they don't think they are temporary increases they will have to raise prices. They can't operate at a loss.
The good news is we are seeing some commodity and transport costs falling a little so hopefully they can hold the line. I have a feeling we will still see some increases soon though.

Can't imagine there won't be a price increase on the next cornerstone.

Especially after TS4 prices.

I remember talking to Jack in 2012 and he told me it was his goal to have lower prices than Stern games, but with more mechs.

Fast forward to 2022

#28188 1 year ago

Still want Jaws, Masters of the Universe (filmation of course), Witcher, BTTF, GI Joe would be awesome too. I'd love some horror themes but doubt that's happening from Stern. Harry Potter would be amazing...

#28189 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Still want Jaws, Masters of the Universe (filmation of course), Witcher, BTTF, GI Joe would be awesome too. I'd love some horror themes but doubt that's happening from Stern. Harry Potter would be amazing...

It doesn't even have to be a real licensed Harry Potter machine... how about Hairy Plopper... about... well..

#28190 1 year ago

So are we pretty sure it’s BOND next..

My distributor has changed the rules of pre order!

£1000 non refundable on “the next Stern LE”
If it’s not BOND or BTTF then i’m SOL and will either loose deposit or have to buy the next game…

This is nuts!

#28191 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

If it’s not BOND or BTTF then i’m SOL and will either loose deposit or have to buy the next game…
This is nuts!

I’m a fan of this business move. Probably annoying going down the list to see who want it or who want to pass. Opens up spots for some others ready to buy. Hard to go wrong if you’re in the market for a pin right now. Venom, Bond, BTTF all good themes. If a music pin was on the horizon, it’d be risky

#28192 1 year ago

Next stern Pin Speculation:

Rock Themes:

Sub-Pop: ( screw single artist do a bunch hit a bunch of moving targets vs one ) - https://www.subpop.com/artists/list
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon!
Yes
Freedom Rock ( Hey Man is that Freedom Rock.. we'll crank it up Man, Classic Rock Jukebox featuring every band that doesn't really need a pin. )

Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke ( Dispensary Market is huge ) Put a Hedora in there for easter egg.
"Hey Man is the car moving... let's see your license.. it's on the Bumper Mannnnnn "

Drum & Bass ( Huge market put this in a club with huge SubWoofer mech )

Metalheads ( This would be huge in most of Europe ) -https://www.metalheadz.co.uk/home - Make a Mix with Orbits.....
Goldie vs Grooverider

Gary Stern The Pin ( Lots of existing artwork should be all things Gary )

#28193 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I get that but they would be wise to hold the line if possible. More price increases are inevitably going to negatively impact sales of future pins.

We are headed into a recession IMO and many are increasingly stretched thin just paying for necessities like food and gas. Just economic reality.

#28194 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I get that but they would be wise to hold the line if possible. More price increases are inevitably going to negatively impact sales of future pins.
We are headed into a recession IMO and many are increasingly stretched thin just paying for necessities like food and gas. Just economic reality.

Agree. But no one buying any NIB pin is going to stretched thin buying food and gas.

#28195 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree. But no one buying any NIB pin is going to stretched thin buying food and gas.

I think you'd be surprised. Even if they don't, it doesn't mean buyers aren't going to pull back at these prices. I know I'm on the fence on current pricing and am likely out on NIB with any additional increases.

#28196 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yup. Fuck Dune.

#28197 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Dune is a movie? IMHO, it's the best SciFi book ever written.

This doesn't mke the case for it to be a pinball machine better.

In fact, I would think the best sci Fi book of all time that is completely gutted by multiple horrible movies would not make the cut.

But now I want to read the book!

#28198 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is nuts!

Who's we?

#28199 1 year ago

Has the Red Hot Chilli Peppers ever been rumored ? I would love to see this pin made and can’t wait to see them in August .I’ve been taking my 13/14 year olds to shows and usually get the cheaper seats but this night I’m going all out .They have to be close to 100 mil albums sold plus they’re big all around the world.Seems like a recipe for success .What say you !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/564 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.