20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 562 of 942.
#28051 1 year ago

Anyone know if Franchi is doing any stern work. In one of his most recent SAPS podcasts(from May) he mentions we are going to be seeing a ton of Franchi pinball work 'shortly'.

#28052 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

We have to look at more than movies tho!
GI JOE should be the front runner.

Well I believe a cartoon G.I. Joe pin would be very interesting. A G1 transformers with Cullen and Welker has more global appeal and probably more nostalgia in general.

#28053 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone know if Franchi is doing any stern work. In one of his most recent SAPS podcasts(from May) he mentions we are going to be seeing a ton of Franchi pinball work 'shortly'.

No , he said he won't be doing any work for Stern anymore .
Artwork is coming from Chicago coin and American Pinball , if I remember correctly .

#28054 1 year ago

Yes!

Quoted from Ecw0930:We have to look at more than movies tho!
GI JOE should be the front runner.

#28055 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1980,1989&title_type=feature

Ha ha. Looking at that list, some great ones in there. But Blue Lagoon at #9? I guess people just want to see underage Brooke Shields ass. LOL

#28056 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

He burned that bridge pretty hard, so no, at least not anytime soon. CGC seems to be his main gig now, but maybe some AP stuff, too?

#28057 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah , that list is irrelevant , Back to the Future beats Top Gun in everyone of their stats .
And Blue Lagoon is in the top 10 , Brooke Shields is hot as hell , but really .
[quoted image]

Blue Lagoon was terrible.

#28058 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Blue Lagoon was terrible.

That's an insult to the word terrible.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28059 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn right brother. I will most likely buy a Premium. Normally would be happy with a Pro but I will have enough money saved for a Premium so that's probably what I will buy.

Bro after all this chatter of you willing a BTTF into existence I'd throw up if you got a pro.

#28060 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Bro after all this chatter of you willing a BTTF into existence I'd throw up if you got a pro.

If it's Kapow (as it likely is) there is no Pro. The Premium is the Pro in a Prem/LE/SLE lineup.

#28062 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't remember if the SLEs came first for Batman '66. I DO remember that there was basically no code in it for about 18 months. You could see the entirety of the game code in about 20 minutes or less. It was just a cheap money grab. The pinstriping on the lockdown bar that looked so nice was actually not pinstriping at all, but die-cut vinyl stickers that came off from the warmth of your hand within a few dozen plays. The beautiful foil cabinet art with relief started delaminating on mine around the shooter plate. Stern didn't have any spares for warranty claims, they said. So, tough luck on your $15k defective pin. Everything about how that pin was handled was a dumpster fire for almost two years, and the cabinet never got fixed.

I’m curious then. If the differences between SLE and LE were cosmetic and were x, and the differences between the LE and the premium were cosmetic and were y …. which model do you wish you had bought?

I bought the BM66 prem and like the entire package, just as it is presented. The premiums were definitely run after the SLE’s and LE’s. For $6.7k delivered, I could live without the topper. I’m pretty sure the premiums were $6.3k at first, but soon jumped to $6.7k level. Street pricing was in effect and the world was running amuck with craziness.

#28063 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1980,1989&title_type=feature

That should be Stern's "to-do" list

#28064 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's Kapow (as it likely is) there is no Pro. The Premium is the Pro in a Prem/LE/SLE lineup.

I would almost certainly heed your advice on the SLE too.

#28065 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’m curious then. If the differences between SLE and LE were cosmetic and were x, and the differences between the LE and the premium were cosmetic and were y …. which model do you wish you had bought?

None. I wish I had waited 3 years and got a used Prem with all the software, or maybe the catwoman edition (what, 2 years later?) NIB. The LE/SLE topper was a waste, it looked neat, but didn't DO anything. GoT and Black Knight toppers destroyed it.

#28066 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Lmmfao. Don't worry man. I will most likely be buying the Premium (that may end up being the entry level anyway). It just seems like the majority of the time I really prefer the art on the Pro. I am sure the art will be great on all 3 tiers. Usually can't justify the cost of the Premium but this time it's different...this time it's BTTF!

#28067 1 year ago

With all the backlog , I smell a big stinky turd coming .Reminds me of Welk dung .

#28068 1 year ago

In case your wondering ,he stopped by my house to take a 2 on his last church parking lot tour .

#28069 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I am 1000000% in on a BTTF pin. Day 1

Me too, unless there are cake toppers involved...

#28070 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Me too, unless there are cake toppers involved...

They couldn't fuck up the BTTF pin bad enough that I wouldn't buy it. I do hope the DeLorean mech is cool and not problematic. I do hope we get all the movies assets including all the Huey Lewis and the News and ZZ Top songs. I do hope it's under $10,000. No matter what I will be buying one and it will be the greatest day in the history of pinball (for me).

#28071 1 year ago

They couldn't fuck up the BTTF pin bad enough that I wouldn't buy it. I do hope the DeLorean mech is cool and not problematic. I do hope we get all the movies assets including all the Huey Lewis and the News and ZZ Top songs. I do hope it's under $10,000. No matter what I will be buying one and it will be the greatest day in the history of pinball (for me).

Data East did a pretty great job making a terrible BTTF pin. Literally one of the worst they did. Probably THE worst if TMNT wasn't holding that spot in the Data East hall of fame.

History is our guide. It can be made to suck.

#28072 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Data East did a pretty great job making a terrible BTTF pin. Literally one of the worst they did. Probably THE worst if TMNT wasn't holding that spot in the Data East hall of fame.
History is our guide. It can be made to suck.

And I would buy a DE BTTF in a second if a nice one popped up close at a good price. Wish I would have bought one when they were like $3500.

#28073 1 year ago

Mechs? In a Stern that’s not an Elwin? Lol

#28074 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Mechs? In a Stern that’s not an Elwin? Lol

I have heard rumors of a car mech in an upcoming Stern (don't remember where). Suppose it could be a car in the rumored Bond pin. We shall see. I don't need any mechs though. Just need the BTTF art, music, and good code and it's all good gravy. Anything else is just icing on the cake. You know you're a buyer either way. It will kill on location.

#28075 1 year ago

I just hope if they do bttf they have full assets of all 3 movies not do a bttf 3 because license was too expensive. Like jjp did for toy story 4. I would love a bttf trilogy pinball.

#28076 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I just hope if they do bttf they have full assets of all 3 movies not do a bttf 3 because license was too expensive. Like jjp did for toy story 4. I would love a bttf trilogy pinball.

Pretty sure we are getting all 3 movies. I would be ok with just the first one though (though i would prefer all 3). 1st BTTF pin was all 3 movies. There is zero chance we get 2 or 3 without 1.

#28077 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Prem/LE/SLE so Kapow gets their cut with the inflated pricing they bring.
All I can say after buying a NIB Batman '66 SLE is the SLE level is a total and utter ripoff. Stern didn't even stock enough SLE parts for defective/warranty claims. Never again.

Do you still have the SLE? Was my pops favorite show so I’ve wanted to upgrade my premium

#28078 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Top Gun No 1 There's at least 20 films in that list that are better than Top Gun.
I'm bias though cause i always thought Tom was/is a flog
I reckon Blade Runner should be at the top!!

Blade Runner....now ya talking!

#28079 1 year ago

And I would buy a DE BTTF in a second if a nice one popped up close at a good price. Wish I would have bought one when they were like $3500.

“I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season... put some money on the Cubbies!”

#28080 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Do you still have the SLE? Was my pops favorite show so I’ve wanted to upgrade my premium

No. Bailed on it in year 2-ish. When there was no code that first 18 months, tried to unload it for like $12k with zero takers. Once the code started getting attention was able to do a trade + cash that put the sale at just a little less than the original $15k purchase price.

These days with complete code and crazy pinflation, the Batman '66 SLE is probably worth $22-25k, but I still would never get an SLE again. It's just not worth it for the low effort Stern puts into making it special.

#28081 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Blade Runner....now ya talking!

Bladerunner (original) would be outrageous as a pinball. Kill the replicants etc, shooter rod could be the blaster. And imagine the soundscape of that movie in the game!! Holyshit, I would be in like Flynn if that ever happened.

#28082 1 year ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Bladerunner (original) would be outrageous as a pinball. Kill the replicants etc, shooter rod could be the blaster. And imagine the soundscape of that movie in the game!! Holyshit, I would be in like Flynn if that ever happened.

I'd preorder that!

#28083 1 year ago

The Boys badly needs a pin! This 3rd season has been absolutely brilliant, funny in all sorts of dark ways.

#28084 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season... put some money on the Cubbies!”

What did you say

#28085 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Well I believe a cartoon G.I. Joe pin would be very interesting. A G1 transformers with Cullen and Welker has more global appeal and probably more nostalgia in general.

Transformers already has a machine. I know they redo them, but not that close together.

GI JOE has never officially had one and nostalgia would be there . I agree with you it would be interesting for sure!

Let's make it happen. Go JOE!

#28086 1 year ago

Jonny Quest, 1960’s version would be great. Using Turu the Terrible, the Dr. Zin spider, the Invisible Monster, etc. I would buy that in a heart beat

#28087 1 year ago

Holding out for a BTTF, it it's not in the next 2 sterns I'll probably jump back into the used market.

Honestly I don't even know what half of these 80's movies/cartoons people on here are referencing. Bond, BTTF, Ghostbusters, Top Gun are all great, most other 80s stuff is pretty stale at this point (sorry but this definitely includes Jaws, although the pin could be fun).

#28088 1 year ago

Blade Runner would be so cool. Stern could do something like Stranger Things with the projector to show some stuff from the movie.

BMR_LEC_260816Blade_02.jpgBMR_LEC_260816Blade_02.jpg
#28089 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Holding out for a BTTF, it it's not in the next 2 sterns I'll probably jump back into the used market.
Honestly I don't even know what half of these 80's movies/cartoons people on here are referencing. Bond, BTTF, Ghostbusters, Top Gun are all great, most other 80s stuff is pretty stale at this point (sorry but this definitely includes Jaws, although the pin could be fun).

Jaws is 70s unless JJP gets the liscence for Jaws 3 or 4..lol

#28090 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

The Boys badly needs a pin! This 3rd season has been absolutely brilliant, funny in all sorts of dark ways.

I feel like that’s a Spooky IP all day long…

#28091 1 year ago

I have heard rumors of a car mech in an upcoming Stern (don't remember where). Suppose it could be a car in the rumored Bond pin. We shall see. I don't need any mechs though. Just need the BTTF art, music, and good code and it's all good gravy. Anything else is just icing on the cake. You know you're a buyer either way. It will kill on location.

I absolutely hate that people are ok with a lower BOM and a higher price. Seriously, keep this to yourself, dont let "them" know how badly you are willing to get effed.

#28092 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I absolutely hate that people are ok with a lower BOM and a higher price. Seriously, keep this to yourself, dont let "them" know how badly you are willing to get effed.

I think you overestimate how much power we have. Our opinions, our actions...they don't care. Sterns gonna Stern brother.

#28093 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Funny you say that Karl Urban (Butcher) is a huge fan of pinball. Im sure he would be keen to help out.

#28094 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Top Gun No 1 There's at least 20 films in that list that are better than Top Gun.
I'm bias though cause i always thought Tom was/is a flog
I reckon Blade Runner should be at the top!!

Yeah I agree. Blade Runner would be awesome

#28095 1 year ago
Quoted from Jace:

Yeah I agree. Blade Runner would be awesome

Or Fast times at Ridgemont High Spicoli - Stoner 10 ball multiball

#28096 1 year ago
sddefault (resized).jpgsddefault (resized).jpg
#28097 1 year ago
IMG_20220703_220726 (resized).jpgIMG_20220703_220726 (resized).jpg
#28098 1 year ago
77DDC681-1B0C-44D1-BCC6-90C78B1EE803 (resized).jpeg77DDC681-1B0C-44D1-BCC6-90C78B1EE803 (resized).jpeg
#28099 1 year ago
Quoted from zatname:

Funny you say that Karl Urban (Butcher) is a huge fan of pinball. Im sure he would be keen to help out.

The callouts. Oi! c-nt!
I am in!

#28100 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220703-135715_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220703-135715_Instagram (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 10.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 562 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/562?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.