balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 554 of 923.
#27651 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I think TS4 looks pretty cool. Too bad they don't make SE anymore. I'll never be able to afford one. I look forward to playing it though. Hoping to see Mando Topper tomorrow too. Not going to buy one, just anxious to see new pinball stuffs coming out finally.

No SE is a big mistake - a lot of arcades will pass on this due to cost. Good luck finding one to play somewhere.

Lots of poor decisions by JJ on this machine. It's too bad, it actually looks decent.

#27652 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

No SE is a big mistake - a lot of arcades will pass on this due to cost. Good luck finding one to play somewhere.
Lots of poor decisions by JJ on this machine. It's too bad, it actually looks decent.

I think we may have unceremoniously retired Pat on this one thanks for the memories! Now on to Stern looking fwd to BTTF 3 and JAWS 4!

#27653 1 year ago

#27654 1 year ago

I would love to see stern do Beastie Boys. This could lead to other things.

We need a Hip Hop pin that is marketable to everyone. Tribe Called Quest would be fun to.

Something that is Hits Baby Boomer - Gen X and pulls on some Millenial and Zs strings as well.

Beastie Boys ( NO Brainer ) -
Tribe Called Quesst
Wutang Clan
Eminem

One of those titles for next Music pin. Fo0Fighters (NO)
or my dream theme.

The House Crew ( Just do the label )
Do MetalHeads label and a Jungle / Breaks Theme - with expression lighting...

#27655 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Next Stern pin is JAWS fact!!

Really?
Any source?

#27656 1 year ago

Does strict Disney licensing mean Venom will be made off recent movie? Not sure if Disney owned Marvel when Deadpool was in development

#27657 1 year ago

With the new TS4 release from JJP. The bar is pretty low for Stern. Hopefully their next game is a good one.

#27658 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

With the new TS4 release from JJP. The bar is pretty low for Stern. Hopefully their next game is a good one.

Stern should absolutely announce the title right now. It would pull every last bit of wind out of TS4 sails/sales.

#27659 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I was actually going to buy a Mando since they had some in stock at Player One but I got nervous because they are in stock everywhere and if I don't like it I may have to sell at a loss.

Remember when selling at a loss was just a given?

#27660 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Stern should absolutely announce the title right now. It would pull every last bit of wind out of TS4 sails/sales.

It always nice to have competition because it makes you try to be better. Since this reveal Stern could re-release SHREK and it would be better than TS4

#27661 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Even a teaser image of a shark, venom eyes, bond vibe, flux capacitor would create so much buyers remorse

#27662 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Even a teaser image of a shark, venom eyes, bond vibe, flux capacitor would create so much buyers remorse

FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
#27663 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Does strict Disney licensing mean Venom will be made off recent movie? Not sure if Disney owned Marvel when Deadpool was in development

I do believe Sony has the rights to Venom. That's why Disney (Who owns Marvel) has to pay SONY to use Spiderman and Venom. I know it can get complicated on IP so I'm just making the assumption that the same thing applies to the commercial pinball licensing of such an IP.

#27664 1 year ago

Just this

719B63F3-0D6B-4978-9768-8E699B0A8361 (resized).jpeg719B63F3-0D6B-4978-9768-8E699B0A8361 (resized).jpeg
#27665 1 year ago

After the TS4 release I'm still so bitter and grouchy but have $15k sitting around waiting for a new pin.
I need Stern to hurry up that August schedule or at least leak some better details.
I'd love a Venom comic edition. Unsure on bond, but love GG's designs.
If Elwin designs "my little pony" I'm going to want that, but I imagine Elwin's next game will be the April release next year.

#27666 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I would love to see stern do Beastie Boys. This could lead to other things.

We need a Hip Hop pin that is marketable to everyone. Tribe Called Quest would be fun to.

Something that is Hits Baby Boomer - Gen X and pulls on some Millenial and Zs strings as well.

Beastie Boys ( NO Brainer ) -
Tribe Called Quesst
Wutang Clan
Eminem

I grew up listening to Rap/Hip Hop. I doubt they'd ever do Wu, Mobb Deep, Tribe, Eminem/D12, but I think Beastie Boys would be a great theme. I know that MCA had in his Last Will that he didn't want his likeness or any of his music to be used for commercial purposes, so I hope that doesn't effect the chances of a BB pin.

#27667 1 year ago

maybe JJP did TS4 because Stern is sitting on the license for 1-3....

#27668 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

maybe JJP did TS4 because Stern is sitting on the license for 1-3....

An Elwin designed orginal toy story....

#27669 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I grew up listening to Rap/Hip Hop. I doubt they'd ever do Wu, Mobb Deep, Tribe, Eminem/D12, but I think Beastie Boys would be a great theme. I know that MCA had in his Last Will that he didn't want his likeness or any of his music to be used for commercial purposes, so I hope that doesn't effect the chances of a BB pin.

Doesn't stop a homebrewer.... Just sayin

#27670 1 year ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

An Elwin designed orginal toy story....

Think Toy Story has officially Jumped to the Shark. How do you not have Woody, Buzz and Slinky Dog on a game.

Keep Elwin on what Elwin's on.. Give him free reign.. Dude's has the Midas touch now. He should have like a Mil + contract with
LE (Gold leaf) edition of Godzilla. Wonder what the final sales of Godzilla vs Toy stoy or GNR look like.

Wonder if Godzilla outsold GNR? Wonder what #s are on that. That game is epic should hit 'Adam's Family' #s.

#27671 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm still so bitter and grouchy but have $15k sitting around waiting for a new pin.

so your saying your in a Nashtyfunk?

#27672 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Still feel ripped off seeing that one...
Franchise killer...

It is what I is. 4/5 good bond movies for Daniel craig

#27673 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That didn't take long
[quoted image]

I'm a big movie guy. I've seen both.
Maverick is quite a good movie...MUCH better than I was expecting. Jurassic world was crap...and believe me...I WANTED it to be awesome. It was all talk and no action...almost like watching "The View" with an occasional dinosaur sighting.

#27674 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Remember when selling at a loss was just a given?

I do but then I left the hobby for a while and came back to it in 2019 so I forgot lol

#27675 1 year ago

If I could just chime in briefly here,
I would like to give a huge thank you to KME and team Stern Pinball for making the magic happen.

The world is really fucked up now in soooo... many ways, but when I turn on KME's Godzilla, life is good

The game give a smile to my dial on many levels, makes me switch off from life's difficulties.

Again, thanks KME and all the incredible team at Stern pinball that make the most awesome escape from all the bullshit.

The FUN formula is a winner, so thank you.

You guys are awesome !

20220615_175348 (resized).jpg20220615_175348 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27676 1 year ago

Sometimes I am thankful I am a Stern fanboy

Yesterdays JJP reveal did not even get me excited whatsoever. I will admit JJP games do not do it for me but I really scratch my head at the direction these games are heading towards. First of all the lighting or rainbow lights? What is the deal with the side lights that look like the lights on the bottom of a lowrider vehicle? Do people actually like these lights? I find them annoying while playing and was hoping they would not continue after GNR had them. I said the same with Stern's expression lights-they were good for Zep but that's enough imo. Then the big Ipad they added on PF. I don't know maybe I am too old school but I feel it is out of place. All of the new cars have a giant computer screen and I still have not gotten used to that either(passed on two vehicle purchases because of size of screen).

I do like that Lawlor busted out some elements of his old games. The spinning disc, pop ups, and ramp/hole in one shot from No Good Gophers and the LCD from Dialed In. The theme does not do it for me either but I am happy for those who have been waiting for it. Seems like the CE is not as loaded as previous CE's? Looks like they reused the Ruby Red leftover stock? So glad I have zero interest-NEXT!

Makes me look forward to the next Stern. Not interested in Venom, but will consider Bond if done right.

#27677 1 year ago

I would say A View to a Kill is my favorite Bond and Roger Moore is the best Bond actor so far

A little trivia question:

What James Bond movie and what actor gets with the most women in all of the series?

A View to Kill (resized).jpgA View to Kill (resized).jpg
#27678 1 year ago

I understand it’s probably a licensing and IP thing - but TS4 is a shining example to me that in pinball it’s better to use an entire franchise if possible rather than one movie. Toy Story as a franchise is iconic - TS4 as a movie is definitely not.

Hopefully Stern doesn’t go down that road if they do Jaws, Bond or BTTF. Can you imagine if it’s BTTF or Jaws and they based it only on the last movie?

#27679 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

TS4 as a movie is definitely not

I think it was simply a matter of what available franchise licenses were available. Does it really matter if it was all of them or TS4? It is still Toy Story and TS4 is probably got some of the better characters imo. Did I mention I am thankful I did not drop 15k plus tax-dodged a bullet

#27680 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would say A View to a Kill is my favorite Bond and Roger Moore is the best Bond actor so far
What James Bond movie and what actor gets with the most women in all of the series?
[quoted image]

Roger Moore Babay!!! #MyBond

#27681 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It was all talk and no action...almost like watching "The View" with an occasional dinosaur sighting.

I liked both movies but to say JP was all talk and no action , maybe your popcorn was spiked

#27682 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I understand it’s probably a licensing and IP thing - but TS4 is a shining example to me that in pinball it’s better to use an entire franchise if possible rather than one movie. Toy Story as a franchise is iconic - TS4 as a movie is definitely not.
Hopefully Stern doesn’t go down that road if they do Jaws, Bond or BTTF. Can you imagine if it’s BTTF or Jaws and they based it only on the last movie?

In fairness I think the public sentiment on BttF3 is pretty positive, even if its not critically acclaimed. Honestly the pseudo-steampunk vibe could work. We could do worse.

A Jaws 4 pin would be a top tier cursed theme though. That would be like a Ninja Turtles themed pin based after the 3rd movie in the original theatrical series.

#27683 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think it was simply a matter of what available franchise licenses were available. Does it really matter if it was all of them or TS4? It is still Toy Story and TS4 is probably got some of the better characters imo. Did I mention I am thankful I did not drop 15k plus tax-dodged a bullet

Toy Story as a whole relies on the crane in most people's fantasies. Im sure that mech would cost in the ball park of a couple thousand alone. Maybe then I would see value in a 16k pinball machine.

That being said, a Gabby Gabby head mech that shot balls out of its eyes and mouth would have also been badass. Not sure why the head doesnt even change to an angry gabby face.

No innovation. Rehashed old tricks. Im sad. Cant wait to see what Elwin has cooked up.

#27684 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Rehashed old tricks

I don't know I will reserve my true judgement till after I get to play it. I will say it does have some fun looking features. I liked the ramp jump mode and it reminded me of Hole in One shot(probably one of my favorite shots in all of pinball)

The theme just is not my cup of tea. Would be a fun game for the family-but my family are non-pinheads who could careless

#27685 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I liked both movies but to say JP was all talk and no action , maybe your popcorn was spiked

Agreed. I don’t know what people were expecting. I actually loved it!!
I may go see it again. #SweetDinoAction

#27686 1 year ago

I'd give Jaws: the revenge shot as long as the ball is the shark and you get to eat Mario Van Peebles

Quoted from MrChupon:

A Jaws 4 pin would be a top tier cursed theme though. That would be like a Ninja Turtles themed pin based after the 3rd movie in the original theatrical series.

#27687 1 year ago

If stern showed anything related to bttf pinball JJP's toy story 4 pinball would be no more

#27688 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If stern showed anything related to bttf pinball JJP's toy story 4 pinball would be no more

Think JJP managed that themselves.

#27689 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Agreed. I don’t know what people were expecting. I actually loved it!!
I may go see it again. #SweetDinoAction

Everyone will have a different opinion but for every positive opinion I've heard about the film, I'm hearing 2-3 negative.

It has a 30% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't always listen to critics when deciding on whether to see a movie but ratings that bad 95% of the time mean the movie is a stinker. I'll wait to watch it for free on Amazon in 8 months.

#27690 1 year ago

Stern should send JJP a 'thank you' card..! JJP missed a huge opportuny into proving they can handle big licenses.

Now, Stern just needs to stick to their marketing plan and deliver either Venom, BTTF, Bond or Jaws. I'm with team Bond/Jaws, but those other titles do sound good as well!

#27691 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Everyone will have a different opinion but for every positive opinion I've heard about the film, I'm hearing 2-3 negative.
It has a 30% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't always listen to critics when deciding on whether to see a movie but ratings that bad 95% of the time mean the movie is a stinker. I'll wait to watch it for free on Amazon in 10 months.

Sure, but the audience score was close To the original JP on rotten tomatoes.

#27692 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure that if you are into pinball,
You have watched or heard of Jack Danger AKA Dead Flip video's from his gameplay streams or new pinball reveals, we sit down with Dead Flip and hear his crazy story on how he got into the pinball world!
Pinball Stories- Dead Flip Pioneering pinball streaming to Stern Pinball Designer

#27693 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I'm pretty sure that if you are into pinball,
You have watched or heard of Jack Danger AKA Dead Flip video's from his gameplay streams or new pinball reveals, we sit down with Dead Flip and hear his crazy story on how he got into the pinball world!
Pinball Stories- Dead Flip Pioneering pinball streaming to Stern Pinball Designer

This was a fun interview!
Also, I miss that mullet already <3

#27694 1 year ago

Mullets are always good
mullet-3 (resized).jpgmullet-3 (resized).jpg

#27695 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Roger Moore, The Spy Who Loved Me?

I also loved A View to a Kill - Max Zorin is an ace Villain

#27696 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Elwin's next game will be the April release next year.

Perfect timing for Jaws! By summer they would out in good numbers.

#27697 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Better call Duran Duran for song rights

#27698 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I grew up listening to Rap/Hip Hop

Awww. I’m sorry. That must have been awful. LOL

#27699 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

If it has the rumoured Aston Martin mech it won’t be Moore, unless Stern do a JJP TS and ignore the themes.

As for the trivia I’d say Moore had the most ladies overall.

#27700 1 year ago

Love James Bond. However, it cannot be argued that Roger Moore is clearly the worst. The cheese and bad puns are almost unwatchable now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 554 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/554?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.