enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 561 of 923.
#28001 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Never knew about the Obsorne effect. I wonder how it works when releasing a new title. Is it better to announce then wait a week to take orders or is it better to take orders a few hours after it drops (like you announce the game at noon, then open orders at 3pm)

Ideally you would want to be able to take and ship orders as soon as its announced. Less time to think about and second guess your purchase.

#28002 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Stern totally dropped the ball on this one.
No last call. No premiums built on the last production runs. No warning of it going OOP.
The game had two years of builds and almost all during a global pandemic. They should have said "we can't get projectors, thus we're pausing (not ending) production until 2023 for one last run. Put in an order now to lock a spot".
I'm not even sure they built more premiums after they released the topper. How crazy is that? This would sell better than Mando in this market for sure. Insane.
Still a little hopeful they will do a "final edition" for the release of the last season. Completely unlikely, but a limited run ala 40th would be so cool, and it would sell out.

Not sure if it was the case here, but I read somewhere that there are limited timelines with licenses so they may have had to end production even though they may not have wanted to.

#28003 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Id prefer the 12 inch Adventure Team line… Kung fu grip, Secret of the Mummies Tomb, Search for the Stolen Idol, White Tiger Hunt, Devil of the Deep.…hell look at the titles of the old sets. The modes are already named for you! . And the artwork on the old boxes is awesome…
Used to collect them in a past life…

I never got into those. I was a 3.75" collector and had probably the good majority of the Joe's back in the day. My kid is 11 and plays with them. We found a The General tank 99% complete that he loves.

Any way you cook it, GI JOE would be a totally kick ass, fully immersive, hard to screw up type of pin that I would probably make my first NIB purchase.

Someone talk to Gary Stern. Because the more you know....

#28004 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is really not a great pin. Had one. Not bad but not a keeper by any means for me.
AFM is much better and more fun.
Same layout (or very similar) but with much nicer flow than stth

I have both games and I think you have this backwards. STh got me through the pandemic since it was about the only game I played for an entire year. I'm thinking of selling my AFM. No way I'm letting go of STh.

#28005 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have both games and I think you have this backwards. STh got me through the pandemic since it was about the only game I played for an entire year. I'm thinking of selling my AFM. No way I'm letting go of STh.

Yeah I hear ya. It is definitely not a bad game, just not for me. Not a fan of the sounds in the game and the theme integrations did not work for me.
I wished the game had been done on the current season which is probably the best one of all, in my opinion.

#28006 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yeah I hear ya. It is definitely not a bad game, just not for me. Not a fan of the sounds in the game and the theme integrations did not work for me.
I wished the game had been done on the current season which is probably the best one of all, in my opinion.

If you're not happy with that stuff, then yeah...it'll buzzkill your enjoyment of the game. Did you try it with the Cleland sounds? That makes the game SO much better...

#28007 1 year ago

I wish I could have picked up a Stranger Things Pro NIB. Thought I had at least another year when it was pulled off the line. I assumed (wrongly) that every title was ran for at least 3 years.

#28008 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you're not happy with that stuff, then yeah...it'll buzzkill your enjoyment of the game. Did you try it with the Cleland sounds? That makes the game SO much better...

I've never seen the show, although I've been told I need to, but I would take it simply because it seems updated although AFM is obviously a legend. I thought the projector screens and other things would be really cool in a dark environment, which my house kind of is.

#28009 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Not sure if it was the case here, but I read somewhere that there are limited timelines with licenses so they may have had to end production even though they may not have wanted to.

That is true, while various licenses have different limitations, one they all have is a specific amount of time, like any branding the contract has a time period, if they want to continue it they will need to pay again…

#28010 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I wish I could have picked up a Stranger Things Pro NIB. Thought I had at least another year when it was pulled off the line. I assumed (wrongly) that every title was ran for at least 3 years.

Wish they could do another run. New season now so I'm interested in the theme again.

#28011 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:STh got me through the pandemic

Funny you say that-I was thinking the other day-Led Zeppelin LE got me through the pandemic. I know I say that but it really did help keep my spirits up and gave me some positive vibes during some dark days. To this day it has changed the way I listen to Led Zeppelin. When a song comes on-all I think about is jamming out on the game with flashbacks. Led Zeppelin Rocks the Casbah!

#28012 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Australians have been using the word freely since its probable emergence in the late 19th century as a nickname for English immigrants, a short form of pomegranate, referring to their ruddy complexions."

Don't know where you found that .
POM has always stood for Prisoner Of Mother England . Because we were founded by convicts .
We Shorten everything and don't bother with the E

#28013 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave: Rush still had hits in other countries too including Oz.

What ? I think you must be thinking of Hush

#28014 1 year ago
Quoted from Padrino:

That is true, while various licenses have different limitations, one they all have is a specific amount of time, like any branding the contract has a time period, if they want to continue it they will need to pay again…

For sure.

Quoted from screaminr:

POM has always stood for Prisoner Of Mother England . Because we were founded by convicts .

So English people are prisoners because they haven't escaped England?

I'm confused.

#28015 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Funny you say that-I was thinking the other day-Led Zeppelin LE got me through the pandemic. I know I say that but it really did help keep my spirits up and gave me some positive vibes during some dark days. To this day it has changed the way I listen to Led Zeppelin. When a song comes on-all I think about is jamming out on the game with flashbacks. Led Zeppelin Rocks the Casbah!

Let me clarify...STh got me thru the worst part of the pandemic. The 2020 lockdowns, etc. Once LZ came in 2021, I switched to that and have played the snot out of it. So yeah...we're in total agreement.

#28016 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

So English people are prisoners because they haven't escaped England?
I'm confused.

Prisoners were sent to Australia , to work and build the new colony , that's why they were known as Prisoners of mother England .

#28017 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What ? I think you must be thinking of Hush

Nope, but know this band too

#28018 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nope, but know this band too

Curious to know what hit they had over here

#28019 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Here in the USA, POM stands for:

4E8654DC-D041-4AE8-9D8E-5F7294172B8A (resized).jpeg4E8654DC-D041-4AE8-9D8E-5F7294172B8A (resized).jpeg
#28020 1 year ago

Next stern announcement has to be coming fairly soon if August is the production schedule. This next stern is seeming like more of a mystery than usual.

#28021 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Next stern announcement has to be coming fairly soon if August is the production schedule. This next stern is seeming like more of a mystery than usual.

It’s ok if they miss the production window because they can always go “back in time”

#28022 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s ok if they miss the production window because they can always go “back in time

Ballderdash !

#28023 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got it from a dictionary. Snopes.com says the acronyms are false:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pom-pilot/

Wikipedia also says the acronym explaining it is a false word origin and there are other like it that are also not correct:

"There are several folk etymologies for "Pommy" or "Pom". The best-documented of these is that "Pommy" originated as a contraction of "pomegranate". According to this explanation, "pomegranate" was Australian rhyming slang for "immigrant" ("Jimmy Grant"). Usage of "pomegranate" for English people may have been strengthened by a belief in Australia that sunburn occurred more frequently amongst English immigrants, turning those with fair skin the colour of pomegranates. Another explanation – now generally considered to be a false etymology – was that "Pom" or "Pommy" were derived from an acronym such as POM ("Prisoner of Millbank"), POME ("Prisoner of Mother England") or POHMS ("Prisoner of Her Majesty's Service"). However, there is no evidence that such terms, or their acronyms, were used in Australia when "Pom" and "Pommy" entered use there. Other theories are that it comes from the use of "pom-pom" guns by the British in the First and Second Boer Wars, from a corruption of "Tommy Atkins", or from "Pompey", a nickname for Portsmouth."

Hey! How about a snopes.com pinball machine? I bet the license is super-cheap!

See? I can keep this on track.

#28024 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s ok if they miss the production window because they can always go “back in time”

Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
#28025 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wikipedia also says the acronym explaining it is a false word origin and there are other like it that are also not correct:
"There are several folk etymologies for "Pommy" or "Pom". The best-documented of these is that "Pommy" originated as a contraction of "pomegranate". According to this explanation, "pomegranate" was Australian rhyming slang for "immigrant" ("Jimmy Grant"). Usage of "pomegranate" for English people may have been strengthened by a belief in Australia that sunburn occurred more frequently amongst English immigrants, turning those with fair skin the colour of pomegranates. Another explanation – now generally considered to be a false etymology – was that "Pom" or "Pommy" were derived from an acronym such as POM ("Prisoner of Millbank"), POME ("Prisoner of Mother England") or POHMS ("Prisoner of Her Majesty's Service"). However, there is no evidence that such terms, or their acronyms, were used in Australia when "Pom" and "Pommy" entered use there. Other theories are that it comes from the use of "pom-pom" guns by the British in the First and Second Boer Wars, from a corruption of "Tommy Atkins", or from "Pompey", a nickname for Portsmouth."

You won't win any trivia nights over here with those explanations .
I hope they don't go with the cartoon version for Back to the Future

IMG_20220630_065240 (resized).jpgIMG_20220630_065240 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28026 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I hope they don't go with the cartoon version for Back to the Future [quoted image]

As long as they don’t use cake toppers and charge 12k...

#28027 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What if crujones4life gets his wish and Stern makes a BTTF pin, but it's based solely on the Broadway musical version?

Quoted from screaminr:

I hope they don't go with the cartoon version for Back to the Future [quoted image]

Is was upset at Deadpool at release. Now it I one of my favorite pins. You never know.

#28028 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is was upset at Deadpool at release. Now it I one of my favorite pins. You never know.

Deadpool really sucked until somewhere in the 0.96 or so software updates where you could stack modes and Mechsuit multiball was added. Game blew up right there and just got better and better, but it was 3 sucky months until that magic started happening and then many more months to get all the goods.

#28029 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As a holder of pre social-media a marketing degree I've never used I'm going to strongly disagree with this statement and fully support Stern keeping their upcoming games secret.
One thing that was drilled into our heads was "the Osborne Effect".
There was a computer company back in the early 80s that launched a computer line of high end machines called "The Osborne 1". Half way through their product cycle the CEO said something along the lines of "wait until you see what we have in store for you with The Osborne 2... Orders for the Osborne 1 cratered as everyone saved their money for the Osborne 2. Sales slumped so much, the company did not have enough money to get the Osborne 2 off the ground, and the company went out of business.
Stern does not want present sales to compete with possible future sales.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

I can really relate to this post .I had ordered a Halloween on day one as I was really exited about the theme and the atmosphere it would bring to pinball.While in “the wait” I went out and played it on location knowing fully they were still working out issues .I came out feeling it didn’t shoot well ,but still was optimistic about being immersed in a true horror atmosphere .Then it happened .I seen a interview from a show where Bug and Luke swung the interview from Halloween to “how excited they were for the next title “. I could not believe what I just heard .People were patiently waiting for the current title to flesh out and they’re giddy over a future release .I couldn’t dump the order fast enough and not because I wanted the “next title”.I really like those guys and hope they learned a life lesson from this .This is exactly why I’m on the “keep it secret” team .I don’t want anything clouding my judgement when deciding on a big purchase such as pinball .The last thing I want to happen is skip a desired pin for a rumor then have the former hit .At that point, I’m either coughing up more $ to get it or I’ll just come to grips that I will never be able to afford one ie “pirates”.

#28030 1 year ago

I don't know why but I get a super strange feeling that a Muppets or Muppet Show pin is fast approaching.

#28031 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

As long as they don’t use cake toppers and charge 12k...

You know they're going to be charging 12k for a premium. Its the new baseline.

#28032 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Then it happened .I seen a interview from a show where Bug and Luke swung the interview from Halloween to “how excited they were for the next title “. I could not believe what I just heard .People were patiently waiting for the current title to flesh out and they’re giddy over a future release .I couldn’t dump the order fast enough and not because I wanted the “next title”.I really like those guys and hope they learned a life lesson from this .This is exactly why I’m on the “keep it secret” team .I don’t want anything clouding my judgement when deciding on a big purchase such as pinball.

If Spooky really IS doing a double release AGAIN after the disaster of Halloween/Ultraman, they have learned nothing and H/U will never be made right. I don't care if one of the next two is Scooby Doo, this strategy already failed and really burned their fanbase HARD. I can't imagine how they believe doing it again without fixing their mess on H/U will help them.

#28033 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I grew up with the belief that Pom’s were called that due to all the convicts and military getting here and finding out life just got better, not worse. So in fact the people stuck back in England were actually the prisoners. Hence the reversal in calling the English ‘poms’. Also ties in with the term “10 pound pom”

#28034 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I don't know why but I get a super strange feeling that a Muppets or Muppet Show pin is fast approaching.

E4480E8D-1410-453B-B6B8-70BEF240CC36 (resized).pngE4480E8D-1410-453B-B6B8-70BEF240CC36 (resized).png
#28035 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

I grew up with the belief that Pom’s were called that due to all the convicts and military getting here and finding out life just got better, not worse. So in fact the people stuck back in England were actually the prisoners. Hence the reversal in calling the English ‘poms’. Also ties in with the term “10 pound pom”

Literally every source I checked said the acronym explanations are fairly recent (only decades old) and not the actual source for the word. Lots of acronym versions, none of them are the origins. Not that I care. I looked initially because I didn't know what it meant. Now it seems there's even native confusion about the term origin.

#28036 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

That would be a $3000 increase...that's insane.

#28037 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Not going to happen because Stern is interested in being a company for more than the next couple of years.

#28038 1 year ago

I recall an older post that a BTTF by Stern would come out in August before the delay and post about less games this year. I am interested to see if a Stern BTTF is actually next. Wishful thinking!

#28039 1 year ago
Quoted from IPlay4Profit:

I recall an older post that a BTTF by Stern would come out in August before the delay and post about less games this year. I am interested to see if a Stern BTTF is actually next. Wishful thinking!

Yep. Craig Bobbie said Aug 2022 BTTF with Premium, LE, and SLE. That was before skipping the April game this year. I hope we see it next or by Jan 2023.

Edit-I also think a Pro, Premium, LE standard release makes way more sense with how popular the BTTF pin is sure to be. But what do I know?

#28040 1 year ago

Yep. Craig Bobbie said Aug 2022 BTTF with Premium, LE, and SLE. That was before skipping the April game this year. I hope we see it next or by Jan 2023.
Edit-I also think a Pro, Premium, LE standard release makes way more sense with how popular the BTTF pin is sure to be. But what do I know?

Crujones4life my next purchase will be a Stern BTTF LE or Premium not jumping on a SLE. We will see. Team BTTF for life! Thanks for keeping the dream alive man!

#28041 1 year ago
Quoted from IPlay4Profit:

Crujones4life my next purchase will be a Stern BTTF LE or Premium not jumping on a SLE. We will see. Team BTTF for life! Thanks for keeping the dream alive man!

Damn right brother. I will most likely buy a Premium. Normally would be happy with a Pro but I will have enough money saved for a Premium so that's probably what I will buy.

#28042 1 year ago

It's Prem/LE/SLE so Kapow gets their cut with the inflated pricing they bring.

All I can say after buying a NIB Batman '66 SLE is the SLE level is a total and utter ripoff. Stern didn't even stock enough SLE parts for defective/warranty claims. Never again.

#28043 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Prem/LE/SLE so Kapow gets their cut with the inflated pricing they bring.
All I can say after buying a NIB Batman '66 SLE is the SLE level is a total and utter ripoff. Stern didn't even stock enough SLE parts for defective/warranty claims. Never again.

I heard about the lack of replacement parts. Weren't the SLE made first? Then you get your expensive fancy pants pin before all the kinks are worked out. Hoping it's done the same way so they work out any potential problems with the DeLorean and Flux Capacitor mechs before I get my premium.

#28044 1 year ago

I heard about the lack of replacement parts. Weren't the SLE made first? Then you get your expensive fancy pants pin before all the kinks are worked out. Hoping it's done the same way so they work out any potential problems with the DeLorean and Flux Capacitor mechs before I get my premium.

I don't remember if the SLEs came first for Batman '66. I DO remember that there was basically no code in it for about 18 months. You could see the entirety of the game code in about 20 minutes or less. It was just a cheap money grab. The pinstriping on the lockdown bar that looked so nice was actually not pinstriping at all, but die-cut vinyl stickers that came off from the warmth of your hand within a few dozen plays. The beautiful foil cabinet art with relief started delaminating on mine around the shooter plate. Stern didn't have any spares for warranty claims, they said. So, tough luck on your $15k defective pin. Everything about how that pin was handled was a dumpster fire for almost two years, and the cabinet never got fixed.

#28045 1 year ago

Have no interest in BTTF at all. Could think of a thousand better 80s movies to base a pin on.

#28046 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Have no interest in BTTF at all. Could think of a thousand better 80s movies to base a pin on.

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1980,1989&title_type=feature

#28047 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...

Top Gun No 1 There's at least 20 films in that list that are better than Top Gun.
I'm bias though cause i always thought Tom was/is a flog
I reckon Blade Runner should be at the top!!

#28048 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Top Gun No 1 There's at least 20 films in that list that are better than Top Gun.
I'm bias though cause i always thought Tom was/is a flog
I reckon Blade Runner should be at the top!!

Yeah , that list is irrelevant , Back to the Future beats Top Gun in everyone of their stats .
And Blue Lagoon is in the top 10 , Brooke Shields is hot as hell , but really .

IMG_20220701_195901 (resized).jpgIMG_20220701_195901 (resized).jpg
#28049 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And Blue Lagoon is in the top 10 , Brooke Shields is hot as hell , but really .

Fast times at Ridgemont High is better than Blue Lagoon

#28050 1 year ago

We have to look at more than movies tho!

GI JOE should be the front runner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 561 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/561?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.