20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 942.
#27801 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I like boutique custom pins in small runs.
Any ways, whats the real next game? Are we on track for an elwin or some one else?

Don't think there'll be another Elwin for a while, I'd have thought Gomez, Eddy and Danger before Elwin

#27802 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Ehh not really. How many times game companies come out with a new game on the horizon. You dont say well I know Bethesda is releasing Elder scrolls 6 so Im not going to get Starfield. Lets just say their Sterns next games are Venom, BTTF and Bond. I couldnt care about Venom. Now BTTF if I know thats in the pipeline, I could start saving earlier and get a Premium instead of the Pro. You could easily have the upsale. I think Stern would have you pass on a Pro and you get a Pre/LE instead

The answer is cost and space. I can afford multiple $60 games (plus subscriptions, map packs, etc.) without blinking. But buying $30k + of new machines in a year is not attainable for most people. Then the space aspect is I can't have 20 of them at a time, maybe only 2-5 for most people. So you have to be selective.

#27803 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Ehh not really. How many times game companies come out with a new game on the horizon. You dont say well I know Bethesda is releasing Elder scrolls 6 so Im not going to get Starfield. Lets just say their Sterns next games are Venom, BTTF and Bond. I couldnt care about Venom. Now BTTF if I know thats in the pipeline, I could start saving earlier and get a Premium instead of the Pro. You could easily have the upsale. I think Stern would have you pass on a Pro and you get a Pre/LE instead

$60 games verse $10000 games, not the same.

#27804 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It would compete with their current offerings. (For example: I'll wait until Bond is released and not buy the other 3 sterns that are available even though I was considering Godzilla).

Yup. Google the Osborne effect.

Gary Stern is famous for answering “What’s your favorite pinball machine?” with whatever game is currently on the production line.

As much as I would like to know titles/timelines in advance I doubt we’ll ever see it from Stern or anyone else.

#27805 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

$60 games verse $10000 games, not the same.

People spend thousands on micro transactions. Why keep it a secret. I feel bad for anyone who bought a Rush without playing it.

Quoted from jfh:

Yup. Google the Osborne effect.
Gary Stern is famous for answering “What’s your favorite pinball machine?” with whatever game is currently on the production line.
As much as I would like to know titles/timelines in advance I doubt we’ll ever see it from Stern or anyone else.

I doubt they would tell us whats coming too. It would be nice to know. This is one of the only fields where they keep it secret till a week before it goes on sale. Could you imagine if car companies did this, just hide everything a week before you can pick one up

#27806 1 year ago

The most successful company in the history of the world (and with similarish price points) is super secretive and only announces hardware when it is ready to release.

#27807 1 year ago

Watching Stranger things season 4 episode 4 . Let's hope it is a sign not just a poster.

CD298A47-187E-4C8F-B5B1-ED5BDC2F017F (resized).jpegCD298A47-187E-4C8F-B5B1-ED5BDC2F017F (resized).jpeg
#27808 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I feel bad for anyone who bought a Rush without playing it.

Why? It's a fantastic game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27809 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Why? It's a fantastic game.

To each their own. They dropped the ball hard with Rush.

#27810 1 year ago

Does everything have to be so polarizing? Rush is pretty good, neither terrible nor outstandingly exceptional.

#27811 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I get the theme doesn't appeal to everyone, just like zeppelin or beatles, but dropping the ball seems a little exaggerated.

#27812 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

I get the theme doesn't appeal to everyone, just like zeppelin or beatles, but dropping the ball seems a little exaggerated.

the theme is not the problem. It’s the layout of the game. It is the ball launch that just drains it down the middle. It’s poor design that on scoop. I believe they rushed on Rush

#27813 1 year ago

It IS ok for games to just be 'good', or 'pretty decent'. Not every release has to be considered a masterpiece of all things within. Rush is.....a pretty decent game, and there is nothing wrong with that.

#27814 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

the theme is not the problem. It’s the layout of the game. It is the ball launch that just drains it down the middle. It’s poor design that on scoop. I believe they rushed on Rush

I have never had this happen. Someone set that game up poorly I think.

#27815 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

The scoop fix was simple that someone figured out pretty quickly by simply using rubber. The ball launch just needs to be tweaked with settings or pitch. These things can be hard for some people though. They shouldn't' own pinball machines.

#27816 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

The scoop fix was simple that someone figured out pretty quickly by simply using rubber. The ball launch just needs to be tweaked with settings or pitch. These things can be hard for some people though. They shouldn't' own pinball machines.

Agreed. I get SDTM shots maybe 1% of the time, but a simple nudge puts the ball into the pops. Current scoop fix is perfectly fine. But as others have said, minus the theme, this machine is pretty alright. For a fan, this machine is excellent.

#27817 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Your newbness is showing.

#27818 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It's a Pinside top 20 game and moving higher. I'd say you're in the minority view.

#27819 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Or worse yet - "I'm not into these next three Stern designs, perhaps I DO want that new JJP/CGC machine."

True - lots of folks thought they wanted Toys but that kinda blew up once it got revealed. Decent looking game but no where near the hype folks had for it.

#27820 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Yeah, a full plunge to the left orbit should land in the pops and a short plunge sets up the skillshot. Agreed that this is super annoying if the playfield isn't level, but it's not a fault of the design.

#27821 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's a Pinside top 20 game and moving higher. I'd say you're in the minority view.

No offense but if Rush is a top 20 game then those ratings don't mean a darn thing lol. Off to vote!

#27822 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No offense but if Rush is a top 20 game then those ratings don't mean a darn thing lol. Off to vote!

I wish Pinside would take the average and that would be a games score.

#27823 1 year ago

05254FFE-B94C-4085-A527-D948E22CF66B (resized).jpeg05254FFE-B94C-4085-A527-D948E22CF66B (resized).jpegAD39672E-FD99-4E73-BE6D-1FEFD6D3F872 (resized).jpegAD39672E-FD99-4E73-BE6D-1FEFD6D3F872 (resized).jpeg

6911A357-9545-4CDC-8D6E-2BDD93DF7843 (resized).jpeg6911A357-9545-4CDC-8D6E-2BDD93DF7843 (resized).jpeg
#27824 1 year ago

Next music pin Stern Pinball

So many angles/approaches this title can take,
A great opportunity with passionate design a little innovation and freedom/direct input from band, Megadeth could be awesome enough to rival GnR.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-dave-mustaine-flying-v-exp-rust-in-peace

#27825 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Your newbness is showing.

Its just a bad game. I know they are from your mother land of Canada and have to defend the machine. Next you are going to tell me that SCTV was better than SNL

#27826 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its just a bad game. I know they are from your mother land of Canada and have to defend the machine. Next you are going to tell me that SCTV was better than SNL

I'm sorry that you have awful taste and know nothing about setting up a pin. Maybe eventually things will turn around for ya there bud.

#27827 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

How was this kept under wraps. Stern is good.

#27828 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

SCTV is better than SNL.

#27830 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How was this kept under wraps. Stern is good.

Just a contract game bare reskin of the Heavy Metal layout with minor changes and a full color screen instead of DMD. Nothing to get too excited about unless you find Stern's "The Pin" line exciting. This is only 1/4 step above that because of the full Spike2 screen.

#27831 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just a contract game bare reskin of the Heavy Metal layout with minor changes and a full color screen instead of DMD. Nothing to get too excited about unless you find Stern's "The Pin" line exciting. This is only 1/4 step above that because of the full Spike2 screen.

Lol on some Facebook thread a "Karen" went totally off on this theme, which was kind of hilarious. For that reason alone, I'm in. Plus the art is kind of cool..

If i were rich...

#27832 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol on some Facebook thread a "Karen" went totally off on this theme, which was kind of hilarious. For that reason alone, I'm in. Plus the art is kind of cool..
If i were rich...

Meh. All these contract pins reek of cheapness (not price, quality). And who was pining for an NFT pinball theme? No one I know...

But the release timing is "perfect" with crypto crashing across the board and flatlining NFT sales the last few weeks.

#27833 1 year ago

Well there are a lot of people in this hobby who treat pinball like it’s investing in NFTs. Might as well make a game that REALLY caters to the flippers!

#27834 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its just a bad game.

If you say something like that you have to support that view and you haven't done that with any substance.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Well there are a lot of people in this hobby who treat pinball like it’s investing in NFTs. Might as well make a game that REALLY caters to the flippers!

Exactly. It's introduces pinball to a whole new group. Smart!

#27835 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. All these contract pins reek of cheapness (not price, quality). And who was pining for an NFT pinball theme? No one I know...
But the release timing is "perfect" with crypto crashing across the board and flatlining NFT sales the last few weeks.

Im not rich

For that reason, Im out!

#27836 1 year ago

Be careful out there! Pinball scam!

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-palm-beach-county/delray-beach/delray-beach-police-warn-of-pinball-machine-scam

B24700E4-7AA6-4B28-81D4-8621540200D0 (resized).jpegB24700E4-7AA6-4B28-81D4-8621540200D0 (resized).jpeg
#27837 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:To each their own. They dropped the ball hard with Rush.

Not an easy game for most, especially if you have no skill and just slap the ball around to keep it in play. I don’t think you’ve played enough pinball to say Rush is a bad game.

#27838 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220622-003834_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003834_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003902_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003902_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003934_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003934_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-004025_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-004025_Instagram (resized).jpg
#27839 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Suddenly pinball is dead to me.

#27840 1 year ago

A cartoon monkey pinball machine based on a trendy digital asset collection, and suddenly it's raining Karens. Pinballers are dead to me.

#27841 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

A cartoon monkey pinball machine based on a trendy digital asset collection, and suddenly it's raining Karens. Pinballers are dead to me.

It's about things you love. People here love BBTF, James Bond and Jaws. They love their favortite designers.

Noone "loves" NFT. Noone "loves" BOYC. Noone here ever asked for a BAYC game.

Maybe it is a a fun parody of a game and that'd be fine but it still is what is is, a cash grab opportunity that noone asked for.

#27842 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's about things you love. People here love BBTF, James Bond and Jaws. They love their favortite designers.
Noone "loves" NFT. Noone "loves" BOYC. Noone here ever asked for a BAYC game.
Maybe it is a a fun parody of a game and that'd be fine but it still is what is is, a cash grab opportunity that noone asked for.

I’d take the monkey game over any of those theme wise…pretty over the 50 year old crap of nostalgia and classic rock bands.

#27843 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’d take the monkey game over any of those theme wise…pretty over the 50 year old crap of nostalgia and classic rock bands.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27844 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

But as others have said, minus the theme, this machine is pretty alright. For a fan, this machine is excellent.

I think pretty alright is an apt description. The game was more fun than I thought it would be at first glance. I actually like it more than Turtles and think it shoots a bit better than GOTG (had TMNT, still have GOTG, I have a bit of a Borg problem). The left shot behind the drops is easier than the Yondu or Lair shots which was a nice surprise. I would happily take it any day over over a Led Zep.

#27845 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Took me 6 weeks to sell my Rush Premium for a loss of over $1k.

I think he is correct.

#27846 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I think he is correct.

That would be because there is NIB supply and more coming - not because it's a bad game.

Pinball is like any other market in the world, price is all about supply and demand.

#27847 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

That would be because there is NIB supply and more coming - not because it's a bad game.
Pinball is like any other market in the world, price is all about supply and demand.

Yep. This June run is the last RUSH run for the rest of the year so prices are about to be as low as they're going to get on the secondary market by the end of July. I'd bet by October, NIB is reselling for above MSRP and "used" is MSRP. Especially if/when a topper comes out or when code goes 1.0.

That is, of course, unless the new cornerstone eats RUSH's lunch. The new hotness almost always eats the old hotness's lunch unless the old hotness is GZ in which case it's a runaway nuclear reactor that ain't cooling off!

#27848 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I think he is correct.

In a "normal" pinball market you should never be able to sell a NIB for as much or more than you paid as long as they are still making them. Once they stop, the value will rise to what the market feels its worth and sit there. Current trends will not be the new normal. The other thing is even though you see all these games for sale you'll see tons of "wish you were closer" posts. Unless you live in a large population area, its still hard to move a pin unless its super popular or a rock bottom deal.

#27849 1 year ago

Its scary to see how gullible some people can be. It said in that story the scammer tried to collect 3k for a machine. It should be red flags when you see Pros going for around $7k then someone says hey I have a Pro $3000 NIB. That should set off alarm bells. I like to mess with the scammers and just waste their time. Then at least they can not be scamming others.

#27850 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'd bet by October, NIB is reselling for above MSRP and "used" is MSRP.

Flippers be like..

laughing-star-wars.giflaughing-star-wars.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/557?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.